Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? (25603 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by charmmy(f): 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
I graduated from the university last year, since then finding a job has been tough largely because i live in a small town, now a friend of my Dad, whom my Dad obviously trusts so much, because he is an Elder in his church is telling my Dad to let me come and live with him and his family in Lagos to continue my job search, now i am friends with this mans daughter, but i am skeptical, this so called elder is those type of men who hide under their status to perpetrate evil, he made passes at a young lady i know but he was rebuffed, he is kind of connected and he can help me get a job, but i am not sure he wont betray my dad's trust and start demanding the impossible.

So confused atm.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by sanyalai: 4:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
In my opinion, give it a try. When you get to that bridge, there's going to be a way to cross it. Just limit your friendly attitude with him and give a sharp response while still maintaining the respect. Also, while staying at his place, try to visit home at least 2ce in a month to reduce your availability during weekends.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Benjom(m): 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
From your assessment, the elderly man can't be trusted and since you look forward to getting a job soon, just stay there but be smart when trouble knocks. Just as Sanyalai advised, stay close to his daughter at all times and when she won't be around, stay away too. Once the man makes any infamous 'attempt' to woo you, just pack and leave. God will create a better channel of getting a good job for you. In fact you don't need to know any man to be connected but get to know the God that'll connect you to any desired job.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 5:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
"Start demanding undemandable/impossible that is not meant for him"

Car parked at owners risk.

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by ednut1(m): 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
Odikwa risky. Na dis kind man go tell u say am asking for common sex to help u. D ones u gv ur bf nd exes who he don help. At d end d man no go find u any job. He will collect ur documents u go dey happy den he makes d moves. Stay away from him o

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
You can go, but don't let him taste your punny more than once. A lot of these men cannot be trusted! angry

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by amicable09(f): 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
LastMumu:
You can go, but don't let him taste your punny more than once. A lot of these men cannot be trusted! angry
grin grin
You bad! Not more than once ke!

OP, no gree o. Go, but make sure you sleep with your panties on over a pair of jeans trousers cool
That's your weapon of 'mass' protection.

Good luck.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Marioplus(m): 11:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
Do you trust yourself with issues of sex-demand?
If yes, you can go
If No, just look for another means of getting a job or another place to stay!!!

11 Likes

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
amicable09:

grin grin
You bad! Not more than once ke!

OP, no gree o. Go, but make sure you sleep with your panties on over a pair of jeans trousers cool

Only the Nigga below is allowed to attempt the bolded. Don't get me angry! angry

[img]http://images7./469/thumb-350-469887.jpg[/img]

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by kanmi4u: 11:18pm On Mar 15, 2016
Give it a try and never slack in prayers

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by onyegwu(m): 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2016
Pls u dont need an advice on this one I beg! U sense fire and u still want to jump inside it. If he is well connected as u said u dont need to come live in his house period. A snap of his fingers u are phoned to come start the job. Enough of all these childish demand of advice. Ur case is jst like giving a rat fish to keep. A word is enough for the wise.

20 Likes

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by flokii: 12:30am On Mar 16, 2016
don't go if you're that holy & innocent... SIMPLE!

look elsewhere
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by sholay2011(m): 1:29am On Mar 16, 2016
flokii:
don't go if you're that holy & innocent... SIMPLE!

look elsewhere
Hummm...why doesn't this sound right?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Dahveydson(m): 6:29am On Mar 16, 2016
Op, keep your sights on your goal which is to get a job. All you know about this man is from hearsay, which could be sentimental. Go and if things aren't what you can handle, you return home.

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Craven: 7:28am On Mar 16, 2016
charmmy

I am not going to advice you to either decline the offer or agree to it. But I am going to tell you this: Most men are animals, and they see no problem in taking 'forcefully' what is not theirs. So it is not a matter of making your 'no' firm or giving sharp responses. It is a matter of seeing trouble and avoiding it entirely.

Now someone has told you to give it a try and never slack in prayers. I find this funny in a way because Nigeria is filled with the most religious people and it has remained one of the most corrupt countries yet. So all the prayers, where do they go?

The fact is this, most men in this country are animals. Say 'no' all you want, pray about it all you want, there are animals disguised as men in this country. Everyone knows this. You know this, and you've seen it. And why you still want to dine with the devil is beyond me. But do what you want, and good luck with whatever decision you make.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Dexema(m): 8:32am On Mar 16, 2016
babe if you don't shoot you don't score, go stay with that man with two things in mind.
1. you would rather return to your dad "complete " rather than dine with him.
2. immediately you get to town try reaching known friends via social media or a close pal once you get a job as regards plans for accommodation.

