Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,944 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! (11989 Views)

I Can Sew And Design Your Outfits For You. / Customised Branded Polo, Tshirt & All Kind Of Shirt (sew&brand) / Anybody Can Learn (let's Learn Together) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2016
Anybody can sew when there's a good teacher who can simplify things for you. Share your learning experience so far. Whether fashion school or 'tailor's school'. What is that thing that is proving hard to learn yet can't find a good teacher to put you through. The purpose of posting pictures is to prove dat im good at what i do. Most of the dresses were designed by my students. We could help each other.

2 Likes

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2016

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2016

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2016

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Ginaz(f): 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
so nice,
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Olasum(f): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
Thanks, my main problem is how to cut pieces skirt like 6 pieces
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by jamarionj(m): 6:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
CUSTOMIZ YOUR CLOTH LABEL
@AFFORDABLE RATE.

CONTACT US FOR YOUR CLOTH LABEL
-BEST QUALITY,
-FAST DELIVERY NATION WIDE

PHONE: 08069568209
EMAIL: jamarionjglobalventures@gmail.com

FOR MORE INFORMATION!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/2783700/customize-personalize-cloths-labels-paper/1#43911651
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 9:57am On Mar 20, 2016
Olasum:
Thanks, my main problem is how to cut pieces skirt like 6 pieces

First of all your required measurements are waist, hip, hip lenght, skirt half lenght, round skirt half lenght, skirt lenght and hem.
Note: the skirt half lenght is measured from waist to the knee or above the knee depending on how u want it. I call it skirt half lenght. When you measure round that place you have your round skirt half lenght.
The hem is the base of your skirt. You determine how wide the base will be either by using 2 to 3yards or using your hip multiplied by 2 or 3. Depending on how wide you want the base to be. Also your hip lenght is measured from the waist straight down to the fullest part of the bumbum. The standard measurement is between 7 nd 8 inches.
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 10:01am On Mar 20, 2016
The hip lenght is measured from the waist straight down to the hip. You measure it by the side not at the back.

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 10:05am On Mar 20, 2016
I hope you got that, hope u are following
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Olasum(f): 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
Bellarita:
I hope you got that, hope u are following
Yes ma'am, thanks
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by jamarionj(m): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
Cool.
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 10:58am On Mar 21, 2016
This is the body measurement, Waist is 30 , hip is 36 , hip lenght is 7, skirt half length is 20 , round skirt half lenght is 32, skirt lenght is 34 , hem is 102. The calculation is in the picture below

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 10:59am On Mar 21, 2016
Fold your fabric or paper into 2, Draw a line at the top which will represent your Waist. From that line measure downward your Hip lenght(9 inches) and draw the Hip lenght line. From the first line which is your waist line, measure downward your skirt half lenght(22 inches) and draw the line. Lastly from the waist line, measure downward your skirt lenght line(34 inches) and draw the line as shown in the diagram below

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 11:43am On Mar 21, 2016
Hope it is clear to this point?
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by princessi95: 9:07am On Mar 22, 2016
yes. very clear ma'am. God bless you. please proceed
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
Remember the first d first diagram we measured downward, now we are going to measure horizontally from the line where i wrote center(on fold)
*On your waist line measure your hip(4inches) and mark with a dot.
*On your hip lenght line measure your hip(4inches) and mark with a dot.
Note: the waist and hip are the same cos we are using elastic.
*On your skirt half lenght line measure your round skirt half lenght(3.7inches) and mark with a dot.
Lastly, on the skirt lenght line measure your hem(9.5inches) and mark with a dot. Remember you are measuring horizontally from the center on each line.
*use ruler to connect each dot as shown in the diagram. After connecting the dots, go to the dot on the skirt half lenght line and adjust it to a curve, its not suppose to look like an angle, it should be curved, so gently curve it.

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 12:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
*Lastly, go to the dot on on the skirt lenght line and measure 0.5(half) inch upward and use French curve if u have, to draw a light long curve into the skirt lenght line as shown in the last diagram.
*Cut it out and use it to cut five more pieces.

