Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,824 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled (140191 Views)

I Was Moved To Tears Last Time Saraki, Ekweremadu Went To Court – Wabara / Amaechi Embezzled N3trn As Governor – Rivers Govt / The Security Chief Buhari Almost Sacked - Tell Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2018
How Trillions of Naira were embezzled shocked
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2018
Okonjo Iweala Says Private Sector Part Of Corruption Problem Pt.1 |Business Morning|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iombkEAGIIM
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2018
Okonjo Iweala Says Private Sector Part Of Corruption Problem Pt.2 |Business Morning|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkELG5A_XDs
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
Dora Akunyili speaks from the grave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyhWQaX3Wxc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2018
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by orisa37: 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
Soldiers don't weep. Jail the Thieves, recover the Funds and invest in productive not consumming businesses.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2018
orisa37:

Soldiers don't weep. Jail the Thieves, recover the Funds and invest in productive not consumming businesses.

He almost wept. cool
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by orisa37: 5:17am On Nov 30, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

He almost wept. cool

Jesus actually wept. He is our Lord Soldier. But He immediately woke up Lazarus. That was productive. Rather than command money to come out of Fish, give to Mary & Matha to make merry.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00pm On Dec 18, 2018
Get Connected To Hope: Feasting after the Famine at Deeper Life National December Retreat 2018

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2019
This Is That Year.

This is that year I have been telling you about; the year when truly, everything becomes new.

The year of endless possibilities, unlimited potentials and divine favour backing it all. It is the year we have been waiting for because God has promised to do us good.

This is that year when the floodgates of heaven have already been opened, the blessings we have long prayed for is on its way and an outpouring of revival has begun.

A year when we will keep looking for more and more chances to share the good news of Christ, to share testimonies of his miraculous work in our lives and to share a word and actions of faith, hope and love.

Remember when you shed tears of pain, distraught and fear, this year, tears of wonderment, fulfilment and immeasurable joy will be ceaseless in running down your cheeks.

Children for those who have sought for it, the family that wants one gets one, those who desired twins, will get theirs, and those who have prayed and sought for long, have you started preparing? Multiple births are coming your way.

Admissions into institution of higher learning, scholarships to back them up and retentive and innovative brains to ensure you emerge with a First class has been placed on you.

Start to practice how to share your testimony, because you will have to do it, and do it again, and then share an even bigger one.
Those that expect an outpouring leave home with an umbrella, those that know God has made this year just for them leave their house every day with a smile and the assurance that "All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Our tears have been wiped off, our sorrows turned to joy and our hope has been restored.

When I told you that this is the year we have been waiting for, do you now know what I mean? Why not start counting your blessings and naming them one by one, because, in twelve months time, they will be too much for you to count.

Are you ready for the best year you have ever lived? Don't forget, there will be no lack, no loss and no limitations in your life this year.
This is your year.

See more HERE:

1 Share

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:57pm On Jan 02, 2019
MrLife1234:
All Pronises Cancelled.
The change they were shouting about was just to change those ruining the country. what has changed?
i don't even understand why stupid and gullible people are endorsing Buhari despite all the hardships that are being faced during his tenure, people can still be so fuulish to support him, he came in with a CHANGE slogan, let's say you were not wise then and went on to vote for him , now he is chanting NEXT LEVEL, do you guys want to go for another NEXT LEVEL of hardships? you all should know that the same tools that Bubari used to drive us to this position is still the same tools he is intending to use for NEXT LEVEL, please, you should always think well before making any decisions... vote for ATIKU and if he is worst, we will have to vote him out than voting again for the same person.
Some people in an attempt to secure thousands of acres of land for their kinsmen released mayhem on farmers in order to justify their demand
Do we need to tell people in Benue, Plateau, Kogi, Kwara, Nassarawa,not to Vote APC?

What do you think about Sowore? He seems to be communicating.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2019
DAILY ⓂANNA
THURSDAY JANUARY 3, 2019

A CROCODILE SMILE

TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 18:22-30

KEY VERSE: "And Saul commanded his servants, saying, Commune with David secretly, and say, Behold, the king hath delight in thee, and all his servants love thee: now therefore be the king's son in law" (1 Samuel 18:22).

Not too long ago, a country's army within the West African subregion launched an operation which is code-named, "Operation Crocodile Smile" in a particular region of the country to combat the frequent incidence of vandals sabotaging oil installations in the region. We all know that crocodiles don't smile; therefore, this code was used metaphorically to denote something more serious.

