Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome (5361 Views)

"Slay Queen Syndrome" Term Paper At Nigeria Defence Academy / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding / Angry Woman Stages Bizarre Protest Completely Unclad In Brazilian Town Pics(18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by TheSonOfMark(m): 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2016
I started reading a novel yesterday -Sydney Sheldon's "ANOTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT. A good novel with a captivating plot but that's not the point.I was captivated or intrigued by a certain character ( NOELLE PAGE.
).

Ms. Page was a beautiful damsel of about 18 who ran away from home after she was physically abused by her father who _pimped her out to her father. Long story short, she met and fell in love with an American soldier who jilted her after promising marriage. She found out she was pregnant.

Now, people, what's going through your minds? She either keeps the baby or abort it, right? Two straight-forward options.

Here's where it even gets more intriguing: She decides to keep the keep the zygote till it's fully-formed. She wanted it to have a life, to become an individual -a baby- before she'd abort it. Her logic: "I want to keep this baby till it takes the form of Larry (her lover), name it Larry before it is born then kill it to hurt my ex-lover". and

A woman so scorned and bitter that she'd endanger her life after the third month of pregnancy to kill the baby just to get back at her ex who's a thousand miles away and doesn't even know she's pregnant. Imagine what she'd do if she ever meets him again.

Noelle Page's story isn't peculiar. There are a lot of women with anger issues out there.
I mean, you meet a beautiful woman. You both hit it off from the very first "hi". You both begin to develop feelings for each other. What's more? She's faithful and homely. In your head, you're like, "I have found her. THE woman"...Then reality hits you in the face like a gust of wind in the middle of April.

For some reasons, you've not called like you used to in recent weeks or you seem less enthusiastic about her calls or messages which is unusual. Maybe she gives you an impromptu visit ... She somehow concludes you're not into her anymore or, worst still, there's another woman involved. She probably has noticed you've been getting more attention from some females... "IT'S OVER BETWEEN US! IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU WHEN I WANT YOU THEN WHAT'S THE POINT?". She probably throws a little more tantrum. You manage to put a lid on your temper. Weeks later, you get an apology from her when she finds you're innocent of her accusations. Everything seems normal but you know it's going to happen again.

I've heard stories of girlfriends destroying gifts they bought for their boyfriends 'cause they feel they're being cheated on. Sometimes women screwing around with the friends and friendly acquaintances of their men, not for money, but because they feel the men aren't being faithful.

Years ago, in the outskirts of my city, a man was lynched because a scorned woman accused him of being a thief when she thought he'd cheated on her. She watched him burn to ashes but she confessed days later.

I think jealousy isn't necessarily bad but what it pushes one to do really matters.

As a matter of fact, now when I am really interested in a dating a female, I'd deliberately piss her off then gauge her reaction(s). If she handles it maturely by talking things out with me, then I go ahead but if she doesn't? Well, you already know.

There've been stories of scorned girlfriends/wives harming their men physically which, in hindsight, could have been avoided. The signs are always there. Just be discerning enough to notice them.

So, guys, how did/would you handle women with anger issues whom you dated/are dating? Faithful, homely women, that is.

Women ,how do you tame your roaring flames ?

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
I will juz shut down myself...I think this is better..they said, less talk less mistake..but it doesn't mean I stil want to work out the relationship...when I'm done,I'm done..I don't need further explanations from my ex. cool

1 Like

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by McCarlito(m): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2016
Remind me to comment later
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2016
It's usually because of Victim mentality.

When a normal person feels wronged, they look for ways to prevent themselves from being wronged in the future. they usually blame themselves for being so stupid. OR, they don't even blame anyone. sometimes, things happen and you can't do anything about it. maybe he's just not into you anymore. you can't . . . even he, can't control his desires and emotions a lot of the time.

A Professional Victim on the other hand, you DON'T want to anger them. they will refuse to take any blame of any sort. and they will keep thinking of how bad you are, how evil you are, eventually, it consumes them, they start to view the person as evil and devil incarnate, and the longer they go, the more darker their thoughts become towards that person. which is why they lash out in such ridiculous ways.

I advice women in general to abandon victim mentality. He is NOT responsible for your problems. sure, he may be a dick, but you be the better person. once bitten, twice shy. don't sit around thinking about how "wrong" it is for you to have been bitten.

