Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening (185993 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Simeonarome: 1:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
HELLO VO
I was just issued a visa on Monday, please I realized that to pick it up I will need a a government issued photo ID, I don't know what to use because I only have a student ID card and birth certificate. So I don't know what to use as my passport as been used all along as my Id
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by herrlicher: 3:45pm On Aug 17, 2017
Am in the same shoes with ur sis in terns of the AP although am going for a graduate program not a Minor.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by msenne: 9:59am On Aug 19, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV and LagosNIV
I was recently denied a student visa under the section 214 (b). I want to reapply but I need to prove that I have strong ties to my home country. I have proof of my father's property and my parents and 3 siblings all live in Nigeria but I do not have a job offer as I need to acquire the training I am going for before I can apply to organizations and companies that need candidates like me in Nigeria. I gained admission to read Cardiovascular Technology in Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, North Carolina. It's a two year Associate degree in Cardiovascular Technology. I am going for a two year college degree because I already have a 4 year Bachelor’s degree. I gave vague answers when I was asked about the other schools I applied to and who was paying for my school. My sponsors are my Uncle who is my Father's younger cousin and his wife. They live in Charlotte, NC. They are willing and excited to pay for my tuition. Is this going to be a problem? How do I go about my next interview?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hello msenne -

We cannot give advice as to any particular individual's case. In general, all applicants for a F1 visa (including you if you choose to apply again) should plan to present information that will demonstrate you are a bona fide student and that you have strong ties to Nigeria.

msenne:
Hello AbujaNIV and LagosNIV
I was recently denied a student visa under the section 214 (b). I want to reapply but I need to prove that I have strong ties to my home country. I have proof of my father's property and my parents and 3 siblings all live in Nigeria but I do not have a job offer as I need to acquire the training I am going for before I can apply to organizations and companies that need candidates like me in Nigeria. I gained admission to read Cardiovascular Technology in Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, North Carolina. It's a two year Associate degree in Cardiovascular Technology. I am going for a two year college degree because I already have a 4 year Bachelor’s degree. I gave vague answers when I was asked about the other schools I applied to and who was paying for my school. My sponsors are my Uncle who is my Father's younger cousin and his wife. They live in Charlotte, NC. They are willing and excited to pay for my tuition. Is this going to be a problem? How do I go about my next interview?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by ijeomaobi1: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2017
Hello LagosNIV,

2 of my friends that work in the financial sector went for student visa. But they were rejected. Question VO kept asking was" why would you leave a good job to study abroad?? No matter what was said, they were denied and given white paper

What could be the issue? Working class are not allowed to study further??

One is discouraged and currently processing for Australia school while the other went again and was denied and given blue paper.

If this issue had been treated before, kindly redirect me there.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by funmmy123: 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hello AbujaNIV and LagosNIV,

I am married with a child and I intend to apply for F1 visa at the moment. Although I have the I-20 for my child as dependent already (F2) but I don't intend to travel with her now. Please do I need to take her along with me for the interview.

Thank you for the swift response.

Warm regards,
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2017
Hello funmmy123 -

No, you do not need to take her with you to the interview. She will need to be interviewed before her visa can be approved, so if you want her to join you at some point, you'll need to have someone who can bring her to the consulate for an interview at that point. I would also recommend that you be sure the VO who interviews you enters notes about your plan with her, as that will make it easier for the VO who conducts her interview in the future.

funmmy123:
Hello AbujaNIV and LagosNIV,

I am married with a child and I intend to apply for F1 visa at the moment. Although I have the I-20 for my child as dependent already (F2) but I don't intend to travel with her now. Please do I need to take her along with me for the interview.

Thank you for the swift response.

Warm regards,
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by deyondanni: 5:46pm On Aug 29, 2017
1.Hello,please i would be applying for an F-1 visa next year,and being that i left secondary school 4yrs(by nxt yr)what are the chances that the VO would ask me about what i have been doing for the past 4 yrs?

2.A friend of mine is seeking a full ride scholarship in the US but due to insufficient funds he cant use an agent for the whole process,please how possible is it going to be...........THANKS
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by chucks33(m): 10:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
Good day,please I had my F1 visa interview on July 12th and was denied.Am going to Troy University to obtain a bachelors degree in nursing,I got a $6000 scholarship too.Diz is wat transpired
Me:Good day
C.officer:Good day,ur passport and i20 plz
Me:Sure,no p
C.officer:so wat are u doing currently
Me:am a student,graduated in 2016,took a yr off in writing my SATs and applying to oda skuls too
c.officer:how many skuls did u apply to and who's paying for diz trip
Me:3 skuls,and my uncle is
C officer:and who told u about dem
Me:a cousin of mine over dere helped me out with it.
Daht was it,she handed de green paper over to me.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by yale001(f): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2017
Hello AbujaNiv. I will like to start the process of my study visa in a university in USA, I have my first Degree here in Nigeria, and will like to go for my masters. i want to know if there is any reason to sit for any of these exam before i can go for masters in US. GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS)
Or is it that they would be required at the embassy during the interview. Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by segun544(m): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2017
Hello AbujaNiv & LagosNiv

