Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 (13004 Views)

Please Help With My 2010 Corolla P0500 Issue / Minimizing Fuel In 2000 Sienna / Government approved Vehicle Speed Limiter with installation and certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by boldx(m): 5:58pm On Mar 19, 2016
Please where is the location of vehicle speed sensor A on 2000 Sienna? I got a P0500 on scanning. Please help me with a diagram if possible.

Thanks
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16pm On Mar 19, 2016
boldx:
Please where is the location of vehicle speed sensor A on 2000 Sienna? I got a P0500 on scanning. Please help me with a diagram if possible.

Thanks

scan ABS for results
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 10:44am On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

scan ABS for results
wrong, this is vehicle speed sensor and not a wheel speed sensor, moreover it is a P0 code which can be scanned with a low cost non professional scan tool, instead you should ask him to test the circuit and make sure that the it is good and no wiring problems are present.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 10:46am On Mar 20, 2016
It is located on the gear box. Why not use Google images to search for it, I am using my phone to type so I can't do it for you.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
cocoduck:
wrong, this is vehicle speed sensor and not a wheel speed sensor, moreover it is a P0 code which can be scanned with a low cost non professional scan tool, instead you should ask him to test the circuit and make sure that the it is good and no wiring problems are present.

I'm beginning to take this personal. It is easy to be an Internet mechanic

OP I maintain same stance, scan ABS, that car is NOT equipped with a speed sensor attached to the gearbox, I don't have to prove anything to any one because I have worked on several.

7 Likes

Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by Piyke: 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

OP I maintain same stance, scan ABS, that car is NOT equipped with a speed sensor attached to the gearbox, I don't have to prove anything to any one because I have worked on several.
[url]
http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,2000,sienna,3.0l+v6,1359435,brake/wheel+hub,abs+wheel+speed+sensor,1912[/url]

Thanks Gazzuzz for coming back to update. Just confirmed and added this to my knowledge base.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
W.W.W.siennachat.com/forum/62-problems-maintenance-repair/9850-1999-sienna-vehicle-speed-sensor-po500-code.html

remove the dots to view links.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 12:40pm On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

It might not be attached to the gearbox, but VSS is NOT a wheel speed sensor, this is a P0 code, okay?
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by kingreign(m): 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
cocoduck:
It might not be attached to the gearbox, but VSS is NOT a wheel speed sensor, this is a P0 code, okay?

ITK you no dey taya to disturb the gentle man Mr GAZZUZZ? Wetin him do you? Abeg go siddon joor. angry
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
kingreign:

ITK you no dey taya to disturb the gentle man Mr GAZZUZZ? Wetin him do you? Abeg go siddon joor. angry
eat lead and get lost

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by kingreign(m): 2:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
cocoduck:
eat lead and get lost

Drink conc H[size=3pt]2[/size]SO[size=3pt]4[/size] keep the shut to the up in your mouth angry
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2016
www.obd-codes.com/p0500 please see for yourselves, is there any mention of Wheel speed sensors, this code is a generic code, well, I will not chastise GaZuz for saying he should do abs scan but it is not necessary, wheel speed sensor is not the same as VSS but they all work together, I hate throwing parts at cars, that is why I like to explain to you so that you know how everything are related. BTW the information gotten from the VSS is related to the driver via the speedometer, while the WSS is used by the ABS module or BCM or whatever the car is equipped with to control the ABS, TRAC, ESP or VSC, of course it needs the VSS also to know the vehicle' s speed. Stop throwing parts at cars, anyways there is a whole economy built on parts changing.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
Internet mechanic, I do not need a lecture on how the speed gets interpreted on the cluster of a siena 2000, this is not a camry 98, there is no single vss sensor on that car, and no one is asking the OP to buy any parts, I said SCAN ABS. The wheel speed sensor are responsible for cluster speed, and if the ABS module stops working or is not functional the vehicle speed info will not work., you just seem to want to pick holes in my posts, well now you have been noticed.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by OPUSDEI1(m): 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
"Who no go, no see".- Warri Proverb

