Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

(PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator (2751 Views)

Four Nigerian School Girls Invent First Ever Urine Powered Generator / The Pentagon Is Building A ‘self-aware’ Killer Robot Army Fueled By Social Media / Generator That Uses Urine Invented By Nigerian 14-Year-old Student (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by afrifuturestarz(m): 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
With the incessant power failure in Nigeria, four teenage Nigerian girls in a stroke of ingenuity have come up with a urine-powered generator.
Duro-Aina Adebola, Akindele Abiola, and Faleke Oluwatoyin, all 14, and Bello Eniola, 15, collaborated on the invention, which they claim generates one hour of electricity from one liter (about a quart) of urine.
The pee-powered product as it is called made its debut at a fair in Lagos, Nigeria some years back.

The operational procedure is in this format;

Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which separates out the hydrogen.
The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas.
This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.

Hydrogen, of course, carries explosive risks, so the girls used one-way valves as a security measure (whether that is safety precaution enough is unclear).

The girls will probably be famous chemists one day, in any case, but they aren't the first to propose urine as a possible alternative fuel.

The four African teens likely are the youngest researchers yet to dabble in pee as power. Criticism aside, i think Africans will just agree that the foursome should be lauded for their efforts to find alternative power sources on a continent that could really use them. I believe some of us reading this, when we were 14, am pretty sure we were too busy watching TV to concern ourselves with hydrogen extraction.
Today, these young teens have come of age and doing exceedingly well in their chosen aspirations . I think Africa is ripe to up the challenges confronting it.
For more pictures check here:
source: http://www.africafuturestars.com/2016/03/four-young-nigerian-girls-create-urine.html#more

Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by Meeloreh(f): 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
Something new has been invented in Naijja grin cool
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by Pharaoh94(m): 8:12am On Mar 16, 2016
Amazing..
Buy it can't make market. The science behind is too much. An average Nigerian loves maintenance free
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by nadalion: 6:56am On Mar 17, 2016
Lol! Talking about d power of a girl's pee.
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by tsamson(m): 7:26am On Mar 17, 2016
Hmmm... Made in Nigeria,
#buyNaijatoGrowNaija
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2016
4 paints of pee will last how many hours sef
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2016
why the Bleep m i seeing generator there again??
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
Lilbrown007:
why the f*ck m i seeing generator there again??
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by shalomt4321: 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
why the Bleep m i seeing generator there again??
bros didn't you read the topic urine fueled GENERATOR were you expecting to see toilet
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by bamirotola: 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
After mensis urine is the best.... Afonja gels making us proud
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by 2shure: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
When your gen knocks
And youe neighbours are using pet gen.
Den you call your gen guy to come and service it.
While hez trying to disconnect the hose near the fuel tank
Suddenly the hose cuts
E mean say na piss go splash for him face be that.
Imagine stinking urine filled with disgusting menstruation blood in it.
Yuck
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by tck2000(m): 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
2shure:
When your gen knocks And youe neighbours are using pet gen. Den you call your gen guy to come and service it. While hez trying to disconnect the hose near the fuel tank Suddenly the hose cuts E mean say na piss go splash for him face be that. Imagine stinking urine filled with disgusting menstruation blood in it. Yuck
lol
Re: (PHOTO) Four Young Nigerian Girls Create Urine-fueled Generator by tck2000(m): 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
2shure:
When your gen knocks And youe neighbours are using pet gen. Den you call your gen guy to come and service it. While hez trying to disconnect the hose near the fuel tank Suddenly the hose cuts E mean say na piss go splash for him face be that. Imagine stinking urine filled with disgusting menstruation blood in it. Yuck
lol

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Unlock My Airtel Router.. / Ccna Training In Abuja, Duration 1 Month 31days / Bill Gates Is Thinking About Dimming The Sun (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.