Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB (20005 Views)

FG Bars States From Bank Loans / Bukola Saraki Has 'iftar' With Kwara Citizens / Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" (2) (3) (4)

Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by ijustdey: 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The Code of Conduct Bureau has said there is evidence that the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, while governor of Kwara State between 1999 and 2007, obtained huge bank loans and paid back the loans with funds belonging to the state.

The bureau alleged that Saraki used the bank loans running into billions of naira to acquire landed assets in Lagos, Abuja and London.

The Bureau said it gathered the information from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission which conducted investigations into various petitions written against the Senate President between 2010 and 2012.

The CCB’s position is contained in a counter-affidavit deposed to by one of its operatives, Peter Danladi, in opposition to a fresh motion filed by Saraki to challenge the validity of the 13 counts of false assets declaration instituted against him before the tribunal.

Danladi stated, “That I was informed by Mr. Yahaya Bello, an operative of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in our office on March 14, 2016 at about 11am and I verily believe him that:
“The EFCC received various petitions against the defendant/applicant between 2010 and 2012 alleging acts of corruption, theft, money laundering etc.

“The EFCC conducted its investigation of the various petitions and made findings which showed that the defendant/applicant abused his office while he was Governor of Kwara State and was involved in various acts of corruption as the governor of the state.

“The defendant/applicant borrowed huge sums of money running into billions from commercial banks, particularly Guarantee Trust Bank and used the proceeds of the loan to acquire several landed properties in Lagos, Abuja and London while he was Governor of Kwara State.

“As against the defendant using his own legitimate income to defray the loan, he took public funds running into billions from Kwara State Government and lodged same in several tranches and in cash into his GTB account in GRA, Ilorin, Kwara State.

“The defendant/applicant’s account officer in GTB confirmed that the defendant/applicant gave him several cash in government house to lodge into the account and in some occasions, the defendant sent his aides from government house to give him the cash for lodgment into his account.

“When EFCC submitted its report to its legal department and the Federal Ministry of Justice, the Federal Ministry of Justice formed the opinion that the offences revealed from the investigation, particularly as they relate to the properties acquired by the defendant/applicant while he was Governor of Kwara State and various monies sent into his various accounts outside Nigeria can be better investigated and prosecuted through the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal.

“The Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation then sent the findings and the evidence gathered during investigation by the EFCC as a complaint to the Code of Conduct Bureau for investigation and that the operative of EFCC would collaborate with the officers of the bureau for effective investigations.”

http://www.punchng.com/saraki-repaid-personal-bank-loans-with-kwaras-funds-ccb/

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
not enough to persecute him undecided

if amaechi can use rivers money to sponsor pmb, why can't saraki use kwara money to sponsor his bills?

some hypocrites would fire back at me, how can you support your own criminal(amaechi) but when i support my own criminal(saraki), you begin to condemn me.....

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by SeverusSnape(m): 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2016
My comment from the other thread.

SeverusSnape: I'm not a fan of Saraki, But the double standard of APC SUPPORTERS is nauseating.

When Saraki decamped from PDP and joined APC, He was hailed as a progressive.

When he was going about campaigning for/with Saint Buhari, He was called a general of common sense. I remember him going to the Chatham house with Buhari to deliver one phony speech, and taking pictures.

When he used looted funds from Kwara state to bankroll Buhari's campaign, he was called an agent of change.

When he delivered Kwara state to APC, He was showered with praises, was called a "Hero of democracy".

But when he clinched the seat of Senate president against the wish of some power brokers like B00HARI, Tinubu the okpolo eyes, That's when they remembered he is a corrupt guy. All of una dey crase.

No zombie can dispute the above facts.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by psquaret: 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
Jail him if you find him Guilt and stop telling us what he do. i m tired of hearing all them shit. Are you telling us to so that we will give you permission ? well if that is what u looking for i have given you the go ahead. Jail him and lets see what my brothers who love corrupt leader will do. they might set our Beloved country on fire or maybe give another Ultimatum that has no ending date.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by TippyTop(m): 4:29pm On Mar 18, 2016
Talking of loans, has Buhari repaid his own loan?

Buhari owns the largest 419 franchise in history.

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by Originality007: 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by siraj1402(m): 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
Gobe

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by GothamLuke: 4:31pm On Mar 18, 2016
So when is he going to jail?

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Another Anti Corruption Series that will ended without a conviction.
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by otemanuduno: 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2016
Okay. Saraki abi na seriki dem dey call you, kip it up you hear. Abeg who needs 20k monthly make every check my signature joor?
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by davodyguy: 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
If he should go free, I'll give up on Nigeria.

Again, don't compare him with Tinubu. Under GEJ, the CCT had no strong case/evidence against him. But those against Saraki are damning

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by seunlayi(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
why the witch-hunting is it just because he is not the party favorite for the position?

what about the other APC members that were also looters then?

is it that there sin has been forgiven because to jump to APC?

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 4:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
SeverusSnape:
My comment from the other thread.

Amen to that

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
summary please?
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by sammyj: 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
This information only confirms Saraki as one of Nigeria most alleged biggest corrupt politician and hope the common sense Scam Senator Maurice Bruce will still continue to use his common sense to follow Saraki all throughout his trail period!!! shocked cool

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by nasty45(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
There are many of em that did this... Why make Saraki scape goat?? Y'all irk me

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by rapistbuhari: 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
Why did it take them this long to realize all this.

So because he refused to carry out the bidding of Tinubu and the ineffectual giraffe in Aso rock, he has been penciled down for demolition.

Fight against corruption my ass

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by olaskul(m): 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
Saraki is a Gunner... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by donsteady(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
I really don't understand Buhari and this is fight against corruption. If you really want to fight corruption start from your circle. Where is Jagaban? Amechi? Ali modu sherif ? Lucky the Edo guy? IBB? Obasanjo? Where is Fash ? Where is that Kaduna Mafia El Ruf or what that his name. Fight corruption if you want to and stop running an errants for Jagaban.

All Nigerian politicians are corrupt.

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by Sasuwa(f): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
Pls is saraki the only corrupt politician why FG are all over him but i know 2016 yambudget will not be passed and cct shall drag the case till 2020

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by bolt000(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
i see him going free cool
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by McCarlito(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
Saraki is as innocent as every Nigerian politician

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by gen2briz(m): 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
Make them save us all this tori and do the needful jare....
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by Ratello: 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ole buruku......this is how they will be rolling out his many sins gradually for all to see and whip up sentiments against him even from his homefront and afterwards the FG go for the jugular because by that time his remaining popularity would have waned. I don't see Saraki surviving this....shiit just got messier with this 419 dude. Plan B had just been rolled out and its time for EFCC to wade in. Saraki is toast!

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by DBossNG(m): 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
The country needs both spiritual and physical cleansing.
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by McCarlito(m): 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by Abeyjide: 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
saraki has a lot of issues to answer and am still immagening how such person will be heading the senate.EFCC will soon bring up his case and @ the end he will be disgrace at the end of the day.
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by lilprinze: 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Has buhari also paid the loan he borrowed to obtain his nomination form

Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by afoo02(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Jail this man I beg
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by Alasi20(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by rattlesnake(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ode
Re: Saraki Repaid Personal Bank Loans With Kwara’s Funds – CCB by chidiandre(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2016
am doing my nysc in kwara....no wonder kwara is a shitty state...

43 Surrendered Boko Haram Terrorists Airlifted For Deradicalization(photos) / Okorocha: INEC Gives Update On Court Orders / Pictures From PDP Rally At Tambuwal LGA In Sokoto