Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,506 members, 7,801,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed (37411 Views)

TY Bello Celebrates Her 40th Birthday. Stuns On The Cover Of ThisDay Style / #BBNaija: Efe Covers ThisDay Style Magazine / Agege-Bread Model, Olajumoke Orisaguna On Thisday Style Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by chyket(m): 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
Where I come from,you are never expected to asess yourself but rather you wait for others to do so.This is pure arrogance and having a bloated image of oneself.Trying to tribalise it is very childish and unwarranted because she doesn't know the parameters used for this assessment.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by Naff24(f): 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
gaburiel:
I just found my missing slippers on the third lady in the top row wink wink wink
You killed her bro.....thats cacus of sagged boobs grin

On her Chest
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by Baroba(m): 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
What a self conceited clown, don't worry next week you will make the list with Mr Ibu, Osuofia and Saka..

If you know your worth why worry over something based on someone else opinion..
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by Adebola314: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2016
amtaken:
Lol I don't wanna start with you.

I doubt if you really kniw Nkiru.

One of her diamond earrings alone can buy all Mercy's clothes including the accessories.

Joker, keep dreaming.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by eazydon(m): 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
I see
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by iroc4eva: 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2016
hope no dat ur white garment wit carpenter nails u de call designer? mercy z omotola Igbo? dakore, rmd. bervely n some of them there , are they Igbo's? jst cos u post ur selfie at per 2nd rate in social media does not mean u will be picked any time best dressed are being mentioned, go to ur husband's office n be his 1st,2nd......20th best dressed n leave thisday media alone its not ur papa or husband property... beauty without brain
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by maruzia: 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
yvelchstores:
Ol. Personally, I don't think they didn't pick her cos she is a Yoruba actress. Maybe she didn't qualify cos of one tin or the order but not because of Yoruba wateva, come on now..

WHY MUST NIGERIANS PLAY THE ETHNIC CARD TO PUSH THEIR LAME POINT HOME WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS? ??
MERCY, THIS IS SO BENEATH YOU. YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER.
THIS IS ANOTHER 'IS NOT MY FAULT. ITS THE DEVILS HANDIWORK'. HABA NOW, THE PEOPLE WHO COMPILED THE LIST JUST DID NOT YHINK YOU WERE GOOD ENOUGH. IS IT BY FORCE? OMOTOLA IS THERE SO THERE IS NO DISCRIMINATION AGAINST YORUBA ACTRESSES. WHAT ABOUT HAUSA ACTRESSES. SHOULDNT THEY COMPLAIN TOO ?

Stop throwing tantrums and act your age. You have been believing your own hype for too long. Welcome to reality.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by elopee3000(m): 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2016
dacovajnr:
So you mean If not for her Rich husband she won't able to afford the Dresses she wears? Do you néed someone to tell you that she already made name for herself before her husband married her? Even Dakore Egbuson you mentioned above is married to a son of a billionaire and she was much relevant when she wasn't married compared to now that she's married does that mean she wouldn't be where she is today if not for her husband as well? I'm not sure about your age but m sure my 4yr old Niece knows better
yollywood and kannywood is not same as nollywood u people can not your cake and have it back,nollywood was created and yollywood and kannywood creat thier own name too so this award is for nollywood ok,she should wait when Iroyin newspaper start giving award she may get one or gaskiya paper from north undecided
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by jeyselassie(m): 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
Didnt know she was a actor tot she was an actress

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by glossy6(f): 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2016
wetin she dey wear self? Abeg Adam bring my leaves make I tie for waist.
......waka pass
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by amtaken(f): 8:10pm On Mar 20, 2016
It's not by wearing pinging and yori yori shiny stuffs but wearing classy and pricey items.

No need of arguing with you. I know that if I give you N100k to buy clothes you will buy one hundred thousand pieces of clothes with them.

Mgbeke is real but am just finding out.

Bye.

Adebola314:

Joker, keep dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by dfrost: 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2016
VictorRomanov:
Things like these happen when you care too much about public opinions on your private matter. Do you dress to get recognition or Cos you want to cover ur unclothedness and appear good and comfortable?

Bros, bros, bros you never said it any better. Exactly my thoughts. I dress because I want to not because someone will appreciate me or not. My colleague once told me not to put a stripe tie on a stripe shirt. I simply asked her "are you the authority on that?" People just want to exact their thinking process on others. Like someone said earlier inferiority complex is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by maruzia: 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
amtaken:
It's not by wearing pinging and yori yori shiny stuffs but wearing classy and pricey items.

No need of arguing with you. I know that if I give you N100k to buy clothes you will buy one hundred thousand pieces of clothes with them.

Mgbeke is real but am just finding out.

Bye.

WHAT IS THIS OLODO RANTING ON ABOUT?
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by chuckdelis: 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
d bitch is jt pained, 3 words 4 u. #work#Work#work.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by elopee3000(m): 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
UIA04:

Of course it would.
Throughout the year mercy has done no wrong when it comes to fashion. Even the reigning queen Rita Dominic was beaten hands down by mercy.

