Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election (35951 Views)

APC Rally For Rivers Rerun Election (Live Photos) / Rivers Rerun Election: Live Result Thread / Latest Results From Bayelsa State Rerun: Sahararepoters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 19, 2016
Post your news and comments about the election in Rivers state here.

We pray for a peaceful election there

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by SeverusSnape(m): 7:25am On Mar 19, 2016
AMEN to your prayer.

And take note, It's PDP all the way »»

"We don't need 'Almajiri People's Congress' (APC)" - Rivers people.

Rivers is PDP's birthright - Truck-pusher

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 19, 2016
BY JIMITOTA ONOYUME

PORT HARCOURT – Soldiers are on major roads in Port Harcourt.

As  early as 4am they had taken over GRA junction on Aba road. The soldiers were seen questioning motorists before allowing them drive through mounted barricades.

Details later.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/rivers-rerun-heavy-military-presence-port-harcourt/

1 Like

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by McCarlito(m): 7:28am On Mar 19, 2016
Hope there should be no more bloodsheds even after the elections

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by mynd1(f): 7:29am On Mar 19, 2016
Good.
Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 19, 2016
I will sleep here today, till I see the result. Lord help wike

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by nabiz(m): 7:30am On Mar 19, 2016
Congrat to the winners in advance. While going to the pooling unit, go with ur phone, take photo or video anything videoable(photo journalism), it may fetch u a good money as an evident after the election but WATCH YOUR BACK

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 19, 2016
The real voters are in Rivers so the Nairaland election voters should observe decorum with their sppech instead of heating up the polity with fake and unsubstantiated news.

There will be peace in Rivers state

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by MOVERSMAG: 7:34am On Mar 19, 2016
Barry mpigi has just catered away election materials in the company of sars and the military

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 19, 2016
Lets vote here also

Click Like for PDP

Click Share for APC

222 Likes 83 Shares

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by MOVERSMAG: 7:37am On Mar 19, 2016
PDP CONDEMNS RELEASE OF N5billion TO ROTIMI AMAECHI   TO COMPROMISE RIVERS RERUN ELECTIONS  

The Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Rivers State, Bro. Felix Obuah has condemned  the  alleged airlift and release of  N5billion to the Minister of Transportation, Mr Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi by agents of the Federal Government for the purpose of compromising INEC personnel and security agents  participating in the Rivers rerun elections.

In a statement by Pastor Jerry Needam,  Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the Rivers State PDP Chairman, Bro Felix Obuah,  the party called on the international  community  and relevant  security  agencies  to  investigate the  release and distribution  of  the  said N5billion  which  appalled passengers of the commercial  airline as it was offloaded  into CBN trucks on the tarmac  of the Port Harcourt International Airport.

The Party added that all those found to be involved  in  this alleged illegal trafficking  of funds for the rerun  elections  should  be  prosecuted.

It will be  recalled  that online  pictures  of  a commercial  airline offloading  N5billion into trucks of the CBN on Friday  night at the Port Harcourt International  Airport  shocked the world  as the funds were released on a day declared public holiday.

Pastor Jerry Needam, 
Special Adviser to the Rivers State PDP Chairman, Bro Felix Obuah. 
Saturday, 19th March, 2016.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by SeverusSnape(m): 7:37am On Mar 19, 2016
Angelberry:
The Lord has already helped Wike, APC and their rigging zombies are just making noise.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by MOVERSMAG: 7:38am On Mar 19, 2016
Barry Mpigi, the House of Representatives candidate of Eleme/oyigbo fed Constituency in APC, in the company of soldiers has invaded the INEC RAC Center and collected all documents including result sheets that would make him winner.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 19, 2016
Lets not forget that Amaechi has been acting reckless with his speech and actions

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 19, 2016
MOVERSMAG:
Barry Mpigi, the House of Representatives candidate of Eleme/oyigbo fed Constituency in APC, in the company of soldiers has invaded the INEC RAC Center and collected all documents including result sheets that would make him winner.
They will fail. Rivers is PDP and the electorate will show us that they dont want APC

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 19, 2016
SeverusSnape:

The Lord has already helped Wike, APC and their rigging zombies are just making noise.
I know APC members are noisemakers, where is that guy that was making noise about yegehe Are you in PH?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 19, 2016
MOVERSMAG:
Pls let's not talk like the APC members, hope this report is true?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 19, 2016
Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by SeverusSnape(m): 7:46am On Mar 19, 2016
Angelberry:

I know APC members are noisemakers, where is that guy that was making noise about yegehe Are you in PH?
The guy making noise about Yebge is demdem aka Tokety7, He has gone into hiding.

I'm not in PH, but my relatives and friends are on ground and are all thumb printing for PDP.

12 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by cckris: 7:50am On Mar 19, 2016
Angelberry:
WIKE stand for FREEDOM to worship your God, your own way.
See what APC & hell-Rufai are planning against Christians in Kaduna.

21 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 19, 2016
SeverusSnape:

The guy making noise about Yebge is demdem aka Tokety7, He has gone into hiding.

I'm not in PH, but my relatives and friends are on ground and are all thumb printing for PDP.
My friend returned from bori on Thursday and there's no military presence there. I asked of him cos I don't know his moniker. I have relatives in ph and they are supporting PDP too.

