Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures (11463 Views)

Construction Process Of A 6 Flats (3 Bedrooms House) / *Building A 6 Bedroom Executive Duplex In A 340sqm Land -Enugu. / How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 4:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 4:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
First steps for the proposed building project. Will give an analytic expenses enquired later in details

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by twinskenny(m): 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
Good luck sir
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by Dominionng(m): 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2016
Following...
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by joebases(m): 5:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
Right here
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2016
After the foundation and basket digging, we proceeded with the rods.

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
More pictures with the third step.

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
At the begining of this project, there was a bit of hurry so we actually bought blocks. Also , bought granites in fragments. Until DPC level.
Below are pictures.

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2016
We are using a 9-inch blocks for the project.. You can ask questions as i might not be very detailed on the processes..

Disclaimer : any part of these photos must not be reposted anywhere, copied or used for any part of advertisment or reproduction as this is solely for the purpose of educating, giving insightful knowlegde to determined and interested builders.
I would not like to mention some few names on this property section who is capable. grin grin
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by 4nobody4every1: 9:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
cool
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 9:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
Now we must do chaining of the entire building.
Below are the capentry aspects

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 9:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
Up next, we must install our pipes and do neccessery plumbing works as we are building a completely standard and modern building.

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 9:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
The view.
Note: this job is on a 30By30 piece of land (100x100)

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
I would have posted the design of the building to understand the class and standard of structure we are targeting but i will not like to do that for now.
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by walad4yhu(m): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2016
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 9:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
From this point. We took our time getting two trailer load of granite valued at 180k per trailer load amounting to 360k.

I wasnt around for the sand-filling process but it took 30 bush loading trailer loads of sharp white sand.

workmanship for filling the sand into it was at 1,500 per 1 load = 30*1,500 = 45k

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE OTHER EXPENSIS FROM THE BEGINNING, ALL RECORDS OF THE COMPLETE PROCESSES ARE KEPT ACCURATELY.
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 10:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
German flooring is completed,
Blocks available and molded by ourself= 3,200 for now as we targeted and estimated around 4,000 blocks to the beam/decking level excluding the recent foundation blocks already used.
Molder took 700 per one bag which produced 25 blocks per bag. (30 might have been used but for a stronger block, we choosed 25/bag)

Normally 800 per bag as normal standard price but ours was by a closely related contact.

From The below photo, we already continued with block works.

We actually wanted to erect only pillars completely to the decking level before block work but we thought it was going to procure more expenses as we might not need to buy and spend more on woods for boarding.

So we took the alternative of continuing block work.

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 10:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
Continued work. To the window level

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 10:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
We'll pause for now as you can ask any question.
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
Project sterotype.

1 Like

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 10:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Consisting ;
Two bedroom downstairs,
Antel/Visitor's room,
Living room,
Dinning,
Store,
Laundry room,
A Big kitchen with enough space for another dinning inside the kitchen for a modern house,
Visitors toilet.

A pool by the right but there an obstruction Of view
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2016
I'll stop here for now

Cost enquired to the DPC level is around 2.1 million including community level of 100k ,
Survey , And some others not neccesary to point out.

Will give the later expensis procured to the decking/beam level. For now work is still on going
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by olumide4christ: 12:17am On Mar 14, 2016
WebSurfer:
Continued work. To the window level

Bros welldone on this project....

However, let me state that your not casting the german floor (ground floor bed) before continuing with the blockwork in superstructure will cause issues in the building later. These issues include:
- cracks between the floor & the walls of the rooms due to differential settlement between floor and walls
- influx of termites and other insects into the building due to the cracks
- cracks in the walls as a result of differential settlement of the walls
- rising dampness through the cracks created by the differential settlement

Note that casting the german floor before continuing the superstructural blockwork is STANDARD in construction; you may confirm from any qualified and registered construction professional (architect, quantity surveyor, engineer, builder).

However, you have already gone beyond the stage of remedy, so wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 14, 2016
I'm confused, is there a german floor or not?
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 14, 2016
WebSurfer:
We are using a 9-inch blocks for the project.. You can ask questions as i might not be very detailed on the processes..

Disclaimer : any part of these photos must not be reposted anywhere, copied or used for any part of advertisment or reproduction as this is solely for the purpose of educating, giving insightful knowlegde to determined and interested builders.
I would not like to mention some few names on this property section who is capable.
grin grin
Thank you.

Chineke Odinma, it has come to this? grin
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 6:15am On Mar 14, 2016
olumide4christ:

Bros welldone on this project....

However, let me state that your not casting the german floor (ground floor bed) before continuing with the blockwork in superstructure will cause issues in the building later. These issues include:
- cracks between the floor & the walls of the rooms due to differential settlement between floor and walls
- influx of termites and other insects into the building due to the cracks
- cracks in the walls as a result of differential settlement of the walls
- rising dampness through the cracks created by the differential settlement

Note that casting the german floor before continuing the superstructural blockwork is STANDARD in construction; you may confirm from any qualified and registered construction professional (architect, quantity surveyor, engineer, builder).

However, you have already gone beyond the stage of remedy, so wishing you all the best.
we casted it, i only explained saying i wasnt around when it was done... Thank you
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 6:17am On Mar 14, 2016
EgunMogaji:
I'm confused, is there a german floor or not?
there is brother. It was done before we continued block work..
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by twinskenny(m): 6:42am On Mar 14, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Chineke Odinma, it has come to this? grin
\

yes ooo baba.. saw someone displaying other people job sometime ago.. the owner ask him to snap himself with the background of the building lol

1 Like

Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by twinskenny(m): 6:43am On Mar 14, 2016
WebSurfer:
Project sterotype.

the design is superb..

dont forget what we do sir..

Good luck
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 6:55am On Mar 14, 2016
twinskenny:
\

yes ooo baba.. saw someone displaying other people job sometime ago.. the owner ask him to snap himself with the background of the building lol
lol, Mr E.J is now very popular on Nairaland. I didnt call any name ooo grin grin grin
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by laptopsale(m): 9:25am On Mar 14, 2016
Lovely design you got there, good job.
Re: Construction and Cost of A 6 Bedroom Duplex In Details And Pictures by WebSurfer(m): 9:30am On Mar 14, 2016
laptopsale:
Lovely design you got there, good job.
thanks bro..

Kubs architects: 07061814655

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Need A Builder Or You Want Some Advice On Your On Going Project / Estimated Cost Of Laying Foundation For A 1 Storeyed Building / The future is now; Its yours with N60,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.