Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics (37756 Views)

Buhari Asked El-Rufai To Write Leaked Memo At Daura Meeting - Omojuwa, Authority / El-Rufai To Demolish 40 Churches, 3500 Houses, 16 Schools / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by gesundheit: 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
jayhumble:

You are apparently misinformed... Haven't you heard of a Christian group called 'The Lord's Resistance Army'? It's a terrorist group headed by John Kony or something who claims the Holy Ghost instructed him to wage war against other religions... He is now a deadly terrorist wanted by the US... Google it and stop shouting here...

A terrorist is a terrorist regardless of the religion. Have you heard Muslims tagging John Kony as a Christian terrorist? No because they are wise enough to understand that it's not about the religion but about the person....

Christians are worst than terrorist. Vipers and beasts hiding behind a bible...

You can add Anders brevik to your list, the Norwegian Beach killer. Killing for our Lord Jesus Christ and the KKK white supremacists organization.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by ogene007: 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
crownwealth:
CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/vanguardngr/videos

Apostle Suleman Curses El-Rufai – "Revoke Preaching Regulation or Die" [See Video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmQMsJNkWmA

Beginning of the end for El rufai. God will make an example of this satanist so that other upcoming satanist will know that the Almighty God is the ultimate decider in the affairs of mankind. Jesus Christ remains Lord over all the affairs of mankind and antichrists like el rufai and co are just playing with fire.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
Silkmoth33:
It's about time!

From restrictions to total abolishment!

This money making taxfree venture is one step closer into being run in d ground. kiss grin angry

Nasir carry go
Can't totally fault him , this church people are now business men.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
AbuMaryam1:
How I wish this will be implemented nation wide.

Nigeria is not an islamic state. grin
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by victorazy(m): 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
TGreat7:
This na real endtime indeed even in Naija for that matter not like the western world. The word of God is been fulfilled. [b]This na real endtime indeed even in Naija for that matter not like the western world. The word of God is been fulfilled. [/b]This na real endtime indeed even in Naija for that matter not like the western world. The word of God is been fulfilled.

U aint seen nothing.
Go and read the book of Revelation you will understand what is going on.

In the next 25-30yrs hehehehehe u go see.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
acenazt:
where do you classify JW?

And why must the protestants make noice. Must u act like a mad man to serve God?

Gbam. i agree with u 100 percent. Jehovah's witnesses are the only christains with a sane form of worship. Their preaching and teachings is restricted to their Kingdom halls without external speakers, They go from door to door to preach the gospel to interested persons not by shouting on Speakers doing street evangelism. They dont engage in crusades and night vigils that disturbs neigbourhood. JW can be classified as sane christains while others are noise makers abusing the rights of other nigerians. How can a mad man start a church programme shouting holy ghost fire on Loudspeakers by 9pm when everyone is in bed already? If you go to such church to complain, they will tag you a witch or wizard been affected by their prayers ignoring the fact of noise pollution. I support Elrufai on this and i hope this is applied nationwide.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by uruego(f): 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
lapazi:
The real reason behind this law was as a result of the shite/zakzaki incident in zaria....

with such laws in place groups that spring up everyday and pose a genuine trait to the society will be put to check immediately......

I don't knw why christians are taking this personal, is it because most churches nowadays have been turned into money making ventures and they feel that with this law inplace their businesses will be affected? (Don't quote me-just thinking out loud)

Can you imagine a group in kd called the "yan kala-Kato" they claim they are Muslims but don't believe in the Prophet. There by going about spreading falsehoodfalsehood.

El Rufai continue with this good initiative....God will see you through.

As for the wailing pple if u have to preach simply get your licence.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by endibe(m): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good law. If mohammed the rapist is checkmated on time the world would have been a better place

1 Like

Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by 4nobody4every1: 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
cool
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by mhaki(m): 1:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
He threatened a sitting governor with death, should our security agencies be concerned?

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by neocortex: 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
lapazi:
The real reason behind this law was as a result of the shite/zakzaki incident in zaria....

with such laws in place groups that spring up everyday and pose a genuine trait to the society will be put to check immediately......

I don't knw why christians are taking this personal, is it because most churches nowadays have been turned into money making ventures and they feel that with this law inplace their businesses will be affected? (Don't quote me-just thinking out loud)

Can you imagine a group in kd called the "yan kala-Kato" they claim they are Muslims but don't believe in the Prophet. There by going about spreading falsehoodfalsehood.

El Rufai continue with this good initiative....God will see you through.

As for the wailing pple if u have to preach simply get your licence.

Who are you to decide what falsehood is ?
I will have totally support this bill if its aim is to
check anti-societal and criminal elements not determining whether
one group preaches "the truth" or not.

There is no such thing as "Truth" or "Falsehood" when it comes to
religion.