I advice guys to avoid women who have victim mentality. it's often obvious. they are often dependent and irresponsible. they often talk about their exes as if they're someone from the underworld, they often react badly when you make them slightly pissed.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
Involved in one now,am thinking of a way to run away!
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Synzu(m): 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
grin
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
I am not the angry woman.

But, on 'rare' occasion where I am, all I need is to be left alone. Just let me get it all out. Dont say nothing, just agree at the time even if you don't necessarily agree. Don't use instigating words (or fighting words), don't offer solutions. Nothing. Just zip it or at least offer consoling words or empathetic words (but even still one must be careful)

The way I see it, if I am ablaze, I need fuel or flammable material to keep it going. Often times, I sizzle out quite quickly if no one provides flammable material/fuel.

This is how my parents marriage has lasted over 30 years. My father has got it down to science. When my mother goes off, he keeps total silence that you can hear a pin drop. And, God have mercy, my mother loves to rattle on.....LOL. More power to my dad really.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Dklef(m): 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2016
hmmm, women
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
Xiadnat:
I am not the angry woman.

But, on 'rare' occasion where I am, all I need is to be left alone. Just let me get it all out. Dont say nothing, just agree at the time even if you don't necessarily agree. Don't use instigating words (or fighting words), don't offer solutions. Nothing. Just zip it or at least offer consoling words or empathetic words (but even still one must be careful)

The way I see it, if I am ablaze, I need fuel or flammable material to keep it going. Often times, I sizzle out quite quickly if no one provides flammable material/fuel.

This is how my parents marriage has lasted over 30 years. My father has got it down to science. When my mother goes off, he keeps total silence that you can hear a pin drop. And, God have mercy, my mother loves to rattle on.....LOL. More power to my dad really.

That's the point, isn't it?

Your dad has stayed put all these years 'cause your mum has learn to put a leash on her outpourings and stopped herself from becoming violent. She supposedly hasn't shredded those colourful ties she got him for Christmas, filed for divorce or stormed out of her home at the slightest provocation.

Your dad's confident that she doesn't let her emotions get the better of her rationality. He would have erred her countless times and he still would but he knows she's got her back.

A lot of women do not possess that attribute of hers. Countless women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Cutehector(m): 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2016
She can rant all she want. When she tired, she shuts up. cool
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
Teempakguy:
It's usually because of Victim mentality.

Which makes them selfish, somewhat.

"You don't make me happy. You don't care if I am happy ". What rule states a man is suppose to make her happy? Does she even bother to check if he's happy.

I've heard women say stuff like, "I like you. You make me laugh and happy". I bet everytime we men here that, we always say, "...But you don't necessarily make me laugh..." albeit we say it to ourselves.

emekamigo:
Involved in one now,am thinking of a way to run away!

What if her fears are well-founded? What if you do not really attend to her emotional needs even though she gives you here
all?

Then again, what if she thinks, in a twisted kind of way, it is romantic? You know, the princess is upset and storms out and later the prince apologizes with flowers in hand while they kiss and makeup.
I think talking it out with her is the first thing to do.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by jayloms: 4:04pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hmmm.

Female folks are a unique set of beings and would less often get physical when they're angered or when they're in a hot blooded argument.

Usually, if it is the type that doesn't dish out pi rants, then, silence would be your best defense. It doesn't mean the guy is weak in this stead rather it shows how much self control he has over his emotions (ladies are weak in this regard, even the quiet once will drop your jaw when they snap and they do snap pretty quickly too cheesy)

Now, if she is the type that dishes out pi rants (by this I mean never ending, to be continued when you return, kinda rants) then she may have some deep seated anger or psychological issues; help is certainly needed here. I can't be holed up in a relationship with this category of ladies - nah!! undecided

There's also the category that rants and get physically abusive in the process. You always have to pray to God to take control whenever there's a misunderstanding between d both of you. I've seen some in this category. For me na to call off d relationship before ppl start asking if I'm 40yrs old, no time for stress.

But broda cry d one I fear d most, na d one wey nor dey show d anger, she simply records each wrong for the day of reckoning. This category is hard to detect, you'd only find out when you stand before heaven or hell giving account of how you lived your life on earth, just because she couldn't take no more. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice one smiley
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is how you handle them

1 Like

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
Not all women have whatever syndrome you talked about. Depends on personality. Just like there are calm women, there are those that have the tendency to be violent. So, it depends on the ones you meet.