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Obipat(m): 7:54am On Mar 19, 2016
SeverusSnape:

wait till results come out. This is how u guys deceived gej last year.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 19, 2016
Niger delta frontline ex-militant, Mujahid Asari Dokubo has openly denied the story making rounds that unknown gunmen killed a Major and 3 soldiers of the Nigerian Army in Rivers State.

An official army report about the attack stated that at about 11 am on Thursday, 17 March, 2016, troops on patrol in Abonemma, Akukutoru LGA of Rivers State had a fierce encounter with a group of unknown gunmen suspected to be sea pirates. 

According to the report, during the encounter, an officer and a soldier who sustained various degree of injury lost their lives.

However, Asari Dokubo, on his Facebook page “Dokubo Asari Justice Foundation”, in one captivating sentence denied the story as fabricated.

The statement read: “Please pass the message no soldier was killed in Abonnema.”

However, Asari went on and shared a joint press statement issued by Niger Delta People Salvation Front cum the Niger Delta People Volunteer Force (NDPSF/NDPVF) warning of a purported attempt by the Federal Government to rig the upcoming elections in the state.

The statement was signed by the spokesperson to Niger Delta People Salvation Front (NDPSF), Comrade Rex Ekiugbo Anighoro.

Read the statement below:

"WE WILL RESIST ELECTION RIGGING IN RIVERS STATE

Let it be known that the Alhaji Mujahid Abubakar Dokubo Asari led Niger Delta People Salvation Front cum the Niger Delta People Volunteer Force (NDPSF/NDPVF) will join millions of Rivers people to resist any form of electoral rigging at the coming Saturday's Senate, House of Representatives and House of Assembly Elections.

Our position on the Rivers elections is unambiguous, it is simple and clear. It is let there be no form of electoral manipulations, let the will of the people of Rivers State be sacrosanct. Let no president, army, police, minister, governor, militant leader or even media or observer try to manipulate the elections or mislead the people with false reporting. We demand 'Let the wishes of Rivers people prevail'.

Let the forces of the rampaging Fulani herdsman know that the people of Rivers State will totally resist an occupational Army of Slave masters, taskmasters, field slaves and house slaves.

Let every voter be confined to his polling booth and let no big man subvert the rules. Let us clearly warn, should Rotimi Ameachi who is personally planning to swap results be allowed to move from his unit to other voting units by whatever guise protected by agents of the state will be an open invitation to violence and chaos.

Rivers people are ready to vote and will defend the outcome of their votes. It is in the best interest of all especially the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that things are done properly, not allowing itself to be the harbinger of violence, should they compromise, they would be resisted.

The good people of Rivers State know already that the People Democratic Party (PDP) best represents the interest of Rivers people and by extension the Niger Delta Region and will overwhelmingly vote for the Party.

For indeed Rivers people and the Niger Delta have rejected the All Progressive Congress (APC) which is an enemy's Party."

Earlier, the Peoples Democratic party [PDP] has, through its spokesman, Olisa Metuh alleged that the federal government is stage-managing violence in the state to enable it declare a state of emergency in the state.

The party, thereby, warned of ‘dire consequences’ in the event of such development.

The state governor, Nyesom Wike had also cried wolf over the raging violence in the state, alleging that the central powers are sponsoring violences in the state to usurp his power, which they couldn’t achieve through the ballot box and judiciary, via a malicious http://elombah.com/index.php/reports/6042-no-soldier-was-killed-in-abonnema-rivers-state-dokubo-asari

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 19, 2016
cckris:
WIKE stand for FREEDOM to worship your God, your own way. See what APC & hell-Rufai are planning against Christians in Kaduna.
Excuse me Sir!

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by cckris: 7:56am On Mar 19, 2016
Fedayeen:
Lets vote here also

Click Like for PDP

Click Share for APC
Lagosians can vote online for APC. But if PDP doesn't win 100% today, it means this election has been rigged.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by GoldenJAT(m): 7:58am On Mar 19, 2016
So far... Evrywhere is relatively calm.. I pray it remains this way.. GoldenJAT reporting live form portharcourt..

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 19, 2016
Lalasticlala lets do it. The grand finale is today
Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by EzePromoe: 8:05am On Mar 19, 2016
Port Harcourt looking like Sambisa. Soldiers everywhere!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 19, 2016
EzePromoe:
Port Harcourt looking like Sambisa. Soldiers everywhere!
maybe the soilders will do the voting today

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2016
nabiz:
Congrat to the winners in advance
In PDP voice THANK YOU

6 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by SeverusSnape(m): 8:29am On Mar 19, 2016
Obipat:
wait till results come out. This is how u guys deceived gej last year.
So you think Almajiris will vote in this election??

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Rivers State Rerun Election by SeverusSnape(m): 8:29am On Mar 19, 2016
Angelberry:

My friend returned from bori on Thursday and there's no military presence there. I asked of him cos I don't know his moniker. I have relatives in ph and they are supporting PDP too.
Good. Nice one.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Leads 30 Others In ThisDay Poll (Photo) / Gbajabiamila Visits Olu Of Warri, Tsola Emiko (Photos) / Patience Jonathan Battles Parkinson’s Disease? - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.