Saul, a master schemer, sent his servants to David to persuade him to become the king's son-in-law and to tell him how much the king and his servants loved him. Meanwhile, he was busy laying a terrible snare for his life. For the bride price, he asked for him for a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, intending to have him killed in the process of securing them. Against all odds, David got even more than what was required and Saul was compelled to give his daughter, Michal, in marriage to him. But this was the beginning of the games on his life.

Saul had been David's arch enemy right from the day he killed Goliath to dwarf his achievements and reputation as Israel's king. And when the women rose up in songs heralding the exploits of this young lad, Saul was envious, and unjustly planned to have David eliminated. He played nice in order to make him relax and not be on his guard so that he would kill him. But God delivered David from his evil plans.

As believers, we must realise that the murky waters of life are infested with hidden enemies like crocodiles, waiting to make a kill. Therefore, we should walk carefully and prayerfully under the guidance of the Holy Spirit to overcome in the battles of life. Through prayer and watchfulness, we must not succumb to the wiles of the devil.

Thought for the day: "It is folly to succumb to the subtle strategies of evil men."

Bible Reading In One Year: Genesis 7-10

BIBLE ACCOUNTS AS THEY OCCURRED

See more HERE:

Crocodile smile or crocodile tears?
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by orisa37: 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2019
Crocodile tears.
God always sees more humans' Misdeeds than Buhari has seen. God just devises a new System to cub them. It is that new System we are asking Buhari to do when we suggest Restructuting.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2019
orisa37:

Crocodile tears.
God always sees more humans' Misdeeds than Buhari has seen. God just devises a new System to cub them. It is that new System we are asking Buhari to do when we suggest Restructuting.

Don't you think that the vice-President, Osinbajo did a better job in Buhari's absence, would he not be a more efficient President if Buhari steps down?
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by orisa37: 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2019
That is already authorised, approved and certified IJN BY GOD from His Temple of Grace.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
orisa37:

That is already authorised, approved and certified IJN BY GOD from His Temple of Grace.

Under what circumstances do thing PMB would abdicate?
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by orisa37: 5:28am On Jan 14, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Under what circumstances do thing PMB would abdicate?

Only Atheists don't believe in Miracles. The Lord is on Judgement Seat!
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2019
orisa37:

Only Atheists don't believe in Miracles. The Lord is on Judgement Seat!

I do not pray for the death of PMB but he may still step aside as IBB did.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by orisa37: 5:27am On Jan 17, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

I do not pray for the death of PMB but he may still step aside as IBB did.

Every human's action, interaction and movement is The Lord's Doing. Keep your Faith in Him.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
FLASHBACK ON FEDERAL APPOINTMENTS:

Below is how appointments were in GEJ's time:

*"Secretary General of the Federarion"- Anyim Pius Anyim.*
*DG of DSS - Ita Ekpeyoung*
*"Minister of Petroleum" - Deiziani Alison Madueke*
*"Minister of Finance" - Ngozi Okonjo Iweala*
*CBN governor- Sanusi Lamido was removed in a controversial circumstances and replaced with "Godwin Emefiele"*
*Chief of Staff - Mike Oghiadomhe*
*"Accountant General of the Federarion -* *Jonah Otunia.*
*Chief of Army staff. Azubuike Ihejirika, later replaced by Kenneth Minima.*
1. *NIMET~Dr. Anthony Anuforom*
2. *NNPC~Eng. Andrew Yakubu*
3. *NIMASA~Patrick Apobolokemi*
4. *PENCOM~Mrs. Chinelo Anohu Amazu*
5. *FERMA~Engr. Chukwu Amuchi*
6. *DPR~Mr. George Osahon*
7. *"Bank Of Industry"~Ms. Evelyn Oputu*
8. *Nigerian Content Dev. Agency~Ernest Nwanpa*
9. *Consumer Protection Agency~Mrs Dupe Atoki*
10. *NCC~Engr. Eugene Juwa*
11. *NAMA~Engr. Nnamdi Udoh*
12. *NCAA~Engr. Akikuotu*
13. FAAN~*George Uriesi*
14. *NCAT~Capt. Chinere Kalu*
15. *SEC~Aruma Otteh*
16. *"Sovereign Wealth Fund~Uche Orji*
17. *NAFDAC~Dr Paul Orhil*
18. *FIIRO~Dr. Mrs. G. N Elemo*
19. *Maritime Academy Of Nigeria~Oron Joshua Okpo*
20. *Railway Corporation~Eng. Seyi Sijuwade*
21. *Nigerian Tourism Dev. Corporation~Mrs. Sally Mbanefoh*
22. *"Budget Office Of The Federation"~Dr Bright Okogwu*
23. *NERDC~Prof Godswill Obioma*
24. *NEXIM~Mr R. R Orya*
25. *Standard Organization Of Nigeria~Dr Joseph Odumodu*
26. *Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation~Emeka Nkem Mba*
27. *"Industrial Training Fund"~Prof. Longmas Wapmuk*
28. *National University Commission~Prof. Okojie*
29. *NESREA~Mrs. N.S Benebo*
30. *MDG Office~Dr. Precious Gbenio*
31. *"Surveyor General Of The Federation"~Peter Chigozie*
32. *Statistician General Of The Federation~Dr. Yemi Kale*
33. *"Accountant General Of The Federation"~Mr. Jonah Otunla*
34. *"Auditor General Of The Federation"~Samuel Yonongo Ukura*
35. *National Orientation Agency~Mike Omieri*
36. *News Agency Of Nigeria~Oluremi Oyo*
*Oluremi Oyo was replaced by Ima Niboro....from the South South.*
37. *NEPC E/S David I Adelugba*
38. *NEPZA~Mr. Olugbenga Kuye*
39. *BPP~Engr Emeka Ezeh*
40. *Niger Delta Ministry-Orubebe, etc.*

