Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe (22204 Views)

Economy: APGA Would Have Done Better Than Apc’s Buhari – Oye / Why It Is Illogical To Claim That 'PDP' Destroyed Nigeria For Sixteen Years / Fresh Crisis Hits APC, Deputy National Publicity Scribe Asks Chairman To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by DONSMITH123(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
The Deputy National Secretary of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, Comrade Jerry Obasi, on Tuesday pronounced Nigeria’s economy “clinically dead”, calling on President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to urgently seek the help of economic surgeons.
Obasi, who was the APGA’s deputy governorship candidate in the last general election in Ebonyi State, accused the President of junketing around the world whereas his house was on fire.

Speaking in an interview with DAILY POST in Enugu, the APGA chieftain urged the government to convoke an economic summit in order to save the country from descending further into the abyss.

He spoke thus: “What is going on this country is quite unfortunate; I have been on the queue for two days to get fuel, in Nigeria, the fourth oil producing country in the entire world, whereas in non-oil producing countries, there are no queues.

“In fact, I supported Buhari in this election, I had to go against my family and party to support Buhari in that election, because of the state of affairs under Jonathan, considering the fact that Enugu-Onitsha Express Road was impassable for six years, and we had a President; also Enugu-Port Harcourt Road was not done, all the roads in the South-East and South-South were not done for the six years, I was using these small indices because Igbos are traders, so they need these roads; I got disappointed and I said I was not going to vote for Jonathan, he disappointed my people, six years would have been enough. To me it was crass failure, even when it is believed today by Nigerians both at home and in the Diaspora that Buhari has failed, his failure can’t make Jonathan to have succeeded.

“The truth remains that the economy is in a very bad shape, the economy has been battered, it has been given a technical knock-out, the type that Tyson used to give to his opponents in his time, the economy has gone extinct, and just like the statement made by Lai Mohammed that the economy has overtaken the government, though he has come back to retract that, but he has made a confessional statement, because tomorrow he will still tell Nigerians that he said it; the economy to me, has been destroyed, you cannot bring a clerk in a micro finance bank in the UK to come and superintend over Nigeria’s economy, it is not going to take us anywhere. Nigeria needs an economist in the mold of Okonjo Iweala, an economist in the stature of Oby Ezekwesili, in the stature of Soludo, in the stature of Kaku Idika Kaku. These appointments of Buhari that are more political and sentimentally minded will take us to the abyss. The government is already collapsing on him, and I will advise once again for him to convoke an economic summit, because Nigerian and her economy is in comatose, it is in an intensive care unit of economic hospital that also needs intensive care by economic surgeons, but if we go the way we are going, I see dark days ahead, I see terrible days ahead.

“Are we to talk about the N5,000 promise, we are not talking about the fuel they said will be sold an N40, even at 180, you cannot but fuel anywhere, if you go to Malawi, South-Africa, Ghana, you cannot see queue, so it is unfortunate, the president should wake up, he should reduce his level of travelling, you don’t visit economies that are stable whereas at home, the economy is dying on your lapse, let us come out of these sentiments, the APC should understand now that it is the ruling government, may be they forgot that they are ruling, still sounding like the opposition. Buhari’s appointments are summersault appointments; you see a professor working under a first degree holder, let us look inside, management of the country is different from a religious body, it is different from a tribal organization, it is different from the opposition mentality, it is so far so bad, all of us can see it, we can’t but food. The country has become too hot for all of us.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/15/buhari-has-destroyed-nigerias-economy-apga-scribe/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by iamdiamond(m): 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
this country ba! God will save us oooo
ftc

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by OnankpaBa(m): 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
He spoke thus: “What is going on this country is quite unfortunate; I have been on the queue for two days to get fuel, in Nigeria, the fourth oil producing country in the entire world, whereas in non-oil producing countries, there are no queues.

Coz u've been on the queue to get fuel. Abeg go sit down

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by OnankpaBa(m): 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
The country has become too hot for all of us.”

please leave...simple

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2016
following
Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by OsusuMustFlow(f): 1:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
nothing but the truth. things are not moving. anyway Osusu Must Flow

51 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by SUPERPACK: 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
t
Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by Tunami(m): 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
OnankpaBa:

apc man howfar, hope buhari is paying you for all this work that you're doing for him on nairaland.

