Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria (25024 Views)

Lady Returns To Her Black Skin After Bleaching (Before Vs Now Photos) / Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) / End Time Bleaching Of A Nigerian Lady, What Kind Of Cream Did She Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), 77 percent of women in Nigeria use skin-lightening products, the world’s highest percentage, but that's non of my business.

and Its not my business how people(women mostly) take care of their skin. cos its just hopeless expecting Nigerian women to be cautious about what they apply on the largest organ of the body especially as the obsession to be light skin is very high.

and i still wouldn't care until these BBM channels I subscribe to; food and hair advertise bleaching creams by psuedo-professional cream mixers all the time which is already a norm on Instagram and nairaland fashion section and that's why am ranting now.

you see this wicked women advertising their products in the name of organic 100% natural products which of course is not true. and the list is like this:
Russian white 1week results
talking oil
glowing oil
extra whitening cream 5days
halfcaste cream
Egyptian milk
Moroccan white
hot white.
American glow. etc etc

if these were products registered and regulated by the authorities in charge, I probably wouldn't mind. but these creams are backyard and kitchen mixes inside plastic containers by women with no formal training or certification in dermatology or skin care.
These products have no ingredient list, NAFDAC or SON number authentication, and its beyond my understanding how a sane educated person would purchase such products? the only prove these dead brain customers need and see are before and after pictures of this horribly bleached out women which most times has been photoshoped.

The after effects of using this creams are really so bad I see them in Lagos everyday. some skins have become so transparent you can see the tiniest veins.

The dangers associated with the use of toxic compounds like mercury(a metal that blocks the production of melanin) for skin bleaching include; blood cancer, cancer of the liver and kidney as well as severe skin conditions.

Cream mixing is a booming business exploiting the insecurities of Nigerian women. they are scammers looking to get rich at all cost.
am hoping that the authorities look into this growing crime and apprehend those cream mixers.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
The mixers aren't the problem afterall they are hustling, the economy is hard ,The problem is the gullible babes that are not content with their skin colour .Whatever they get, they deserve .

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2016
Sempumping:
The mixers aren't the problem afterall they are hustling, the economy is hard , The problem is the gullible babes that are not content with their skin colour .Whatever they get, they deserve .

they should hustle the right way, the legitimate way. if what they include in their mixes is medically approved, they should get NAFDAC numbers on it and include the ingredients.

they mix hot movate, mercury and carowhite and claim is organic. na scamming be that na.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
Oloshos will not be happy

1 Like

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nicepoker(m): 6:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
The only bleaching cream with no side effect is........ACID. Concentrated.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by LuveU2(f): 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
Blame the media

1 Like

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
I think that 77% is too high because there are more dark skin girls than light skinned ones.

Anyways i can never change my skin tone because of anyone.
#IAmMadeOfBlack
Sure it looks good at first but by the time you are old the sides effects begin to surface.

Nigerian men however are the major reason why women bleach their skin because if you ask them who they are more attracted to they would not hesitate to pick a light skin girl.. Guys am i right or not

Patiently waiting for that guy who would not judge me for my skin colour but my beauty and personality

#OluwaAnswerMyCall

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
77% of Nigerian women can't possibly be bleaching. I object to that figure .

We're a dark race and most of our population is still dark skinned.
Again,I believe that whoever buys a bleaching cream from the roadside store knows the side effects of steroids and is ready to live with the consequences.

NAFDAC can like to get serious with the consoring business.

3 Likes

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by bughead: 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
Joavid:
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), 77 percent of women in Nigeria use skin-lightening products, the world’s highest percentage, but that's non of my business.

and Its not my business how people(women mostly) take care of their skin. cos its just hopeless expecting Nigerian women to be cautious about what they apply on the largest organ of the body especially as the obsession to be light skin is very high.

and i still wouldn't care until these BBM channels I subscribe to; food and hair advertise bleaching creams by psuedo-professional cream mixers all the time which is already a norm on Instagram and nairaland fashion section and that's why am ranting now.

you see this wicked women advertising their products in the name of organic 100% natural products which of course is not true. and the list is like this:
Russian white 1week results
talking oil
glowing oil
extra whitening cream 5days
halfcaste cream
Egyptian milk
Moroccan white
hot white.
American glow. etc etc

if these were products registered and regulated by the authorities in charge, I probably wouldn't mind. but these creams are backyard and kitchen mixes inside plastic containers by women with no formal training or certification in dermatology or skin care.
These products have no ingredient list, NAFDAC or SON number authentication, and its beyond my understanding how a sane educated person would purchase such products? the only prove these dead brain customers need and see are before and after pictures of this horribly bleached out women which most times has been photoshoped.

