Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji (38832 Views)

Exclusive Photos; Behind The Scenes Of Sirdam's "Gimme More" Video In S/a / Meaning Of The "Mirror" Music Video By Lil Wayne (feat. Bruno Mars). / Darey - 'More' (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by Babee(f): 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2005
Anyone saw the video "No More" by Genevieve?

If 'yes', what do you think?

If 'no', visit www.ghanamv.com & press International.

She try well well wink

Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by Seun(m): 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2005

Genevieve Nnaji's 'No More' video is indeed available at" http://www.ghanamv.com/vids/Inter/genevievemore.htm

So we will be able to give more informed opinions about the video!
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by southpark(m): 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2005
Why is she going all Ghanian?

"Move, move, move before I give you my fist!"

That is a good song! People are evil, they have badmouthed the song too much. I love it.
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by WesleyanA(f): 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2005
i liked it  cheesy

what was she saying before she said "nonsense". she was speaking some language. ghanaian?

she seem very angry in that music video  undecided. ..  

i guess Ghana is the Hollywood she's been talking about.  grin . .
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by southpark(m): 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2005
She has a good voice. Her video is cool. The beat is good. It's like (not really like), but it's related to Brooke Valentine's "Girl Fight". I like it. smiley
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by southpark(m): 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2005
WesleyanA:

i liked it cheesy

what was she saying before she said "nonsense". she was speaking some language. ghanaian?

she seem very angry in that music video undecided. ..

i guess Ghana is the Hollywood she's been talking about. grin . .

I think she was speaking Igbo. She is good you know?
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by WesleyanA(f): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2005
she is.
i think she's better at singing than acting. cheesy
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by southpark(m): 10:54pm On Nov 12, 2005
I'll shout, i'll kick, i'll push.. i'll hit u with my fist. People are so evil. They said so many bad thing about the song. HATERS!
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by southpark(m): 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2005
WesleyanA:

she is.
i think she's better at singing than acting. cheesy

Me think so too. If she goes at this rate and improves. She'll be great.
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by Seun(m): 11:32pm On Nov 12, 2005
It's funny, but my impression of the video listening to it now is that it's really polished.  The quality of production: isntrumentals, vocals, video, ... very high.

It's just that the feministic message of the song doesn't resonate with me, being a man:  I don't want her to give me her fist, I want her to give me her love!

How do women feel about the message? Do you want to give your fist to the men in your life?
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by southpark(m): 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2005
I understand that guys don't relate with the "feministic" part of the video. But she's good you know. She's saying what most girls go through. "The more they give guys loving, the more he keep cheating" Well she stopped being foolish, and she got her freedom. No more cheating! cheesy
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by hotangel2(f): 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2005
Daing! People really talked trash about this video. I am in love with it!
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by damygurl(f): 1:07am On Nov 13, 2005
I luv it!!!! she's too cool!!!! u go gurly!!!!
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by hotangel2(f): 7:01am On Nov 13, 2005
You can say that again girl. I have beeen listening to it. I found it on Limewire too and burnt it on CD. I'll prolly find a way to get it on my phone. The song is just soo goddamn good!
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by ologbodudu(m): 7:08am On Nov 13, 2005
i think the song was very lame, her voice, the lyrics and the whole freaking concept!!!
the video was ok though, it showed a lot of girls and that was all there was to it.

it was just another ill-informed attempt by a actor/actress to stay in the lime light by resorting to singing (which she really didn't, she was just boring me with about 5 min of crap)

[size=15pt]music africa, please review the kind of songs you play[/size]
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by WesleyanA(f): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2005
you again. i'm not surprised.
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by hotangel2(f): 8:29am On Nov 13, 2005
ologbodudu:

i think the song was very lame, her voice, the lyrics and the whole freaking concept!!!
the video was ok though, it showed a lot of girls and that was all there was to it.

it was just another ill-informed attempt by a actor/actress to stay in the lime light by resorting to singing (which she really didn't, she was just boring me with about 5 min of crap)

[size=15pt]music africa, please review the kind of songs you play[/size]

U LIE! cheesy
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by Babee(f): 9:24am On Nov 13, 2005
hot-angel:

You can say that again girl. I have beeen listening to it. I found it on Limewire too and burnt it on CD. I'll prolly find a way to get it on my phone. The song is just soo goddamn good!

i just did that too winkshe really got the talent
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by queen2(f): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2005
Have heard n its Ok, shes good, i love the song..
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by nike4luv(f): 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2005
i like her song..its cool
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by pie1ect(m): 4:18am On Nov 14, 2005
Hi guys.... and babes!
I'm New to this forum. It's got to be da bomb.
Yeah, definitely good music, she's got a good voice. I think being an actress and all, people stereotype her as a pop figure, and were probably dissapointed when she decided to go into whatever it is she's doing(so I think n e way). This music is defInitely no pop or RnB, but whatever genre it is,  it's a brilliant piece. She's doing her own thing and she's good at it. Loved it.
BTW, I love styles-plus. That "runaway"song is superb.
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by aloib(f): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2005
nice video and tunes just that i cant hear some of wat she spits
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by abuguy64(m): 9:24am On Nov 14, 2005
Yeah, let's leave her personality and life style(I don't know much of either!) out of this, it is a nice piece of work especially when compared to all the stuff we have these days.  It is a mixture of  many things, but clearly highlife is a theme. The concept of the song is meaniful and relevant to todays' issues, talking about "NO MORE to GENDER VIOLENCE". All in all,it is good,but there is always room for improvement.
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by ologbodudu(m): 11:05am On Nov 14, 2005
it really is sad. i mean what is it in that song that people can even tolerate. ok, maybe the message (no more domestic violence) is a nice one cool. guys gotta stop hitting their girls and wives. but aside that, it's just a load of crap and more crap.
u guys are just being blinded by the fact that she's genevieve and she's already loved by you. if the song had been by a newbie, y'all wouldn't say it was so cool [size=15pt]because is isn't[/size]

