Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers (26121 Views)

Rivers Rerun:Asari Dokubo Storms Abonnema To Protect PDP's Votes(pics( / Rivers Rerun: Court Disqualified PDP Candidate, Not INEC - REC Says / Court Restrains Wike From Sacking 23 Lg Councils In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by ionsman: 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2016

A Rivers State High Court sitting in Port Harcourt on Wednesday restrained the Chief of Defence Staff, the Brigade Commander of Amphibious Brigade and the Chief of Army Staff, from deploying military operatives for the re-run elections.

In a ruling delivered by Justice George Omereji in a suit filed by the PDP Chairman, Bro Felix Obuah and the PDP, the Court ordered: “That an order of interim order be made and is hereby made restraining , Chief of Defence Staff, Chief of Army Staff, Brigade Commander, 2nd Amphibious Brigade, whether by themselves, their agents, servants, officers and operatives or privies from interfering with the applicants right to freely participate in the government of Nigeria either directly or through free chosen representatives, threatens to arrest, harass, intimidate, torture , incancerate the applicants and their members during the rerun elections for the State and National Assembly on 19th March, 2016”.

The Court based its judgment on the judgment by the Appeal Court in the case between the APC versus and others in 2015 detailing the non involvement of the Army and the Armed Forces in elections.
Justice Omereji ordered that the PDP has the responsibility to serve the judgment on the Military for them to comply.

“That Leave be and is hereby granted the applicants to issue and serve the originating motion of the jurisdiction of this Honorable court for service on the Chief of Defence Staff, Chief of Army Staff and the Brigade Commander of Second Amphibious Brigade and INEC at the Federal Capital Territory, FCT,” Justice Omereji said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/rivers-rerun-court-restrains-military-deploying-soldiers/

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2016
grin THE THE COURT OF THE LAND KEEPS FIGHTING FOR US(PDP), Buhari LOST IT WHEN HE SAID THE JUDICIARY IS CORRUPT. LEGALLY, WE HAVE WON THE ELECTION, BUT COME SATURDAY THE **OO* OF APC SUPPORTERS WOULD FLOW wink

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by SeverusSnape(m): 12:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
The plans of Buhari, Amaechi and their horde of rigging zombies won't work in Rivers.

I trust the people of Rivers. They will go to the polls and massacre APC once more.

"Rivers State is PDP's birthright, and we will do anything to keep it that way" - Truckpusher, 2015.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Tokety7: 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by SeverusSnape(m): 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
grin THE THE COURT OF THE LAND KEEPS FIGHTING FOR US(PDP), Buhari LOST IT WHEN HE SAID THE JUDICIARY IS CORRUPT. LEGALLY, WE HAVE WON THE ELECTION, BUT COME SATURDAY THE **OO* OF APC SUPPORTERS WOULD FLOW wink
We shall put the final nail in the coffin of APC and bury it once and for all in Rivers. It doesn't end there, we shall send the coffin to the hottest part of hades, because according to the Christian Bible, That's where liars belong.
We don't need the Almajiri people's Congress (APC).

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by bettercreature(m): 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2016
Kangaroo court!

I dont think there is a real court in that lawless state

16 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by mynd1(f): 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
Arrant nonsense. So until Thugs finish killing people abi I trust PMB na,dis judge just wasted his ruling for nothing. Mtcheww.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by SeverusSnape(m): 12:38pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tokety7:
grin grin grin
Demdem stop laughing, You and I know you don't like this news, So tell me how many polling units the lying party will win.

You'll be shamed come Saturday. PDP is Rivers and Rivers is PDP.

33 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Tokety7: 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
In a ruling delivered by[size=15pt] Justice George Omereji[/size] in a suit filed by the PDP Chairman, Bro Felix Obuah and the PDP, the Court ordered:

Only a fool will expect an order from a judge who is known to be on wikes payroll to be obeyed. Let obuah go chase them himself.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by ionsman: 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
This mushroom judge is wasting his time. If my memory serves me right,I think there was also a similar court injunction preceding the 2015 general elections but that didn't stop soldiers from being deployed because there was public outcry due to insecurity.

The security situation in Rivers state is volatile. So, I don't think this can stand else it will be a field day for cultists,thugs and militants.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
SeverusSnape:

We shall put the final nail in the coffin of APC and bury it once and for all in Rivers. We don't need the Almajiri people's Congress (APC).
HOW ON EARTH IS IT POSSIBLE FOR APC TO WIN RIVERS STATE undecided, IT IS A TABOO AND I AM SO CONFIDENT THAT PDP WILL KILL IT.
I ALSO THANK GOD FOR SOCIAL MEDIA, AS THEY ANNOUNCE THE RESULT ITS GOING ONLINE, JUST AS IT HAPPENED IN EKITI. I PARTICIPATED IN THE ELECTION, AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLAYED A MAJOR ROLE SAME AS BAYELSA. CHEERS BRO TO VICTORY COME SATURDAY.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by codedguy1(m): 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ameachi and Dakuku opening their mouth to say it is their turn to rig using the military and they think they will get away with it.

Reckless utterances like that will get them no where.

they don't even know that even if APC wins all the seats with the help of the military, this reckless talk is enough for tribunals to upturn the wins.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Tokety7: 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
ionsman:
This mushroom judge is wasting his time. If my memory serves me right,I think there was also a similar court injunction preceding the 2015 general elections but that didn't stop soldiers from being deployed because there was public outcry due to insecurity.

The security situation in Rivers state is volatile. So, I don't think this can stand else it will be a field day for cultists,thugs and militants.

u dey mind these fools. military not going anywhere, infact they are currently increasing their deployment. if anyone arent comfortable with it, they should withdraw from the elections and go report to UN. Arseholes....
Can u imagine...........Omereji again...........Rubbish.

15 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Aufbauh(m): 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
Why are they running to the court for injunction? I thought they have militants and thugs to match the army.
Exercise in futility! MOPOL & DSS loading........ cheesy moreso the court cannot stop the military from performing it statutory roles.

12 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2016
bettercreature:
Kangaroo court!

I dont think there is a real court in that lawless state
BUT YOU HAVE ONE IN BORNO STATE undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by SleekMallam: 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
The lone paper lion of APC---Amachi will still have his military drawn from his parallel government.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Tokety7: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

HOW ON EARTH IS IT POSSIBLE FOR APC TO WIN RIVERS STATE undecided, IT IS A TABOO AND I AM SO CONFIDENT THAT PDP WILL KILL IT.
I ALSO THANK GOD FOR SOCIAL MEDIA, AS THEY ANNOUNCE THE RESULT ITS GOING ONLINE, JUST AS IT HAPPENED IN EKITI. I PARTICIPATED IN THE ELECTION, AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLAYED A MAJOR ROLE SAME AS BAYELSA. CHEERS BRO TO VICTORY COME SATURDAY.

Jokers.......who is announcing which result in polling unit? was results ever announced in polling units in the election that brought wike? u are in for a shocker. grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by LesbianBoy(m): 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
[s]
mynd1:
Arrant nonsense. So until Thugs finish killing people abi I trust PMB na,dis judge just wasted his ruling for nothing. Mtcheww.
[/s]

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by bettercreature(m): 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

BUT YOU HAVE ONE IN BORNO STATE undecided
Insurgency is differ to a lawless state
Beside you hypocrite won't compare it if Buhari decide to declear state of emegency in river state today

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by SeverusSnape(m): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

Exactly my able comrade, Any fool who believes APC will win election in Rivers should also believe PDP will win election In Kano or Katsina.

We shall celebrate come Saturday.

9 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tokety7:
In a ruling delivered by[size=15pt] Justice George Omereji[/size] in a suit filed by the PDP Chairman, Bro Felix Obuah and the PDP, the Court ordered:

Only a fool will expect an order from a judge who is known to be on wikes payroll to be obeyed. Let obuah go chase them himself.
BUT THE ARMY, DSS, INEC AND POLICE ARE ON THE PAYROLL OF GMB cry

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tokety7:

u dey mind these fools. military not going anywhere, infact they are currently increasing their deployment. if anyone arent comfortable with it, they should withdraw from the elections and go report to UN. Arseholes....
Can u imagine...........Omereji again...........Rubbish.

after all the military deployments in Bayelsa what happened? those ragtag armies that cant even stand Tompolo's boys!!! PDP will clear the polls on Saturday no matter what you do

12 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Tokety7: 12:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

BUT THE ARMY, DSS, INEC AND POLICE ARE ON THE PAYROLL OF GMB cry

yes ke.....the same way they were under jonah-daft which wike used to secure his seat.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
same order was given before Osun and Ekiti election

10 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tokety7:

Jokers.......who is announcing which result in polling unit? was results ever announced in polling units in the election that brought wike? u are in for a shocker. grin grin grin grin
LETS WATCH AND SEE, YOU ALL SAID MORE THAN THIS DURING THE ELECTION HELD IN BAYELSA tongue

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Tokety7: 12:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
chukwudi44:

after all the military deployments in Bayelsa what happened? those ragtag armies that cant even stand Tompolo's boys!!! PDP will clear the polls on Saturday no matter what you do

Only gullible eediots will compare Bayelsa with Rivers. Even ur killer members here know the truth. Go suuck Kanus cocck.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Tokety7: 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

LETS WATCH AND SEE, YOU ALL SAID MORE THAN THIS DURING THE ELECTION HELD IN BAYELSA tongue

Refer me to where i ever commented on Bayelsa election and i will be convinced that u are indeed the son of ur father.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tokety7:

yes ke.....the same way they were under jonah-daft which wike used to secure his seat.
THEN WHERE IS THE 'CHANGE'? HE SHOULD HAVE USED 'REVENGE' AS HIS CAMPAIGN SLOGAN AND NOT 'CHANGE'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
chukwudi44:

Buhari will never smell asorock ~chukwudi44 Feb 2015

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by modath(f): 12:48pm On Mar 17, 2016
Is it not the same Judge Omereji of the "which kain tinz" ?? Rivers court Jesting?

when did he become a federal high court judge? cheesy

http://www.riversjudiciary.com/judges/hon-justice-g-o-omereji/

All in all, hope peace reigns in Rivers, some of us get relatives there!!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by SeverusSnape(m): 12:49pm On Mar 17, 2016
Tokety7:

Only gullible eediots will compare Bayelsa with Rivers. Even ur killer members here know the truth. Go suuck Kanus cocck.
Demdem, why are you angry na? grin

Bayelsa is child's play compared to Rivers and you know it, We ready for una.

We will all be here by Saturday, Innit?

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Rerun: Court Restrains Military From Deploying Soldiers by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:49pm On Mar 17, 2016
Obiagelli:
same order was given before Osun and Ekiti election
WE WANT 'CHANGE' AND NOT 'PAYBACK TIME' undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Minister Of Power, Fashola Visits Aba (Photos) / Lagos Eases Curfew, Movement Now 8am To 6pm / Keyamo: Tinubu Already Speaking To Nigerians, Granting Interviews Not Compulsory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.