The after effects of using this creams are really so bad I see them in Lagos everyday. some skins have become so transparent you can see the tiniest veins.

The dangers associated with the use of toxic compounds like mercury(a metal that blocks the production of melanin) for skin bleaching include; blood cancer, cancer of the liver and kidney as well as severe skin conditions.

Cream mixing is a booming business exploiting the insecurities of Nigerian women. they are scammers looking to get rich at all cost.
am hoping that the authorities look into this growing crime and apprehend those cream mixers.
no wonder many of them fair girls dey smell like shitt!

gezzz! NAIJA WOMEN ARE becoming less valuable in this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Maikey: 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
Must everyone be light skinned?

Team Marvelous Melanin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by helphelp: 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by popesam1(m): 6:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hmmm. i dey fear light skin lady. if I will date/marry a fair skin lady, I must first see her childhood photo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Wealthyone: 6:34pm On Mar 19, 2016
They are on every social media oh. Especially BBMC.

Hardly will u see a young lady above 20 years of age that is dark skinned.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hmmm...'the insecurities of the Nigerian women'. That nailed it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by henrydadon(m): 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
yoruba actress keep the business moving..so am not surprised

10 Likes

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by chijudith(f): 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
girls and their obsession for wanting to be fair hmmm i call that inferiority complex

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by busomma: 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
I could care less what Nigerian ladies do with their God given skin color and decide to bleach it with the resultant offensive odour that comes with it.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
FACE GO YELLOW, YANSH GO BLACK

1 Like

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by TheSunSon: 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
Truth is Nafdac makes it hard to get legal,esp for small manufacturers,by the time they finish with you even when requirements are met eh...
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Mike008(m): 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2016
Its foolishness on the part of the ladies that patronise these products knowing fully well they are substandard.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by sotall(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2016
k
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by martineinstein(m): 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
The level of male and female masquerade in Lagos is becoming unbearable.....sunburn have become permanent makeup amongst lagosians. Am still marvelled at how people rub breaching creams under hot sun.... Ignorance of a disease!

The big boys and girls have graduated from local bleaching creams to drugs like glutathione.. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Jadekitana2(f): 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
black is beautiful #BIB
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by cc10: 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Nicepoker:
The only bleaching cream with no side effect is........ACID. Concentrated.

true talk
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
The way they all claim 'Organic' is alarming undecided

2 Likes

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by julioralph(m): 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
angry
ladies pls maintain your God given colour, thx
no bleaching
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Richiy(f): 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
I wonder what will make someone want to change your skin color so radically. Can't you just maintain your skin the way it is? Fear of all these creams makes me want to stick with Baby Lotion. You go to the market to buy cream and see all sorts of things.

I love my skin the way it is. If I ever NEED to do something with it, visit a CERTIFIED dermatologist.
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Dottore: 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
Hg
Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by MoneypassGod(m): 6:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
I still dont understand why nigerian women bleach. I thought they said black is beauty....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Richiy(f): 6:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
And some even say it is because boys prefer lightskinned girls. It might be true but as a lady, you will eventually end up with just ONE guy. No matter your shakara, it is only one man that will marry you. So what does popular demand have to do with that? And any guy that judges based on skin color, remember that things are not what they seem to appear.

5 Likes

Re: Illegitimate Bleaching Business In Nigeria by Rich4god(m): 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
The only thing I dont want to hear is... "Guys, prefer fair girls".... Thats not technically true.... From experience and my own view, guys prefer ladies that are clean and neat... Thats just the bottomline... And if you really maintain yourself, no matter how dark that you are, "some atom of fairness will start appearing on your skin..."

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kim Kardashian Or Sylvia Nduka.: Who Wore It Better / Rachel Edjeren Haunted By Indian Hair She Fixed / Amazing Makeup Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.