Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? (30435 Views)

Why Am I Attracted To Bad Boys? / 8 Reasons Girls Like Bad Boys / Why Do Good Girls Always Fall In Love With Bad Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by rihanna(f): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2005
when i say bad i don't mean like bad, bad, bad.

Today in class this was like a heated argument in my class and I came to realise that what my teacher said is true. Girls do not want their guys to be the boy in suit or a plain white shirt. They want to see you in baggy pants and braided hair.

Well I know not all girls are like this but I love me a bad boy!. Sometimes gentlemen can be so nerve wrecking. They always the kind of perfect people and you (the girl) always looks bad.

Well people I want to know why this is happening?
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by lullaby(f): 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2005
I will speak for myself...I like an exciting guy. Baggy clothes and braids are a big turn off to me. I like guys that are adventurous and exciting. Sometimes,bad guys fit this profile and sometimes good guys fit this profile. Either way, I prefer the good guys because they are more likely to be trustworthy.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by WesleyanA(f): 1:22am On Nov 12, 2005
i agree with Lullaby.

baggy pants don't really make someone a bad guy (that's just an "a la mode" type of clothing) braids i hate. i don't like guys in braids. it's a preference issue and i prefer dreads kiss

at rihanna, what's your definition for the "bad guy" you're talking about?
do you mean guys that smoke weed or guys that cheat or what do you mean by bad guy. dressing and appearance alone doesn't define if you're bad or good. it's just a stereotype that guys in baggy pants are bad.

i personally can't' stand bad guys (my definition of it maybe different from yours). and my definition include GUYS THAT TRY HARD TO BE BAD BECAUSE THEY THINK GIRLS LIKE IT!.. .
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Trooper(m): 5:27am On Nov 12, 2005
@Wesley, so what's your definition of a bad guy ? I mean a really bad guy.....
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Seun(m): 11:41am On Nov 12, 2005
Girls always go for bad boys simply because they themselves are bad girls! That's all there is to it. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2005
well,personally speakin' if i would like 2 go 4 a bad boy it would be because bad boys are fun 2 be wit n they know whassup n know how 2 make a gal happy n also no one can Bleep around wit u cuz they know u've got dis really tough guy 2 defend u it feels so gud 2 have a bad guy 4 a boyfriend just pure heaven but watch out 4 da heartbreaks
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by african(f): 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2005
personaly i dont agree wit seun
u dont have to be a bad girl for u to like/want a bad boy

i think thinks bad boys are good but the come with consequences such as u wouldnt be able to trust them as much,but then the good guys are just to good
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by WesleyanA(f): 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2005
can someone tell me the definition of a bad guy? angry because i don't get you guys!

"bad guys know how to make a girl happy" --- isn't that what a good guy is?

what's a badguy!?
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by african(f): 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2005
a bad boy is someone who acts tough,and heres there when ur trouble so people know not 2 mess with u
also bad boys are boys by the way the act and talk and dress
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by WesleyanA(f): 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2005
african:

a bad boy is someone who acts tough,and heres there when your trouble so people know not 2 mess with u
also bad boys are boys by the way the act and talk and dress

oh now i get you.
i guess my type is the "good bad guy" (not "bad good guy"wink that don't smoke, have braids or get in trouble a lot.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by african(f): 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2005
ok
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by WesleyanA(f): 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2005
good
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by rihanna(f): 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2005
when i said "bad guys" i didn't mean like smoke weed, and all the bad stuff. i meant like actin' tough and other stuff. like nobody wants a "sisi" for a boyfriend. although these "sisies" may treat u well i dun like it when a guy is too gud! or too nice. like he's never had a ticket, always polite neva argues wit' u, agrees wit' everythin' u say. goes where u want him to go, does wat u want him to do, all these really make me sick. i dun care how much love it is.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by goodguy(m): 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2005
why y'all arguing about me??!!! angry angry cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by WesleyanA(f): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2005
rihanna:

when i said "bad guys" i didn't mean like smoke weed, and all the bad stuff. i meant like actin' tough and other stuff. like nobody wants a "sisi" for a boyfriend. although these "sisies" may treat u well i dun like it when a guy is too good! or too nice. like he's never had a ticket, always polite never argues wit' u, agrees wit' everythin' u say. goes where u want him to go, does what u want him to do, all these really make me sick. i dun care how much love it is.

are you saying "sisies" and "dummies" are good guys
while "caring" and "strong guys" are bad guys?

i think you mixed it up.

what category do the weed smoking guys fall into "good" or "bad" guys?
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Seun(m): 2:39am On Nov 14, 2005
If a girl likes a "bad" boy knowing that he's bad, then she's a bad girl too because birds of like feathers flock together!
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by goodguy(m): 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2005
True.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by alheri(f): 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2005
hmm,SEEEUUUUUN!
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by IAH(f): 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2005
I think we have different definitions of a bad boy because what Rihanna is describing here to me is a strong but not bad boy. And the good boy she is describing is not good boy but mumu boy.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Seun(m): 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2005
IAH: the good boy she is describing is not good boy but mumu boy

This is not true. She described god boys as "the boy in suit or a plain white shirt", "gentlemen", "perfect people". Are you saying that only a 'mumu' (dullard) will bother to wear modest clothes, be a gentleman and live a 'perfect' (that is, responsible) life?
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by IAH(f): 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2005
She described good boys as...

rihanna:

too good! or too nice. like he's never had a ticket, always polite never argues wit' u, agrees wit' everythin' u say. goes where u want him to go, does what u want him to do, all these really make me sick. i dun care how much love it is.

now that's who I call mumu.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Seun(m): 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2005
An socially inexperienced boy (who doesn't know how easy it is to get into a girl's pants) will gain experience with time, but a bad boy (a player who knows what to do to excite a lady and get into her pants) will never become a good boy no matter how much you love him.

