Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria (29905 Views)

Breathtaking Waterfalls In Nigeria / Five Must-see Exotic Waterfalls In Nigeria / Pretty Lady Shares Inspiring Photos Six Weeks After A Traumatic Car Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Jovago: 11:30am On Mar 16, 2016

Magical, splendid and awe-inspiring are the sight of waterfalls in Nigeria. As water cascade from the rocks from calculated meters, the whole being of visitors are often arrested as the eyes shimmers with so much joy in appreciation of this incredible gift of nature. Most people never want to leave as they set up camp to have a lifetime interaction with nature. Its an experience that every Nigerian must have. These waterfalls cut across the country.

Checking out these waterfalls important now more than ever as the government encourages Nigerians to buy and patronize homemade services. It begs the question why some Nigerians prefer to go on vacation abroad rather than visiting the tourist attractions here where you are offered all round hospitality from accommodation to food and relaxation. In line with this, Jovago.com, Africa’s No 1 hotel booking portal rolls out five awe-inspiring waterfalls in Nigeria where you do not need to spend millions to visit!

The Agbokim Waterfall

Are you a Nigerian and you have journeyed round the world and never visited Calabar? You should pack your bags now, book the next flight and leave for Calabar. Why? Calabar is Nigeria’s Disney. In fact, when it comes to tourism and hospitality, Calabar possesses everything you want.

The Calabar carnival, Obudu Cattle Ranch and the amazing, amazing Agbokim Waterfalls are among the most priced possessions of the state! Agbokim Waterfall is regarded as the seven-wonders of nature because of the seven streams from which water flows. It sits comfortably in Etung local government and it is also in proximity with the Nigeria-Cameroon border.

The Gurara Waterfall

This pictures of Gurara waterfall on the internet are enough to convince you to visit this waterfall- “The waterfall is about one hour from Minna, Niger State. The sound is almost deafening with the water hurriedly splashing on the rocks below. The climb towards the fall is exciting. Navigating closer to the fall is adventurous but you to have good grip shoes because the rocks are wet and slippery. Do not go alone, come with your snacks and food to enjoy nature.” Gurara waterfall is located in Niger and it is an hour drive from Abuja. The Waterfall covers a length of 200 meters with a drop of 30 meters.

The Olumirin Waterfall

Osun State is a cultural hub in Nigeria. The Olumirin waterfall is an enhanced motivation to visit the state. It is located in Erin Ijesha in Oriade, local government area. You will be enchanted by the seven steps of rock and the seven waterfalls as it flows unhindered and majestically among the rocks and splashes downwards with massive force. It is a fascinating and picturesque scenery.

The Assop Waterfall

The Assop waterfall is located in Jos. It is a reliable place to have fun. You will not be disappointed as there is so much to do. Shrills of excitement will travel through your spine by the sheer sight of the waterfall.

Awhum Waterfall

The Coal City state, Enugu is where Awhum waterfall is tucked away. Specifically, it is located at Amaugwe village of Awhum town in Udi local government area. It cascade 30 meters downwards. It is an inviting and idyllic sight that beckons on everyone to visit. It is close to the Awhum monastery. In addition, the water is said to have some spiritual powers. Do not hesitate to have a peek at the Awhum waterfall when you are in Enugu state!

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Ayindesegun10(m): 11:32am On Mar 16, 2016
God is great. Take it or leave it. Wonderful sights.

*modified*

So this is how FTC looks like and some peeps will be shouting "FTC".. Meanwhile.

FTC. Hurraaaaaaaaaaaayyy.
Dedicated to everybody. Especially Adeola my crush. I love you but you don't know.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by mrbillz(m): 11:36am On Mar 16, 2016
Beautiful at every sight! Visited erin jesa earlier this year...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Macwytt(m): 11:38am On Mar 16, 2016
Buhari self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Ayindesegun10(m): 11:42am On Mar 16, 2016
Macwytt:
Buhari self
Your situation needs spiritual interferance

30 Likes

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Ayindesegun10(m): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2016
Macwytt:
Buhari self
Senseless post. Your brain needs to be re-serviced.

