Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness (17678 Views)

EFCC Operative Stuck In Septic Tank As They Raid Alex Badeh’s Farm. Photos / I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness Tel / I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by NOC1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness Tells Court

Salisu Abdullahi, a retired air commodore, has told Justice Okon Abang of the federal high court, Abuja, that Alex Badeh, while he was the chief of air staff, “usually” instructed him to convert N558m to dollars and bring to his house.

Alex Badeh
The amount represented the leftover of funds meant for the monthly payment of staff salaries, said Abdullahi, who was director of finance and account of the Nigeria air force from October 2010 to December 2013.

Abdullahi, who is the first witness called by Rotimi Jacobs, the prosecution in the ongoing trial of Badeh, however, said that the instruction to convert the money to dollar was given to him verbally as it is custom in the military.

“We receive about N4bn monthly for the payment of salaries. Our total wage bill, when I was finance director, was above N2bn,” he explained.

“The balance of the money for personnel emolument was about N1.7bn‎. The sum of N558m was earmarked for the general administration of the chief of staff’s office monthly. The balance is proposed for disbursement to the units.

‎”‎In most cases the chief of air staff directs that the amount be exchange into US dollars and taken to the headquarters Nigeria air force camp‎. When this money is exchanged it is brought to me, and I take this money to the chief air staff at home- his official residence at Niger Barracks.

“As military officers we don’t request for any acknowledgment. In some cases, I do tell the finance officer to meet me at air house at Niger barracks with the money so that he can see when I hand over the money to the chief of air staff.

“The instruction to convert the money to dollar was not in writing. The chief of air gives many instructions that are not in writing. The instructions in writing are those requests forwarded to his office from the branches.

‎”When I came I met N120m earmarked for the office of the director of finance. It was part of the balance of personal emolument released monthly. But I rejected it. I asked that the money place under the control of the chief of staff for tours and visits, and other sundry issues.”
http://saharareporters.com/2016/03/16/i-usually-helped-badeh-convert-n558m-staff-salaries-dollars-witness-tells-court

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by SUPERPACK: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2016
t
Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by Pheals(f): 4:15pm On Mar 16, 2016
The converter and the convertee should be arrested

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by jaybanfa(m): 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Allah ya isa.. Loosely translated to God dey.. And yet there are local governments without electricity, primary healthcare facilities, etc.. That's just from the armed forces or rather the airforce..

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by Owoloku1: 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
This is greed and wickedness of the highest order!!!!

If he's found guilty I hope he gets over 300years in person.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
osedvgirl:
ok

Oga why are u using my friends pics as your profile picture? Pls delete them immediately!!!!!
@MOds stop all these scammers that are guys from using people pics!!!!

15 Likes

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 16, 2016
Thats why we have so many civilian soldiers.... soldiers who crave the civilian lifestyle build houses in civilian neighbourhoods and grow fat

5 Likes

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by AgentGoat: 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
I dey sense say na this badeh go firsr enter prison.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by TheNonce: 5:53pm On Mar 16, 2016
angry
osedvgirl:
ok

Ol boy Have you done what "lestat" said? Since you have been nabbed using false pictures!

Bloody scammer!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by Businessideas: 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
The revolution has started. Byebye to era of extracelestial hyper-perpetual injunction. Our Nigeria will be great again!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2016
I wish Baba Ijebu can host a game on the number of years this crooks will spend in jail. People will make large from the game.

I believe Badeh will spend nothing less than 20years in jail and most of his properties forfeited

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by vedaxcool(m): 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
When they are punished some sick people will come out and insist corruption is legal. When will they get it that gej was a curse sent to bankrupt Nigeria,? The sternest punishment must be meted on these thieving crooks. Dazz all

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by oduastates: 8:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
This is one just a case person stealing $3 million a month .
Most Americans and Europeans will stop working for life on a $1,000,000
Most do not have $2000 cash in their bank accounts

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by kennyman2000(m): 7:16am On Mar 17, 2016
Man wickedness to mankind!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by malton: 7:22am On Mar 17, 2016
Hmm

2 Likes

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by femmy2010(m): 7:22am On Mar 17, 2016
May God help Nigeria.
No wonder we are where we are today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by bigerboy200: 7:26am On Mar 17, 2016
The man was stealing millions when he was chief of army staff...he graduated into stealing Billions when he was appointed chief of defence staff.... so many Government officials are strikingly corrupt.. one begin to doubt if the war against Corruption can ever be won..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by seunmsg(m): 7:39am On Mar 17, 2016
He said, “Although, I cannot remember the figure each year, we received a little about N4bn monthly for the personnel emolument allocation account. However, our total wage bill as of that time was above N2bn monthly

This is why all the security agencies have refused to join the IPPIS scheme. The corruption in their current personnel payroll system is mind boggling and cut across all security agencies. Any arrangement that allows an organisation to have excess of over N1.6billion monthly is just crazy. How will corruption not flourish when such huge amount is available to play with?

Going forward, the PMB administration needs to urgently address this anomaly. Nigeria Army, Air force, Navy, police and civil defence must also be brought into the IPPIS to curb this kind of corruption. The current practice of giving them huge sums monthly for salary payment without proper audited records of the exact number of personnel must stop.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by Ijaya123: 7:39am On Mar 17, 2016
I can only say thank God GEJ was voted out.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by looseweight: 7:51am On Mar 17, 2016
Lolz

2 Likes

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by hardywaltz(m): 7:51am On Mar 17, 2016
Badeh thief

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 17, 2016
GEJ was a wise and true leader........ wink
PDP always apponted the right people for the right jobs........ wink
APC is a lying party....................... grin
Anyway....they are witch hunting Badeh, because he told the Americans that they were lying about UFO'S....

Corruption is wrong.

13 Likes

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by AlexCk: 7:51am On Mar 17, 2016
Thieves everywhere.
Come to think of it, All these "thieves", na during gej time dem do all these ,
Mehn, what the heck!?!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by amoduganja: 7:52am On Mar 17, 2016
r
Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by mindfreaks(m): 7:53am On Mar 17, 2016
goats only eats without thinking of the future for everyone good!

5 Likes

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by luvbeloved(m): 7:53am On Mar 17, 2016
Wow...this money for just a month can make the whole of my clan rich for the rest of our lives!...this people get mind sha!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by ikorodureporta: 7:54am On Mar 17, 2016
So i enta f.p..... I fit get 558 likes grin make i convert to dollars too undecided

...meanwhile, lassa feva still dey gari? As fuel no dey so, many tinz de happen. Man need to carry gallon go out everyday- incase u see fuel somewhere undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by AdemolaA2: 7:54am On Mar 17, 2016
Jonathan's administration was chop I chop administration. Good job by EFCC and the present administration uncovering the public funds' looters . I just hope these funds are recovered and judiciously spent on issues that matter.

15 Likes

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by thisisod(m): 7:54am On Mar 17, 2016
wow this is really interesting.check out for various building plans and their estimated cost of constructions.

1 Like

Re: I Usually Helped Badeh Convert N558m From Staff Salaries To Dollars, Witness by Adesiji77: 7:55am On Mar 17, 2016
Pheals:
The converter and the convertee should be arrested

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki’s Ally, Baraje Attacks APC / Yahaya Bello Receives Decampees In Kabba, Got Endorsed For 2019 – With Pictures / Abubakar Saleh Michika Was Owed N400m By State He Once Governed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.