Meanwhile,...
The speed sensor for ABS detects the wheel speed and sends the appropriate signals to the ABS ECU....- P0500 Circuit Description for 2000 Toyota Sienna(ALLDATA)

@OP, kindly adhere to Gazzuzz's advice.
Thanks.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 3:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Internet mechanic, I do not need a lecture on how the speed gets interpreted on the cluster of a siena 2000, this is not a camry 98, there is no single vss sensor on that car, and no one is asking the OP to buy any parts, I said SCAN ABS. The wheel speed sensor are responsible for cluster speed, and if the ABS module stops working or is not functional the vehicle speed info will not work., you just seem to want to pick holes in my posts, well now you have been noticed.
Please I want you to explain the term cluster speed, if what you mean is the speedometer on the instrument cluster then then that is then work of the VSS, WHICH CAN BE LOCATED EITHER ON THE GEARBOX OR THE DIFFERENTIAL, Wheel speed sensors are used to measure the speed of the wheels and the BCM uses it in conjunction with the VSS to determine if the car is skidding and getting out of control or the car is on a slippery surface ice road or in muddy pool to for example activate traction control. Once again this is a P0 code, a generic code, call me what ever you like, stop giving people bad information and you cannot diagnose a car from a distance, you need to be where the car is. Proudly an internet mechanic.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
OPUSDEI1:
"Who no go, no see".- Warri Proverb

Meanwhile,...
The speed sensor for ABS detects the wheel speed and sends the appropriate signals to the ABS ECU....- P0500 Circuit Description for 2000 Toyota Sienna(ALLDATA)

@OP, kindly adhere to Gazzuzz's advice.
Thanks.
Go and read what I typed again and again, You said ABS ECU so it ABS is not part of the P0 codes, there is no P0*** code that can be from the ABS system fault, the OBD2code website I Linked the op to said the same thing. what I am saying is in tandem with alldata. He needs to test the Vehicle speed sensor not the wheel speed sensors, don't confuse the two terms they are not the same.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
cocoduck:
It is located on the gear box. Why not use Google images to search for it, I am using my phone to type so I can't do it for you.

this is clearly wrong information, and all your big English cannot hide that.

I will ignore you and wait for the OP to revert after doing the right thing.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
cocoduck:
Go and read what I typed again and again,

cocoduck:
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
cocoduck:

this is also wrong and misleading, you will need a tools that has the ability to scan abs, not many generic scanners can do that.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

this is clearly wrong information, and all your big English cannot hide that.

I will ignore you and wait for the OP to revert after doing the right thing.
oh my God VSS is usually located on the gear box or on the differential, then the wheel speed sensors are located on the wheel hubs where the monitor the tone ring, and they are in some cars three in number or four in other cars, one for each front wheel, what are you talking about? okay do I go further? some are two wire sensors and produce AC and are usually found on older cars, then the three wire types which do not produce their own current but manipulates the current received from the ECU or BCM to produce a signal for the computer to use, ah ah. Name waoooo. The Op can do as you said, but stop giving people bad info. The obd2 webpage said he should test the circuit, to test the circuit go to YouTube and search for scanner danner and browse in his channel you will see how to test sensor circuits, sensors of any type, scanner danner is awesome and you know that.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

this is also wrong and misleading, you will need a tools that has the ability to scan abs, not many generic scanners can do that.
he already has the code, what else do you need? torque pro is a good example of the tool he can use, in cases like these you don't actually need like versus pro or maxisys, this is a straight forward case.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
cocoduck:
oh my God VSS is usually located on the gear box or on the differential , then the wheel speed sensors are located on the wheel hubs where the monitor the tone ring, and they are in some cars three in number or four in other cars, one for each front wheel, what are you talking about? okay do I go further? some are two wire sensors and produce AC and are usually found on older cars, then the three wire types which do not produce their own current but manipulates the current received from the ECU or BCM to produce a signal for the computer to use, ah ah. Name waoooo. The Op can do as you said, but stop giving people bad info. The obd2 webpage said he should test the circuit, to test the circuit go to YouTube and search for scanner danner and browse in his channel you will see how to test sensor circuits, sensors of any type, scanner danner is awesome and you know that.

not in a sienna 2000.

