Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,189 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Top 11 Most Successful Harrison Ford Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top 11 Most Successful Harrison Ford Movies (859 Views)

#bbnaija: Top 11 Moments Of Big Brother Naija 'double Wahala' Season / 11 Most Scary Movies Of All-time / 11 Most Expensive TV Shows Ever Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 11 Most Successful Harrison Ford Movies by YeyePikin01: 12:16am On Mar 15, 2016
Harrison Ford is no doubt one of the biggest Hollywood actors and a legendary figure with over 45 years of box office hits under his belt, not something many can brag about in Hollywood.

We’ve already established that Harrison Ford has been doing this for a while now, so really there’s only one way to look at top 11 Harrison Ford movies. So without further delay here are the 11 highest grossing movies of Harrison Ford’s career worldwide and in the US.

11. Clear and Present Danger (1994) – $242.6 million ($122.2M)
There’s a lot of action Ford in this first half of the top 11, starting with this one, directed by Phillip Noyce (Salt). Based on Tom Clancy’s novel of the same name, Clear and Present Danger is the sequel to Patriot Games (1992) and the 2nd time Harrison Ford plays CIA analyst Jack Ryan. It was the 7th top grossing film of 1994 in the US

10. Air Force One (1997) – $312.7 million ($173M)
Wolfgang Petersen (The Perfect Storm) directed this fun action flick. In Air Force One Harrison Ford plays the president of the United States and in order to take back the presidential plane and save his family, he will have to go into full Die Hard mode on Gary Oldman, who’s the villain. In a 1997 full of hits, Air Force One finished 5th domestically.

9. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) – $366.6 million ($317.1M)
For whatever reason I don’t hate this movie the way most of the internet seems to these days. Maybe it’s because I really wanted this film for a very long time and when I finally got it, well, I was willing to look the other way on a lot of things. So there it is, I said it, I don’t think Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the worst movie ever, not even close.

8. The Fugitive (1993) – $368.5 million ($183.9M)
Based on a hit TV series from the 60’s, The Fugitive is one of the best action movies of the 90’s, nominated for 7 Oscars, including Best Picture. In the end only Tommy Lee Jones went home with a statue. In the US The Fugitive finished 1993 in 3rd, behind Jurassic Park ($357.1 million) and Mrs. Doubtfire ($219.2 million).

7. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) – $410.2 million ($197.2M)
In my book this is up there with Raiders of the Lost Ark, and I’m sure I’m not alone. I probably saw Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade at least a dozen times, if not more, yet I’d likely stop whatever I was doing and watch it again if I found it on TV. Just talking about it right now makes me want to see Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade again. It was the 2nd highest grossing movie of 1989 in the US, behind Batman ($215.2 million).

6. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) – $444.3 million ($179.9M)[\b]
Was not a fan of this one, not on the level of Raiders and Crusade, which is why I usually skipped it when I did my Indiana Jones marathons (I know, I know, not really a marathon if you skip Temple). In time I began to appreciate its campiness, not to mention Spielberg’s willingness to try something new and not just repeat the first film, the way sequels usually worked back then. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom finished 1984 in 3rd.

[b] 5. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) – $734.8 million ($248.2M)

Growing up this was definitely my favorite movie. I was Indiana Jones this, Indiana Jones that, and frankly, if Disney came out tomorrow and started talking about a new Indiana Jones staring Chris Pratt (or whomever they chose), I’d be in heaven. In case it wasn’t clear already, I’m definitely a Star Wars fan, but I absolutely love Indiana Jones and for me Harrison Ford is first and foremost Henry Walton Jones Jr., Indiana Jones. Raiders of the Lost Ark was the highest grossing film of 1981.

4. Return of the Jedi (1983) – $780.7 million ($309.3M)
At one point called Revenge of the Jedi (eventually changed because revenge is not the way of a Jedi), Return of the Jedi closes the original Star Wars trilogy.

3. The Empire Strikes Back (1980) – $814.9 million ($290.5M)
When talking about a sequel that’s superior to its predecessor, many would simply call that entry The Empire Strikes Back of its series. The fact that 35 years later this still holds up is a testament to its quality. While it wasn’t as popular as Star Wars (earning about 50% less), The Empire Strikes Back still made more than enough to finish 1980 in a distant 1st.

2. Star Wars (1977) – $1,478.4 million ($461M)
The film that redefined sci-fi for many generations, a space adventure unlike anything the world had seen before at that time. It might not hold up the same way The Empire Strikes Back does, but even so, it’s still a fun ride even for those that are just now getting into Star Wars. Case in point, Star Wars was re-released in 1997, 20 years later, and earned $138.3 million (the 8th biggest film of 1997 domestically). For 5 years, up until 1982, Star Wars was the highest grossing film of all time (got the title back for another year in 1997, ultimately losing to Titanic for good).

1. The Force Awakens (2016) – $2 Billion ($799.1M)
The Force Awakens is currently the third highest grossing movie in the whole world following Avatar and Titanic. Star Wars- Episode VIII is already in the works, and surpassing this mark might be difficult.

One Harrison Ford film that didn’t quite make the top 11 but definitely deserve to be mentioned here is another classic of the sci-fi genre, Blade Runner ($87.2 million adjusted for inflation, $32.9 million unadjusted, 22nd overall).

Source: http://www.yeyepikin.com/2016/03/top-11-most-successful-harrison-ford-movies/

Don't Forget to Visit www.yeyepikin.com for your latest movie news, reviews, gists etc...

1 Like

Re: Top 11 Most Successful Harrison Ford Movies by KingRex1(m): 1:00am On Mar 15, 2016
Airforce1 nd indiana jones.. Very cool movies!

Not so into sci-fi so never really enjoyed starwars. Btw The Force Awakens is overhyped!
Re: Top 11 Most Successful Harrison Ford Movies by YeyePikin01: 1:18am On Mar 16, 2016
I really enjoyed Air Force One then smiley

(1) (Reply)

This Guy Looks EXACTLY Like Michael Jackson (PHOTOS) / Good Relationship And Gods Divine Mercy / Angry South Africans Lash Out After DSTV Suspended Caitlyn Jenner's Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.