sentiments only is what makes u all like the song and if y'all blind to see that, maybe i shouldn't even bother reading this particular post
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by fabian(f): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2005
The song has a Ghanaian Twist to it, and I like all things Ghanaian!
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by Rhodalyn(f): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2005
i'm a fun of jenny but den i can't compliment her on dis 1 cuz i don't think it's da least bit interesting
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by ocho(f): 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2005
i couldn't watch the video cos it was taking forever to come on. any other links please?
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by Scorpio(f): 5:03am On Nov 15, 2005
me too, i couldn't even see anything
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by hotangel2(f): 8:10am On Nov 15, 2005
Call me JObless. But i LOve the song soo much that i had to write down the lyrics. cool cheesy cheesy cheesy

LYRICS TO GENEVIEVE NNAJI'S "NO MORE" SONG.

{Instruments.}

No more crying ooo,
No more fighting ooo,
No more tiss ooo.
I gat my freedom, power and more. (All twice)
No more tiss ooo I gat my freedom power and more

He used to call me “my honey”,
Give me silver, gold and money.
Make me coffee and make food (I am not sure about this line ooo)…….
Made me think I was in heaven
My mama saw through him and said, baby girl don’t listen. (I am not sure about this one too.. but it’s somewhere along this line)
Soon all I got was threatening, swearing, slapping, cheating and trashing
Yes all I gat was threatening, swearing, slapping, cheating and trashing
All I gat was threatening, swearing, slapping, cheating and trashing.

The more I showed him my care, the more he gave me no ear.
The more I gave him loving, the more he gave me nothing!
[Girl NO! Yeah RIGHT!] (4x)

I stopped being foolish (3x)
Said I stopped being foolish.

No more crying ooo,
No more fighting ooo,
No more tiss ooo.
No more tiss ooo I gat my freedom power and more
He used to call me “my honey”,
Give me silver, gold and money.
Make me coffee and make food…….
Made me think I was in heaven
My mama saw through him and said, baby girl don’t listen.
Soon all I got was threatening, swearing, slapping, cheating and trashing
Yes all I gat was threatening, swearing, slapping, cheating and trashing
All I gat was threatening, swearing, slapping, cheating and trashing.

Make you commot for my face before I give you MY FIST[b] (2x)[/b]
Go Away (4x)
Just Move, Move, Move B4 I give you MY FIST,
I say move, move, move before I give u my fist.

{Instruments}

{Genevieve Speaking Igbo: Me thinks she was saying, the man has used her as his foot-mat for enough time, and also that he has been doing shakara for her and it’s now her time to leave. Plus she can’t count how many time she had to put up with his trash, THEN SHE SHOUTED!!! NONSENSE!!! )

{Instruments}

No go let you touch me again,
If I try me I will strike, I will shout, I will fight, I will Scratch, I will scream, I will kick, I will Hit, I will fight you, make you CRRRRRRRRYYYYYY!

{Instrument}

No more crying ooo,
No more fighting ooo,
No more tiss ooo.

Go Away (4x)

Go Away[b] (8x)[/b]

{Instrument}

FREE AT LAST!

DAyummm..... The song is good ooo. Apart from the lyrics. I love the beat!!!!! You guys should shine your eyes now. hanhan! At least her song better pass Osuofia own. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ermm, please note that, i formed this lyrics from what i heard her saying oo. I might be wrong. Although i am 100% sure i don't have hearing problem. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by mywritten(m): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2005
My name is tunde, i see that the music singing by genevieve is like talking about her mind and what men doing to women.So i will like to tell her that if she need music from me, she should contact me @ 25, popo-ola st off pedro road bariga lagos.My fellowing music is

LET ME POINT AT U
IF I COULD LOSST U
LIFE
WHAT TO DO
She can also called my phone nurmber too 08023455177, pleased asked for tunde.
I will highly appreciate if i can see the reply.
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by Scorpio(f): 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2005
kai, ok i finally saw da video n my comments remain the same. wtf was dat? no doubt, me thinks her voice is aiight, but dang girl! like, i'm laughin so hard i can't type str8. wat's with the attitude n d all girl band and d damn BOOTS!!! i don't see anything special in the song sha, mayb l8r i'll catch up to it, but for now, i'll rate it a 4 outta 10.
Re: 'No More' Video by Genevieve Nnaji by queen2(f): 5:08pm On Nov 15, 2005
I dont know, but i like the song

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Is Eminem Really The Rap God? / Tiwa Savage - Olorun Mi [audio + Video Download] / Jaye Lo: You Owe No Apology To Muslims, Soyinka Defends Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.