Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari (30605 Views)

My Govt Not Marginalising South-east, Buhari Tells Igbo Leaders / Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) / NNDC: Oil, Gas Exploration To Commence In The North-east By 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by brainpulse: 8:46am On Mar 15, 2016
2sexycom:
Buhari will definitely lose 2019 election, before it even begins.

Where there is no light, no fuel, job losses, Fulani killings, dollar is 305 to naira, he travels too often, investors fleeing the country, businesses are shutting down... refineries are in comatose.

This is the best Buhari can come up with.

I regret ever supporting this man honestly.
shove ur regrets into ur mouth

4 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Critiqual(m): 8:47am On Mar 15, 2016
*yawns* not interested in how... Just get it done. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by imohchard(m): 8:47am On Mar 15, 2016
When the rest of the world are embracing renewable energy our president is trying to find oil in his backyard...

Why are we so wayward?

9 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:47am On Mar 15, 2016
Progressive01:
I'd prefer we started looking beyond oil. Why can't we try to develop the solid minerals sector?? Oil has proven to be one hell of an unreliable forex earner.

Come on Baba.
Are You Wailing?

2 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Leke001: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2016
Minister of Petroleum(for the north east)@work...hmmn,I laugh

3 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:
undecided

Go to romance section!! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Abrahamtaylour: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2016
A major portion belongs to Chad. Since their border covers most part of the chat basin where hydrocarbons have been identified for almost a decade now.

3 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2016
Emekamex:
I still don't get why this government is so much focused on oil. This is our best and might be our only chance to diversify and invest in other sectors of the economy, I have no doubt that the money used for the exploration would have done wonders in our agric sector; we need to get our priorities right, as this is a golden opportunity to do so.

Well, diversification takes a long time...and for now...grabbing as much money as possible to balance the books makes sense.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 15, 2016
2sexycom:

Where there is no light, no fuel, job losses, Fulani killings, dollar is 305 to naira, he travels too often, investors fleeing the country, businesses are shutting down... refineries are in comatose.

A chip of the old block...Still chasing after oil. #whocursedNigeria

4 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by desmond4new: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2016
i think the Nigeria is too big for buhari to rule! it's right time to divided the country now

3 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2016
imohchard:
When the rest of the world are embracing renewable energy our president is trying to find oil in his backyard...

Why are we so wayward?

Most of the world IS still using oil....and will do so for now.

Renewables is growing (and I am a fan of renewable energy myself)....but for now...it is still very expensive.

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 15, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Are You Wailing?

Progressives now wailing but tell you they are just offering constructive criticism...Btw i was once a progressive till we put this blockhead in charge

5 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by awa(m): 8:51am On Mar 15, 2016
That is good for the volatile region. Can they now free those that don't want their unionism again?
At least Oil and Gas have the binding force in entity called Naija....

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by peacengine(m): 8:52am On Mar 15, 2016
Lol diversification indeed grin

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 15, 2016
Icecomrade:

Crude oil is the only thing keeping this country together.

I pray they find oil and gas in the North.
They can advocate for secession themselves.

If the crude oil in the south south was originally in the North, I cant imagine how they would have treated other citizens.

Maybe, they may have disintegrated a very long time ago.

Finding oil in the North does not mean secession.

They still have to export the oil. And while there are plans for a trans Saharan pipeline....transit fees must be paid with that eventuality.

A united Nigeria means that the North has free access to the sea to export the oil.

Chad that produces oil has to pay Cameroon for the privilege to pass a pipe to export it. Not fair.

2 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by ajebuter(f): 8:54am On Mar 15, 2016
God punish Katsina burukutu and Daura left-over tuwo shinkafa..

Chai.... soro niyen sha?

