Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. (7690 Views)

Professional Web Designers Needed / web designers in Lagos / Best Web Designers In Nigeria: List Of Top 5 Web Developers In Every State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by nellyelitz(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
Pls I have some1 one that was scammed, am begging to share this on my Facebook wall
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by emmanude(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
Na wa ooo thief thief everywhere,even for line sef thief dey, u wake up for early mor mor,de go work, thief,u de come back home for night thief,u de hold up, thief,u even go receive holy communion for church before you reach your sit,ur phone don waka,for government thief,wia we nor go see thief sef for this country

1 Like

Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by Insightz(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2016
celestialAgent:

Say not so my dear FOR many are real, but bereft of capital to project a bureau. Their cognizance about web development will prolly astonish you should you endeavor to patronize the apt ones..

But where are they? The apt ones, they have not done a great job of separating themselves from the crooks
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by austynoh: 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
Nice post @OP...Most Nigerians earnestly don't appreciate our jobs,hence they want to pay less...

Checkout my Signature!
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by macho44(m): 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
Freakypinky:
I wish I had seen this earlier. I probably wouldn't have lost my money to that idi.ot I asked to make me a blog.
Freakypink sorry for your experience, if u still wanna go ahead with your intended project, feel free to hit me up.
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
Nice points op........Never pay any webmaster upfront.....what i do is after we have bargained, you have told me what you want and we have agreed on a price, i use my cash to set it up..and when i am done,you pay me then I pass it to you....if after 7 days of completion i no see alert...your site goes up for sale on flippa...no story!

but then again Nigerian clients can like to kill spirit sha...you go see person dey prize e-commerce store 30k-50k...haba!!
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by BrandR(f): 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
Insightz:
@BrandR

Thank you very much for this brilliant post. It follows that we need to keep on sensitizing ourselves. Are you a designer yourself?
Yes I was.
I now do consulting so I will not even absolve myself of these things.
I've met clients who ask for top notch websites and then offer 10k including domain registration and hosting.
What do you make of this kind of offer whereby they are ready to give it to other hungry and desperate web designers.
In such cases, I take the money and move on Notwithstanding.
Being a web designer doesn't make me a slave.
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by bennymark(m): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
[url]bennymark.com[/url] that is my blog, 12 hours to set up something like dat for u!!!

Transparent fees!

Free Genesis Framework and Theme valued at over $150 (shared license)

Freakypinky:
I wish I had seen this earlier. I probably wouldn't have lost my money to that idi.ot I asked to make me a blog.
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
BrandR:

Yes I was.
I now do consulting so I will not even absolve myself of these things.
I've met clients who ask for top notch websites and then offer 10k including domain registration and hosting.
What do you make of this kind of offer whereby they are ready to give it to other hungry and desperate web designers.
In such cases, I take the money and move on Notwithstanding.
Being a web designer doesn't make me a slave.
I'm also a web designer.. Infact, i write my own codes.. I don't just edit any CMS content.. I write the HTML, CSS, JS & PHP codes myself to give the site the very top notch look i want it to have.. But you see, here in Nigeria people don't appreciate the kind of extensive work it takes to build a site from scratch. Sometimes, it takes months.
This is why, most "not to patient" web developers just download any CMS theme, drag and drop or do their little editing on it within 24hours and host it on say.. a standard package..Which is not impressive or exciting at all..
My motto is: Pay me well and i will serve you well.. Shikenan
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by sunkieisland(m): 9:00pm On Mar 16, 2016
Freakypinky:

sorry abt d loss. You shouldn't pay any webmaster to do a blog for u. DIY. Youtube is your friend, Wordpress blog or blogger by google are so easy to use..... A newbie could learn in a day or two the rudiments of blogging.

If you're still at sea about blogging, google google sniper2.0' or ' blogging to d bank' these materials if you can get them for free are exceptional for starters
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by paulwhiz: 4:20am On Mar 17, 2016
Freakypinky:
A good web designer would design the website before payment.
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by tomholly: 5:33am On Mar 17, 2016
BrandR:
Like it or not, people get scammed by Webmasters all the time and we often see complaints threads popping up unending.

To avoid such situation, I will suggest every prospective clients follow these steps to forestall a situation where a Webmaster runs off with your money.

*Ask about him.

Prospective clients often times ask for a webmaster portfolio and after seeing them that's it. They get carried away by his impressive designs without making efforts to reach out to his past clients on how genuine and reliable he his. They then part with their money as down payment until they realise they've just been scammed.

*Visit his business location.

When you are about to contact a job to any webmaster of your choice, please endeavour deal with anyone close to you. This way, you will be able to visit his office or home for double assurances.

*Add them on Social Media.

