Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective (3513 Views)

"Jesus Was Bisexual" - Yemisi Ilesanmi Attends London Gay Pride (Photos) / Gender Inequality: Women Should Take The Blame 80% / Notable Women Who Have Freed Themselves From Prison/cage Of Gender Inequality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by odijeks(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2016
A lot of dust has been raised regarding this issue of gender equality, the role women play in the family and society in general. I considered a community outside the human community in order to analyze this issue-the lion community. the question is: are men and women really equal? No!!. Do men and women deserve equal rights, opportunities and audience in the society? by all means Yes!!. on the former regarding inequality between men and women i would explain using a pride of lions. now, lions are the only true social cats, i.e they live in groups called pride consisting of several related female lions and a single or 2 male lions. needless to say, the male lions are bigger, stronger and heavier than the females. their main job is protection of the pride. the females on the other hand do most of the hunting, providing their kill for the males and the cubs. the males seldom involve in hunting, because regardless of their great strength, their weight prevents them from attaining speeds as high as the female, and in the wild, while hunting a fast moving impala or antelope, speed is everything, hence the females do the hunting. males only get involved when really big game (such as the buffalo, hippo, e.t.c) is involved, of which the lions don't do the chasing. they wait for the females to slow down and weaken the animal and then the male's enormous weight and powerful jaws become very important to finally kill the animal. how does this relate to we humans? Men differ from women basically in physical strength. God made the male lions stronger in order for them to provide security and protection to the cubs and females. the females and the young cubs go to bed every night knowing that a heavy artillery watches over them. hence, his strength was given to him, not just for him, but primarily for the benefit of his pride members. Also, there is no strife for supremacy by the females towards the males. they understand its not a competition because they form a composite team together and the males power is actually to the pride's advantage. she instinctively knows that he does a better job at protection. the males too understand how important the females are, they stand the risk of starving to death. the point is the male and female have individual roles to play in the family and it is necessary for these roles to be clearly defined for less friction in the home. any man who uses the strength given to him by God in order to oppress the weaker female counterpart has essentially failed as a man. women should be protected in the society, not oppressed. they should be allowed the opportunity to express their own opinions and their right opinions should be honoured because men are in no way intellectually superior to women or vice versa. women are also supposed to submit to their husbands because the man is essentially the head of the family. unlike the lion, in addition to protection, its also his duty to provide for the family. we should look at family/relationships as a team not a competition.

maybe I watch too much natgeo wild grin, but this is whati could deduce from it tongue.

2 Likes

Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by grad2012(f): 8:24pm On Mar 19, 2016
You must watch Natgeo wild a lot, mst espically bigcat night every monday.

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by LordIsaac(m): 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2016
Good reasoning!
Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by YorubaWoman: 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2016
undecided
Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by Ekugbeh(m): 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2016
K
Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2016
Now you're talking like an Alpha male which most Nairaland Misogynists aren't.
Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by okuneddie(m): 12:26am On Mar 20, 2016
this is what u get when OP watch only Nat Geo wild on dstv.......but u made good of it to explain the gender inequality stuff.....nice one and I'm waiting when I will see u on TV with those big cats and showing us more things we don know...u can start from Gashaka games reserve in Taraba State #winks
Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by odijeks(m): 12:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
okuneddie:
this is what u get when OP watch only Nat Geo wild on dstv.......but u made good of it to explain the gender inequality stuff.....nice one and I'm waiting when I will see u on TV with those big cats and showing us more things we don know...u can start from Gashaka games reserve in Taraba State #winks

Omo those white guys have excess mind. Me goin near those wild cats na suicide o. I'm cool wit just watchn them from my sofa grin, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by odijeks(m): 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
grad2012:
You must watch Natgeo wild a lot, mst espically bigcat night every monday.

I watch it when I can. Seems u do too.
Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by grad2012(f): 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2016
odijeks:

I watch it when I can. Seems u do too.
yes I do,my favourite channel,with the best programmes lols
Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by matrix199(m): 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
The thread's topic reads.... Gender equality from the lion perspective. But you ended up telling a tale of the lion society on how unequal they are. You contradicted the topic with your tale.
Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by odijeks(m): 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
matrix199:
The thread's topic reads.... Gender equality from the lion perspective. But you ended up telling a tale of the lion society on how unequal they are. You contradicted the topic with your tale.
Thanks for that correction.
Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
Cite examples where gender equality will help an average Nigerian lady.

Re: Gender Inequality From The Lion Pride Perspective by Goldman360: 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
Feminists Critique on Aristotle Gender Perspective

Aristotle was making his argument from the point of ancient biology, he felt free to universalize the inferiority of women. In another instance he went further saying that women represent a defaced human nature. The female he argued is “a mutilated male”

http://www.scharticles.com/feminists-critique-aristotle-gender-perspective/

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Marry A Guy Who Earns Below 200k A Month, But Your Boyfriend Earns 55k / She Is Biting Off More Than She Can Chew / Honestly, You Should Date Someone Who Makes Love Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.