3 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by anonimi: 8:54am On Mar 15, 2016
Begin
Since when have they been exploring?
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Standing5(m): 8:55am On Mar 15, 2016
drss:
just recently liar mohammed confessed dat buari has lost control of nigeria's economy ova fall in oyel prices. d same buari dullard is now trying to anchor nigerian economy on oyel. D dullard has no plans to diversify d economy, otherwise he will be talking about agriculture, not oyel exploration in d north east. same region currently being ravaged by boko haram.
You know perception of other's level of sharpness a function of one's brain. So you can carry on with the Dullard and Dullardino thingy.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by 2sexycom(m): 8:55am On Mar 15, 2016
brainpulse:
shove ur regrets into ur mouth
I don't care what you think. I don't celebrate misplaced priorities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by gretblue: 8:55am On Mar 15, 2016
2sexycom:

Will know your type.You never supported him at the initial stage as you claimed.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by dragonking2: 8:55am On Mar 15, 2016
HungerBAD:
Nice one there.

This is a President with a Vision for the Country. If only, the Cabals everywhere will just let him work, because for every 3 steps this man takes forward, there are those that will pull him back one step.

You will get there Mr. President.

We the real Nigerian's don't regret our votes for you.

See zombie....I thought you guys said buhari will diversify the economy since we are too dependent on oil? So why is he still looking for oil again? Better wake up before you are caught unawares by northern agenda.

8 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by emekaxy: 8:56am On Mar 15, 2016
Standing5:
If true, then i am dissapointed in Buhari. You have a commodity that whose market value is on the all-time low and you are still looking for it like its some hotcake. Who funds this ego-massaging venture that's merely meant to prove the north has oil? Who does?

this is shear cluelessness
Price of crude has fallen, for any right thinking person their shouldn't be any need
exploring and wasting money searching for new reserve rather invest half of that
money in Agriculture and use the remaining half to fund the production and maintain your output from our proven reserve in the Niger Delta region.

oil exploration is very expensive with lots of probability, so their is no point using the already scarce resources to chase oil where previous people has been chasing and nothing seems to come out and HungerBad will come hear and run his mouth for the clueless one.

3 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by mentorandfriend(m): 8:57am On Mar 15, 2016
2sexycom:

Ya. He may lose 2019 elections.

But I won't still vote for PDP in 2019. undecided

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Johnsinia(m): 8:57am On Mar 15, 2016
The cow president is developing the north using the support of his slaves from the S. west. And this same self impossed slaves were the ones singing the slave song of praises more than the cows themselves. Sometime, I wonder how the SE n SS end up being in the same country with all these so many FOOLS.

2 Likes

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by winningwinner(m): 8:58am On Mar 15, 2016
Wild goose chase!

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Leopardd(m): 8:58am On Mar 15, 2016
All abo.ki thinks is oil.
Nawa oh, abo.ki think teknoloji, think agriculture.

1 Like

Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Emekamex(m): 8:58am On Mar 15, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

Well, diversification takes a long time...and for now...grabbing as much money as possible to balance the books makes sense.
Oil isn't exactly gold at the moment, it is at its lowest peak, hence we should be investing in more profitable sectors now. Oil exploration can take place when oil is back to 100 dollars per barrel.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by 2sexycom(m): 8:58am On Mar 15, 2016
adioolayi:

I doubt if you've ever supported him....my view though.
bro, most of my nairaland friends who know me offline knows my stance or support.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 15, 2016
ITbomb:
When you get the oil, where una go sell am to.

I won't be surprised if I see military protecting small refineries in the north while destroying the ones in the south
help me ask am, our government is shallow minded, at this point it should me diversifying the economy not building all hope Oil.
Re: Oil And Gas Exploration To Begin In North-East – Buhari by loomer: 8:59am On Mar 15, 2016
Make una produce something else jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Shettima Climbs On Top Of A Car, Dances With APC Broom. Shocks Nigerian / Senate Threatens To Issue Arrest Warrant For Lai Mohammed, Others / Anti, Pro-Akpabio Protesters Storm National Assembly Over NDDC Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.