Religious "truth" is always relative.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by acenazt: 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
irunooboo:

Gbam. i agree with u 100 percent. Jehovah's witnesses are the only christains with a sane form of worship. Their preaching and teachings is restricted to their Kingdom halls without external speakers, They go from door to door to preach the gospel to interested persons not by shouting on Speakers doing street evangelism. They dont engage in crusades and night vigils that disturbs neigbourhood. JW can be classified as sane christains while others are noise makers abusing the rights of other nigerians. How can a mad man start a church programme shouting holy ghost fire on Loudspeakers by 9pm when everyone is in bed already? If you go to such church to complain, they will tag you a witch or wizard been affected by their prayers ignoring the fact of noise pollution. I support Elrufai on this and i hope this is applied nationwide.
my sister the tin taya me. Wetin u no go hear wen u pass mountain of fire? Massacre the devil,devil jam wall and die,devil dis devil dat.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by bola4dprec(m): 1:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
El Rufai is kicking against lethal spikes. From generation to generation men who fight the church always meet a humiliating disastrous end.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by lapazi(m): 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
Onyocha:

[b]Good you are confessing.

So after all, this so called law is aimed at curbing freedom of religion and targeted at the Shia.

You are so hypocritical that your post aims at calming the fears of Christians that the law is not targeted at them but at your own fellow Muslims who differ with you on certain doctrines. If you can do this to your fellow Muslims, what guaranty is there that tomorrow you won't pass a law aimed at Ahmadiyyah, then at Sufis (both of whom are Sunni movement that the mainstream Sunnis dislike) and then at Christians? You don't violate the constitution and freedom of worship and then come here to tell one group that it is only the rights of another group that is being taken away. You cannot fight a Sunni sectarian war in a supposedly secular country and hope that people not within your target in the short run will be at peace and have no fears.

Now you confessed that it is aimed at the Shia. When Shia preachers want license to preach, obviously they won't be given and if they preach anyways, you will arrest them and accuse them of going against an unconstitutional law. The same way you will not give them permit to hold their religious procession and then you will accuse them of not having police permit when they take to the road and you hunt them down like birds under the excuse that they are blocking the road in the face of a dignitary, and then go on to interprete that as an "assassination attempt" to kill their image.

Why are Sunnis troublesome and always have a sense of insecurity about their faith to put in place draconian measures to prevent others from preaching? Why not simply do your own preaching and let others do theirs? Nigeria is not a Wahhabi Sunni republic like the Wahhabi Saudi kingdom.[/b]

What part of "don't quote me" don't you understand. You're so pained on a very trivial issue undecided

Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by tonio2wo: 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
U
edoyad:

Simple

Yes he is. I have always been a critic of El Rufai but on this one I support him. I can't count how many riots have broken out in Kd because one charlatan imam or rubbish pastor went beyond the limits. Keep it up
Have u lived in kd before?
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by bola4dprec(m): 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2016
endibe:
Good law. If mohammed the rapist is checkmated on time the world would have been a better place
dont go contrary to the law otherwise be expecting e-war
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Only muslims and Catholics support this evil bill because they know it is meant for protestants
If you dont like the law you can ship out of the state. you don't even live there, yapping like your opinion even counts. That law must be passed and all transgressors punished accordingly
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by bid4rich(m): 1:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
hmmmmm! I pray this man last o.
he will be used as prayer points
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by pheesayor(m): 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
Religious Regulation Bill being proposed by @elrufai in Kaduna will actually protect Citizens from Islamic extremist preachers. For some usually lazy Nigerian media it is profitable to label Kaduna Religious Regulation Bill as a bill against Christians. BIG LIE! Contrary to the lies IMO the Kaduna Religious Regulation Bill should be adopted by all NORTHERN STATES and Nigeria to curb extremism

Reading the proposal any sensible person would know the Religious Regulation Bill is targeted against extremist Islamic preachers Over the years Nigeria allowed all manner of preachers to distribute hate CD's & materials in North, ideology of hate gains momentum. The bill affects both Jama’atu Nasril Islam, JNI, the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN & all other allied religious groups. Religious Regulation Bill does not BAN Islamic & Christian preachers it makes it mandatory you REGISTER with a body overseeing activities

If U truly preaching the teachings of Jesus or Mohammed *SAW what will it take you to register your activities? As a country we have allowed radical Islamist & some Christians who pass death sentence on young Children as Witches to roam our land. In England, Italy & Co you can not just set up your Church or Mosque without authorities being informed.

More countries affected by terror are updating Religious Regulation Bill & clamping down on radical hate preachers of all sides. CAN and JAN should work with @elrufai & get lawyers to look at Religious Regulation Bill & make sure it doesn't impede on freedom of worship
To twist a Religious Regulation Bill that is targeted at all who just set up shop & preach hate to being a war against Christians is wrong
Religious Regulation Bill requires Churches & Mosque to keep a record of Preachers, especially Foreign preachers, WHAT IS WRONG IN THAT?
It bans use of religious CDs, flash drive & other communication gadgets except in churches, mosques or other places of worship.

