Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,834 members, 7,802,671 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports (27388 Views)

Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It / Dangote Opens One-stop Shop In Onitsha / Dangote Tomato Factory Reopens February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by wiseoneking: 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2016
Tycoflu:
One thing I like about this guy is his foresight in business and we Igbo's must emulate him by moving gradually away from importation and focusing on establishing industries to produce what we import.
Who are "WE" Igbos. Igbos are already in the Right track, even the largest tomatoe industry in Nigeria is own by an igbo man. There is no indegenously and locally controlled industry city than Aba and Nnewi. The only thing that is very important is that igbos should start relocating their industries that are in eko and elswhere back to the east. Dangote is one person but there are thousands of medium and small scale dangote of igbo stock. Ask Dangote why he is not investing in Igbo land, he knows that igbos without him are always capable to rule their world unlike other regions that are now in his palm because of his investment in their regions.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by wiseoneking: 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
obailala:
SOmetimes I just wonder the kind of paradise Nigeria would be if all the monies stolen by past and present leaders and stashed overseas were used to set-up businesses like this in Nigeria. undecided
there is never any paradise any where. The least corrupt Nations in the europe can testify that.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by id4sho(m): 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2016
Pwayne2016:
after spewing dis u come put God bless Dangote..For wetin??
y,wish someone well so it shall be well with you.
na jealousy go kill u. Hater

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by manie(m): 5:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
talk2odim:

Bragging or serious?

He is bragging.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by Chylo(m): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

He started by getting a loan of 500k as of 1995, that's more than today's 3 million
Give me 2 million loan and watch me compete with this man bumper to bumper in 6 years
.. . I can give u business proposal if u got cash to invest

Yeah, I have cash to invest. Let's hear your proposal.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by manie(m): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

He started by getting a loan of 500k as of 1995, that's more than today's 3 million
Give me 2 million loan and watch me compete with this man bumper to bumper in 6 years

I will advice you to first of all use your business acumen to turn 20k to 200k within 18 months or less and then turn your 200k to 2 million within 2 years and then try to compete with Dangote bumper to bumper in another 6 years.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by buskie13(m): 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

pls..I need a business proposal for just 2m naira..tnx
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by Chukzyfcb(m): 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
Erisco hs one of the biggest tomato plants in west-africa but his mistake was citing his tomato Plant in Lagos, Oregun ikeja to be precise. Dangote being smarter, located his @ Kano where there will be close contact with the farmers directly reducing cost of transportation.....just as chief erisco says his tomato are slightly expensive than the china imported tomatoes, Dangote says his are CHEAPER......So u see dangote bizness acumen? No be by Ibo man get sense, Dangote"s plan was way smarter than Chief erisco by just that location alone. With dangotes wide brand-name , I don't know how easy Erisco tomatoes will survive in the market.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by mrvitalis(m): 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
Chylo:

Yeah, I have cash to invest. Let's hear your proposal.
Please contact me on Petervitalis123@gmail.com
Let's talk better
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by mrvitalis(m): 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2016
buskie13:
pls..I need a business proposal for just 2m naira..tnx
Petervitalis123@gmail.com please contact me
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by apatuku: 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2016
austin2all:
Is seriously think it high time we had more than one dangote in Nigeria.
there are one thousand and one of people like dangote in Nigeria, just that he enjoy government favoritism than all other Enterprenur.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by Cyrus77(m): 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
One man doing what the gov is finding hard to do. the man should become the government(don't u think so?)
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by adamx23(m): 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
Erisco hs one of the biggest tomato plants in west-africa but his mistake was citing his tomato Plant in Lagos, Oregun ikeja to be precise. Dangote being smarter, located his @ Kano where there will be close contact with the farmers directly reducing cost of transportation.....just as chief erisco says his tomato are slightly expensive than the china imported tomatoes, Dangote says his are CHEAPER......So u see dangote bizness acumen? No be by Ibo man get sense, Dangote"s plan was way smarter than Chief erisco by just that location alone. With dangotes wide brand-name , I don't know how easy Erisco tomatoes will survive in the market.
exactly!!
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by blackprowler: 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
Since Nigeria is a failed state, the people are now gradually looking unto Dangote as the government to provide things for them. Just tell me if we had more Dangotes, big and small, in all areas of the country. Nigeria would have been much better. But people refuse to do, instead they all complain that government didn't do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by Johnnyessence(m): 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
the man we can see point to as the great entrepreneur in the world is Aliko dangote. i will always pray for him cos' he has conquered the poverty and the world.God bless you dangote. the man that employs frustrated graduate av come again to change things entirely. am really impressed am looking him patiently cos' as an entrepreneur u most be looking at someone that succeed in one thing and conquered the world with wisdom and hard work.i celebrate the richest black man of Africa.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by buskie13(m): 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
mrvitalis:
Petervitalis123@gmail.com please contact me
tnx
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by Acidosis(m): 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol

