Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka (83245 Views)

"Comparing Okorocha With Obiano Is Like Comparing Messi With Sec School Players" / Owerri: The Most Modern City In Southeast_pix / Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 1:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
Awka is the capital of Anambra State, Nigeria with an estimated population of 301,657 As of 2006 Nigerian census,
Strategically, Awka is located midway between two major cities in Northern Igboland, Onitsha and Enugu which has informed its choice as an administrative center for the colonial authorities and today as a base for the Anambra State government. Awka before Obiano's administration was nothing to write home about, now things are changing gradually within two years of his administration, part of efforts to transform Awka as a modern city., In addition to the overhead bridges, Obiano’s government has started the construction of the three arms zone, a five –star hotel, a 5000 sitting capacity conference center and a shopping mall in the capital city. The governor said all the roads to be constructed by his administration would be complemented with street light to improve the skyline of the state capital.

Pictures of Awka before governor Obiano administration

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 1:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
New Awka

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by opalu: 1:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
Great works

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
New Awka[/quote]

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Sealeddeal(m): 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
Op,I don't know what your celebration is all about? Why are you people eager to destroy Anambra state. Anybody that thinks that something uncommon is happening in Awka or in any part of anambra state need to think again. Everyday, we are being inundated with lies and half-truths. Anambra state is presently moving on snail speed. Obiano and his band of social media dogs cannot change the facts on ground in Anambra state.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by EasternActivist: 1:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
The cries of a pained APC loyalist...
[s]
Sealeddeal:
Op,I don't know what your celebration is all about? Why are you people eager to destroy Anambra state. Anybody that thinks that something uncommon is happening in Awka or in any part of anambra state need to think again. Everyday, we are being inundated with lies and half-truths. Anambra state is presently moving on snail speed. Obiano and his band of social media dogs cannot change the facts on ground in Anambra state.
[/s]

APC is dead on arrival in Anambra state no amount of Ngige can revive it.

Anambra ejebe go live.
Op kudos.

That aroma axis is an enough testimony to how Awka has been upgrading in recent times...

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
New Awka

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AnamCity: 1:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
FKO81:
New Awka

11 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
So.my area near crouchies don change hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 1:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
Awka under the able leadership of Gov Willie Obiano

9 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 1:50pm On Mar 13, 2016
New Awka secured and clean

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
New Awka

7 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by arresa: 1:54pm On Mar 13, 2016
lol @ modern city. Big pile of dirty red soil

Go and look for the meaning of modern in the dictionary.

Funny people..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by waternogeteneny: 1:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
OP if Obiano cannot close those gutters with technology and creating side walk pavement for pedestrian with street light provision.

He has not done anything.

27 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AnamCity: 2:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
waternogeteneny:
OP if Obiano cannot close those gutters with technology and creating side walk pavement for pedestrian with street light provision.

He is not done yet, work still in progress.

12 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Ralphdan(m): 2:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
waternogeteneny:

If ur gov can nt do better than he is doing then u should not be here talking.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Phame: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
I no fit lie. I like obiano.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by TechRez(m): 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2016
New Akwa with open drainage system in 2016 .. Uhmm

5 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by ETHIX(m): 2:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
I stayed in Awka for 2 months and just got back to lagos. I am not impressed by any development you guys are celebrating here. The same road that is not good from onitsha to Awka. OP you just snapped few places that are okay but gave an impression that the road is good.

If that is how you celebrate your development, well it is good for you. To me Enugu and Imo state are far developed than Anambra from several criteria.

The light on the bridge is a misplaced priority. There is no traffic on the bridge where light is installed. There are several places that need government attention but not attended to.

52 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by AnamCity: 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
ETHIX:
I stayed in Awka for 2 months and just got back to lagos. I am not impressed by any development you guys are celebrating here. The same road that is not good from onitsha to Awka. OP you just snapped few places that are okay but gave an impression that the road is good.

If that is how you celebrate your development, well it is good for you.

The light on the bridge is a misplaced priority. There is no traffic on the bridge where light is installed. There are several places that need government attention but not attended to.

Ok that is to you but to us and many others who see through development knows that Anambra is the best among equals. Anambra is the fastest developing state in Nigeria in all sectors. FG is handling the federal road from Onitsha to Awka. Anambra is developing State-widely unlike others. Anambra has some of the best road networks in Nigeria, below are some of state roads.

30 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Sealeddeal(m): 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
ETHIX:

If that is how you celebrate your development, well it is good for you. To me Enugu and Imo state are far developed than Anambra from several criteria.

Op is a paid propagandists. Anambra is actually getting worse in terms of infrastructure.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Ilovemystate: 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
ETHIX:

Pictures they say speaks louder than words, you can't compare one city states to Anambra, moreover the road is still under construction, read the writeup, they will install street lights after construction.

16 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Ilovemystate: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Op is a paid propagandists. Anambra is actually getting worse in terms of infrastructure.
grin cheesy grin PDP and APC sycophants doing what they know how to do best

2 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
Rubbish post.

4 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
alfred5:
Rubbish post.
The difference is clear like 7up from old and new administrationgrin

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
a LOT still has to be done.
Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
Sealeddeal:

Nwokem,stfu and stick that Ifeanyi Ubah nonsense up ya a.ss, ignorant fool! Ifeanyi Ubah can only govern Anambra in his wildest imagination.

4 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by jmichlins(m): 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
Please why all these campaign when election is about two years ahead. Some of those transformation were done by obi not the current administration.

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
arresa:
lol @ modern city. Big pile of dirty red soil

Go and look for the meaning of modern in the dictionary.

Funny people..

Even Dubia with all the oil wasn't built overnight...Awka I a work in progress and you better cure your self of hate and jealousy because you might commit suicide by the time Obiano is done with Anambra.

5 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
EasternActivist:
The cries of a pained APC loyalist...

APC is dead on arrival in Anambra state no amount of Ngige can revive it.

Anambra ejebe go live.
Op kudos.

That aroma axis is an enough testimony to how Awka has been upgrading in recent times...

That loser want Ifeanyi Ubah to govern Anambra....This is an insult. There is a big difference between a business man and a technocrat....Anambra needs the later and Ifeanyi Ubah is not it!

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
jmichlins:
Please why all these campaign when election is about two years ahead. Some of those transformation were done by obi not the current administration.

And what is your point,exactly? Obiano is not working or that we should not celebrate what is happening in our state?

Didn't Obi say he want to bring somebody who will perform better than him?? There you have it,Akpokuedike Aguleri!

3 Likes

Re: How Gov Obiano Is Transforming Awka To A Modern City Pics Of Old And New Awka by FKO81(m): 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Nigga I work for no body.

Roban store opening soon in Awka

Pics Roban store under construction

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari’s Reaction When Small Doctor Told Him 'Stop Sleeping' (Video, Pix) / Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? / The Parents Of Oshiomhole's Wife, Lara Fortes (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.