132 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by OsusuMustFlow(f): 1:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
tAIWO

SUPERPACK:
t

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by jieta: 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2016
what do u expect from d silly buhari, we don't want to be seeing our grand father crying like a baby after election

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by OnankpaBa(m): 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
Am so paid

Tunami:
apc man howfar, hope buhari is paying you for all this work that you're doing for him on nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by OnankpaBa(m): 2:00pm On Mar 15, 2016
The same silly buhari is the one ruling you.

jieta:
what do u expect from d silly buhari, we don't want to be seeing our grand father crying like a baby after election

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by jieta: 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
OnankpaBa:

The same silly buhari is the one ruling you.

yes oo, am tired of firming ignorance of d present state of things so I will talk so DAT people like u can reply me.

43 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by Achuwa1(m): 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
Omg! 8 shocked,,,,,,according to the op: woman tht used to be a mere clerk in a micro-finance bank in the uk is now our minister of finance.
No wondr the economy is in comatose & ppl are suffering in abject hunger,+prices of things sky rocketing.,,we are in a big mess ooo

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by OnankpaBa(m): 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
kwontinu smiley

jieta:
yes oo, am tired of firming ignorance of d present state of things so I will talk so DAT people like u can reply me.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by OnankpaBa(m): 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
lalasticlala i greet you

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by SweetLove0(f): 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
smiley
Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by Tunami(m): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2016
OnankpaBa:
Am so paid
ok.kwontinue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by mrmetoo1: 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Achuwa1:
Omg! 8 shocked,,,,,,according to the op: woman tht used to be a mere clerk in a micro-finance bank in the uk is now our minister of finance.
No wondr the economy is in comatose & ppl are suffering in abject hunger,+prices of things sky rocketing.,,we are in a big mess ooo

My guy if you're suffering in abject hunger, that's on you don't blame government for that. Personally, no hunger on my own side and not from anyone I know. Some of you need to stop using this bad economy as an excuse to be lazy, people that are making money are still making money. Banks that everyone was making noise about because of TSA are declaring billions in profit. The NSE that was bleeding end of last year/beginning of this year are already experiencing a turn around. Investors are showing interest, don't lie to yourself that your inadequacies are caused by government. Things might be a little slow but I personally that know anyone that has shut their businesses. So that abject hunger you're talking about started a long time ago, no be today

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by DONSMITH123(m): 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
lipsrsealed
Achuwa1:

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by stephnie1(f): 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
hmm
Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by hakeem4(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
GEJ
Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by richidinho(m): 4:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
There is no money in the economy
How can somebody be stockpiling money in one account to rather remain dormant instead of pumping more cash to the economy?

#BadAdvisers
#BadEconomist
#SpeaksTooMuchGrama

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Very Pathetic
Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by Franchise21(m): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Watching in 3D
Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
The problem is that we do not have enough money thanks to the drop in oil prices....so we have to restrict the amount of money we spend (which is why the car money of Aso Rock is not right)....but many people want to live as if oil is still above $100 per barrel.

Well,it ain't. And the sooner Nigeria goes full austerity at all levels, the better.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by NwaNimo1(m): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nigeria is in a 'Coma'........roll on 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by richidinho(m): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
OnankpaBa:

Chai!!!
Nigerians come and see Zombie who will rather suffer and be smiling

33 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by DrObum(m): 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
You're just coming to the realisation that the octogenarian wants to just fulfil his bucket list before he goes?

I wonder how nigerians were fooled into voting that man as president !

NB: Quote me and chop slap! undecided I dey vex

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by OnankpaBa(m): 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
thank you

hakeem4:
GEJ

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe by horlabiyi(m): 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
I won't be surprised to see this man name in DasukiGate list. You know how they do their thing since May 29

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola Angry With Enugu Legislators Action On Eedc / Keyamo: Difference Between Buhari And Adeleke Certificate Scandals / Fitness And Awareness Walk For PDP In Calabar (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.