Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,211 members, 7,780,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:22 PM

U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening (184652 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by jofreddy7: 9:18am On Dec 22, 2017
Dear LagosNIV,

I was at the Lagos embassy yesterday 19th, Dec. for my interview and I was given a white paper with a case number written.

The VO said I was going to get an approval mail that same evening and have my visa before the weekend, she held back only my Intl. passport. At the moment the CEAC site tracking shows administrative processing and I have not received any emails yet.

I have a booked flight to South Africa on Saturday 23rd, Dec. and need to travel with my passport.

Your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by d4kesh: 10:35am On Dec 22, 2017
please i need an insight to this..i am 31years old and a female,i have travelled to other countries before,i have my own business of 4years,i have property and i work with another organization earning monthly salary,i have applied for US non immigrant visa twice and was refused according to 214(b),does this have to do because i am unmarried,please do i have to be married to be successful ni,or what ties do they want again when i have my business,property,fiancee, parents and siblings in Nigeria.Although the DS160 form don't give room to state i have other jobs or property may be that is why they think i rely solely on the salary job.The company want to sponsor me for a conference in the US and Now i wish to sponsor myself for MBA in the US,i am not married yet,hope i wont be refused again if i apply for either the conference or the MBA .
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by fabyom: 11:50am On Dec 22, 2017
Dear LagosNIV,

I got my visa yesterday, so happy.
My transcript for the J1 visa.
v.o: a 51year old very nice and lovable man

I ; good morning sir.
v.o; where are you going in the united states

answer; bowling green state university, Ohio.
I noticed a little frown on the v.o face then I rephrased.
answer: I am going to Washington d.c from where I will be posted to bowling.....

v.o: okk
v.o: what is the program all about
response: it is abt......

v.o: how many years have you been teaching
response: 7 years

v.o: you teach in an all girls school, so how have they been performing in mathematics.
response: relatively good I mean not so good

v.o: smiles, not so good?
response: smiles, yes sir

v.o: are you married?
response: yes sir.

v.o: when
response: this year.

v.o: do you have children?
response: on the way.

v.o: laugh loudly
response: laugh too.

v.o: take this paper and make sure you take it on board. I wish a nice stay in the US and also safe delivery for your wife
response: smile, thank you sir.

At the beginning of last year if someone had told me that next year I would get married have a son and travelled to God's own country on an all expense paid trip. I would have curse such a person for toying with my emotion.
God no be man. Glory, Glory be to God in the highest.
whatever you find doing be diligent in it. I am just a mathematics teacher in one public school in Oyo State. thank you Lagos NIV, thank United State of America and thank you Naija my country.

9 Likes

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Phoenixkreuger: 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hi Abuja NIV,

Still in gratitude for your ever so prompt responses.

As earlier mentioned in my previous post I reappeared at the embassy in Abuja as was instructed on Friday the 15th of December for recapturing of my finger prints and the consular officer explained to me the reason behind my visa delay and further proposed that my documents will be ready soon.

Almost 2 weeks and I haven't received any notification for document pick up and when I track my passport on the cgi federal site it just says on my dashboard "passport still with embassy". However, I noticed yesterday the status changed to "document delivery information" .
Also when I track it via email it says "there is no status update available for passport number submitted".this also wasn't the case some few days ago when it always returns "document still at post".

Please I'm confused and worried at the same time as to the vagueness in these information as any further delays will greatly infringe on my school travel plans.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by chisomonyeke: 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hello VO Please I would love to know where t o pay for my visa
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Klebsy: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hello Mr Twoods

Thanks for this wonderful platform. I have three questions;

1. Can I enter the US a day or two after the start date on my I-20?

2. My visa approval has been stalled since last week Friday as the VO placed me on administrative processing. My research assistanship was not stated on my I-20 and I guess she was skeptical about its authenticity. My start date is Jan 8 and the school won't resume until Jan 2 for confirmation of this funding. Does the embassy bear this in mind while addressing issues like this?

3. Say, my visa is issued on Jan 8, can I still travel knowing fully well that Jan 8 is the start date. If No, what steps can I take aside deferring my admission till fall.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by goodemma20(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2017
chisomonyeke:
Hello VO
Please I would love to know where t
o pay for my visa
walk to any GT bank, tell them you want to pay for visa and your reason for travel, they will tell you what to do, make sure your 64k is with you.I'm not VO BTW
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hello chisomonyeke -

Here is the page from our FAQ about payment of fees.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-paymentinfo.asp

LagosNIV

chisomonyeke:
Hello VO
Please I would love to know where t
o pay for my visa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hello Klebsy -

Here is the answer to your question on the DHS website.