Another way to forestall an ugly situation is by adding your webmaster on Social Media. Make sure you have at least two of his accounts and scrutinize his profile before dealing with him. This way, you can be rest assured your contract agreement with him will be fulfilled.
Most webmasters are avid social media users so they often times have at least a Twitter, Facebook or Instagram account.

*Make realistic demands.

Some clients often times make demands that are not realistic. The rule of the thumb here is to cut your coat according to your cloth. Many times I have seen people request sites like Konga and Jumia. When you ask how much they've budgeted for the project, they say something like 20k. Haba! Webmasters are not slaves hence they take your money and run.

Be wise.

* Pay them well.

This is still in line with the last point. When you contract a job to a webmaster and he gives you a quote, it is very normal to get a bargain but in as much as you want to make some savings it is also very nice to reward your webmaster for his creativity.

Written by Safe David.

An online, social media, brands and web technology consultant at GidiLink Enterprise.

www.twitter.com/gidilink

k
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by hectorswag(m): 12:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
BrandR:
Like it or not, people get scammed by Webmasters all the time and we often see complaints threads popping up unending.

To avoid such situation, I will suggest every prospective clients follow these steps to forestall a situation where a Webmaster runs off with your money.

*Ask about him.

Prospective clients often times ask for a webmaster portfolio and after seeing them that's it. They get carried away by his impressive designs without making efforts to reach out to his past clients on how genuine and reliable he his. They then part with their money as down payment until they realise they've just been scammed.

When you are about to contact a job to any webmaster of your choice, please endeavour deal with anyone close to you. This way, you will be able to visit his office or home for double assurances.

Another way to forestall an ugly situation is by adding your webmaster on Social Media. Make sure you have at least two of his accounts and scrutinize his profile before dealing with him. This way, you can be rest assured your contract agreement with him will be fulfilled.
Most webmasters are avid social media users so they often times have at least a Twitter, Facebook or Instagram account.

*Make realistic demands.

Some clients often times make demands that are not realistic. The rule of the thumb here is to cut your coat according to your cloth. Many times I have seen people request sites like Konga and Jumia. When you ask how much they've budgeted for the project, they say something like 20k. Haba! Webmasters are not slaves hence they take your money and run.

Be wise.

* Pay them well.

This is still in line with the last point. When you contract a job to a webmaster and he gives you a quote, it is very normal to get a bargain but in as much as you want to make some savings it is also very nice to reward your webmaster for his creativity.

Written by Safe David.

An online, social media, brands and web technology consultant at GidiLink Enterprise.

www.twitter.com/gidilink

Thanks for the info David, it's really informative.
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by SafeDavid(m): 5:49am On Jan 19, 2017
hectorswag:

Thanks for the info David, it's really informative.
You're welcome bro.

1 Like

Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by famola1040(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2018
Thanks for this valuable info, David. It won't only help the Prospective Customers but also drives more Customers to Credible and Genuine Website Design Service Companies in Nigeria.

For a Genuine and Reliable Website Design Services and Internet Marketing contact Zerotozenith Media

We are located at Villa Estate, House 32b, Road 2, Ikota, Ikota, Lekki, Nigeria.

BrandR:

To avoid such a situation, I will suggest every prospective clients follow these steps to forestall a situation where a Webmaster runs off with your money.

*Ask about him.

*Make realistic demands.

Be wise.

* Pay them well.

This is still in line with the last point. When you contract a job to a webmaster and he gives you a quote, it is very normal to get a bargain but in as much as you want to make some savings, it is also very nice to reward your webmaster for his creativity.

Written by Safe David.

www.twitter.com/gidilink

Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by Jacktheripper: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2018
Clout is a Nairaland wannabe web designer scammer. Thanks for your time.
Re: Steps To Avoid Fraudulent Web Designers. by famola1040(m): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
At Zerotozenith Media, our key objective is to provide success platform for small and medium-sized enterprises. You can count on us for your Affordable Website Design Service, Nigeria Best Digital/Internet Marketing Strategies, Search Engine Optimization to increase your return on investment. We are very passionate about being Nigeria Best Business Automation Company in the Country to ensure that your business is set on auto-pilot so that you can free up time for other life-enriching ventures.

Get your Cheap Custom Website Design Services for as Low as 25k. We will give you a Creative Design with Responsive Structure for Satisfactory User Experience with the aim to Generate Traffic, Drive Sales and Generate Leads for your Small Business and Large Business.

We are located at Villa Estate, House 32b, Road 2, Ikota, Ikota, Lekki, Nigeria.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Web4africa.net Is A Fraud And They Are Already Scamming Me. / Unilag.edu.ng And Xvideos.com Made The List Of 100 Most Visited Sites In Nigeria / Please I mistakenly click on my ads. What will happen to my account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.