I wish you the best. ecclesiastes 11:4

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 16, 2016
I totally understand what ur trying to avoid. Nonetheless d issue of job search could be very frustrating n leaving ur small town for a place like lagos is in fact wat u should do, whether staying with this elder or with someone else. That being said, I think u should grab d opportunity n leave ur home to his on lagos. It's a good thing u knw this already so u don't need to b told when d signs begin n wat to do next.

I strongly advice u not only become friends with his daughter, but sisters. It will help when d time comes. Mk d move, leave for lagos to his house n like some said, when that happens, that's if it does happen, u'll cross d river.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by amicable09(f): 9:17am On Mar 16, 2016
LastMumu:

Only the Nigga below is allowed to attempt the bolded. Don't get me angry! angry

[img]http://images7./469/thumb-350-469887.jpg[/img]
Lol!
Get angry na! I am here to cool your temper. There will be no once for that man o, if she needs spiderman's costume, I will make it available.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2016
In my own words, first of all, mind how u dress bcs the way u dress is the way the man will address u. Secondly when he he wants to force himself on u, tell him u are on ur menstrual period and importantly always record ur discussions wit him to prove innocency

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by emmyw(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
You Have Not Tried Something Out And You Are Thinking Evil Already, The Man Is Yet To Ask For What You Are Thinking, And You Are Complaining Already, I Know That When You Even Get There, Your Mind Won't Be At Rest/Concentrate On What You Are Looking For(Job). You Won't Live With Him Forever, Spend Some Months With Them And Get What You Want, If The Man Make Any Move, Leave The House. Must You Bring Everything To Public Forum? You Are Not A Baby Anymore.

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by DBossNG(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by tojahh(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
I think the questions should be......

What's your morals on sex-related issues?
when he asked for it, can you stand it?
How's your sex-life? knowing well that this man "might" come up with trying to get you laid....

How often do you communicate with the daughter? how far is the location from your house (Boyfriend)?

Anyway, I think the problem will be solved when these are giving thoughts to.

Gracias!!!
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
charmmy:
I graduated from the university last year, since then finding a job has been tough largely because i live in a small town, now a friend of my Dad, whom my Dad obviously trusts so much, because he is an Elder in his church is telling my Dad to let me come and live with him and his family in Lagos to continue my job search, now i am friends with this mans daughter, but i am skeptical, this so called elder is those type of men who hide under their status to perpetrate evil, he made passes at a young lady i know but he was rebuffed, he is kind of connected and he can help me get a job, but i am not sure he wont betray my dad's trust and start demanding the impossible.

So confused atm.

Go stay with him
Avoid being friendly withhim but be polite
Don't joke around, no unnecessary smiles or the likes
Always make yourself scarce
When you are not searching for job, engage in some other projects. You could use the time to volunteer or learn a skill etc
Watch what you wear around the house
Avoid being alone with him.

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by thefakestan: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
charmmy:

So confused atm.
Confused Automated Teller Machine?

Anyway as long as you respect yourself and. stay focused, you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Emereolevanwill(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
haha.
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Dee60: 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2016
I cannot judge another man. It is possible that he means well. BUT....

If he is well connected let him get you interviews and go for the interviews. If that means staying over with his daughter for 2 days, perhaps its fine. Be watchful, so you dont end up as a 'domestic' staff for the man!

Have you been to the house before? Some houses are 'irresistible' for ladies.

Better play safe than bring upon yourself consequences that will cage you for many years to come. Find a sister to stay with!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Destined2win: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
Don't be too hasty to conclude
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
i dey come. Brb
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Xodiq(m): 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
If its Job you want ,do anything for it or else ......

1 Like

Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by nbright: 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2016
sad7 shocked
Re: Should I Do This All Because Of A Job? by Beehshorp(m): 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
I will not advice u to give it a try!! Cos u may go and destroy the bond with his daughter and his relationship with his family and urs..
Don't be the cause for spoiling a family.. If u know he is not a good man and he likes wooing girls better save ursef the stress and all the drama that may ensue from it by not going...look else where for a job and have faith in God

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test / Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate / Graduate Vacancy At IITA: Audit Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.