Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,441 members, 7,781,289 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:50 AM

Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) (25597 Views)

Couple Who Met In Ebonyi NYSC Camp 4 Years Ago Set To Wed (Photos) / Two Ex-Corpers Who Got Married While Serving In Ebonyi Welcome Baby Boy (Pics) / Female Corper Donates Borehole To Akwa Ibom Community (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Timbuktu14(m): 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2016
daveyjay:
Na rich corper be that nah, person wey no qet money chop fit do am??!
Na business strategy bros grin grin Watch and see how much he gets back in return wink I still commend him though... He did well.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Certifiedboss: 6:58pm On Mar 18, 2016
megawax8:

A National Youth Corps member Okeke Stanley Chima has been conferred with the chieftaincy title of Ozo Ogbenye 1 of Igbudu-Ekka community for sinking a borehole in Ezza North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.

Chima also stocked a library at the Community Secondary School, Nkomoro in the council.

Chima said the projects were part of his Community Development Service (CDS), a core part of the NYSC.

He said the initiative was informed by a need to solve a problem as he saw it upon his posting to the community. Chima said the need became an obligation considering that he was accepted and cared for by the people.
He added that the only way he thought he could impact on their lives was through such projects. He urged the benefit-ting communities to continue to extend the same hospitality showed him to other Corps members that would be posted to the area.

Daisy Girl Foundation, a Lagos-based non-governmental organisation whose cardinal objective is to support the development of future national and world leaders, sponsored the two projects.

Mrs Marilyn Maduka, the founder of the foundation said they identified with the Corps member because his CDS initiatives were in tandem with the core objective of the foundation.

She said the foundation was interested in developing education and values especially in the girl-child in Nigeria and beyond. She urged the communities to make use of the projects as the foundation would visit in near future to inspect and do more projects for them if they could maintain the existing ones.
In their remarks on behalf of Igbudu Ekka, the community Head, Mr Ogbaigbo Emmanuel Ugbala and the youth President, Ogwale Matthew who lauded Corps member and the Foundation said the new borehole has ended the scarcity of water hitherto facing the community.

They said the project was going to unite the people more and prayed God to reimburse them in double fold. The Principal of community Secondary School(CSS) Nkomoro, Mr Ugama C. C, who commended the Corps member and the foundation said the library was the first of its kind since the establishment of the school in over two decades.

He said the Library would inculcate reading culture in the students and pledged to ensure judicious use of the library.

The member representing Ohaozara East state constituency, Hon. Augusta Udeh who commissioned the projects said he was impressed to be associated with such laudable achievement and thanked the Corps member and the Foundation for the humanitarian services. Hon. Udeh appealed to the community not to discriminate among themselves on the use of the borehole just as she admonished the students and teachers of CSS Nkomoro to make proper use of the Library.

The state Coordinator of NYSC in Ebonyi state who was represented by Mr Kingsley Ndukwe commended the Corps member for the initiative and urged other corps members to emulate him. Highlight of the event was the distribution of items such as clothes, beverages, shoes, cream, etc to widows and other villagers by Daisy Girl Foundation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/corps-member-honoured-donating-borehole-library/

He did it cos the people were nice to him . I served at Ebonyi , Afikpo north to be precise . Then they sell bag of pure water to me for 120 and they sell to their people for 100 . It was after about 8 months I got to discover it . They collect nepa bill even when you dont see light . Are those the kind of people to do project for ?
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Neyoh90(m): 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
...and a governor with more than enough resources will be commissioning similar project. Fayose shame on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by seangy4konji: 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
And some senators no build 1 single borehole till them leave office.

Well done bro.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2016
He didn't tell us his source of income...
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by pillarmaria(m): 8:05pm On Mar 18, 2016
daveyjay:
Na rich corper be that nah, person wey no qet money chop fit do am??!
That's not true, we graduated together from futo, he is just an ordinary guy with a big heart. He has been like that right from our first year as Altar servers in futo.

1 Like

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by amtaken(f): 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
Congratulations future Governor.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by PublicAssurance: 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
[size=18pt]Y cant you all emulate this guy instead of wasting your time on NairaLand eehhn?[/size]
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by spencekat(m): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is laudable.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by spencekat(m): 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2016
pillarmaria:

That's not true, we graduated together from futo, he is just an ordinary guy with a big heart. He has been like that right from our first year as Altar servers in futo.
NFCS guys

1 Like

Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by spencekat(m): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
Certifiedboss:

He did it cos the people were nice to him . I served at Ebonyi , Afikpo north to be precise . Then they sell bag of pure water to me for 120 and they sell to their people for 100 . It was after about 8 months I got to discover it . They collect nepa bill even when you dont see light . Are those the kind of people to do project for ?
I could remember some years back as a corp member,the first day I was at the market,I bought things costly.I deduced it was because I wore my NYSC cap to the market.After that day,I learnt my lesson.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by megawax8: 9:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
Skibolobo:
He didn't tell us his source of income...

Read the story again
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Bullar: 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
Nice one!
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Mayflowa(m): 4:07am On Mar 19, 2016
simplibaba:
Most corpers have same intention but economic crises is a determinant.....
God bless you my amiable corper

Did you read it? Didn't you see the part I wrote to Daisy girl Foundation who funded the project or you think he collected money from his dad?

There are many way to achieve your dreams if you demonstrate initiative
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by simplibaba(m): 11:22am On Mar 19, 2016
Mayflowa:

Did you read it? Didn't you see the part I wrote to Daisy girl Foundation who funded the project or you think he collected money from his dad?

There are many way to achieve your dreams if you demonstrate initiative

Thankx for the correction....Rushed to comment
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by binzubair(m): 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nice one... I hope others will follow his foot step.. Kai! I remember our days.
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by myinvest: 11:15pm On Mar 19, 2016
simplibaba:
Most corpers have same intention but economic crises is a determinant.....
God bless you my amiable corper

That is why there is crowd funding website... First know and cost what you want to do and then raise a campaign at www.donate-ng.com . broadcast your campaign and get the fund you need. It is a technology world now , use it!
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by myinvest: 11:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=myinvest post=43929336]

That is why there is crowd funding website... First know and cost what you want to do and then raise a campaign at www.donate-ng.com broadcast your campaign and get the fund you need. It is a technology world now , use it
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by AyodeleOlufunmi: 5:33pm On Feb 07, 2019
Re: Corper Donates A Borehole And A Library In Ebonyi (Photos) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2019
Na this kind corper I go like friend for camp, not all these broke nairaland corpers. Corper dey pass corper. Ho ha.

Children of hate will soon come and call me a gold digger.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter User Gets Posted To Borno State After Paying 30K To Influence His NYSC / Want To Get Your First Post-nysc Job? Lets Make A CV For You !! / NYSC Age Limit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.