*All these happened yet some people kept quiet, now they are talking.
*Bishop Bolanle Gbonigi led a delegation to protest the lopsidedness twice.
"Jonathan promised to do something about it; he never did".
"OPC founder, Faseun, took two-page advert in The Guardian in November 2011 to draw attention to it; nothing was done to correct it".*
*Many have forgotten it was like that in the First Republic. Akintola kept drawing our attention to it, but his outcry was overshadowed, indeed drowned, by the crisis in the Action Group. He always spoke of Ikejiani, Iketa-ani!!!*
*An aspect of efforts to correct it with Richard Akinjide as Education Minister led to crisis at Unilag instigated by Dr. Ben Nwabueze, now Professor.
Akinjide sought to replace Prof. Eni Njoku with Prof. Saburi Biobaku. You may wish to remember that he was stabbed by an Adams, a Yoruba student in our accustomed detribalization and liberalism. Until Akinjide became minister of education under Balewa, the Yorubas hardly got federal scholarships. If at all it was tokenism.*

*Among the first set of Yorubas to benefit from Akinjide's attempted redress in 1965 was Professor Akinyemi to pursue his higher degrees at Cambridge. At the time just go to Yaba Tech, or NBC, especially Voice of Nigeria headed by Chinua Achebe, yes the same Achebe.*

*Go to all the Federal Govt parastatals of that era. What of federal civil service, particularly the upper echelon. It was then speculated at the time that the reason Zik did not cooperate with Awolowo in 1959 to form Govt was so that he could put his people in different vital positions in pursuit of his dream that it was a matter of time when the Igbos would dominate and rule the whole of Africa. At the time Njoku was at Unilag, Kenneth Dike was the Vice Chancellor at the University of Ibadan, appointed over the head of his superiors, "Oladele Ajose" who was in fact the only black already on the Academic Board of UI; Dr. Sanya Onabamiro; and Dr. Victor Oyenuga. Dike and Hezy Oluwasanmi were on the same level, the fourth ring. Dr. Francis Ibiam was chairman of Council. So, he went to London University to lobby for Kenneth Dike, his kinsman. Incidentally, Dike was in Canada at the time on sabbatical.*

*The Yoruba academics then led a protest delegation to Chief Awolowo at Oke Ado. He calmed them down and said the answer was in the West setting up its own university. He asked them to give him a paper. That was what led to the founding of the University of Ife!!!.*

*While Dike held sway, the halls, catering, drycleaning services were all dominated by Igbos.*

*The same thing repeated itself at Yaba College of Technology.*

- Ranti Afowowe. 27 January at 13:53
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2019
THIS IS SO TRUE ABOUT NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS, SO VERY SAD!!!!

What John Zibiri said about Nigeria

I worked and lived in Abuja for 18 years. I ran my own private company from 2001 until 2014.

Two million of the likes of Buhari cannot change Nigeria.

�Everything is wrong with Nigeria.

�The Director won't give you contract except you pay up front .

�The banks won't give you loan except you concede a certain percentage.