Anyone familiar with the activities of terrorists group Boko Haram will know they pass messages of hate via CD, Flash drives etc
You may dislike Religious Regulation Bill or you may dislike @elrufai but at least save innocent ones, don't stoke religious intolerance
Finally ask Mathew Ashimolowo and Bishop Oyedepo they will tell you how the law put them in check here in the UK. They have to comply

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by neocortex: 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
olapluto:
This thread is making me very worried about the future of Nigeria. The so called Christians of Nigeria are hypocrites and devilish. Most of them will deny Jesus Christ if he comes to Nigeria today.
What is wrong in licencing a message? I guess the pastors feel threatened that their means of livelihood is going to be watched over. This bill is highly necessary, especially in Northern Nigeria. The gullibility over religion is already making people destroy their lives and properties.
Boko Haram and many sects in the North thrive because of the freedom to preach hate and get away with it.

Rev. King is another example. IF the government had checkmated his preachings, they might have saved the lives of those burnt to death by the evil pastor.
Already on NL frontpage now, there's another pastor committing another evil act. Should the government leave the gullible citizens at the mercy of evil and deceitful clergies?

Lastly, shame on the pastor decreeing death on El Rufai. A mere mortal who cannot create an ant is decreeing death on human. If God decides that the pastor wont live past the next 24 hrs, who can query God? We are talking about laws that will make communal living better, the pastor is wishing death. So much for behaving like Jesus.

While the intention behind this bill may be good, the implementation is problematic,
you can't just decide to deny someone a preaching license based on discretion.
This will surely promote discrimination and abuse, if the committee don't like
the message of a particular ,even if harmless, they have the power to bar
such group on their own discretion.

We all know what results from such system.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 14, 2016
acenazt:
my sister the tin taya me. Wetin u no go hear wen u pass mountain of fire? Massacre the devil,devil jam wall and die,devil dis devil dat.
Religion is one of the factors hindering our intellectual developments. A society that is programmed to call on God for everything will never think nor invent. Too many churches and mosques preaches messages that captivates the mind of the average Nigerian which leads to intellectual slavery. Until we have more quality and properly funded schools than religious centers, we will remain leeches to worlds progress

The above ^^^^^ is my earlier comment on a thread on Enterprenuership and our inability to develop and invent anything. When you have a group of people been brainwashed weekly by unscrupulous elements who calls themselves pastors, the result is an open fight against a govt policy aimed at restoring sanity in the society. Their interpretation of El-rufai's bill is that he is trying to silence xtainity while the same hypocrites complaining will give their last blood to get a Visa to a western country where such madness in the name.of worship is forbidden. Religion is really a curse on Africa's development. Even the literates and proffessors turns to fools when standing infront of their God of men.

I hope buhari can sponsor such bill against this madness nationwide. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by Abagworo(m): 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good move by El-Rufai.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2016
Silkmoth33:
It's about time!

This money making taxfree venture is one step closer into being run in d ground. kiss grin angry

Nasir carry go

Let us abolish all and go back to our roots, Chukwu Okike Abiama is the only God, I don't know the name in your own language.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by Freelancer2015(m): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
This is a clear case of satanic manipulation. The devil infiltrates the church by means of corrupt and devilish pastors, and same devil brings out a solution to stop these wrong pastors. This satanic solution isn't just here to put an end to these pastors and their wrong doings, but to hinder Christianity as a whole. That's the bigger picture.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by Strech(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
AbuMaryam1:
How I wish this will be implemented nation wide.
u are a cursed child.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by DrDxtrz: 1:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
irunooboo:

Because he/she is a lunatic, isn't it obvious?
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by miky(m): 1:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
Beautiful!! There is no religion, just ancient story that people made up to go kill themselves..

No religion no violence in Africa!!!
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by Strech(m): 1:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
Rxpetite:
i'm a Christian and I think this is a welcome development. Enough of all these mushroom churches and pastors springing up every minute and giving Christianity a bad name.
These days when I see the word 'pastor' on fp, my heart skips cos I know what's coming next. I don't know whether pastors are becoming rapists or rapists are becoming pastors.
.are u for real?didnt u read where hm wan stop playin christain music inside my hard earned moto.u and him are cursed.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by eposho: 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
greatbrian:
And God z silent about dz man making things hard for his people........God of Elijah.......show urself
WHERE do u want me ? where
isn't it funny GODS WORD ALWAYS SPOKEN BY HUMAN
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by desire222(f): 1:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
RevDesm0ndJuju:

You are not a Christian
Definitely, he is not. His monika said it all.
Re: El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics by himclfgud(m): 1:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
Your Fada well well!!!! If you dnt tkia dat curse self go jam u well well!! sad

Silkmoth33:
It's about time!

Nasir carry go

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos / Buhari A Terrorist Who Committed Treasonable Felony In 1983 - Kanu, Co-Defendant / Court Of Appeal Declared Usani Usani As Cross River APC Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.