Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Tips For Overcoming Fear - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips For Overcoming Fear (543 Views)

Ebola Fear: Nigeria’s Airports, Borders Under Surveillance / Overcoming Infertility,hormone Imbalance,irregular Menstruation In A Natural Way / Overcoming Premature Ejaculations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Overcoming Fear by Naskiid(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2016

A lot of people get scared, not because of the possibility of failure but because they are scared of what other people will think of them. Is that how you want to live your life, In Fear?

The world has far greater things to offer you, but it can’t do that if you are scared to take it up on them. The nice thing about life is that it always gives you a chance to try again, so be a little fearless and seek some new opportunities. Fear Is Just False – Evidence – Appearing – Real

Here are 3 tips to help you overcome fear:

Surround yourself with people who support your dreams

I have a good friend who also happens to be a great journalist. What I love about him is that every time we are together, I grow as an individual. He gives me advice and supports me in my dreams and that alone helps me want to achieve more in life.

It’s important to surround yourself with the people that bring out the best in you. It is no use a having a million friends who do not have a positive effect in your life.

When you surround yourself with people who care about you, they will pick you up when you fall and give you the pep talk you need.

Remember why you started

In my first year of university, I had a friend who got a bursary to study at the University of Johannesburg, all-expenses paid. To cut the story short, he dropped out.

Sometimes we are given everything, but we cannot utilise what we have because most people do not know the power of determination and attitude. The minute you change your attitude towards something, you will be able to overcome it.

My friend did not set his attitude to love what he was doing. Instead, he was doing it for other people. The minute you do something for other people and not yourself, trust me, it will never work out.

Embrace it

Fear is a good thing, it prevents you from doing things that might harm you; however students tend to miss out on opportunities because they fear what others may think of them if they fail.

A wise man once said, ‘if you do tomorrow what you did today, you will get tomorrow what you got today.’’ Always know that when you do the same every day you will get the same result.

To achieve bigger things in life, you need to move away from your comfort zone. Make a choice, decide on what you want to do and who you want to be. Then ask yourself how you will get there.

The fact is, failure is part of life. We all fail at some point. What happens next depends on how you take it. Will you simply give up, or get up and move on?
Source http://www.accraxclusive.com/tips-for-overcoming-fear/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Advantages Of Drinking Water In The Morning / Health care tips / Doctor's In The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.