Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix (32686 Views)

Nigerians Blast Lai Mohammed For Saying Buhari has fulfilled campaign Promises / Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics / Lai Mohammed 'lai'-ed On Daura, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by chimere66: 1:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
The minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has debunked reports that while appearing on a radio show on Saturday, he claimed the Nigerian economy had gone out of control of the current administration led by President Muhammadu Buhari.

The minister was reported to have said the situation was as a result of the global economic meltdown having a negative spiral effect on the economy. He was also said to have explained on the show that the situation was so bad because Nigeria cannot determine the price of crude or gas.

In reaction to the reports of the minister’s claims, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) expressed his disappointment Sunday morning on Twitter(see his tweets above)

In a reaction to the reports and criticisms, the minister on Sunday issued a statement through his special assistant, Segun Adeyemi, in which he claimed his words were distorte

The statement reads:

“On Saturday morning, I appeared on a Radio show here in Abuja at which I spoke extensively on the issues affecting our country, especially the economy.”

“To my surprise, my views were twisted and I was reported to have said that the economy of our country is beyond the control of the President.

“This is a gross misrepresentation of what I said. I could not have said our economy is out of the control of our President or the administration he heads. As a matter of fact, this Administration has decided to turn the economic disaster‎ that we inherited to a blessing by diversifying our economy.

“I don’t know the reason behind the gross distortion of my comments on the radio, but whatever the motive is, Nigerians should disregard such distortion and continue to support our President and his Administration to take our country out of the woods.”

The minister maintained that the Buhari administration has decided to turn the economic disaster around by diversifying the economy and called for support of the citizenry in the quest to achieve the government’s aim.

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/lai-mohammed-denies-saying-economy-is.html

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by chimere66: 1:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
lol
Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by chocolateme(f): 1:52pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lai should be sacked..
Lai is a liar.
He is a locust.

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Jackeeh(m): 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
Oga Minister ah no blame you. U hear? Na old age dey worry all of una. Mtchwwwwwww! 2019 is just around the corner. I'm sure by now, even the most gullible citizens of this country, have known APC for what they truly represent ; LIES.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Chopet(m): 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
Somebody said earlier that he would soon deny it and he did. What an incompetency

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by sprinter101(m): 1:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
Twitter senator,i hail u

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Gmajor(m): 1:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
The problem with 2 faced ppl is that you dont just knw which face to slap. Yeye dey smell

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Jackeeh(m): 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Phame: 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
I know Lai wouldn't have been that stvpid and careless to make such a statement. That was a figment of imagination of those that take delight in concocting stories riddled with falsehood.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by dahaz(m): 2:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
chocolateme:
Lai should be sacked.. Lai is a liar. He is a locust.
chocolate babe easy now..
Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by buskie13(m): 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
LIE MOHAMMED

the father of all lies

Na after this guy u go see lucifer...

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by chocolateme(f): 2:04pm On Mar 13, 2016
dahaz:

chocolate babe easy now..
yes I don vex.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by dahaz(m): 2:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
chocolateme:
yes I don vex.
wetin hapen?..you slept for filing station?

5 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by IVORY2009(m): 2:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
Minister lie lie shocked shocked shocked

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
... and the long tales continues! I've always says it this is a Govt of lies, for the Lied, for the Liars! #ConfusionInDiversity

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by chocolateme(f): 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
dahaz:

almost. Left by past 3am

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by bugzbunny: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
I said dat statement will backfire
And lai will deny it

Mr lie indeed
RIP apc undecided

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Ephemmm: 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hmmm... I thought PDP said only APC was a party of media propaganda.

See that tweeter senator too: always looking like a toothless Bingo in the house only to latter turn to furious tiger on Twitter.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by BlackTechnology: 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Excess lies can lead to small truth.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by dahaz(m): 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
chocolateme:
almost. Left by past 3am
eyah no worry.It shall be well.
Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by McCarlito(m): 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
The problem with lies is that u tell more lies trying to cover up previous lies....

Lieing muhammed is living in accordance with his name..

25 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by mycar: 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
No wonder he has not been talking much these days. I pity mr. Mohammed not, he is part of our present predicaments. He should ask God for forgiveness, at his age and his is still lying? he is forgetting that the tape of the said interview is there and beside, if his media man refutes it, What then did he say?

11 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by IVORY2009(m): 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
chocolateme:
almost. Left by past 3am
3am? shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Cjizzy(m): 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
dahaz:
God save English Language

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by gurunlocker: 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
and someone in his right senses still support this government that is full of deceit and lie... 2019 isn't far,we will endure.

How will Nigeria stabilize world oil price? We ain't even giant of Africa anymore talk less of world.

I remember one drunkard that said he will stabilize world oil price, and now we don't even have that fuel and light again.

14 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by victorazy(m): 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
Correction; is Lie Muhamed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lai Muhammed is just one person i hate soo much in this administration

Everything that comes out of his mouth does more damage to the ecomony
Like niqqa, just shut the fvck up, stop trying to be relevant, nobody is forcing you to say anything
Information is power, you can't just say anything that comes from that ugly brain.

I just hate this man

12 Likes

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Ekehwinz: 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
just as i expected him to come out and deny that report and he didnt disappoint. These people are making this country a laughing stock. Imagine a minister of information of the most popular black nation on earth. It is a big shame if this man and his likes in govt are the best this country can offer.

This very man have proven overtime that he is a certified liar with no dignity.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by leofab(f): 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
Comic Ali why??

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by dunkem21(m): 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
grin
Re: Ben Bruce Blast Lai Mohammed:Lai Denies Saying Economy Is Out Of PMB Control(pix by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
We go gather find them common sense cheesy cheesy cheesy

Phame:
I know Lai wouldn't have been that stvpid and careless to make such a statement. That was a figment of imagination of those that take delight in concocting stories riddled with falsehood.

Dude stop embarrassing yourself. Stop exposing your **** ffs! The more you type, the more you show how **** you are.

Must you defend them? Even when their failure is visible for even the blind to see. Must you defend? Smh

41 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Shares Fathers Day Photo With Her Dad. / 2 Ex-Presidents, 30 Foreign Election Observers Land In Nigeria / Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.