Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? (3830 Views)

The 2019 Presidential Elections And The Current Noipolls / Orji Uzor Kalu Meets IBB In His Minna Mansion Over 2019 Presidential Elections / "Foreigners Were Used To Win The 2015 Presidential Elections" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by opribo(m): 7:56am On Mar 20, 2016
By that time he will be 80 yes, he will rig it and some misguided youths in the name of socisl edoa change agent will campaign for him, so yes he can win through togging only.

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 20, 2016
ItuExchange:
“Vote for a candidate who promises the least, for he would disappoint you the least.” – Bernard Baruch

I wish our president long life and sound health.

The most important reason why people voted for Buhari (APC) was because they were disillusioned with Jonathan (PDP). They thought that a new party in power would bring the promised change.

Nigeria is a complex nation, and doing things that would bring positive effects nationwide is extremely difficult. The reality is: promises are easy to make but difficult to execute. For example, I hated the issue of N5000 for every unemployed youth or citizen. While it sound perfect in theory, it would fail in practice because of severe budget shortfalls, and because Nigeria is not yet ripe for that; or why would not a millionaire apply for such N5000 if he would not be found out?

Very soon, Buhari would be one year in power and very soon 4 years in power. People have become poorer, more people have become unemployed, etc. In fact, things have become worse, though that does not rule out the possibility that they can improve soon. I hope Buhari’s government would do things that would make most Nigerians smile, apart from the ongoing recovery of looted funds.

In case the situations continue as they are (God forbid), do you think Buhari can win the next presidential elections? Do you think people would, out of indignation, vote back the now precarious PDP into power? Would people rather continue voting for APC instead of seeing PDP return to power? What is your prediction? Can anyone really satisfy Nigerians?

Neteller here: www..com.ng

Would he still contest again for second term?
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 20, 2016
Pidggin:
I hope he never comes back to contest. No fuellllll, no lighhhttt, our currency is almost useless, INEC is failing, unlawful arrests, Islamization, I truly hope he resigns before then, except we start experiencing positive change, cheers.
This type of mentality will leave you less inclined to creative thinking. When you realise what's going on, others would have gone far. The foundation for economic growth has always been set during serious economic meltdown such as what we are going through. Countries think of alternatives, businesses diversify and entrepreneurs spring up. I asked a young man what else he would do in this period if government doesn't employ more people and he talked about migrating. The truth is that where he would be migrating to, he would have to do menial jobs, think creative or sink lower than he is presently. Why do the Arabs and Indians come here and identify business opportunities faster than Nigerians? Because we want government to do everything.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by tuniski: 8:19am On Mar 20, 2016
Adminisher:
Why are there so nany immature kids on Nairaland? . A man has not even done up to one year, you are saying he wont win next elections. Even if you dont like Buhari and you are his enemy, your best weapon is patience. This kind of thread is just what the APC needs to re position. Tve APC was very patient with Jonathan and they made him destroy himself and his administration. Please have the courtesy of extending same to APC

If a government in power is not corrupt it is almost sure to win re elections. Dont forget APC has social intervention programs they are yet to roll out. Those programs are a winner everyday.because for the first time a government is going to put the intetest of the lower class and middle class first. Let us wsit for the success of that and their intenal security programs before talking abour elections
Do you think those who voted against GEJ/PDP waited for 4yrs to decided as in the majority northern votes? Certainly no, they have always voted buhari since 2003. If buhari likes let him continue to fail or have a new mojo and deliver a maximum 30%. Eyes of the marginal voters that swing the victory don cllear. He will be swept out of Aso Rock come 2019!

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by Toosure70: 8:30am On Mar 20, 2016
both APC and PDP can never win again.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by sol2galay: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2016
Emancipation2:
The answer is a big "YES" I have studied Nigerian politics very carefully. One lesson I have learnt is "never ever underestimate the Yorubas igbophobia".
It is the foundation and driving force of southwest politics on a national level.

The Yorubas are one of the most intelligent groups in Africa and the world at large but they are the only group in modern history that will support a backward group to rule if they feel politically threatened.

Yorubas feel threatened by the possibility of an Igbo dominance both economically and politically. Because of it, they make irrational and ultra emotional political choices that are beneficial to them in the short term but always disasterous to them in the long term.
History proves me right. So let's all continue suffering and smiling.