�The man supervising the contract won't pass the job except you play ball.
�The clerk won't pass your file for payment except you rob his palm.
�The accounts department won't raise your payment voucher or cheque unless you see them. I can go on and on.

�The worst thing is that it has become a norm that nobody sees anything wrong with.
� If you think otherwise, they begin to think you are sick and not normal.
�If you try to stand in their way, you put your life at risk.

�If you get killed there is no justice system in place to seek redress and bring the perpetrators to book.

�The police is corrupt , the Judiciary is the same.
�Even the religious circle is not spared.

�Everything in Nigeria revolves around corruption.
�Nobody cares about anybody. No law and order.
� I looked from my left to right, everybody is only desperate about one thing "money".
�They will kill anybody and anything that stand between them and money.
�I am an electrical engineer with MNSE and COREN. The system don't care about my qualifications.

�Distribution and transmission jobs are given to alhajis, pastors, friends and relatives without any basic skills.
�I started asking myself, how do I convince my kids that education and hard work is rewarding?
�When fools, agberos and touts are running the country from the local govt to the Presidency.

�Is this what my four sons will also go through? In 2014 I decided I have had enough. I decided I was leaving. I migrated to Australia with my family.
�Don't put yourself in harm way for any reason.
�The problem of Nigeria is in the hands of Nigerians living in Nigeria.

�Try starting a gate house in your village, everybody wants to profiteer from it. The bricklayer, the carpenter, the mason and even your brother who claim to be supervising on your behalf.
�They are corrupt, morally bankrupt and selfish.
� Everybody there thinks about himself and nobody is thinking about Nigeria .

�You don't have to be the one to go there to change anything.
�Let those under the hammer start the revolution. I beg make you hear word.
�This post is gonna anger a lot of my followers. I'm still gonna post it anyway.

*Analogy of OPPRESSORS & FOOLISH CITIZENS.
*(A case study of Nigeria citizens & their elected oppressors):

� During the Soviet dictatorship of Joseph Stalin. He was a brutal dictator with mind of his own. On one fateful day, Stalin came to Politburo meeting with a live chicken. Standing in front of audience, He started to pluck the feathers of the live chicken off one by one.

�The chicken trembled in pain, blood tricking out of its pores. It gave out grievous cries, but Stalin being a cruel dictator continued without remorse plucking the feathers out until the chicken was completely naked. After which, he threw the chicken on the ground.

�The naked chicken was staggering in pain. Stalin goes into his pocket and from his pockets, he took out some chicken food and started to throw it at the poor & hapless creature.

�The poor chicken in pain started eating and Stalin started walking towards his seat. As he walked away, he kept dropping some feeds on the floor & the chicken followed him and sat feeding from his feet.

�Joseph Stalin then turned to members of his political party leadership.

�He said, "This chicken represents the people".

�"You must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up, starve them and then leave them".

�"If you do this, go into your pocket & give them peanuts when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they will blindly follow you for the rest of their life, worshiping you".

�"They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that, you're responsible for their sorrowful situation in the first place."

� Breath taking, isn't it ?

�‍♂ Now! Take a look at all the people some Nigerians are busy defending on social media.

�Take a look at those they call their heroes.
�They are the same people who plunged Nigeria into the situation she is.
�They are the same people who are responsible for their predicaments.

�Did you see the numbers of people that throng to Saraki's house during this Christmas period to go and collect peanuts?

�Did you see the crowd that welcomed Ibori?

�Your guess is as good as mine. And the likes of many others, we all know about.

�Nigerians kill those they should defend and defend those they should kill! �

Pass to all your contacts & let your government know we know.

Author by: unknown.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2019
�To my brothers in the south east;

How come the PDP that refused to visit Ariaria market in Aba in 16years, refused to rehabilitate major highways in the south east in 16years, or construct new 68 roads, refused to construct the 2nd Niger bridge in 16years, did not implement any de-politicized social intervention program like N-power, Tradermoni etc in the zone in 16years, did not have a policy of the Nigerian Army purchasing its combat boots from Aba in 16years; did not patronize innoson motors in 16years; did not provide independent power projects in your markets, refused to complete the Zik Mausoleum in 16years of bumper revenue of almost $1trillion is good to the south east? How?

But the PMB/APC that has done all that including begging the PDP led National Assembly to restore the appropriation for Enugu airport they cut is the evil one and the tribalistic one. The PDP never re- constructed any section of the Enugu- Port Harcourt Expressway despite contracts and mobilization to that effect. I mean never. Its a road I used frequently almost monthly between 2000 and 2009 and I use it yearly from 2010 till date so I know. Is that a good enough score card for 16years?

