Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber (39625 Views)

5 Children Ate Cucumber And Died In Cross River State. Graphic Photos / 5 Fascinating Reasons You Should Drink Cucumber Water Everyday / 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Whizzcute(m): 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2016
When you are looking for healthy foods to eat, then cucumber is a great choice. Cucumbers are fruits though we normally eat them as vegetables. Cucumber goes with the scientific name cucumis savitis which is made up of 90-96% of water in it. Cucumbers are commonly eaten raw . Cucumbers are of great benefits to your health and those health benefits are what am here to reveal to you.
Health Benefits Of Cucumber

1. Cucumber Contains Some Essential Vitamins
Vitamins are one of the most essential nutrients you need more in your body to live healthy and cucumbers are always give it to you if only you eat them. Basically,cucumbers contain vitamin A,B &C which in turn energize you, boost your immunity and keep you radiant. Cucumbers also contain other nutrients such as iron, calcium, phosphorous, zinc, folic acid magnesium, Vitamins B1,B2,B3,B6 and more.

2. Cucumbers Keep You Hydrated

Like I earlier mentioned, cucumbers are made up of 90-95% of water. This means that if you may eat cucumbers as alternative to water because of it’s high water content. And keeping you hydrated is not limited to eliminate thirst but many other functions like transportation of nutrients all round the body , aid in digestion etc.

3. Cucumbers Reduce The Risk Of Cancer
Another key health benefit of cucumber is having the ability to reduce risks of cancer. Cucumbers are made up of plant nutrients named cucurbitacins which according to scientists, have anti-cancer properties. Scientists also went ahead to prove that activities that leads to the growth and development of some cancerous cells in the body can be blocked by this nutrient in cucumbers called cucurbitacins.

4. Cucumbers Get Rid Of Bad Breath
Cucumbers help to freshen your breath and get rid of bad breath . Cucumbers are made up of phytochemicals which eliminates those bacteria causing bad breath. So when ever you feel you need to freshen your breath, get some cucumbers and eat.

5. Cucumber Is A Good Home Remedy For Sunburn
Cucumbers has the capability of clearing sunburns too. Whenever you are experiencing sunburns again, simply do this; Cut a cucumber into tiny slices and put them directly on the sunburn affected areas, remove immediately you feel the warmth from cucumbers.

6. Cucumbers Help To Fight Inflammation
Do you know that cucumber helps to reduce inflammation in the body. Well, cucumbers contain flavonoids which are have anti-inflammatory properties to reduce inflammation in the body.

7. Cucumbers Strengthen the Bones
Cucumbers are rich in vitamin K is very much important for a healthy bone. When there’s low amount of vitamin K in the body then the risk of bone fracture increases. So get yourself some cucumbers and save yourself from bone fractures.

8. Cucumbers Are Essential For Weight Loss
Well, if you are trying to drop some pounds, then you need cucumbers. This is because they are very low in calories . They also contain fibers which are ideal to regulate body weight .

9. Cucumbers Are Ideal For Diabetic Patients
Diabetic patients need cucumbers to maintain their diabetes. Cucumber contains a hormone essential for the pancreas for insulin production. So if you are diabetic, then never miss to eat good amount of cucumbers weekly.

10. Cucumbers Help To Prevent Constipation
Cucumbers are very rich in water like I’ve earlier said, they also contain fiber. These two nutrients enables food to move through the digestive tract quicker and more easily , helping you prevent constipation.

THANKS FOR READING AND KINDLY SHARE WITH OTHERS.

ARTICLE SOURCE: http://www.goziehealth.com/2016/03/10-amazing-health-benefits-of-cucumber.html

21 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Benjom(m): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2016
No wonder some people can't do without it. I never knew it had so many benefits until now. Enough talk, I'll try one today solely for number 1 and 7 benefits. Thanks OP for the enlightenment.

This may be of help to someone out there:

Complete Step By Step Guide To Writing A Successful CV (With Screenshots)
http://.com/complete-step-step-guide-writing-successful-cv/

Exceptional CV Samples:
http://.com/cv-samples/

Satisfied Clients:
http://.com/testimonials

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Whizzcute(m): 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
Benjom:
No wonder some people can't do without it. I never knew it had so many benefits until now. Enough talk, I'll try one today solely for number 1 and 7 benefits. Thanks OP for the enlightenment.

UWC bro

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by anochuko01(m): 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
h
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by brunofarad(m): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
Ok
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by kennyman2000(m): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hahahahaha. Those badt girls can explain better

check my signature for ur customised wristband

10 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by braine(m): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
That was how I was eating cucumber last week and bae was eyeing me. I didn't understand.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by html14java(f): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
I don't wanna say whats on my mind

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by EbukaLive(m): 7:41pm On Mar 19, 2016
Girls in the house know the most important health benefit... grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Olarewajub: 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
Very informative.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by contra(m): 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
I was looking forward to seeing the real "cucumber". the real "cucummmmmmmmber"

2 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by kenny1313(m): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2016
That's just the main reason why most girls love my cucumber.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Toosure70: 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
Abeg, make una stop the lie Joe.
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Toosure70: 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
Abeg, make una stop the lie Jor
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by hobermener: 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hit like if you know the real benefit of cucumber. grin

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by hezy4real01(m): 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
Some ladies just have to stop eating this because de don chop am tire
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by karlriz(m): 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2016
contra:
I was looking forward to seeing the real "cucumber". the real "cucummmmmmmmber"

U need Jesus!. grin

17 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by spafu(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
html14java:
I don't wanna say whats on my mind
I know what's on you mind "good" girl.
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Nicepoker(m): 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
Its an essential tool that comes in handy durinng cucumbation.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by henrydadon(m): 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
wink

6 Likes

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by freeDR(m): 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2016
Also good for cucumbation.... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Abbeyunique2(m): 7:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
OP. The main benefit of cucumber for dem ladies is "reaching heaven".
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by mokoshalb(m): 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
CUCUMBER!!! hmmmm so lalasticlala loves cucumber!
:::
drizzzin
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by ShitHead(m): 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
K
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by ijbeauty(f): 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nice fruit. I love cucumber when eaten with groundnut sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by pupsyd: 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
Is it fruit or vegetable?
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
The bigger sized ones are featured in certain genres of movies grin
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by wrongnumber: 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2016
Anytime wey i see cucumber many ladies dey come my mind.If i be woman walahi i no go fit stand buy am.

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by petiteee(f): 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
I love cucumbers! Especially when cold wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by Mopolchi: 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hmmm dis one girls love cucumber?

1 Like

Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by petiteee(f): 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2016
pupsyd:
Is it fruit or vegetable?
is a vegetable just like carrots, cabbage and the likes
Re: 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cucumber by cliquevibes(m): 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
4get all dis big grammar benefit...It more beneficial 2 females because some use it 2 service demselve(I meant church service,dirty mind)........Shoutout 2 all dis girls out there cumcubating or wanting 2 cucumbate, kontinue drilling u hear!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How I Make KFC Style Crunchy Chicken At Home | Secret Revealed (pix&video) / Spent About 14,500 On This Sweet Okra Soup that will last 6 months. / Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.