Adenuga has been trying that since the past 10 years, in spite his many streams of wealth. The probability that you will be as rich as Linda Ikeji in 30 years if given a N2m loan is slim.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by sam90s(m): 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
Pwayne2016:
after spewing dis u come put God bless Dangote..For wetin??
Thank Dangote for leading our path to self-sustainability in food production.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by mrvitalis(m): 11:27pm On Mar 16, 2016
Acidosis:

Lol

Adenuga has been trying that since the past 10 years, in spite his many streams of wealth. The probability that you will be as rich as Linda Ikeji in 30 years if given a N2m loan is slim.
Lol please cos u can't do something dont mean another man can't
The name is PETER VITALIS CHUKWUDI.. ... U will soon read about it
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by Acidosis(m): 11:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol please cos u can't do something dont mean another man can't
The name is PETER VITALIS CHUKWUDI.. ... U will soon read about it

Any man that dreams of turning N2m into Dangote's fortune in 6 years should be able to make N10m out of nothing in 2 weeks. Don't wait for loan, turn nothing into something and I'll believe your dreams.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by mrvitalis(m): 11:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
Acidosis:

Any man that dreams of turning N2m into Dangote's fortune in 6 years should be able to make N10m out of nothing in 2 weeks. Don't wait for loan, turn nothing into something and I'll believe your dreams.
I only said I would compete with him. .. Not match his wealth two different thing... more over I don't want to be as rich as him... . Nah I want cash I can spend in my life time
And please it doesn't work that way... But am presently working on something... Told u to mark that name
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by gformula: 2:49am On Mar 17, 2016
Kudos to our own Chief Otunba Oluomo Balogun Dangote One Man Batallion Omo kan to ju one million pikins. The tomatoes factory is so welcome but we also need indigenous rice factory. Make we stop this importation of rice to Naija mkt. Thanks.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by eromspete(m): 4:00am On Mar 17, 2016
Get in touch

mrvitalis:

Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by mrvitalis(m): 6:41am On Mar 17, 2016
eromspete:
Get in touch

Petervitalis123@gmail.com
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by swagifted(m): 8:13am On Mar 17, 2016
kokoA:
Dangote giving us cement, he wants to give us tomatoes now, by 2017 he will be giving us petrol. God bless Dangote.
not forgetting the flour , sugar and noodles.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by netinformat(f): 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

With today's 100k what kind of business will you propose for me
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by borntosuccess(m): 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2017
Acidosis:

u ar a wise man
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by Osinachi00(m): 10:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
mrvitalis:

Give me some business proposals I will work hard towards it.
Re: Dangote Opens Tomato Factory In Kano To Vie With Chinese Imports by JamesIkosong(m): 9:37pm On May 13, 2018
Dangote got it wrong here, he failed in his feasibility study.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians To Pay 5% VAT On Online, Internet Transactions January 2020 — FIRS / Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / Ifeanyi Ubah Visits Super Eagles Team At Their Base After AFCON Draw.. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.