The hate some of you are displaying against PMB or APC is senseless and stupid. It has no basis in common sense or logic and belies the fact that as human beings, we are rational beings. This is time for introspection and reconciliation with the truth to avoid the harsh verdict of history. Even if PMB had offended you in the past (which is not the case), he has done enough to earn your forgiveness. Please stop the animalistic hate!

Source https://www.facebook.com/osamedekingsley.ikponmwosa? 2 February at 19:30
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
POINTBLANK.

***PRESIDENT CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH, PROF OLUSOJI AJAYI SPOKE ON PRESIDENT BUHARI.

"""I am not praising Buhari but nobody can say we have found billions in Buhari's account. Previous leaders have been wasteful. Before now a contract of N2m can go to N2bn without anybody asking questions.

"They said by 2010, Nigeria will be among the first 20 economies I countered it that it was a mirage. If you tell me Nigeria in the next 10 years will rank among the best I will not counter it because our economy is being well managed.

"The reason I would have wanted Buhari to continue in 2019 is to solidify and build on some structures he has laid so that if anybody is coming, on board, it would be difficult to destroy."

Initially he said, "We have a President who does not believe in ostentatious lifestyle. He has no house in London, no house in Dubai. May God give Buhari a few more years and those to take over from him would build on it. There are still few people like Buhari."""

The Republican News.

Copied from Sunday Wale Adeniran
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2019
Truth is truly bitter!
(As received)

Multiplier effect of corruption

1. A young man works for one of the state ministries. His salary is 120K. He makes 15,000 everyday on this desk (N75k a week) engaging in corrupt practices. As a result, he spends the daily cash as he cares. Living large and far above his legitimate income.

2. He visits the local joint every evening and buys drinks for friends, and area boys. They hail him. He is married, but has two girlfriends. His "income" is enough to take care of them. The Asun seller at his favorite joint is happy, the joint owner is happy.

3. Everyone was benefiting from his "income". Friends, family, area boys, joint owner, Asun seller, girlfriends, wife and his church. Life was good.

4. Then suddenly the ministry implemented the Treasury Single Account (TSA) at the beginning of PMB administration. His extra "income" disappeared and he had to adjust to the reality of event and live within his real income. That wasn't easy.

5. Initially he reduced his daily visit to the joint to 3 days a week and stopped buying drinks for everyone. He reduced he plates of Asun. The Asun seller started to find it hard to sell a full goat each day and resorted to buy half.

6. The young man's girlfriends started to feel the heat too. No more iPhone 10. The joint owner noticed a drop in sales. The young man finally stopped visiting the joint after a month. The area boys started feeling his absence. The effect cascaded down.

7. The young man started spending more time at home with his wife and kids. The family had to readjust to the reality of the new normal. His hair stylist noticed the young man suddenly stopped tipping. He will even wait for his N200 change after haircut.

8. Things are different. Times are hard, they all cry. The young man is blaming Buhari, his wife is blaming Buhari, the area boys are blaming Buhari, the girlfriends are saying Buhari must go, the joint owner is saying Buhari killed the "economy"

9. The Asun seller is cursing Buhari, the hair stylist is insisting Buhari is too old to rule. This is the story of our nation where corruption fuels the "economy". Those who are not engaging in it are benefiting from it.

10. This tread is not about Buhari's achievement or failure, but rather about the "multiplier" effect of corruption and how we have built a system largely driven by corruption. It's about policy implication (good or bad). It's about the choices we have made.

Finally, the young man had to withdraw his kids from what he called expensive primary school his kids attend. He added:"what are they teaching them there sef " Obasanjo didn't go to a private school. I just laughed

My Take:
Most of the so called rich men and women in Nigeria before now were feeding fat on the populace, imagine a level 15 officer in a state ministry sponsoring two of his/her children's education in Europe but when TSA came to effect, free money dried up but Buhari was blamed for the inability to fund children in Europe! Awon ole jati -jati, ofan a je l'oju onile.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14pm On Feb 11, 2019

Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06pm On Feb 11, 2019
God will punish PDP perpetrating Corruption While In Power, Buhari Prays

http://saharareporters.com/2019/02/09/god-will-punish-pdp-perpetrating-corruption-while-power-buhari-prays?
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2019
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2019
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Feb 12, 2019
Well hear it from the TCN boss himself.

Giant Strides in Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) and the Nigeria Power Sector.

