Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) (22227 Views)

Suicidal Man Rescued In Lagos While Trying To Jump Into A Lagoon. Photos / BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials / Ekpan Grammar School, Delta Fight After WAEC Exam : Photo + Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by Blackberrybabes: 6:51am On Mar 17, 2016

A 15-year-old girl, Rita Clement was abducted by unidentified persons last Thursday while on her way to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos State. Her family members have expressed how they have not known peace of mind since the incident.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Clement, who lived with her relatives on Gboyega Kilo Street in the Ojodu Berger area, and had UTME registration number 65061660GJ, was to sit for the exam at 6.30am on that day.

Their correspondent, who obtained Clement’s examination printout, gathered that the examination
centre was the West African Examination Council, International office on Plot B, Lateef Jakande Road, Agidingbi, Lagos.

It was learnt that the teenager, who sat for her Senior Secondary Certificate Examination last year, had left home around 5.30am for Agidingbi.

At about 5pm, Clement sent a text message to her mother’s mobile phone, raising the alarm that she had been abducted and she did not know the location where she was taken to.

The matter was said to have been reported at the Ojodu Police Division on Friday and had been transferred to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Ikeja.

In the text message which Clement’s uncle, Emeka Orazulike, showed Punch, the teenager wrote that the abductors had seized her phone since morning and she only managed to write a text through someone’s assistance.

She wrote:
“Mummy, they took my phone and beat me up inside the bus. Mummy, I don’t know where they took me to. They made me sleep and said they will kill me if I ran. Someone gave me my phone, saying I must return it before they came back. Mummy, please save me, please.”
The uncle, who worked as a pharmacist, said it was through the text message that the family got to know that Clement was not missing, but abducted.

He said:
“Rita (Clement) finished from a college on Aina Street in the Ojodu area. She just concluded her SSCE; we then enrolled her for the UTME. Her father lives in Enugu.
“The examinations board gave her that Thursday, by 6.30am, to sit for her exam. She was to sit at a centre in the Agidingbi area. On that day, as I was preparing for work around 6am, she met and told me that she was set to leave for the venue.
“I gave her N1,000 when she told me the centre was at Agidingbi. She would use only N100 for transport. I then left for work.
“As I was coming back around 6.30pm, her mother called that she forwarded a message to my telephone. I then checked my phone and saw the scary message. I first went to the Area F Command, Ikeja, and was about making a statement when the Area Commander directed me to the Ojodu Police Division.
“We reported the matter on Friday at Ojodu, and the police there radioed other stations.”
Orazulike added that when they called the girl’s phone, it rang out on Thursday, adding that it had been switched off by Friday.
“She did sit for that exam. The abductors might have whisked her away in the bus she boarded on that morning. She was used to going out. When she wrote her WAEC, her centre was at Giwa Oke Aro, Agbado. She went there with her friends.
“That was why when she mentioned that she was going to Agidingbi for the UTME, I did not nurse any fear because it was just two bus stops from our area. If we knew that anything would happen, I would have taken her there myself,” he added.
The Divisional Police Officer in Ojodu took the family members to the SARS office, Ikeja, on Monday and the SARS commander assured them that he would detail his men to rescue the girl.

However, the family had yet to hear from the police as of Wednesday.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, had yet to reply to a text message sent to her phone on the abduction by Punch.

http://www.punchng.com/15-year-old-abducted-in-lagos-while-going-for-utme/

3 Shares

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by eleko1: 7:13am On Mar 17, 2016
sad Hope those hopeless pipu neva hide/ carry her go Kara for onward transfer to one Sanusi. No evil shall befall her

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by cckris: 7:16am On Mar 17, 2016
Investigators have to keep an eye on Emirs' palaces.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by seunlayi(m): 7:18am On Mar 17, 2016
God will intervene divinely

5 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by slap1(m): 7:30am On Mar 17, 2016
Lagos? I hope the Oba of 'Lagoon' has not joined the emirs. Anyway, let them search the palace of the Oba in Lagos before going to visit the emirs.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by carinmom(f): 8:57am On Mar 17, 2016
I pray she would be found soon.

2 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by RandomVic(m): 10:46am On Mar 17, 2016
I hope she never land for North ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by DaBullIT(m): 11:48am On Mar 17, 2016
God will protect you

2 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by Dinirojones(m): 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2016
NPF and their incompetent ways of handling issues undecided....they should have tracked that cell phone immediately the phone was ringing.....we still have a long way to go in this country...

Jus pray she's rescued safely IJN...... embarassed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by Pangea: 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
Let them go and search emir of zazzau bedroom o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by guywitzerogal(m): 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
Go to the north she will soon b converted

4 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by bettercreature(m): 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
I wonder why 15years old girl was allowed to go for a day Exam alone

Careless parent

Anyway its very sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by slap1(m): 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
Oba of Lagos? undecided

3 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by McBrooklyn(m): 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
Better Pikin angry
Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by Icon4s(m): 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
13-16 years old Christian girls are now endangered species in Nigeria.

We know where to go look for her naa.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
eleko1:
sad Hope those hopeless pipu neva hide/ carry her go Kara for onward transfer to one Sanusi. No evil shall befall her
cckris:
slap1:
Lagos? I hope the Oba of 'Lagoon' has not joined the emirs. Anyway, let them search the palace of the Oba in Lagos before going to visit the emirs.
You guys should make good use of your brains for once....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by tuscani: 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
These are the kind of stories that should make Buhari to cry, not some news that some un verified amount of money was missing.
Please let us all join hands in prayer and any way we can to save this situation

4 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by BUSHHUNTER: 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
Adonbilivit

Someone call her bf

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by kaziblake(f): 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
May God protect her and help her
Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by hensben(m): 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
Fear north errmm not.. Na so bible talk.

3 Likes

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by rawtouch: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Gods protection I pray

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by kennyman2000(m): 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by mohaMADbuari: 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
Rush down to the Sanusi's or emir of Bugudu palace before they man-handle and impregnate her.

Shameless virgin seekers can no longer wait for their promised imaginary virgins in paradise.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by Kaylexzy(m): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
Dinirojones:
NPF and their incompetent ways of handling issues undecided....they should have tracked that cell phone immediately the phone was ringing.....we still have to go in this country...

Wishing her safe recovery...... embarassed

Track ke? NPF sabi track? undecided

U expect too much from dis folks I guess..

BTW, safe recovery ke? shocked

1 Like

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by henrydadon(m): 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
oh lord we call untou..pls bring her back safely..remove her family from this misery

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by OBTMOS(m): 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
M
Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by OpinionLeader: 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
cckris:
fcukking boi! grin grin Which of them - Emir of Zauzzau or Emir of Kano?! grin

This is a serious matter though and everyone of us should be bothered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by BE811APP: 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
Nawa oo

I dear for the girl child oo...

I pray she gets found!
Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by nike4love: 12:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
We all know where to find under aged missing girls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-Year-Old JAMB Candidate Kidnapped In Lagos While Going For Exam (Photo) by olaniyanblog: 12:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
Insecurity everywhere sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

56 Bandits Responsible For Kaduna Killings Arrested (photos) / 5 Dancers Killed As Driver Rams Into Revellers At New Year Party / Keke Napep Rider Goes Unclad As Police Demands N5000 For Bribe In Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.