Please I am an HND graduate from a Federal Polytechnic here in Nigeria...please I would love to know if I can apply directly for my Master's degree in the U.S and please i would also love to know every requirement needed to make my visa application a success as I am a novice in Visa application process...Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Addmore2020: 10:56am On Sep 06, 2017
Hello nairaland,
Am a newly registered member on this forum and am very new to all the process needed for applying for student visa, pls can anyone help me out, I am a graduate and I wish to further my studies abroad, USA to be precise, pls I need help.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 6:06pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hello deyondanni. We don't discuss chances on this forum. You should be prepared to answer any question about your life and educational aspirations.

deyondanni:
1.Hello,please i would be applying for an F-1 visa next year,and being that i left secondary school 4yrs(by nxt yr)what are the chances that the VO would ask me about what i have been doing for the past 4 yrs?

2.A friend of mine is seeking a full ride scholarship in the US but due to insufficient funds he cant use an agent for the whole process,please how possible is it going to be...........THANKS
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 6:10pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hello yale001. Standardized test requirements differ according to the school, so let that be your guide. In general, better schools require them.

yale001:
Hello AbujaNiv. I will like to start the process of my study visa in a university in USA, I have my first Degree here in Nigeria, and will like to go for my masters. i want to know if there is any reason to sit for any of these exam before i can go for masters in US. GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS)
Or is it that they would be required at the embassy during the interview. Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 6:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
Hello segun544. Different schools have different requirements. A good first stop in the process is:
https://educationusa.state.gov/

segun544:
Hello AbujaNiv & LagosNiv

Please I am an HND graduate from a Federal Polytechnic here in Nigeria...please I would love to know if I can apply directly for my Master's degree in the U.S and please i would also love to know every requirement needed to make my visa application a success as I am a novice in Visa application process...Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by chucks33(m): 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2017
Good day,please am going for my F1 visa interview next week.The part that says parents should sign,my dad mistakenly wrote the date in the column meant for country,which I erased with a tipex pen,but someone just told me now that is wrong and I might be denied again,please,what should I do?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
Hello again chucks33. It's important to follow the instructions. Failure to do so augers poorly for an applicant's future at a US institution of higher learning.

chucks33:
Good day,please am going for my F1 visa interview next week.The part that says parents should sign,my dad mistakenly wrote the date in the column meant for country,which I erased with a tipex pen,but someone just told me now that is wrong and I might be denied again,please,what should I do?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by ookwori: 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
Am A staff of the federal college where my dad happenes to be the provost and the are sponsoring my graduate studies in US. Would that negativity affect my chances of getting an F1 visa?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by adegbitetunji(m): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2017
I intend to travel with my 1year old...when should I apply for his visa?

Should I wait for mine to be issued? Or I can apply for both at the same time...
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Iwillcross(f): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=60224094]Hello again chucks33. It's important to follow the instructions. Failure to do so augers poorly for an applicant's future at a US institution of higher learning.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2017
You may apply for both at once. You'll need to pay separate application fees and fill out separate DS-160s for each of you.

adegbitetunji:

Should I wait for mine to be issued? Or I can apply for both at the same time...
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Temitope91(f): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2017
Good evening to the gurus in house pls I need assistance concerning visa application, I applied twice last year to the US embassy but got denied in which I posted my transcript here, I wish to reapply again so I need guidance pls
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by adegbitetunji(m): 7:08am On Sep 10, 2017
LagosNIV:
You may apply for both at once. You'll need to pay separate application fees and fill out separate DS-160s for each of you.

thank you
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by adegbitetunji(m): 9:59am On Sep 13, 2017
Is it too early to apply for F1 starting Fall 2018...?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 10:29pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hello ookwori. We don't discuss chances.

ookwori:
Am A staff of the federal college where my dad happenes to be the provost and the are sponsoring my graduate studies in US. Would that negativity affect my chances of getting an F1 visa?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hello adegbitunji. You may apply simultaneously or separately as you wish. Children typically qualify through their parents. Embarking on international study with an infant in tow is an ambitious and expensive proposition.

adegbitetunji:

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by abujaniv: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hello adegbitetunji. We advise individuals to apply for their student visa several months before the start of their studies.

adegbitetunji:
Is it too early to apply for F1 starting Fall 2018...?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Jamezy4u: 10:48am On Sep 19, 2017
Dear VO

1. As a student of F1 Visa in the States, you are married and it was a traditional marriage which off-course without any formal marriage certificate. You have a kid (son). If you want your wife to visit you while studying or even bring them (wife & Son) as dependents on F2 visa.
..How will you or your wife proof to the VO that you are actually married? For your son that bears your name might not be issue but for your wife that all her documents bear her Father's name, will her International passport maybe in your name be enough? How could one go around this safely and sincerely please?

2..If one must get a court weeding certificates, what exactly the nature/rank/name of courts that certificate issued by them are well recognized?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (36)

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.