Usman Gur Mohammed

1. Buhari inherited a power sector on the verge of complete death.

2. No privatization was done like that in the history of the world. Callous people in previous government claimed it was the Indian model but we know India privatized only one state - State of Orissa and the experience in Orissa was used to privatize Delhi. In Nigeria they sold everything at once.

3. They privatized everything to themselves and put contingent liability of $5.4 billion on the nation.

4. Contracts were awarded to make people rich and not for it to be completed which explained why contract with life of 18 months are kept on for over 10 years, some abandoned eventually.

5. For Example Alaoji-Owerri-Onitsha 330kV line and substation's LC was funded and withdrawn 100% but no equipments and no line constructed, likewise Damaturu and Wudil substations were awarded in 2006 and 2007 and abandoned until it was completed recently by TCN engineers.

6. Previous government handed over TCN to MHI under a 4 year management contract for an official sum of $32 million. Yet in four years MHI could not audit, nor raise a single dollar investment in TCN and projects inherited especially from World Bank were mismanaged.

Despite these problem inherited, in three years PMB has achieved:

1. Kept faith with reform and expanded the generation, transmission and distribution capacity to 7,500MW, 8,100MW and 5,224MW from 4,000MW, 5,000MW and 3,500MW respectively.

2. Resolved issues on 3,050MW Mambila which defied solution for over 40 years.

3. Resolved the intra-Nigerian gas pipeline (AKK) which had lingered for over 30 years.

4. Brought peace to Niger Delta Region which reduces the rate of vandalism on gas pipelines from twice a month to about once in 6months.

5. Removed 708 out of 800 containers with power equipments kept in the ports for over 10 years.

6. Approved Mini Grid policy under which several markets and universities were energized using solar power.

7. Approved eligible customers policy which significantly assisted many manufacturers to have stable power at cheaper cost.

8. Concluded a 20year least cost transmission expansion plan which is the 1st time in Nigeria's history.

9. Established Transmission Rehabilitation and Expansion Strategy which attracted $1.623 billion (WB $486, $27, AFD $300, $170, AfDB $410 and $200 all in millions) which will expand Grid capacity to 20,000MW by 2021. For example the failed Alaoji -Ihiala-Onitsha 330kV abandoned after LC fully funded and withdrawn will be reconstructed into a 330kV Quad line (it is the first time a 330kV quad line will be constructed in Nigeria)

10. Carried out all statutory audit and and instilled transparency and accountability in the organization. Statutory audit of TCN is almost up-to date today. This is why donors are funding TCN.

11. Achieved frequency control never experienced in the history of power sector and and the best in WAPP. This will make it possible for West African power to be synchronized .

12. Competitively procured spinning reserve which is the first of its kind in the Nigerian power and established a plan to install functional SCADA both of which will assist in completely eliminating system collapses.

13. Established the Distribution Expansion Project with N72 billion to evacuate excess generation capacity.

14. Empowered TCN Engineers to install transformers and other equipment at less than 10% of the cost and time for which former government usually award contracts.

15. Established a strategy and financial resources that will close the 330kV power supply loop for LAGOS island.

16. Approved meter supply policy that will significantly reduce suffering of Nigerians from estimated billing.

17. Established Eastern backbone to provide 330kV high voltage power supply in the most deprived areas of Cross River, Taraba, Adamawa, Yobe, Borno, Bauchi and Jigawa States.It will enable connection to central Africa power pool.

Buhari at the next level:

1. Transform the distribution sub-sector which is the weakest link in NEM, reduce average length of 33/11kV by half.

2. Sustained investment and excellent project management in TCN that will achieved the target of 20,000MW in 2021 and ensure the Grid complied with N-1 redundancy across the country.

3. Complete the modernization of TCN making it not only the best in Africa but the smartest Grid

4. Complete Zungeru, AFAM, NNPC/Agip, host of the power plants and substantially implement Mambila hydro power project.

5. Complete the 2nd Western Gas pipeline, intra-Nigeria gas pipeline (AKK) and other gas pipelines to enable generation in Kano and other part of Nigeria which will further stabilized the Grid.

6. Transform Nigeria into a power generation and transmission hub like France and South Africa, thus creating significant employment and Foriegn exchange.
###
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11pm On Feb 12, 2019
orisa37:

He is obviously frustrated that the rule of law is not as straightforward as that.
Re: Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / EXPOSED; 45 Cultists Slangs And Their Meaning! Be At Alert In Grave Situation / A Confession From A Boko Haram Member Turned Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.