13 Likes

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Macwytt(m): 11:48am On Mar 16, 2016
Ayindesegun10:
Senseless post. Your brain needs to be re-serviced.

Look @u... Smh, xo u can't express your self without insults?

How old are you? Gerrraa of here

1 Like

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Ayindesegun10(m): 11:58am On Mar 16, 2016
Macwytt:

Look @u... Smh, xo u can't express your self without insults?

How old are you? Gerrraa of here
I'm old enough to know that your teeth is bigger than your brain.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Macwytt(m): 12:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
Ayindesegun10:
I'm old enough to know that your teeth is bigger than your brain.

Oga Titus really? undecided undecided

Kip shut... Mungo Park

2 Likes

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by SolexxBarry(m): 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
Lol,HE made everything beautiful smiley
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Ayindesegun10(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
Macwytt:

Kip shut... Mungo Park
Go in peace. I don't have your time.
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Ayindesegun10(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
Macwytt:

Kip shut... Mungo Park
Go in peace. I don't have your time.
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by HARDDON: 12:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
beautiful!

have u ever wondered why the falling water never dries up?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Patented: 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
The 2nd and 4th pic are both the same and they are both of Gurara falls.

1 Like

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by enigma2007(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
mrbillz:
Beautiful at every sight! Visited erin jesa earlier this year...

Did you climb? i got to Lvl 4 and i nearly died (i discovered that i wasn't fit at all) grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by mosho2good: 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2016
I met one small boy crying with two ten naira notes in his hand! I asked him why he was crying?" He said, the mother sent him to buy 10 naira sugar and 10 naira cowbell....But he has forgotten which of the 10 naira is for sugar and which one is for cowbell
I no fit laugh

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by MadCow1: 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2016
I have only seen the Assop Waterfalls..

Please God, bring us peace and Unity in Nigeria so we can all enjoy the beauty of our diversity.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by truthalways(m): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2016
Vb
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by lovelyjay: 3:58pm On Mar 16, 2016
Beautiful
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Johnrake69: 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2016
HARDDON:
beautiful!

have u ever wondered why the falling water never dries up?

Because God was the chief Architect

2 Likes

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by gabylzy(m): 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2016
Na only 9ja waterfall stil dey bring dirty water....... angry
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by rita25(f): 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2016
OP u used same pics for agbokim and gurara I catch you.....are u a liar? undecided by the way who Is that boy bathing in the water? doesn't he know the Gods will be angry?

1 Like

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by wilcox(m): 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2016
Nigeria, is blessed with nature but caused with bad leaders.
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by truthalways(m): 4:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
The tourism industry in Nigeria is in comatose. It needs a complete overhauling. That NTDC woman Mbanefo or so is a disaster and a shame, i wish Buhari would just sack the bi**h
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by rita25(f): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
that woman don wear Nigerian flag finish for her head? wey she go do her wrk?
truthalways:
The tourism industry in Nigeria is in comatose. It needs a complete overhauling. That NTDC woman Mbanefo or so is a disaster and a shame, i wish Buhari would just sack the bi**h
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Omotayor123(f): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
Beautiful!
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by kolas88(m): 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
what about Owu water fall in Kwara State?

1 Like

Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Nonsua30(m): 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
Oluwa dikwa Karid,,,,I adolf to you Irakamus Oluwa you too much.....
Re: 5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria by Stuntkid172(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
What of river niger.

I WAS UNDER THE SMOKE OF MY WEED. THAT WHY. IF U QUOTE ME BADLY NA THUNDER GO WELCOME U

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC Can Only Operate On FG Roads, Appeal Court Rules / Speeding Car Rams Into Billboard In Lagos, Catches Fire (photos) / Life In Oman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.