Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:55 AM

Meet My Monkey Friends - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet My Monkey Friends (2181 Views)

Monkey Drinks Codeine Syrup In Delta State (Video) / Monkey Pulls Down Woman’s Top In Thailand, Exposing Her Boobs (Photos) / Monkey Adopts Chicken As They Become Inseparable In Israel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2016
My monkey friends. Closest relatives to us humans.

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
Feeding monkeys is considered a holy duty for Hindus . Its not compulsory but it gives us good Karma.

Also Monkeys are personifications of the Lord Hanuman. Especially the Indian Langur. (This is the Indian Macaque tho).

Macaques are generally found dwelling in many temple premises. Even abandoned ancient ones.

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2016
So nice bro. Pls do you have them here in Nigeria and is it true what they say that mamoset monkey's are the best pet monkey's.
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
Other animals must be shown compassion because they are dwindling in numbers and most of all because they are INNOCENT. Like a small child.

They deserve our respect . Whether it be monkey , snake, tiger or dog. When you show compassion to animals they reciprocate and dont harm you. Over the ages we humans have shown only violence towards animals which have made them hostile towards us.

3 Likes

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
In my village. Monkey steal a lot of our coconuts and palm fruit. But we dont kill them. Max we might throw stones at them or scare them with sounds , etc.

Because they are a part of our eco-system.

We dont even harm snakes. Sometimes pythons come and sleep on the top floor of our ancestral home. We just leave them because they are essential for destroying rats which destroy our rice fields. Pythons and Cobras are both essential to farmers.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 9:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
This monkey snatched all my breakfast by force. It took all the fruit, cereal etc. But i did not kill it. Because I know I belong to civilization and the Gods will provide me with meals in the future.

Also it was an alpha male and its leadership was required for the survival of its tribe.

It is me who has encroached on the land of the monkey. Not the other way around. He is just taking back what is rightfully his.

1 Like

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
Remember the story of Daniel and the Lion. Even the bible you converted folks follow teaches you how Daniel saved the lion from agony by plucking a thorn from its foot.

When the Romans fed Daniel to the Lions during the christian persecution by us Pagans ..the Lion did not attack him.

Remember Daniel

Sorry my mistake .that was Androcles not Daniel. In the Pagan legends of Aesop. My bad.

Remember Androcles

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2016
Our Pagan Traditionalist ancestors .. be you African or Native American or Chinese. They taught us to respect nature. Not to hunt pregnant animals or female animals with dependent young. Not to hunt totemic animals, etc. Why was that? Because they respected nature, the Creator Force's rich bounty.

So the oyinbo colonists termed us animists.
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 9:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
Bubewilson:
So nice bro. Pls do you have them here in Nigeria and is it true what they say that mamoset monkey's are the best pet monkey's.

No . Indian Macaque's are available only in India.

Never keep wild animals as pets.

It is wrong and a sin.
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
IndianBwoy:

No . Indian Macaque's are available only in India.
Never keep wild animals as pets.
It is wrong and a sin.
ok thanks for the info.
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 9:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
No wahala
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by osesology(m): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2016
IndianBwoy:
In my village. Monkey steal a lot of our coconuts and palm fruit. But we dont kill them. Max we might throw stones at them or scare them with sounds , etc.

Because they are a part of our eco-system.

We dont even harm snakes. Sometimes pythons come and sleep on the top floor of our ancestral home. We just leave them because they are essential for destroying rats which destroy our rice fields. Pythons and Cobras are both essential to farmers.
Mr Indianbwoy, I dont care what you say, snakes are my enemies anyday, anytime, anywhere. I have been killing them and I will continue to kill them whenever and wherever I see them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 10:49pm On Mar 17, 2016
osesology:

Mr Indianbwoy, I dont care what you say, snakes are my enemies anyday, anytime, anywhere. I have been killing them and I will continue to kill them whenever and wherever I see them.

*shrugs*

Thats ur karma.

But humans can be worse enemies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2016
Lalasticlacla... Meet indianbwoy best friend
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by Qaisar1: 11:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
Used to love monkeys. Yeah! Before the Ebola saga.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by Baroba(m): 5:42am On Mar 18, 2016
In Nigeria, those monkeys would have turned pepper soup.. We respect nothing in this Country, when harmless animals are hacked to death for the fun of it..

2 Likes

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 6:30am On Mar 18, 2016
Baroba:
In Nigeria, those monkeys would have turned pepper soup.. We respect nothing in this Country, when harmless animals are hacked to death for the fun of it..

What is the reason for this behaviour

Is there a shortage of food in Nigeria, when compared to India or is it the culture or what?
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 6:30am On Mar 18, 2016
Qaisar1:
Used to love monkeys. Yeah! Before the Ebola saga.

Again human consumption.

Humans cwuse their own trouble.
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by doingood: 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
Op.
1. Are u in Indian or in Nigeria
2. Are u from Indian or Nigeria
3. Answer the 2 questions 1st then we'll move on to 3. Thank U
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by Qaisar1: 1:59pm On Mar 18, 2016
IndianBwoy:
Again human consumption.
Humans cause their own trouble.
Consumption?.. A touch is enough to contract ebola
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
doingood:
Op.
1. Are u in Indian or in Nigeria
2. Are u from Indian or Nigeria
3. Answer the 2 questions 1st then we'll move on to 3. Thank U

1.Neither.
2.Indian.
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
Qaisar1:

Consumption?.. A touch is enough to contract ebola

Not from animals tho. Not sure.
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2016
I'm not surprised.
Well, what about the Tigers that hunts your people down as food and you/they still worship them. Haa! Extremely hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2016
Enypie:
I'm not surprised.
Well, what about the Tigers that hunts your people down as food and you/they still worship them. Haa! Extremely hilarious.

Ues the tiger is also a sacred diety among our people. It is a forest spirit. Every once a year we paint our bodies as tigers and dance in front of households.

Also killing tigers in India can get you many years in jail and hefty fines coz they are endangered. And India's National Animal.

Tigers are confined to protected forest reserves where humans are forbidden from entering although people do illegally.

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by Menace2Society(m): 5:48am On Mar 19, 2016
Nice thread!

1 Like

Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 6:33am On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks jawe
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by doingood: 7:39am On Mar 19, 2016
So if u're from India and u've not leaved in Nigeria, how come u understand Nigeria language. 'Oyinbo' how did u know that
IndianBwoy:
Our Pagan Traditionalist ancestors .. be you African or Native American or Chinese. They taught us to respect nature. Not to hunt pregnant animals or female animals with dependent young. Not to hunt totemic animals, etc. Why was that? Because they respected nature, the Creator Force's rich bounty.
So the oyinbo colonists termed us animists.
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 8:08am On Mar 19, 2016
doingood:
So if u're from India and u've not leaved in Nigeria, how come u understand Nigeria language. 'Oyinbo' how did u know that

Coz oyinbo comes from "Onye Ibo" coz they says Ibos are light skinned. I dunno ooo
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by doingood: 8:03am On Mar 21, 2016
How come u understand Ibo?
Guy u de shot ur self the more
I smell......
Re: Meet My Monkey Friends by IndianBwoy(m): 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
doingood:
How come u understand Ibo?
Guy u de shot ur self the more
I smell......

All na Chukwu Abiama blessins.

Knowledge is power my friend.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. / Advice Needed:i Need A Dog For Security Purposes / Is This Truly The Evolution Of Pigs ? (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.