This was the question

boldx:
Thanks

this was my response

GAZZUZZ:

scan ABS for results

this was you response to my comment

cocoduck:
wrong , this is vehicle speed sensor and not a wheel speed sensor, moreover it is a P0 code which can be scanned with a low cost non professional scan tool, instead you should ask him to test the circuit and make sure that the it is good and no wiring problems are present.

no point arguing just accept that you messed up.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

not in a sienna 2000.

This was the question

this was my response

this was you response to my comment

no point arguing just accept that you messed up.
As in the WSSs are or is the same as the VSS, what we are discussing about is the fault code P0500, the solution is straight forward it is either the VSS is no longer working or circuit is open or shorted, or that PCM is faulty, the VSS is on most cars on the gear box or in some cars on the differential, I also said that he should first of all test the circuit for an open or a short, the and replace the appropriate part.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
this duck likes going in circles.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3514773_images31_jpegb5ed6be961ca77f14cfe47bbad6ffc7e
call me what ever you like but know that you are giving people bad information. do you even know the different Obd2 codes? can you even tell the difference between B0***, C0*** and P1*** fault codes? anyways when you insult then you have nothing to say, Just stop misleading people and go and upgrade your knowledge, yours is sooooo yesterday, and I will keep on monitoring you, gotcha!.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
cocoduck:
call me what ever you like but know that you are giving people bad information. do you even know the different Obd2 codes? can you even tell the difference between B0***, C0*** and P1*** fault codes? anyways when you insult then you have nothing to say, Just stop misleading people and go and upgrade your knowledge, yours is sooooo yesterday, and I will keep on monitoring you, gotcha!.

the other way round bro, i'm watching you.....

You don't just jump at codes.... some times experience counts your knowledge does not exist. stick around this is a learning field. At least I have taught you 1 thing today, do not search for a vss sensor on the gearbox of a 2000 siena because you will not find one.

Then you do not know somthing or are not sure the smart thing to do is SHUT UP.

When you have made a glaring mistake and you have been caught instead of running round in circles confusing your self, SHUTING UP might just help.

cocoduck:
As in the WSSs are or is the same as the VSS, what we are discussing about is the fault code P0500, the solution is straight forward it is either the VSS is no longer working or circuit is open or shorted, or that PCM is faulty, the VSS is on most cars on the gear box or in some cars on the differential, I also said that he should first of all test the circuit for an open or a short, the and replace the appropriate part.

Look at your last comment, advising the OP to test sensors when all he had to do was press scan on a portable device, now who is old sch me or you? Oga park well.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

the other way round bro, i'm watching you.....

You don't just jump at codes.... some times experience counts your knowledge does not exist. stick around this is a learning field. At least I have taught you 1 thing today, do not search for a vss sensor on the gearbox of a 2000 siena because you will not find one.

Then you do not know somthing or are not sure the smart thing to do is SHUT UP.

When you have made a glaring mistake and you have been caught instead of running round in circles confusing your self, SHUTING UP might just help.

