Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

This “change” Is Killing Us:open Letter To Buhari By Inibeheeffiong. A MUST READ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This “change” Is Killing Us:open Letter To Buhari By Inibeheeffiong. A MUST READ (507 Views)

Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T / List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This “change” Is Killing Us:open Letter To Buhari By Inibeheeffiong. A MUST READ by blog4all(m): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dear President Buhari,

It is with a deep sense of humility that I write to convey to you my sincere feelings on the state of affairs in our nation and my home State, Akwa Ibom. I am doing so as an ardent supporter who devoted his time; risked his safety; staked his integrity and passionately and vociferously defended your candidacy during the 2015 presidential election in defiance of the strong campaign of calumny mounted against you by those who never wanted you to be the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

If I had any other practicable and convenient channel of communicating with you, I would have graciously explored it. Accept my sincere apologies if you are discomfited by my resort to public engagement through this open letter.
During the electioneering campaigns, you went round the country and vigorously propagated the message of change and solicited the support and votes of the Nigerian people with a solemn undertaking that our precarious situation will be ameliorated upon your assumption of office. I was persuaded by your promises. Majority of Nigerians went to the polls on March 28, 2015 and overwhelmingly elected you as the president of Nigeria because you promised change.

The slogan was ‘Sai Buhari’.
For once, I found dignity in my Nigerian citizenship. Many Nigerians, myself inclusive, kept vigil to monitor closely the events and controversies at the National Collation Centre. We were willing and prepared to march on the streets and defend your mandate if the Godsday Orubebes’ of this world had suceeded in truncating the final collation of results.

I shed tears of joy when the then Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega, declared you the winner of that fiercely contested election. It was a marvellous and glorious experience. The feeling was simply indescribable. Upon your declaration, you proceeded to the National Secretariat of your party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) where you addressed a world press conference and reiterated your mantra of change. That night, I slept like a little baby because I felt that a responsible, incorruptible and courageous leader had finally emerged in Nigeria in my lifetime to lead our country out of the precipice.

My dear President, ten months after your historic assumption of office, it has become increasingly tedious to defend the change we proudly supported and voted for. The hitherto much taunted “body language of the president” seems to have evaporated.

It is true that the corruption infested Goodluck Jonathan’s regime and those before him had greatly destroyed, vandalised and polluted our country. It is also true that you met Nigeria in a terrible state. We are not unmindful of the myriad of challenges your administration is facing: from financial constraints due largely to low prices of crude oil at the international market; security problems orchestrated by the Boko Haram sect, the rampaging Fulani herdsmen and the very delicate agitation by the Pro-Biafran movement, etc. Nobody is expecting you to perform miracles or “turn things around overnight” as erroneously suggested by some of your aides.

READ MORE @ http://www.thekillerpunch.com/change-killing-us-open-letter-president-muhammadu-buhari-inibehe-effiong-must-read/

Re: This “change” Is Killing Us:open Letter To Buhari By Inibeheeffiong. A MUST READ by Tocheagle(m): 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
In the end PDP wailers will cry . All these setback is temporary . PDP swept all problems under the carpet to make the room(Nigeria) look clean . Is it not this same economy dat okonjo iweala said was perfect . Pple noticed d signs of what we see today frm jona's tenure but she denied it all . Am not saying buhari is perfect , but he is working . Apc is really sweeping the crap dat pdp hid under the rug . By the way I dnt support any party, am a neutralist . N:B Cursed be anybody who insults me cos of what I just wrote . AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION
Re: This “change” Is Killing Us:open Letter To Buhari By Inibeheeffiong. A MUST READ by Tinubutoto: 6:59am On Mar 14, 2016
inibehe, pls where were u during the election? don't forget we were together in law school so stop spreading lies on how u marched forward to see baba was elected. in fact, u never voted neither did u campaign for baba

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Fayose Visits, Prostrates Before Ooni / REVEALED: NNPC 'failed To Remit' N3.2trn To FG In 2014 -auditor General / How Use To Take Money To Badeh’s Residence – NAF Director Of Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.