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/getting-to-the-united-states

In short, no, you may enter the US up to 30 days before your start date, but you may not enter the US after the start date on your I-20. If you cannot travel by that date you will need to have your school confirm that you are permitted to arrive late by issuing a new I-20 with a later start date.

Klebsy:
Hello Mr Twoods

Thanks for this wonderful platform. I have three questions;

1. Can I enter the US a day or two after the start date on my I-20?

2. My visa approval has been stalled since last week Friday as the VO placed me on administrative processing. My research assistanship was not stated on my I-20 and I guess she was skeptical about its authenticity. My start date is Jan 8 and the school won't resume until Jan 2 for confirmation of this funding. Does the embassy bear this in mind while addressing issues like this?

3. Say, my visa is issued on Jan 8, can I still travel knowing fully well that Jan 8 is the start date. If No, what steps can I take aside deferring my admission till fall.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Klebsy: 12:39am On Dec 30, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello Klebsy -

In short, no, you may enter the US up to 30 days before your start date, but you may not enter the US after the start date on your I-20. If you cannot travel by that date you will need to have your school confirm that you are permitted to arrive late by issuing a new I-20 with a later start date.

Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Klebsy: 12:40am On Dec 30, 2017
[quote author=LagosNIV post=63727309]Hello Klebsy -

[Thanks for the response]
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Olasunkey: 1:59am On Dec 31, 2017
@LagosNiv.
I got my visa approved on the 29th and due to the holiday I don't know when it will be returned to me and my program starts 8th of Jan which I spoke with My IA and she gave me a extension letter till 16th ..
I don't know if I can travel on the 10th and also hope there won't be any problems at POE as I have my extension with me
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by chisomonyeke: 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
Thank you so much Abuja NIV and guys for help
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Larox: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2018
When someone with B.Sc is going for an Associate in another field to meet up with his job requirement, can his visa be approved?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by ddare05(m): 11:35am On Jan 05, 2018
Hello VO,

I recently brought back my son (to Nigeria) who has been on an F1 student visa in the states to continue his education here in Nigeria.

If he needs to apply for a visit visa to the states, will he be eligible for “drop box” or he’ll need to book an embassy appointment?

Best regards
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Lasnuhrenson8: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2018
Hi evry1,my name is oluwashina and I am new here..I went for an f1 visa interview on December 18 but I was denied.my school resumes on 8 Jan and class starts on 13th but am yet to get an appointment date for another visa interview..do I still have a chance of getting into the school for this semester if I eventually get a date for my interview next week which school resume?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Lasnuhrenson8: 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
Can I still make it to the US this January?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Boyinde: 10:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
compliment of the season to you all. I am a registered member on this platform but i have not been following for a long time now. Please i have a question to ask. Myself and my hubby got a B1/B2 US visa in December to travel for a vacation but we could not go due to my work. Now my husband is planning to apply for a study visa and i will be accompanying him and my little girl as a dependant. I want to ask if going to apply without using the B1/B2 visa has any implication. I have traveled to US before. Your answer will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Boyinde
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Poisepretty: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hello, Lagos Niv.

Please i will like some assistance. I applied for renewal of my visa recently and in the process of downloading the dropbox confirmation page, the process stopped and it gave an incomplete download signal. I tried going through the process again but it kept saying invalid that no information can be found connected to my receipt no. I sent several emails to the US embassy as provided and all they keep telling me is that there is nothing they can do that i av to pay another N64,000. Av sent several emails over the past 2weeks but i kept getting the same response to go pay for another application.
I downloaded and printed my DS160 form on the same day the dropbox confirmation didn't download. Please i need advice on what to do cause i cannot afford to pay for a mistake that is technical in nature. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Ken4agent(m): 7:45pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hello Vo,

It a great job you doing on this forum. Information definitely is power.
I will appreciate your prompt response to my case.

I have worked for a company here in Nigeria for over 5year as a Human Resource officer. I studied Psychology. Due to my hardworking and recorded achievement, my company has indicated interest to sponsur me to US for my M.sc in HRM and will take care of all expenses.

