Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,929 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola (28471 Views)

I Never Promised Better Power Supply", Fashola Informs Nigerians / State With Most Epileptic Power Supply / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by IgboGoat: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nigeria’s Power Minister, Babatunde Fashola, has stated that he’ll do all in his power to end the epileptic power supply bedeviling the nation.

When quizzed recently by newsmen whether there would be an end to the epileptic power supply in the country, the minister noted that having been properly briefed “in papers, files and memos” since he assumed office, of the situation in the sector, he had taken it upon himself to go round the country and have an on the spot assessment of the situation.

He however noted that what he had seen so far had given him hope that there would be light at the end of the tunnel.

“This problem can be solved, it is a problem that has challenged us for a long time, not only am I going around to understand the situation, am at Ugwuaji now in Enugu, I’m going around to understand what I’m supposed to manage, I’ve been briefed in papers, in files and in memo, am going from power plants to power plants, from transmission sites to transmission sites, what I see convinces me that this problem can be solved, I’m optimistic that it can be solved, it just needs for us as a people to understand the system better and know how it works.

“I am going to be dedicating my time to breaking down all technical issues that have been sounding so heavy over decades so that the average Nigerian can understand how the system works. Our people must know that if people break down pipelines, you know that you are breaking the system, no matter how angry you are, a broken pipeline is going to affect you because you won’t have power, if people feel that the best way to secure employment for their colleagues in the union is to shut down the power plants, the truth is that they are going to hurt more people than the people they seek to protect.

“If people think that if there is a restructuring going on in any government agency, and they fear that most of their colleagues will lose work and the answer is to shut down gas stations, the truth is that more people that they seek to protect would be hurt than those they want their jobs secured, for me everybody must understand how your action or inaction affects the system, once this is done, I think I see a better tomorrow clearly,” he noted.

http://naija247news.com/2016/03/am-on-tour-to-understand-causes-of-nigerias-epileptic-power-supply-fashola/

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by ice25(f): 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2016
baba do cos heat eyaf finish somebody

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by phlemzy: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2016
Chei!!!So power supply will only get better after Mr Fash finishes his tour?

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Justiyke4u: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
I comment my reserve
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Wisdomkosi(m): 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
PMB is touring the whole world while fashola is touring the whole states in Nigeria . When is the touring going to end?

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Tunami(m): 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
another story story.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by playahata: 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
A lawyer turned engineer overnight. Save your eloquence for the court room abeg. Square peg in round hole!

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
Please do, don't be like the Judas of ubima

11 Likes

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by montezz(f): 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by KHAYGOLD(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
Kudos to Mr fashola. A problem can't be solved without understanding its cause. May God give you the knowledge to understand it and proffer a long lasting solution to it. Amen

203 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by blackfase(m): 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2016
Rubbish! Gej-out of our way and that Ministry Uncle Fash. No b robe and wig matter b dis.....

All we are saying, #bringbackBarthNnaji

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by idupaul: 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
Foolish man so it's now want to have an idea of what's happening but yet you went on to increase tariffs illegally by 50 percent and still didn't remove the 750 service charge

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Ama80(f): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
I still suggest Fashola be saddled with power ministry alone.it's a technical ministry.by d way,hasn't he studied d situation all along.Kai!hope is seemingly far.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by cnwokike(m): 4:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
@Lalasticlala please do what you know how to do best...........
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by mars123(m): 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
playahata:
A lawyer turned engineer overnight. Save your eloquence for the court room abeg. Square peg in round hole!
the crazy thing now is that the man is just 10 months in office, and if the power situation begins to get better now, people like you will start to swallow back their vomits with no shame whatsoever.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by oduastates: 4:55pm On Mar 15, 2016
Why do you need a tour ?
Common sense: The federal government since 1966, has spread bad governance to the western region ( I could care less about others).
Nothing the FG runs works . Take back all our western region powers , problem solved .
You know why they will avoid doing this ?
Because the western region pays over 70% of the power bills and is about the only viable power industry assuring a potential of over 90% bills recovery .
They can share the oil . We will sustain ourselves with our best resource ; the people .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by hazyfm1: 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2016
phlemzy:
Chei!!!So power supply will only get better after Mr Fash finishes his tour?
grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Icecomrade: 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2016

Amaechi how come you don't understand the cause of epileptic power supply in Nigeria and you all dead brain could offer you is how to criticise the the previous administration.

But wait o. Where exactly are you touring? Rivers State? I won't be surprised if you are thinking that Wike is the cause of epileptic power supply in Nigeria.

It's shameful that after 6months of your appointment your still touring to understand

#BrainDeadLeaders

7 Likes

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by KAYNINI(m): 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is sad!
This clowns will not kill me
He wants to go round and see for himself? somebody please tell him that it's a waste of taxpayers money
We have alot of research done - a couple of research firms have been paid to come up with theories and all, everything was thrown away.
A research was even done recently on number of houses on the prepaid meters and the number was so low for what the number of household announced by Power ministries.
i feel so bad for this country - it's so sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Brunel(m): 5:19pm On Mar 15, 2016
lol
> In the same way Buhari is on tour to understand the causes of our faulty image, low economy and underdevelopment
> It is commendable to first understand one's problem before trying to apply solutions.
> However, if a seasoned engineer knowledgeable in the technical run-ins of a Grid electrical network and distribution system were to be the minister of Power, the time, energy and resources wasted in junketing will be saved.
> There is always light at the end of the tunnel boss. In hell, there is bright fire at the end of the tunnel. In heaven, there is also bright light. In Nigeria our tunnel seem to have no end.
> You once said any serious government will fix the power in six months. Either this is a self indictment in this government or you told us a Lai grin http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/power-supply-all-homes-in-lagos-will-be-lit-in-six-months-if-fashola/
> I still believe unwavering in the Nigerian dream, no matter how strained things are getting

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by sdindan: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
continue touring.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Lovexme(m): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hopefully, we'd see a positive change after the touring is complete.

Don't go around touring like Buhari and abandon important problems sha.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by goldiam(f): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
At least he his giving us a reason. OK buhari nko why has he been junketeering around since he assumed power.

2 Likes

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Btruth: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
Oya oooo, we are waiting.
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by Dollyak(f): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
That's a fair comments from him to be fair. Perhaps we can all give him a chance.

I still maintain an engineer with project and asset management background is more suitable for this role. There is a reason one of Siemens best engineer was hired to head German's energy sector.

13 Likes

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by brainpulse: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hy
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by mandax: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
Chissos,

In govt for 17 years, Fashola did not understand what caused Nigeria's epileptic power supply. Now on tour shall he understand?

4 Likes

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by cold(m): 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
Sigh
Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by brainpulse: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
This is how leaders should respond to national issues.

5 Likes

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by AntiWailer: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
I know Fashola is detailed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola by mile12crises: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
So you dont know the causes of epileptic power when you said......."fixing power doesnt require rocket science....i can fix it in 8 months"

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: Obasanjo’s Government Implicated, Executed My Father-In-Law / Ex-Minister Bello Maitama Yusuf Is Dead / 5 Things President Buhari Can Do To Regain The Trust Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.