Wrong observation,last time I checked Ndiigbo have not presented any Candidate and Ndi yoruba refused to vote for him.
First of all let us get a brand and nature him other tribes will be forced to vote for him than pulling our own down. Instead of exalting GEJ,fayose,saraki,dasuki etc. We have Ezekwesili,ngige(he used to be a beautiful brand of Anambra politics bt sentiments has let us hate him),we Rochas and soludo,how about Kalu,is he not Presidential brand supposing we value our own. So put down the blame game and lets put our house in other,nobody is our problem but we.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by teekay213(m): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2016
Emancipation2:
The answer is a big "YES" I have studied Nigerian politics very carefully. One lesson I have learnt is "never ever underestimate the Yorubas igbophobia".
It is the foundation and driving force of southwest politics on a national level.

The Yorubas are one of the most intelligent groups in Africa and the world at large but they are the only group in modern history that will support a backward group to rule if they feel politically threatened.

Yorubas feel threatened by the possibility of an Igbo dominance both economically and politically. Because of it, they make irrational and ultra emotional political choices that are beneficial to them in the short term but always disasterous to them in the long term.
History proves me right. So let's all continue suffering and smiling.
the same yoruba that voted jonathan "in" in 2011 voted him out 2015 because he did deliver what he promised.if buhari should continue like this they will vote him out 2019.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by dokunbam(m): 8:58am On Mar 20, 2016
lekjons:
by 2018 we should be able to answer that question..
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:08am On Mar 20, 2016
ziccoit:

Hehehehe, electoral defeat is truly a b1tch. Do you remember the same Yorubas you are denigrating voted GEJ, the adopted son of Ibos, after he completed Yar'Dua joint ticket against Ribadu, an Hausa man you termed backward, presented by ACN? If there is any region in this country that have been playing politics on emotion and irrationality, bros, don't look beyond SS and SE.

Bros, except in Lagos, there is no state in SW that has not been ruled by PDP and AD/AC/ACN/APC. This is happening in SW of Proudly Yorubas when regions of SS and SE are saying they would rather die and buried with PDP and all that have anything to do with the party. The same PDP that was created and built by "backward" Hausas and nurtured by "emotional" Yorubas is now a pet in the hand of Igbos. What a people and manners of reasoning.

Meanwhile, I stopped taking Biafrian agitators serious the moment I discovered that;

Losers in PDP = TAN = IPOB.
superb response buttressed with facts!
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:23am On Mar 20, 2016
Only PMB can stop himself from not winning and dat is if he is not going for d second term.
The man defeated d incumbent president and he will defeat whoever is coming as d incumbent.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by DauraDullard0(m): 9:26am On Mar 20, 2016
KissCODE:
oh this is from a painfilled SOUL...

Sorry bros... It shall be well okay
That's Musiwa. Pay him no mind.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 9:27am On Mar 20, 2016
THE ETHICAL & NON CORRUPT BUHARI WILL WIN COME 2019.
GOD BLESS PMB
GOD BLESS APC
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by gartamanta: 9:54am On Mar 20, 2016
blackpanda:
The question is irrelevant because Buhari has no interest in coming back. The better question would be: who can nigerians count on to take over after 2019? Mind u, its not about apc or pdp or christian or muslim or north or south.

We need someone sincere and strong enough to rule this complex and stubborn country

Have you ever seen a Nigerian president who had no interest in coming back? The Buhari who fought for 12 year to return is who you think will have no interest to return in 2019? I laugh in Swahili. Assuming that Nigeria doesn't break up before 2019, I think it is highly likely that Buhari will be re-elected, no matter how bad his administration is. Naturally, we Igbos will not vote for Buhari or APC and most of the so called Niger-Delta will not wont either. However much of the North will vote Buhari once again, and of course, the Yorubas who are self confessed slaves of Northern Nigeria will support their masters with their votes. So the truth is that Buhari has already won the 2019 elections even though his administration may become 100 times worse than GEJ's. As an Igbo man, I already know that Nigeria is a hopeless situation and im looking elsewhere for inspiration now.................
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by blackpanda: 5:40am On Mar 21, 2016
gartamanta:

Have you ever seen a Nigerian president who had no interest in coming back? The Buhari who fought for 12 year to return is who you think will have no interest to return in 2019? I laugh in Swahili. Assuming that Nigeria doesn't break up before 2019, I think it is highly likely that Buhari will be re-elected, no matter how bad his administration is. Naturally, we Igbos will not vote for Buhari or APC and most of the so called Niger-Delta will not wont either. However much of the North will vote Buhari once again, and of course, the Yorubas who are self confessed slaves of Northern Nigeria will support their masters with their votes. So the truth is that Buhari has already won the 2019 elections even though his administration may become 100 times worse than GEJ's. As an Igbo man, I already know that Nigeria is a hopeless situation and im looking elsewhere for inspiration now.................