Now, women are naturally mild natured and very sensitive beings. When it comes to love, they love with every fibre of their being, with everything they've got and expect that love to be reciprocated. And when they hurt, they hurt very deeply, as deep as they love.

When the one they love so much should do something to hurt them, they go through through a lot of emotional pain. They can't just understand why someone whom they love so much and who espectedly loves them back would do something to hurt them. It's like the ultimate betrayal, and they'd want to do something that they'll hurt him as much as he hurt them. This is where some women get it wrong by going to all sorts of extremes just to inflict the same pain on the man. In some cases, the love they once had turns into hatred. Now, this is where we get labelled as "angry women" with anger issues.

Men on the other hand react a different way. They tend to move on more easily, they are more straight forward and simple minded. And not as emotional as women. Hey, we're just wired that way.

If your significant other gets angry very easily over mundane issues, that is when she can be labelled as angry or temperamental. If she's the kind that throws tantrums over little issues, that's when you have an angry woman on your hands.
That's the difference between an angry woman and a scorned woman.
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

"You don't make me happy. You don't care if I am happy ". What rule states a man is suppose to make her happy? Does she even bother to check if he's happy.

I've heard women say stuff like, "I like you. You make me laugh and happy". I bet everytime we men here that, we always say, "...But you don't necessarily make me laugh..." albeit we say it to ourselves.

What if her fears are well-founded? What if you do not really attend to her emotion needs even though she gives you here all?
Then again, what if she thinks, in a twisted kind of way, it is romantic? You know, the princess is upset and storms out and later the prince apologizes with flowers in hand while they kiss and makeup.

You are kinda genius- an intelligent advice.But I found out that we are not compatible,though married for about a year.Her likes and mine are different and she gets annoyed at every little issue.
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 18, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

What if her fears are well-founded? What if you do not really attend to her emotion needs even though she gives you here all?

You are kinda genius- an intelligent advice.But I found out that we are not compatible,though married for about a year.Her likes and mine are different and she gets annoyed at every little issue.
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by wristbangle: 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
It's very difficult to relate/deal with someone (be it male/female) with anger issues.

Normally, there is this notion that opposite pole attracts and also two wrongs cannot make a right.

For instance, your girlfriend flares up at any slightest issues and you keep playing "good boy" just to calm the situation. A day is coming when you will also loose your temper and there goes two rage lions facing each other.

My point exactly is, if I am dating a lady with anger management issues but find no other faults in other areas, I will definitely keep cool with her and try to find out what stirs this anger in her (maybe she is from a broken home, perhaps she has been molested before and other things) and after doing the necessary counselling therapy but she refuses to change, I may have no choice than to end the relationship. It's better to break up than to marry a temperamental lady. Such marriage will be like hell.
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by kristen12(f): 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2016
I make myself cry to sleep when I'm angry. And it works because when I wake up the anger would have reduced. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by lezz(m): 1:03am On Mar 19, 2016
Most beautiful women have anger issue than the plain or average Jane!

Beautiful women are exploited often for their looks and beauty and rarely for their soul or humanity.

Their beauty outshines their temperament and perceivable deportment. Most men would love to date them for pride or sex or ego statement!!!

It takes a while but sooner they get to know that their beauty is sought after like precious stones to be sold off in the free market of social validation and endorsement.

They grow resentful , angry , overly suspicious and very vengeful!

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by ba7man(m): 1:33am On Mar 19, 2016
As she rants I search for the nearest exit and I'm gone like no one has ever been gone.

When I return and she resumes..... I'm gone again for a longer period this time.

I'll keep doing that till she calms down and is ready to talk.

*sigh*... If only that man in the news recently that got murdered in his sleep by his wife in Ibadan was like me, she won't even see me to stab, she'll only hear jist about me that they saw me drive past.

I love my peace of mind.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 19, 2016
Thats actually true Op

The second para , totally get .. Yes but what if she gets angry like shouting ranting without being aggressive i.e smashing bf stuff, hitting etc

But is it not normal for women to express themselves and also show emotion even tho its anger ...

The ones that dont show and keep it in till after marriage isn't that more dangerous as then the man doesnt even know what his got himself into .. At least if she gets mad the guy can know if wow i love her even more or Nooe she gats to go smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by joseph1832(m): 9:42am On Mar 19, 2016
Every being has emotions. I've always maintained that, how well we master our emotion(s) will always work for us.