Note:
If you want 8 or 10 pieces mermaid skirt, just divide by the number of pieces you want instead of dividing by 6 as we did in some of the calculations. Remove the six and insert 8 or 10 when calculating. After cutting it, use it to cut the remaining pieces that you need.

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 1:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
Few tips on sewing the pieces skirt with elastic

*Join all the pieces till it looks like a skirt. Use 1inch as your sewing allowance. You can use half to turn the lining and half to join all the pieces but if you are not using lining, use 1inch to join all your pieces.

*To do the casing at the top of d see skirt, fold half inch by one and half inches and insert the elastic (use the big skirt elastic not that tiny one)

*Fold the hem of the skirt using half inch by half inch and sew round.
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by BrownBelle: 12:54am On Mar 23, 2016
Nice
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
I take classes on watsapp for bustier cuts and jackets. It's 5k if you are interested.
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2016
Pls I need comments concerning the pieces skirt tutorial. I need to know that people are following and sewing it. Pls post pictures of the skirt. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by jamarionj(m): 6:50am On Mar 24, 2016
Our products are garment accessories including
-paper/fabric Hang Tags,
-Stickers,
-Printed Labels/Tapes/fabric labels,
-Woven Labels,
-Heat Transfer Labels/care labels,
-Micro Injection Labels (PVC/Silicon),
-Silicon Embossed Labels,
-high frequency badges,
-PU/Leather Patches,
-Fabric Embossing,
-flock print patches,
-seal locks,
-embroidery patches and barcode labels. 
-zipper puller,
-snap button,
-brad,
-stud,
-belt head buckle,
-metal fittings and so on. 

With a wide range, good quality, reasonable prices and stylish designs, our products are extensively used in Garment accessories and other industries. 
Our products are widely recognized and trusted by users and can meet continuously changing economic and social needs. 

We welcome new and old customers from all walks of life to contact us for future business relationships and mutual success!

Our objectives are: 
-Proving customers with technical advice and information as well as product samples of the latest market trend 
-Supplying the best quality products at competitive prices. 
-Building a long term cordial and effective business relationship with customers 

WE ASSURE YOU!
-QUANTITY PRODUCT'S! EXCELLENT SERVICE

CONTACT US @
PHONE: 08069568209/whatsapp
BBM: 5EF20EA4
E-mail: jamarionjglobalventures@gmail.com

https://www.nairaland.com/2783700/customize-personalize-cloths-labels-paper
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Solphiequeen(f): 5:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
please can you give me an illustration on how to cut and sew a cowl neck
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
I'm just seeing your request about the cowl neck now. Sorry for d delay, i'll explain it tomorrow pls.
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Rejoiceavl(f): 6:29am On Mar 30, 2016
Pls teach me how to cut breast pad
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 1:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Dear, anything concerning bustier or breast pad is on watsapp and its 5k. Thanks
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 1:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hello everyone! This next tutorial is on cowl neck as demanded by one of us.
Note:
-This is a very simple cowl neck, meaning the drapes at the neckline is not full. The full one is called draped neckline and its another tutorial on its own.
-This cowl neck blouse doesn't require any zip.
-The side is straight and its a loose blouse (add ease to your measurement to achieve this). It does not require dart. You can use a belt if you dont want your blouse to be loose.
-The neck depth for the back is 1.5inches, neck width can be 3.5 or 4inches.
-You must use a soft light fabric or stretch fabric for this blouse so that the drapes can come out well.

Step1
*cut your back piece

1 Like

Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Bellarita: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
Who is following?
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by runathread: 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
Am following, thanks.
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by honey12: 12:05am On Mar 31, 2016
I'm feeling you
Re: Anybody Can Sew Like A Professional! by Rubyventures: 10:03am On Mar 31, 2016
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01D0WQ1GQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A25K6X9X4BAFPI

I am about to purchase this sewing kit from amazon , I need to know if it is worth it.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The Most Handsome Man In The World / Girl Goes Shopping Without Bra / I Am Thinking Of Going Natural...What's The Transition Process?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.