Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

[Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? (8078 Views)

Poll: Who would you pick as the African Footballer of the Year?

Eto'o: 29% (18 votes)
Drogba: 45% (28 votes)
Essien: 6% (4 votes)
Kanu: 18% (11 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

[Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by PDF: 11:59am On Nov 07, 2006
The CAF African footballer of the year seems debatable following the injury of Samuel and his helpless eviction from the world cup.  Kanu and Drogba had  good runs at the Cup of nations, Essien's been terrific in Chelsea, he did relatively well in the world cup and nation's cup, and so also did Drogba.

Guys, wetin una think? Who's your pick for the year 2006?
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by tosinadeda: 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2006
Drogba
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2006
Eto'o deserves it even with his injury cool

Drogba? say wetin? what does he play other than score goals shocked

Essien? na winch

Kanu? He should not even be mentioned among the nominees shocked
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by PDF: 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2006
I think Drogba will bag it. He's had a 'terrific' performance this year. Moreover, he's not a Nigerian
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by tosinadeda: 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2006
@radiant

u dnt sound radiant all.
U say drogba does not deserves it cos he only scores goals!

Thats the dumbest post av seen on
naira land
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 11:44pm On Nov 08, 2006
Tosin,I bet you love yourself very much.

How do you choose best footballer? By the number of goals?
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by tosinadeda: 11:58pm On Nov 08, 2006
Why do u nominate a striker?

Is it by the no of saves?

Pls spare ur explanation, it wnt change my opinion on ur post
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 12:00am On Nov 09, 2006
Suck on my post, and your opinion won't change my mind!
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by tosinadeda: 12:05am On Nov 09, 2006
The truth is bitter
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by candylips(m): 12:06am On Nov 09, 2006
na drogba
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by tosinadeda: 12:21am On Nov 09, 2006
Thank u jare
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by PDF: 9:26am On Nov 09, 2006
Drogba seems to be winning on Nairaland. Please u could suggest persons outside the nominees on this thread. tnx

Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Chxta(m): 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2006
Fair being fair, it has to be Drogba. . .
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by candylips(m): 1:41am On Nov 10, 2006
yes he has been in superb form this session
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by osteen(m): 8:29am On Nov 10, 2006
Drogba is doing well but i guess essien will be my Choice, his work rate is magnificent
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by CrazyMan(m): 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2006
Kanu will win it
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by kitaun(m): 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2006
Wishful thinking
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by CrazyMan(m): 7:43pm On Nov 11, 2006
are you having second thoughts?
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by kitaun(m): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2006
Second thoughts? 'Wishful thinking' means u wish Kanu wins but am a realist and i know Drogba would win it
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Jackal(m): 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2006
Etoo should win it.
Why are some people suffering from amnesia?
What has Drogba played this year to merit CAF player of the year?
Drogba has only enjoyed 2 months of terrific football in the whole year.
The only thang to show all year is just a premiership title.

Samuel Etoo has been giving a stellar performance from january till september when he copped his injury.
Thats 8-9 months of spell-bound, terrific and top-draw football.
He copped the pichichi, La Liga, UEFA under his belt and u guys are yappin about Drogba?
Drog what? Try Yakubu.
Negroes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaze.
CAF as an organisation aint myopic like most of y'all.
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2006
Jackal, couldn't agree more with you. Thanks for that. cool

Drogba my ass
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by tosinadeda: 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2006
@jackal

all those were individual achievements

wut did he achieve with his country

remember we are talking of a year of a caf competition ,the nations cup and a fifa organised competition also.

Was he able2 get anything from both, the ans is no.

He didnt even go2 d world cup.drogba went at his expense. At the nations cup,it was drogba dat knocked him out.

If he had won all those laurels in a year without the acn and the world cup,he would have won it clearly, but since its a year of the nations cup and world cup, then its going2 b tight. 2 make things worse he got injured again

@radiant

its a pity u ve2 use sum1s opinion 2 prove ur point

re u dat dull?
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2006
D'u know the meaning of a JB? If you don't , go find out because that's what you are.

So because Cameroun didn't go for the world cup, that means Eto'o don't deserve the title?

tosinadeda:

@jackal

all those were individual achievements

Before nko! Na country achievements? Is the award based on a country's football achievement or an individuals achievement?  shocked

You say Drogba huh? Ivory Coast that went to the world cup, weren't they knocked out in the first round? What happened to you mighty Drogba then? Duhhhh!

Go find out more about Eto'os football the whole of this year and reconsider.

For your info, Eto'o is:

1.Spanish league champion
2.Highest goal scorer in Spain
3.Champions league champion

As you can see BBarcelona's performance without him, you might have to be more truthful to yourself.
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by nuggard(m): 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2006
This should be titled IF YOU AGREE WITH RADIANT VOTE, OR ELSE. . . .
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by tosinadeda: 11:02pm On Nov 11, 2006
This guy is so dumb!
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by tosinadeda: 11:02pm On Nov 11, 2006
This guy is so dumb!
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Jackal(m): 1:07am On Nov 12, 2006
@ tosinadeda,

With all due respect, i think u are the dull nigga here.
What did George Weah achieve for his country when he won the world footballer of the year and african footballer in the year in 1995?
Liberia has never qualified for the world cup , let alone play @ the world cup finals.

It is not rocket science. Sanuel Etoo is the best african player and the best striker in the world.
U argued Drogba knocked out Cameroun but did he help his country win the CAN 2006 eventually?
Where was Drogba when Etoo became the highest goal scorer of CAN 2006? He was busy perming his hair like a Los Angeles gay.
Duhhhhhh, negro please, take a chill pill.
Even if Etoo stays on the bench for 1 year, his achievements in football still outweighs Drogba's.
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by tosinadeda: 1:15am On Nov 12, 2006
Read my post well jackal
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by candylips(m): 1:47am On Nov 12, 2006
duh
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by lalaboi(m): 7:21am On Nov 12, 2006
Drogba drogba drogba!
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Radiant(f): 10:57am On Nov 12, 2006
tosinadeda:

Read my post well jackal

We have read it from left to right and from right to left. You are pointless!
Re: [Poll] African Footballer Of The Year - Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Kanu? by Jackal(m): 11:40am On Nov 12, 2006
@ Radiant,

That was HARSH.
The fact is Tosin is a bloody Chelskite so he has got the right to feel Drogba deserves the award more than any other African.
I feel his pain but we should not let club patriotism affect our judgements.

Ronaldo n Rooney are also contesting for the young player award but i think Leo Messi deserves it more.
I support Man Utd passionately but Messi has to be the most talented teenager in the world.
Samuel Etoo is world class and Drogba needs to do more to patch on Etoo's wavelength.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Most Famous Brothers In Football / Lionel Messi Becomes A Dad: Rumour? / Rivers State Athletes Protest Over Unpaid Allowances (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.