My Qs:
1. I guess I need to fill the f-1 form? If yes pls send me the link to the online forms I need to fill
2. What is my chance of getting the visa? Am in the process of forwarding my credentials to the school
3. I intend going with my wife no kids yet. Do you think I should apply alone and leave my wife behind or I should apply for her as my dependant?
4. Will I need to provide my company(sponsure ) bank statement?
5. I have a work ties, as I will sign a legal undertaking that I will return on completion of the course so as to use knowledge gained to further improve the company Human resource Management....will this be an advantage?
Your response will promt further Questions.

The University am applying to start academic session in September2018 and that when am expected to resume at the school. When is best to start the visa application and can you highlight the steps to take to apply for f1 visa
Regards
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by mrsmithkay(m): 3:20am On Jan 22, 2018
Hello Lagos NIV,
My first visa application was rejected, and i have reapplied for the 2nd one.
For my second application i intend using a new I-20 from another school altogether.

Do i need to pay another SEVIS fee?
Because my SEVIS fee receipt is reading the SEVIS ID CODE on my Old I-20.

Warm regards,
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
Hello mrsmithkay –

SEVIS fees are valid for 365 calendar days from the date they are paid. You may transfer a SEVIS registration from one school to another if you have decided to switch schools. So long as your prior SEVIS fee was paid fewer than 365 days ago, you do not need to pay another. If your prior visa application was refused, you will, however, need to pay an additional MRV fee for a new application.

LagosNIV

mrsmithkay:
Hello Lagos NIV,
My first visa application was rejected, and i have reapplied for the 2nd one.
For my second application i intend using a new I-20 from another school altogether.

Do i need to pay another SEVIS fee?
Because my SEVIS fee receipt is reading the SEVIS ID CODE on my Old I-20.

Warm regards,
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by koolkesh(m): 10:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
Good day VO,

Is it compulsory for an applicant's sponsor's bank statement to contain the full sum for the tuition, fees and living expense? or can the applicant also provide other documents showing assets owned by sponsor to proof financial capability?

Is it an advantage for an applicant to state he/she has friends (boyfriend/girlfriend) in the states where the school is? considering this person is a Legal Permanent Resident?

I read in a different thread that writing a standardized test is compulsory to aiding you get your visa, even if the course you applying for does not require one (for example the course you applying for does not require you to write GRE but they require you to write TOEFL or IELTS alone) Is this true or not?

I would appreciate your professional advise on this.

Many thanks.
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Michealgatfin: 4:07pm On Feb 15, 2018
Good day. I have travelled to the uk twice with my real date 1997. But I had to get birth affidavit from court which carries 1996 because I wanted to use it for university then cos I wasn’t of age. So I just got a new birth certificate. Now I am done and want to travel to Canada for masters which I have gotten admission in a school already and I made it known there was a mistake on my passport because they require passport and birth certificate before giving admission but I got it.
All my documents carry 1996 except my passport which is 1997. Please what do you think I can do because I am supposed to start my student permit processing in the next week. I would be looking forward to your replies.. thank you
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by oloks2: 2:49am On Feb 18, 2018
Hi Lagos/Abuja NIV,
I have an appointment for Wednesday 21/02/2018, unfortunately my appointment confirmation shows my old passport Nos instead of the new one, how can I correct this please?I typed my new passport nos at the point of booking the appointment and i'm surprised the old one is coming out,how will this affect me?
Secondly, I wasn't able to upload an acceptable picture at the point of completing my DS-160 and I was asked to come to the embassy with an acceptable 5 by 5 passport which I plan to do, I have just read somewhere that applications submitted without an acceptable picture might be turned back at the embassy, can I still adjust my submitted applications to enable me try other pictures?What's your advise pls?
Re: U.S. Student Visa (F1, M1, & J1) Forum - We're Listening by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2018
Greetings Nairaland FMJ forum! It was necessary for LagosNIV to take a break from answering your questions, but we are back now. Just a few reminders:
1) We will answer general questions and concerns, but cannot get into specifics on any case. We are unable to estimate your ‘chances’ for obtaining a visa.
2) We will neither receive nor respond to PMs, public posts only.
3) We (US Embassy Abuja and US Consulate General Lagos) administer the F/M/J student visas, but we do not manage the Student Exchange Visitor Program (which owns SEVIS and the I-20 forms). An excellent website for information on this program is https://www.ice.gov/sevis/students. Information on I-20 forms can be found at https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/what-is-the-form-i-20.
4) A good resource to learn about student visas is https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study.html

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36)

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here / Adventure In Ireland / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.