Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,522 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

This Man Delayed His NYSC For 4 Years (and He Is Now A MILLIONAIRE) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Man Delayed His NYSC For 4 Years (and He Is Now A MILLIONAIRE) (612 Views)

Man Becomes A Millionaire With Skye Bank / Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal F.C. In 4 Years Time / "Binary Option Trading (become A Millionaire In A Year)" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Man Delayed His NYSC For 4 Years (and He Is Now A MILLIONAIRE) by Smart101: 3:39pm On Mar 14, 2016
What have you done in order to achieve your dreams?

I cam across this story today of a Nigerian who delayed his NYSC service year to make sure he fulfils his dream. I did a little research and discovered that he is even known on this forum as @lojik. https://www.nairaland.com/lojik. He is the co-founder of VoguePay a leading online payment gateway in Nigeria

READ THE FULL INTERVIEW HERE: https://techpoint.ng/2016/03/14/voguepay-founder-leke-ojikutu-interview/

Some appetizer below:

How did a Chemical Engineering graduate end up as a Software Developer?

Leke: [/b]That is all thanks to the “Nigerian factor”. The average Nigerian university student has no idea what their course of study is all about, mostly because it wasn’t their first choice. I actually wanted to study Computer Engineering but two of my sisters were already studying that. My parents didn’t want 3 out of their 6 children all studying the same course, so I had to opt for Chemical Engineering (at the Lagos State University). My mind was never in it though. I struggled and managed to finish with a Second Class Upper.

[b]After I finished school in 2002, I decided I wasn’t going for my Youth Service (NYSC)
because if I did, my parents would force me to pursue Chemical Engineering on completion. That would actually derail my passion for tech entrepreneurship. As I couldn’t afford to pay for the training I needed, I knew I had to take the self-taught path. So I told my parents I didn’t make the NYSC list, although I actually did. I kept up that lie for 4 years. That was enough time to learn everything I needed.

READ THE FULL INTERVIEW HERE: https://techpoint.ng/2016/03/14/voguepay-founder-leke-ojikutu-interview/

Re: This Man Delayed His NYSC For 4 Years (and He Is Now A MILLIONAIRE) by Chibenze(m): 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2016
wow. inspiring thanks for sharing this post
Re: This Man Delayed His NYSC For 4 Years (and He Is Now A MILLIONAIRE) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good for him

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Shrinks, As Foreign Investors Withdrew N31.84bn From Stock Market - NSE / How to GET PAID BY COMPANIES AND MARKETPLACES WORLDWIDE In Nigeria / Dignity In Labour-meet Halima, A Female Dangote Truck Driver From Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.