Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,427 members, 7,808,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede (34156 Views)

LAGOS Govt Is A Fraud, But Lagosians Wrongly Believe Lagos Is Working / Armoury Used By Criminals To Store Dangerous Weapons Goes Down In Kogi (pics) / Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by Nobody: 1:23am On Mar 20, 2016
Leader of the Nigerian Igbo Community in Europe, NICE, Chief Chris Ebede, has faulted reports circulating in the United Kingdom and some countries in Europe which describe South-East Nigeria (Igboland), Anambra State in particular, as insecure and a no-go area for visitors.

According to him, the claim that the South-East is a haven for armed robbers, kidnappers, advanced fee fraudsters and ritual murderers is untrue and unfortunate.

He pointed out that the reports circulating in the United Kingdom and some countries in Europe had led to a steady degeneration of social and economic infrastructure in the south-eastern states, coupled with the neglect of the zone by the Federal Government and secondly by the poor and dishonest leadership and governance style of the governors in spite of bogus claims of achievements.

“Another negative report was abysmal lack of employment generation facilities especially for youths in the zone which has exacerbated the rate of crime in the zone which, in this case, was true in the recent past in Anambra State, resulting, among other repercussions, in our people residing outside the state,those in diaspora not visiting home to contribute to the development of the state,” Ebede, who led a delegation of NICE on a fact-finding visit to Anambra, stated.

He explained that the reports, which did not go down well with Igbos in diaspora and, therefore, were tabled at the organization’s biennial annual conference/convention and, consequently, the conference resolved to send the fact-finding delegation to the South-East to investigate the situation on ground.

He added that due to some logistic challenges, the organization restricted its first mission to only Anambra, using it as a pilot project.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/europeans-wrongly-believe-igboland-region-criminals-ebede/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by wizberrysokey(m): 1:30am On Mar 20, 2016
Na lie dem b4? grin

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by Nobody: 2:57am On Mar 20, 2016
Sensational journalism.

How does the heading relate to the body of the post.

16 Likes

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by Flexherbal(m): 3:14am On Mar 20, 2016
We should always sell out the good image of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by cutestcee: 3:22am On Mar 20, 2016
It could be true because u only meet and deal with the foolish, unintelligent drug addicts not sober enough for good reasoning. cool

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by naijaking1: 3:38am On Mar 20, 2016
Fact finding tour is not the answer, because the writer of such articles are sworn enemies of Igboland, and they are devoid of truth. A counter campaign is more likely in order.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 20, 2016
even local nigerians are scared of going therr

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 20, 2016
Europeans are from the yoruba tribe oh.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by naijaking1: 5:08am On Mar 20, 2016
BlackMaria:
Europeans are from the yoruba tribe oh.

Some people from the Yoruba tribe, cowards will say things they know are false just to malign Igbos. Remember the "restaurant" in Anambra state where you can order human flesh from the menu
Lies, Lies, and more lies, because folks are weak and not capable of honest competition.

19 Likes

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by omoelesa(m): 5:16am On Mar 20, 2016
Why dem no go think so,when be say na drug dem go they carry up and down.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 20, 2016
naijaking1:

Some people from the Yoruba tribe, cowards will say things they know are false just to malign Igbos. Remember the "restruant" in Anambra state where you can order human flesh from the menu
Lies, Lies, and more lies, because folks are weak and not capable of honest competition.
Learn how to spell before you word-battle with me. ****

78 Likes

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by WaffenSS(m): 5:18am On Mar 20, 2016
Flexherbal:
We should always sell out the good image of Nigeria.

You mean we should always betray the good image of Nigeria?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by PentiumPro(f): 5:25am On Mar 20, 2016
True though .

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by lekjons(m): 6:04am On Mar 20, 2016
what is a "europeans" where can i find it

1 Like

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by raker300: 6:19am On Mar 20, 2016
The population of foreigners in the east is on the high side. The other day, a white man entered keke with me here in enugu.

Mexican restaurants are opening here in enugu.

One of the Chinese staff of 'lifemate' a furniture company is living close to my place here in enugu.

Foreigners are running the many drug companies here. They move around to sell their drugs becos of the competition they face in the east from local drug companies

My former company was bought by the Chinese here in enugu.

My last visit to ogbunike cave in Anambra were white people flooded the cave is something else. You need to go there and see the number of foreigners in that cave

People can say what they want but the situation on ground here Is different. Whites are more free in the east unlike Lagos where they always move around with heavy security

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by ariesbull: 6:26am On Mar 20, 2016
WaffenSS:
Igboland IS a region of hardened criminals.

I'm yet to meet a decent Igbo...

Is ikpu nne gi decent ?

