Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened (921 Views)

Lady Smoked Sisha While Wearing Contact Lens, And This Happened / 'I Went To Libya To Get Free Treatment But This Happened' - Nigerian Man. Photos / This Fat Man Lost Weight, And This Happened To The Shape Of His Head Too (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by jennyswt(f): 11:34am On Mar 17, 2016
Good day all. I've always read good stories about the wonders of shea butter especially in fading stretch marks. So I decided to try it out on my thighs n butt. (NB:I only have a few lines of stretch marks on my thighs. I guess I just wanted it to b flawless). So I researched about it n only found positive tales and testimonies from people. I didn't see no side effect or allergy o. In fact, I wouldn't have believed if someone tells me it can have side effect cos of the way people praised it. So I abandoned my cream and commenced using shea butter last yr Dec. After about 3wks,i broke out in hives. Very itchy. I ran to the hospital immediately cos I don't joke with my health and the doctor initially thought it was an infection. After the test he found out it was an allergy. He prescribed loratadine. I still have the hives after taking it. I now bought benadryl ( an OTC drug). I can't deny the fact that there were some positive changes anyway but I can still see those ugly scars from the hive and it itches too. I don't know if anyone have experienced a similar allergic reaction due to shea butter, pls should tel me how you cured yours completely because I'm really uncomfortable with the itches and it's very embarrassing.
Re: Help!!! I Abandoned My Lotion For Shea Butter And This Happened by DonaTee(f): 9:12pm On Mar 17, 2016
Maybe it was adulterated/mixed wit something.
Can u show pix of d allergy?

(1) (Reply)

When Peachaid Medical Initiative Brought Laughter To Tudun Wada Community / Science Discover A Plant That Cures Hiv, Fights Diabetes And Cancer, / Benefits Of Fruits In The Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.