Look at your last comment, advising the OP to test sensors when all he had to do was press scan on a portable device, now who is old sch me or you? Oga park well.
please I am on my knees, tell me what it takes to test a sensor, because as far as I know all that is needed is your multimeter to and a 200mA test light. even if he cannot, his technician can do it for him. I mean what does it take? the scan tool is not enough, what if the sensor is working but the signal is not reaching the Pcm, how will you find out using the scan tool? X-ray eyes?
On account of VSS, please I want the name of that OBDII car that doesn't have VSS, if then you a saying that I made a mistake of saying that on the car in question you will or will not find it on the gearbox, then please go and learn how to read because in my previous posts I sang it like a song that some cars have it on their gearbox while others have it on their differential, I even explained the two types of speed sensors, the two wire and three wire types.
I am watching you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2016
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp%3FpageId%3D0996b43f802e6a2a&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjpur-b9s_LAhWkIJoKHSqwCaUQwW4IDzAB&usg=AFQjCNHa0kkaDiqZzJQ60BHyvxde7TF5FA what is this, open the image, I got on Google image
name waooo or better still visit this website

www.ericthecarguy.com/kunena/8-Service-and-Repair-Questions-Answered-Here/45178-2002-toyota-sienna-speed-sensor-location
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
cocoduck:
please I am on my knees, tell me what it takes to test a sensor, because as far as I know all that is needed is your multimeter to and a 200mA test light. even if he cannot, his technician can do it for him. I mean what does it take? the scan tool is not enough, what if the sensor is working but the signal is not reaching the Pcm, how will you find out using the scan tool? X-ray eyes?
On account of VSS, please I want the name of that OBDII car that doesn't have VSS, if then you a saying that I made a mistake of saying that on the car in question you will or will not find it on the gearbox, then please go and learn how to read because in my previous posts I sang it like a song that some cars have it on their gearbox while others have it on their differential, I even explained the two types of speed sensors, the two wire and three wire types.
I am watching you.

I can do this all day, I'm on cartalk an average of every 10mins (when I'm not sleeping)

in the modern world for the highlighted use a scanner first, it isolates the problem and narrows down the problem area, after that you can bring your OLD SCH 200ma test light to ABS (who the bleep does that)

Back to the question since we are talking about who can read and who cannot.

boldx:
Please where is the location of [color=#000099]vehicle speed sensor A on 2000 Sienna? I got a P0500 on scanning. Please help me with a diagram if possible.
Thanks

READ the question again, now do it one more time.

Now give an appropriate answer.
Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
cocoduck:
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/repairguide/repairGuideContent.jsp%3FpageId%3D0996b43f802e6a2a&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjpur-b9s_LAhWkIJoKHSqwCaUQwW4IDzAB&usg=AFQjCNHa0kkaDiqZzJQ60BHyvxde7TF5FA what is this, open the image, I got on Google image
name waooo or better still visit this website

www.ericthecarguy.com/kunena/8-Service-and-Repair-Questions-Answered-Here/45178-2002-toyota-sienna-speed-sensor-location

I see you are really confused. When using examples refer to the subject matter.

Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
this is how it is done.

Your original assumption was the car used the first pic so based on your inexperience you were quick to fault my diagnosis.

Unfortunately toyota decided to pic the speed information from the wheels, via the abs unit.

If you have a better diagnosis other than sticking wires and uncliping 16year old abs sockets to stick a bulb to test, then you are so old SCH.

Re: Please Help Me With The Location 'vehicle Speed Sensor A' On 2000 Sienna - P0500 by cocoduck: 8:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

[color=#990000]I can do this all day, I'm on cartalk an average of every 10mins (when I'm not sleeping)

in the modern world for the highlighted use a scanner first, it isolates the problem and narrows down the problem area, after that you can bring your OLD SCH 200ma test light to ABS (who the bleep does that)

Back to the question since we are talking about who can read and who cannot.

READ the question again, now do it one more time.

Now give an appropriate answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBNo_yg2gFI&itct=CBgQpDAYASITCLTl2Mj_z8sCFdYtFgodJ9kHcTIGcmVsbWZ1SPTzsIyA0pXRLA%3D%3D&gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things To Have In Mind As A New Car Owner. / Meet Rivian All-electric SUV That Boasts A Better Mileage Than Tesla's Model X / Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicles In Nigeria: How Bad And Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.