But the real reason for her rant is the open marginalization of Yoruba film actors in Nollywood treating them as local when some of their movies are better than the English ones. At least for every yoruba movie I've watched no matter how bad I've learnt a lesson, compared to the English movies that can go on and on without sense.
Mr man this category is for nollywood not yollywood or kannywood what is all this her lamentation about? For ur eyes she dresses more Rita Dominic? Anyway u from ibadan
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by elopee3000(m): 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
Adebola314:

How can you compare that Anumudu that is like a scary looking dragqueen with those frightful eyes, covered from head to toe in FAKE designer bling with classy Mercy Aigbe? Mercy buys real stuff, pls. Anyway it's not the world end that she was overlooked but good luck next time.
so mercy aigbe is ur Julia Robert u must be from oshogbo and ur Muslim name must be tawakalitu angry

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2016
dahdah:
that's maturity

Nothing really mature about what she did
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
gurunlocker:
from that fifth to the last line na slaying.... I love it

Thisday thought Nollywood is about igbos.... their wahala, they should have removed that bae with fallen heroes.

Your eyes too sharp , you fit see boobi from Ibadan. Hian!
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by dacovajnr: 8:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
elopee3000:
yollywood and kannywood is not same as nollywood u people can not your cake and have it back,nollywood was created and yollywood and kannywood creat thier own name too so this award is for nollywood ok,she should wait when Iroyin newspaper start giving award she may get one or gaskiya paper from north undecided
Ogbeni who is arguing about Nollywood or Yollywood Oga maybe you should read the trash you wrote about her Dolling up coz she has a Rich man as her husband..The distance btw your brain and your Sense is like that of planet earth to that of Jupiter undecided

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by dabimzy(f): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2016
Local ti take over. If u no believe ask olajumoke!

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by elopee3000(m): 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2016
dacovajnr:
Ogbeni who is arguing about Nollywood or Yollywood Oga maybe you should read the trash you wrote about her Dolling up coz has a Rich man as her husband..The distance btw your brain and your Sense is like that of planet earth to that of Jupiter undecided
Mr man use ur tongue to count ur teeth ,du bist egoistisch lass mich rue mia egal
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by dacovajnr: 9:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
elopee3000:
Mr man use ur tongue to count ur teeth ,du bist egoistisch lass mich rue mia egal
Now it's Obvious undecided
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by vivavik(f): 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
She and Rita are the only stunners in nollywood, u can never catch them with anything less than gorgeous, the rest are #tagalongs# this day are probably blind.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by HaneefahRN(f): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
She deserves it tho, I love her fashion sense, from native to other wears, she is always on point.
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by Jadekitana2(f): 10:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
gaburiel:
I just found my missing slippers on the third lady in the top row wink wink wink

On her Chest
wicked
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by cvon(f): 10:08pm On Mar 20, 2016
She's a celebrity
So she should be recognized at all times
Besides she's slayer
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by slimberie(f): 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2016
[quote author=OnWebTech post=43947020]what of omotola... Go get ur spectacular abeg
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by maruzia: 10:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
cvon:
She's a celebrity
So she should be recognized at all times
Besides she's slayer
Dragon slayer?
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by UIA04(f): 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
elopee3000:
Mr man this category is for nollywood not yollywood or kannywood what is all this her lamentation about? For ur eyes she dresses more Rita Dominic? Anyway u from ibadan
I am a woman. Though I like Rita, Everyone can testify that she was the best dressed at the awards this year.
Yes I'm from Ibadan the one with the capital as asaba

1 Like

Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by flokii: 11:27pm On Mar 20, 2016
Later they complain of Nollywood not moving forward..

when some set of people decide to do things like it all belongs to them.. and when d spoils come, they make it a collective stuff

Mercy you sef get time sha.. buh really glad yoh pointed it out
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by bily(m): 3:40am On Mar 21, 2016
[quote author=slimberie post=43956482][/quote]

You did not understand her rant.

Her issue is that those acting Yoruba films are segregated, omotola you mentioned does not act Yoruba films, rather she belongs to the English nollywood category.

BTW, mercy is not Yoruba, so she wasn't talking about tribe but film category
Re: Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed by Tolatutu: 4:46am On Mar 21, 2016
Adebola314:

Joker, keep dreaming.

Actually one of Nkiru's outfits can buy most p plies wardrobes, she's the one Nigerian woman that wears clothes right off a parish and Newyork runway. Fake is not in here dictionary Abeg but she's not in Nollywood. However that doesn't change the fact that Mercy slays plus she's not talking about tribe but the fact that thos in YOruba movie industry are usually excluded from such things because some people feel they are better than them. Mercy herself is Edo not Yoruba , she is right that there's a prejudice against the actors and actresses that act in our local languages which is crap. It shows how fake people are, ironically MOvies in our ingenious languages are usually better than the English one's with all the fake accents and silly unrelatable story lines

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Segun Wire: "Zlatan Ibile Collected All The Things He Bought For Me" / Comedian Edo Charles Finds His Daughter After 18 Years / Genevieve Nnaji Celebrates Christmas With Beautiful Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.