If one boy's social inexperience irritates you more than another boy's arrogance and manipulativeness, then you deserve what's coming to you. That is, heartbreak. wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by IAH(f): 1:46pm On Nov 14, 2005
What are you talking about? Let me quote Rihanna again...

rihanna:

always polite never argues wit' u, agrees wit' everythin' u say. goes where u want him to go, does what u want him to do.

so this is what you call social inexperience? No. I call it submissiveness. Infact the attitude described above is that of a bad boy - he does everything a girl wants him to do just to get in her pants. A good gentleman can't possibly do everything I ask him to do or agree with everything I say because I could be wrong sometimes. If he is a good boy, he would correct me in love, but a bad boy would just lead me on and say "Yeah baby, your wish is my command!" tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by fabian(f): 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2005
I see a 'bad boy' as a player.......
One who'll take another girls number as soon as you turn your back.
One who'll have another girl in his place and leave you knocking at the door till you leave
one who'll whisper all the sweet nothings all girls want to hear into your ears only to have you hear him say it to someone else, and tell you "I was just playin' when he's confronted.
One who will do all sorts of naughty stuff to you in front of his friends, just because.
one who we know will only end up causing us sleepless nights!

We girls love em cos they say & do all the right things, take us to all the right places, know all the right people.
They are so fake!
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by tamia(f): 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2005
i think y'all r trippin'. being a bad guy does not mean u smoke weed n do crack. good guys are like too perfect.  bad guys r not always playas. good guys r those guys that r like  PERFECT standin' next to dem makes u feel guilty. i know it may be nice to always hear your boyfriend's name being called out for one  good thing or another but it would sometimes bother u. i had this boyfriend once n he was always like the submissive guy, his younger sister will like talk back at him n he'll be like "it's ok she's a kid" (he was only a year older than her) she'll send him to the store to get stuff for her!he'll do stuff for her as if she was his bigger sista  hell no! that was just too much for me. some good boys let everyone  treat dem like crab just b/c they feel it's correct to be polite. well i think this is wat Rihanna is tryna say. gurl if i'm right holla!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by goodguy(m): 10:05am On Nov 15, 2005
My definition for goodguys - ME!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by rihanna(f): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2005
@ tamia i have this feelin' we were separated at birth (just kiddin") lol
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Seun(m): 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2005
First rihana she says a good boy is one who is respectfully dressed and nice, then later she implies that he is submissive. She is simply confused about what makes a boy good or bad. It is normal for a girl to be confused.

However, regardless of your definition of what makes a boy "bad", if you fall for him knowing what he is then you are "bad" yourself. Regardless of how you see a "good" boy, if you consistently prefer to go out sith such a boy then you are a good girl, too.

I am yet to come accross a submissive boy, so I think that if that is your definition of good boy, then they exist only in your dreams. All the boys I know are out for sex and they will do whatever it takes to get sex including [i]pretending to be nice by accepting everything you say[/b]. That's what I refer to as social inexperience because if you understand girls, you will know that they do not recognize the difference between being nice and being weak, or being great and being arrogant!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by rihanna(f): 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2005
Seun,Seun,Seun u crack me up. goin' through this thread the first time i saw what u said but i decided to let it slide. boy what on earth do u mean by social inexperience? is this some kind of big term or what? well if u go over da thread again u'll c that i clearly corrected myself when i said good boys r like the perfect kind sometimes boys have to be a lil' bit adventurous well u've been talkin' but i dun c where u place yourself. r u a good or a bad boy? i want to know. how would u want to come across a submissive boy when you're not a girl n u aint gay. so boo there aint no submissive boys in ma dreams they r right herre on earth. aiight holla back at your girl REE-HANNA
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2005
good guys turn me off. and i mean goodguy the one who does everything mum and dad say, is fanatic of the bible (this is the worst) and it's always trying to transform you in a decent girl like him! and adjective for this type of guy: Ugh!
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by rihanna(f): 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2005
michelin89:

good guys turn me off. and i mean goodguy the one who does everything mum and dad say, is fanatic of the bible (this is the worst) and it's always trying to transform you in a decent girl like him! and adjective for this type of guy: Ugh!
@MICHELIN GURL DIS IS WAT I AM TALKIN' ABOUT.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2005
you always have sumone who understands you.... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

6 Visible Signs She Is Into You / "My Future Husband" - UNIZIK Student Issues Stiff-Neck Rules / Struggles Of Dating A Short Man - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.