Sorry but nigeria will NOT breakup. Nigeria is NOT a hopeless situation and more importantly, it is impossible for any regime to be worse than jonathan!
Igbos wont vote for Buhari not because he's not performing but simply out of spite and tribalism. Yorubas and smarter and more realistic, but it doesnt make them slaves. You guys are just angry cos they got a better deal than you. If u wont support a northerner (any northerner) simply out of tribalism, then Igbos can NEVER dream of producing president. Cos any vote without the north will lose! This is simple arithmetic.

Until the igbo man is able to let go of the past and plan for the future, the dream of producing president will never materialise. Plus this your whole biafra debacle is not helping matters. You allow yourselves to be used to settle personal scores. Btw Civil war was a war, both sides committed attrocities.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by modath(f): 6:37am On Mar 21, 2016
ziccoit:

Hehehehe, electoral defeat is truly a b1tch. Do you remember the same Yorubas you are denigrating voted GEJ, the adopted son of Ibos, after he completed Yar'Dua joint ticket against Ribadu, an Hausa man you termed backward, presented by ACN? If there is any region in this country that have been playing politics on emotion and irrationality, bros, don't look beyond SS and SE.

Bros, except in Lagos, there is no state in SW that has not been ruled by PDP and AD/AC/ACN/APC. This is happening in SW of Proudly Yorubas when regions of SS and SE are saying they would rather die and buried with PDP and all that have anything to do with the party. The same PDP that was created and built by "backward" Hausas and nurtured by "emotional" Yorubas is now a pet in the hand of Igbos. What a people and manners of reasoning.

Meanwhile, I stopped taking Biafrian agitators serious the moment I discovered that;

Losers in PDP = TAN = IPOB.

Bravo, you forgot to add that the same SW still gave the IB 40% of of their votes in 2015 but where where electoral defeat exists, amnesia is allowed!!

Emancipation2,

When the Forbes African billionaires are released, I always wonder where the economic powerhouses you keep chest beating about are.

Oil importation & lopsided government contracts execution are not what intelligent people term as "economic development", real businesses are grounded in human capital, technology driven or in commodities!!

SME & importation are the Ibo way, we applaud you, desk jobs are favoured amongst the Yoruba, leave them to it... Let each one continue the course & see how it pans out for the two.

SME is sustainable but importation? Let's see how that will work out when the nation moves to become if not 100%, at least 30-50% self reliant....

Please liberate yourself from the dungeon of shallow thinking, Igbophobia only exists in your minds, whatever you get is the reaction that your action attracts.....

The civil war is long over, Jonathan is resting in Otuoke, you chose to die with PDP, more power to you... no be by force to support person nah, live & let live...

Yoruba however are fluid in their partisanship, it is called feathering one's nest, no sensible person will fault that.

1 Like

Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by gartamanta: 7:55am On Mar 21, 2016
blackpanda:

Sorry but nigeria will NOT breakup. Nigeria is NOT a hopeless situation and more importantly, it is impossible for any regime to be worse than jonathan!
Igbos wont vote for Buhari not because he's not performing but simply out of spite and tribalism. Yorubas and smarter and more realistic, but it doesnt make them slaves. You guys are just angry cos they got a better deal than you. If u wont support a northerner (any northerner) simply out of tribalism, then Igbos can NEVER dream of producing president. Cos any vote without the north will lose! This is simple arithmetic.

Until the igbo man is able to let go of the past and plan for the future, the dream of producing president will never materialise. Plus this your whole biafra debacle is not helping matters. You allow yourselves to be used to settle personal scores. Btw Civil war was a war, both sides committed attrocities.

