Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,789 members, 7,798,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Marriage Is NOT A Partnership - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Is NOT A Partnership (1805 Views)

Help!!!! My 2 Months Old Marriage Is About To Crash / Another Abroad Marriage Is Crashing Before My Eyes. / "Marriage Is Not An Achievement To Some Of Us" - Club UNO CEO Rants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Vinshu(f): 6:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
Disclaimer: Im entitled to my opinion.

When feminists clamor for gender equality, the hypocritical men will say a man is the head, bla bla bla. They start to quote all the verses from 2000 years old bibles.

But when we agree that we ain't equal and want the men to do their job that makes them "the head" they say marriage is a partnership.

Marriage is NOT a partnership.

In business, we have debtors and creditors. In marriage, a woman is a creditor, whilst the man is a debtor. Calm down, I'll explain.

Let's get down to the way "God" ordained it. 1 Timothy 5 : 8 and 1 Timothy 3: 4 let us understand that IT'S A MAN'S JOB to provide for his wife and children in all ramifications include finance. The same bible that make the man the head is the same bible that makes it clear that a man is to provide for his family not the wife and husband. It's the husband alone.

Excuse me, a man has an idea, he shares wth his wife if the wife is not ok with the idea, no one cares the man makes the final decision even if the wife is not ok. So that authority the man has over his wife, the price to pay is to fend for his wife and kids in all ways. Even as small as making her hair. Any damage, the man is to bear the damage in shield of the woman.

1 Peter said a man should not cover his hair in the church as his head is the glory of God and the woman's hair is the glory of the man. So, now tell me, how is marriage a partnership?

I'm atheist, let me leave the religious sector. Let's get down to logic. A man getting married to a woman is incuring an expense. The desire for children and what not. A man is to cater for his children's finances ! Not the wife.

So when I say that a man must have a house and a car should not be taken literally. In the financial world before loans are granted, depending on the creditor, a requirement is a house and a car. Not like the house is a collateral or the car is, but it's actually a yardstick in estimating the probability of repaying the loan. A man must have a house and a car doesn't necessarily mean it must be a physical car. The point is, a man must have money worth enough to get a house and car before finding himself a wife.

I know you gonna ask what is the woman's quota? Yes a woman helps her husband in his endeavours. A companion and a helper. A woman's job is to help take care of the children and household while the man brings the funds.

So a man is a debtor. A man owes his woman and owes his children.

Marriage is no partnership. Everyone has his or her duty.

P.s insults are welcome. Those calling my father and mother, you are also welcome. Those calling me a gold digger you are also welcome

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by hucienda: 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:
When feminists clamor for gender equality...

Are you a feminist?
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by dapsycool(m): 6:28pm On Mar 20, 2016
She can't be feminist. She's from a baltic state. The poverty striken side of Europe and supliers of prostitutes. cheesy grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by dapsycool(m): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
If you need cheap or free sex just move to any baltic country. grin grin
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Elzends(m): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2016
See as barca cast my bet, person come here dey yan lubbish

Op with that kinda mentality, I just hope that you won't end up in your husband's bed and kitchen

I've been around intelligent ambitious ladies to know that ur mentality stinks.

While we pray for Buhari, we'll also pray for you

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Cutehector(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
Op u should also have it at the bak of ur mind the commenters here are also entitled to their own opinion and hav a critique on urs as well..
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

When feminists clamor for gender equality, the hypocritical men will say a man is the head, bla bla bla. They start to quote all the verses from 2000 years old bibles.

But when we agree that we ain't equal and want the men to do their job that makes them "the head" they say marriage is a partnership.

In business, we have debtors and creditors. In marriage, a woman is a creditor, whilst the man is a debtor. Calm down, I'll explain.

Let's get down to the way "God" ordained it. 1 Timothy 5 : 8 and 1 Timothy 3: 4 let us understand that IT'S A MAN'S JOB to provide for his wife and children in all ramifications include finance. The same bible that make the man the head is the same bible that makes it clear that a man is to provide for his family not the wife and husband. It's the husband alone.

Excuse me, a man has an idea, he shares wth his wife if the wife is not ok with the idea, no one cares the man makes the final decision even if the wife is not ok. So that authority the man has over his wife, the price to pay is to fend for his wife and kids in all ways. Even as small as making her hair. