Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

The Mute Slave - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Mute Slave (2292 Views)

Memoir Of A Sex Slave [struggle For Survival] / The Mute Slave (finale) / How Male Blacks Were Sodomized By Gay White Masters, During The Slave Trade Da (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mute Slave by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2016
It had been raining for seven days straight, in Ilueru village. Abike hated that she had to go out in the rain to look for food for her family. But, she doubted there would be any game for her to kill.
Ilueru was a border village in the kingdom of Ibiyowa. Ilueru literally means ‘the town of slaves’. Although, all the villagers were freemen, they were all ridiculously poor. Even when the skies were clear, the villagers found it difficult to eat three square meals in a day. They were in the part of the kingdom were nothing grew. There were no antelopes to hunt, it was so bad that if a hunter found a bush rat in his trap, he would end up sacrificing it to the gods for thanksgiving.

Abike was eight when her father died of an unknown illness, leaving her mother alone with two children. She could not stand the sight of her mother wallowing in self pity and complaining about how she had take of two children alone. So, she took up her father’s profession as a hunter, against the advise of all the elders in the village. She’d been at it for eight years and had gotten better at hunting as the years flew by.

As she walked by,she used her cutlass to cut down the stubborn grass that had grown over the path in the last seven days. She couldn’t believe her luck when she got to her father’s farm and found that her trap had just caught a bush rat. She was overjoyed, she used her small knife to put the animal out of its misery. She was not going to foolishly offer the animal as thanksgiving sacrifice, the gods didn’t need it but her family did. And to think that her mother had tried to stop her from going out in the rain because the witch woman had said the rain was a bad omen.

“Mother, you won’t believe my luck today. My trap had just caught an animal when I entered father’s farm.” She announced as she entered their hut.

Her mother and sister who was only two years younger than her jumped up from their mats; they had been lying down when she entered.

She handed to the game to Anike, her sister. “Start a fire inside so we can cook the meat.” she said, since it was obvious they could not cook outside.

Her mother embraced her, despite the fact that she was drenched. “You should have been born a boy” She said, with a smile on her face.

“I thought you said it was too dangerous to go out in the rain, because the witch woman said so. Or should I offer it to the gods for to thank them for the animal?” Abike asked jokingly. And they all laughed.

“Let me get you a dry wrapper, your clothes are soaking wet.” Her mother offered.
That night, they slept peacefully after a wonderful dinner. But, their sleep was interrupted.

They heard villagers screaming and they rushed out to see what was happening. At first, Abike thought that the Bale, village chief had died. Since he was very old. But, when they got outside, they realised they were under attack.

Episode 1-6 now available on the blog. Link here
https://aminatawastories./2016/03/17/the-mute-slave-1-6/
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
“Your majesty, something is going on in the second Queen’s chambers.”

Queen Niniola rolled her eyes and looked up from the basket of beads she was admiring. “Idunnu, how many times have I told you to stop bringing useless gists to me? What Oyepeju does in her chambers is none of my business.” Niniola reprimanded her maid.

“I’m sorry your majesty, but I think it is important you know that Queen Oyepeju has just acquired a new slave.” Idunnu continued stubbornly.

Niniola dropped the beads in her hands angrily. “What is your problem? So because that child bought a new slave, I won’t hear word again. It’s like you don’t have anything better to do with your time.”
Plus continue at https://aminatawastories./2016/03/18/thr-mute-slave-7/
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
“Your majesty, you sent for me. I hope all is well?” Olakunle asked, as he entered his sister’s hut.

“I think that child that His Majesty married is unto us.” Niniola said, without much ado.

Olakunle took his seat on a small stool in the room, although Niniola had not offered. He knew his older sister too well. In the forty years she had reigned as the mother of the kingdom, she had never been so insecure.

“What makes you say so?” he asked.

“Oyepeju bought a dumb slave, why would she buy a dumb slave if it is not spy on us?” Niniola could no longer contain herself, she stood and began pacing her hut.

“Calm down Your Majesty. Like you said, Oyepeju is a child; she has not experienced this kind of wealth before. So...
Plus continue at https://aminatawastories./2016/03/20/the-mute-slave-8/
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
“Mother, you sent for me” Adeniyi said, as he entered his mother’s hut. But, he was greeted by silence. He came out of the Hut, and found a maid wandering.

“You! Where is Her Majesty?” he asked.

The maid quickly fell to her knees as soon as she saw The Prince. “She’s under the big tree.” She answered, with her head bowed.

“Why did you leave her chambers unlocked, what kind of maid are you? Where are the other maids?” He asked.

“They are with Her Majesty”

Adeniyi shook his head in annoyance, “I don’t know why Her Majesty surrounds herself with indolent maids.” He hissed, before he made his way towards the centre of his mother’s compound, where the big tree was.

“I own you now, if I
Continue at https://aminatawastories./2016/03/25/the-mute-slave-9/
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
“Do you know where I can find the new slave, the one that cannot speak?”. Ogunbiyi asked one of the palace guards under his command.

“My lord, that girl is very popular; everyone seems to be looking for her.” The guard answered with a stupid grin, it was an honour for the commander to speak to him.

“Answer what I asked you!” Ogunbiyi commanded.
https://aminatawastories./2016/03/28/the-mute-slave-10/
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
Abike made her way through the trees angrily. Dende had told her to go on her own to prince’s Hut as he ran after a palace maid. It was past Slave’s curfew, how would she explain herself if she was caught by a palace guard.

She sighed as she approached the prince’s compound. It was completely empty, there were no guards or maids around. She had been too angry to consider why the Prince had called for her, but the absence of guards and maids around the Prince’s Hut aroused suspicions.

The lamp in Prince’s Hut burned brightly; the Prince was still awake. She approached his Hut with caution and silently prayed for the mercy of the gods.

“Mother, Uncle, don’t you think it’s rather too late for a visit?” Adeniyi asked as he looked from Niniola to Olakunle.

“We have to leave the palace now!” Niniola answered with a tone of urgency.

Continue here https://aminatawastories./2016/04/01/the-mute-slave-11/
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
“Yes! yes! I can speak, I’ll explain later. Right now, you have to check on the King.” Abike nodded and answered with a tone of urgency.

“What are you talking about?” Ogunbiyi asked as he released the tight grip he had on her arm.

Abike told him everything she had heard outside Prince Adeniyi’s Hut as quickly as she could.

Ogunbiyi ran into the king’s Hut and truly the king had died in his sleep. He ran back out and rang a bell alerting all the Palace guards in the surrounding. First, he had to get the second Queen and her son to safety. He didn’t have much time. The rebels would be upon them in any minute, and they were experienced and brutal fighters, who also possessed dangerous charms. The Palace guards were no match for them. But, he had to try his best to keep the palace safe.

“I have to get Queen Oyepeju and her son to safety, they would be the first to be killed. But, I also have to stay and protect the palace.” Ogunbiyi said to Abike who followed him about as he walked about trying to mobilise the Guards.

“Leave the Second Queen and her son to me, I know a place where they will be safe.” Abike answered.
https://aminatawastories./2016/04/04/the-mute-slave-12/
Re: The Mute Slave by AustinBlinks(m): 7:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
Miss Aminatawa, I'm loving this.

1 Like

Re: The Mute Slave by Jaytoy(f): 7:21am On Apr 05, 2016
Pls update more.... Ur posts are too short and take years.. Nice story anyways

1 Like

Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
Jaytoy:
Pls update more.... Ur posts are too short and take years.. Nice story anyways
I'm so sorry about that I'll try my best to update faster
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
AustinBlinks:
Miss Aminatawa, I'm loving this.
thank you
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Two more episodes to go, thanks for being patient with me.

“I’m not going in there with you.” Oyepeju shook her head fearfully. Abike sighed, she was tired of Oyepeju’s complaints. If only Oyepeju knew that it was the promise Abike made to Ogunbiyi that kept her alive.

“Your Highness, if you want to live long enough to see your son seated on the throne, you’ll have to follow me.” Abike answered and entered the opening that was already closing. Oyepeju and her maids managed to enter before the tree closed up finally.

Inside the tree was a different and peaceful world entirely. The peacefulness and serenity of the place overwhelmed Oyepeju and her maids immediately. Abike was used to it, the place had become a home to her in the past weeks.

“Where is this place?” Oyepeju asked as she admired greeness of the grass and the abundance of the trees. She had always thought that Palace was the most beautiful place in earth, but this world was paradise. It was home to nothing but trees of different heights and sizes. Yet, the richness and beauty of the place overwhelmed her. And, made her wonder how such a beautiful place could become hers. Surely, if this place was part of Ibiyowa then it also belonged to her son as the rightful heir.

“Stop it, this place is not yours to claim.” Abike said with disdain.

“You can hear my thoughts?” Oyepeju could not hide the surprise in her voice.

“Loud and clear” Abike answered without looking back.

“But how can you…” Oyepeju began, but was interrupted by the appearance of...
Pls continue at https://aminatawastories./2016/04/08/the-mute-slave-13/
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
I know you guys are mad at me for taking y his long to post. But, I must apologise to you again. I'm still learning. 14th episode is out on the blog now, I'll try my best to upload the final episode sooner than I usually do.

Oyepeju paced the small room she had to share with her maids. She was not sure what way to direct her thoughts because the so called ‘initiated’ could hear her. But, a lot of things occupied her mind. She wanted to know how Abike could suddenly speak, she was curious about the woman they had met earlier, She was nervous about the fate of her son if the palace fell.

“Your Highness, you need to relax.” One of her maids said calmly, she was not sure if her mistress heard her or not. But, she knew it would be unwise to repeat herself. She turned her attention to the little Prince instead.

“Iwadayo has returned, but I’m afraid she has bad news. The rebels have taken over the palace and they have rounded up all the priests, soon Adeniyi will be crowned king and we must not let that happen.” The Mother addressed them.

Oyepeju did not know how the others felt so comfortable around the Mother who could only be heard but not seen. It freaked her out. But, more than that she could not let Adeniyi sit on the throne. It belonged to her son. She had lived a life of suffering before she became Queen. Royalty was hers and she would not let it go, not after everything she had done to get it.

“Mother, what about…” Abike began

“Do not be bothered, Iwadayo brought him back, he is badly injured but it’s nothing we can’t handle after all we did give you back your tongue...
Please continue at https://aminatawastories./2016/04/14/the-mute-slave-14/
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
FINAL EPISODE
Oyepeju’s death did not surprise anyone not even her maids. She should have taken the initiated’s warning to stop thinking bad thoughts. Abike only felt pity for her son, the boy could not even recognise his mother yet. She found herself going to visit the boy everyday, the innocent child was now in the care of his mother’s two maids.

The hour was almost upon them. It was time to stop the coronation. It was time for her to get her revenge. The Mother had provided them a three-person army. Abike and Ogunbiyi were a little worried at first but, they remembered that the initiated were not ordinary people. Three initiated soldiers equalled a million mortal soildiers.

Niniola paced her chambers, something made her uneasy but she could not point it out. No matter what happened, the coronation must take place. She had waited so long for it to happen. She had to make sure it happened. She stopped pacing, she knew exactly what she had to do.

Please continue at http://www.aminatawastories.com/2016/04/17/the-mute-slave-15-final-episode/
Re: The Mute Slave by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hello ATS Readers,
This is to officially inform you that I have officially inform you that I have purchased the domain for my blog (www.aminatawastories.com) All my posts have been transfered there and subsequent posts will be put up there.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might cause. It's all in the bid to serve you better.
Thanks for reading Aminatawa Stories.
Aminatawa.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Essay Competitions / Guilty Pleasure / [story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.