You talk like someone living in dream land. What do you think Nigeria is? You think it is a United people who love each other and see each other as one? On the contrary, Nigeria is just the enforced gathering of certain ethnic nationalities in west Africa by the British. You said Nigeria will not break up? Even Britain that created Nigeria came close to breaking up in 2014 with the Scottish referendum. Czecoslovakia broke up in 1992. But it is the Hausa/Yoruba/Igbo people who don't even like each other that you think cannot break up? I laugh in Igbo. The Igbo mans dream is no longer to produce the president of Nigeria. The office of the president of Nigeria is a worthless position that has not helped anybody, not even those who have held the position in the past. Igbos are concentrated on something far more important than the Nigerian presidency. Wake up bro, we are not one. No matter how much you want to believe Lord Lugard that we are one, we are not. We proved this to ourselves by killing each other to the tune of over 3 million. Nigeria is still what it is when Lugard created it in 1914, the enforced union of people.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by blackpanda: 9:27am On Mar 21, 2016
gartamanta:

You talk like someone living in dream land. What do you think Nigeria is? You think it is a United people who love each other and see each other as one? On the contrary, Nigeria is just the enforced gathering of certain ethnic nationalities in west Africa by the British. You said Nigeria will not break up? Even Britain that created Nigeria came close to breaking up in 2014 with the Scottish referendum. Czecoslovakia broke up in 1992. But it is the Hausa/Yoruba/Igbo people who don't even like each other that you think cannot break up? I laugh in Igbo. The Igbo mans dream is no longer to produce the president of Nigeria. The office of the president of Nigeria is a worthless position that has not helped anybody, not even those who have held the position in the past. Igbos are concentrated on something far more important than the Nigerian presidency. Wake up bro, we are not one. No matter how much you want to believe Lord Lugard that we are one, we are not. We proved this to ourselves by killing each other to the tune of over 3 million. Nigeria is still what it is when Lugard created it in 1914, the enforced union of people.

Actually you are the one in dreamland my friend. You seem to think all igbos are united and have the same agenda. Even within the igbo states, there is disunity. An ebonyi man will never be regarded as equal to an anambra man. This fictitious eldorado that u daydreaming about does not exist anywhere. All countries have there challenges and most have fought their own civil war at one point or the other

Btw go back and do ur research well. Its only a naive individual that wld think the nigerian civil war was just abt tribe. There were bigger forces at play. Where do u think ojukwu got his finance and weapons from?? Stop dreaming and wake up my friend. We are all in this boat together, we either sink or swim together!
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by gartamanta: 9:36am On Mar 21, 2016
blackpanda:

Actually you are the one in dreamland my friend. You seem to think all igbos are united and have the same agenda. Even within the igbo states, there is disunity. An ebonyi man will never be regarded as equal to an anambra man. This fictitious eldorado that u daydreaming about does not exist anywhere. All countries have there challenges and most have fought their own civil war at one point or the other

Btw go back and do ur research well. Its only a naive individual that wld think the nigerian civil war was just abt tribe. There were bigger forces at play. Where do u think ojukwu got his finance and weapons from?? Stop dreaming and wake up my friend. We are all in this boat together, we either sink or swim together!

Your problem is that Lugard came to west Africa to tell you that you are a Nigerian and you believed him. It's time you started asking your fellow West Africans if what Lord Lugard said is actually true or false. Someone suffering from colonial mentality cannot really reason well.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by blackpanda: 9:40am On Mar 21, 2016
gartamanta:

Your problem is that Lugard came to west Africa to tell you that you are a Nigerian and you believed him. It's time you started asking your fellow West Africans if what Lord Lugard said is actually true or false. Someone suffering from colonial mentality cannot really reason well.

You dont have to be rude or insulting to make your point. Nigeria was not the only colonized country in the world and our disunity solves nothing. Like I said, even within the igbo community there is no unity. So ur arguments have no merit!
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by PlacidMartins(m): 10:45am On Mar 21, 2016
No Nigerian in his sound mind would vote for the APC presidential ticket for yet another tenure. President Buhari isn't living up to our reformation expectations. I'm sorry, I wouldn't vote him a next time.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by enlightenedmind: 11:26am On Mar 21, 2016
Buhari is not wining the next election. God forbid. We as youth have to come together and decide what we want. It is not PDP neither is it APC. We want a new enlightened political party and we must begin to make those changes now.The current political parties are not needed. Scraped completely. We need to begin formation of new ideas, parties with young innovative minds that cut across regions. Stop this talks and begin doing something.
Re: Can Buhari Win The Next Presidential Elections? by ItuExchange(m): 8:14am On May 16, 2016
Are these pains necessary? Would they lead the expected positive change?

Neteller here: .com.ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic - Boko Haram Release Video Of Captured Soldiers Awaiting Execution / Nairaland Is The Third Largest Forum In The Word-picx / Street Horse Race In Northern Nigeria Gone Wrong: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.