Simple put, a woman who gets angry will always be put down. I'm one who doesn't tolerate nonsense, especially when she is getting angry over irrelevant things.
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Jadekitana(f): 10:49am On Mar 19, 2016
Love,relationship is all over rated. Find someone,be friends with them,have s3x,understand that person and attach no strings. You can always walk out when it's all boring,i personally don't see any reason why you should get stuck with someone for years if u ain't married,doesn't it get boring? If and when i'm finally ready to get trapped,i'd just pick an ex and do a beach wedding with 5persons in attendance,both parents and the priest after which we tour round the world. Life is too short to be bored with someone,especially a violent psychopath who can't tame his feelings. Don't nag around me,its just gonna push me away to the next hardcore person who suits my personality.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by zubinike(m): 10:55am On Mar 19, 2016
Jadekitana:
Love,relationship is all over rated. Find someone,be friends with them,have s3x,understand that person and attach no strings. You can always walk out when it's all boring,i personally don't see any reason why you should get stuck with someone for years if u ain't married,doesn't it get boring? If and when i'm finally ready to get trapped,i'd just pick an ex and do a beach wedding with 5persons in attendance,both parents and the priest after which we tour round the world. Life is too short to be bored with someone,especially a violent psychopath who can't tame his feelings. Don't nag around me,its just gonna push me away to the next hardcore person who suits my personality.

Sometimes I wish everyone have this idea in their head. Make sense

1 Like

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by zubinike(m): 11:09am On Mar 19, 2016
Fabulocity:
Not all women have whatever syndrome you talked about. Depends on personality. Just like there are calm women, there are those that have the tendency to be violent. So, it depends on the ones you meet.

Now, women are naturally mild natured and very sensitive beings. When it comes to love, they love with every fibre of their being, with everything they've got and expect that love to be reciprocated. And when they hurt, they hurt very deeply, as deep as they love.

When the one they love so much should do something to hurt them, they go through through a lot of emotional pain. They can't just understand why someone whom they love so much and who espectedly loves them back would do something to hurt them. It's like the ultimate betrayal, and they'd want to do something that they'll hurt him as much as he hurt them. This is where some women get it wrong by going to all sorts of extremes just to inflict the same pain on the man. In some cases, the love they once had turns into hatred. Now, this is where we get labelled as "angry women" with anger issues.

Men on the other hand react a different way. They tend to move on more easily, they are more straight forward and simple minded. And not as emotional as women. Hey, we're just wired that way.

If your significant other gets angry very easily over mundane issues, that is when she can be labelled as angry or temperamental. If she's the kind that throws tantrums over little issues, that's when you have an angry woman on your hands.
That's the difference between an angry woman and a scorned woman.

I somehow liked the way you started your reply....saying not every woman have the syndrome..u should narrow it to yourself and not every woman hurt. What makes u angry another could rejoice from it.and what u find funny could actually be crazy to others.
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by ireneony(f): 11:14am On Mar 19, 2016
Thesonofmark telling us abt angry woman syndrome when himself is a maniac.
what an ironygrin

4 Likes

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by ireneony(f): 11:17am On Mar 19, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:
This is how you handle them

wow! Is this how your dad handle your motherundecided

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
BumBae:
Thats actually true Op

The second para , totally get .. Yes but what if she gets angry like shouting ranting without being aggressive i.e smashing bf stuff, hitting etc

But is it not normal for women to express themselves and also show emotion even tho its anger ...

The ones that dont show and keep it in till after marriage isn't that more dangerous as then the man doesnt even know what his got himself into .. At least if she gets mad the guy can know if wow i love her even more or Nooe she gats to go smiley

When I know I've erred her, I've got no problem with a woman bellowing at me as she doesn't get verbally and/or physically abusive and she's willingly to let me make a case for myself.

She can sulk all day or remain incommunicado FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS and I'd understand...as long she doesn't cross that line of civility.

By the way, if you goad a woman enough , she'd show her true colours.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
ireneony:
wow! Is this how your dad handle your motherundecided

She wasn't an Angry Bitch_ so there was no need for that...I dont fvck Angry Bitches_ either so I haven't resorted to that and I never will cus I live in a civilized society but the Apes in Africa would have a field day using this tactic
Re: Dealing With The Angry Woman Syndrome by firstking01(m): 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
Brother man grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Understand This And You Can Get Him Commited And Submissive: Ladies Come In!!! / This Is Not Photo Shop / Can I Get Married? I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.