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by Mckennedy: 6:41am On Mar 20, 2016
Envy and jealousy can't take you no where, yet you can't do without igbos even as they are demanding for Biafra I saw many pissing inside their pants..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by cocoduck: 6:51am On Mar 20, 2016
ariesbull:

Is ikpu nne gi decent ?
nna I'd kwa wicked

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by ZZ22: 6:56am On Mar 20, 2016
Read the comments above later youruba will come out to say they dont hate the Igbos.... Hate channeled to wrong direction

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by ZZ22: 7:01am On Mar 20, 2016
WaffenSS:
Igboland IS a region of hardened criminals.

I'm yet to meet a decent Igbo...
im yet to meet a yoruba without an atom of cowardice.... Using mile 12/agility palava as a case study

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 20, 2016
Lemon12:
undecided

Clown. Do I look or sound like a Yoruba to u.

lekjons:
Americans will always be stupîd until they realize there is life outside the Jordans..
tell same to ur brothers down east who thinks everyone in the north is Hausa. hypocrisy runs in ur blood

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by focus7: 7:29am On Mar 20, 2016
The notion that Igbo land is a region for criminals should not be termed wrongful, it is a common knowledge around the world. Just check the criminal reports that involves Nigerian both within and outside the country and observe the percentage cover by the Igbos, it will amaze you that igbos alone cover 70% of the crimes committed by Nigerians.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by PRXPERT: 7:30am On Mar 20, 2016
raker300:
The population of foreigners in the east is on the high side. The other day, a white man entered keke with me here in enugu.

One of the Chinese staff of 'lifemate' a furniture company is living close to my place here in enugu.

Foreigners are running the many drug companies here. They move around to sell their drugs becos of the competition they face in the east from local drug companies

My last visit to ogbunike cave in Anambra were white people flooded the cave is something else. You need to go there and see the number of foreigners in that cave

People can say what they want but the situation on ground here Is different. Whites are more free in the east unlike Lagos where they always move around with heavy security
Doont mine them, I know where these lies are coming from, they have been snitching against us since, when we were not looking at the media propaganda. Now they are still writing rubbish against our people. One seen on tape saying rubbish about igbos, instead of him to face his crime. In enugu I have seen white women ride themselves on their cars alone nothing happened to them, but that can't happen in lagos.. where every white must have driver and security... they will keep writing, we. will keep moving!!

13 Likes

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by joliyp(f): 7:37am On Mar 20, 2016
The oyinbo man must be high on somtin

2 Likes

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by PRXPERT: 7:49am On Mar 20, 2016
raker300:

Doont mind them, I know where these lies are coming from, they have been snitching against us since, when we were not looking at the media propaganda. Now they are still writing rubbish against our people. One seen on tape saying rubbish about igbos, instead of him to face his crime. In enugu I have seen white women ride themselves on their cars alone nothing happened to them, but that can't happen in lagos.. where every white must have driver and security... they will keep writing, we. will keep moving!!

4 Likes

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by lekjons(m): 7:54am On Mar 20, 2016
Kingsolex1:

tell same to ur brothers down east who thinks everyone in the north is Hausa. hypocrisy runs in ur blood
nigga calm down.. i'm Yoruba!

8 Likes

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 20, 2016
naijaking1:

Typical, you want to change the subject, because you have no points to make, only noise.
Now that,you have spelt correctly.
What is the subject again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede by plaetton: 8:12am On Mar 20, 2016
focus7:
The notion that Igbo land is a region for criminals should not be termed wrongful, it is a common knowledge around the world. Just check the criminal reports that involves Nigerian both within and outside the country and observe the percentage cover by the Igbos, it will amaze you that igbos alone cover 70% of the crimes committed by Nigerians.

I just laugh when empty vessels pontificate.
Of course, I am assuming you don't know and understand simple statistics.

First of all, you are guessing. Show us the official statistics to back up your spurious claims.

Secondly, if Igbos make up 70% of Nigerian population in any given locality, simple statistics would suggest that about 70% of Nigerian related crime would also mirror the population ratios.

Let me break it down to kindergarten language for you.

Most crimes committed in Abeokuta, Lagos and Ibadan, for example, are committed by Yorubas, simply because Yorubas are by far the majority in those places.
Likewise Igbos in Enugu, Niger-Deltans in Warri, and Hausas in Sokoto.

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Atiku Blew Kisses In Owerri During The South-East Campaign Rally (Video) / Niger Coup: Buhari Expresses Shock, Urges Tinubu To Resolve Crisis / EFCC Detains Senator Albert Bassey Over Receipt Of N1.1b Vehicles From Oil Baron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.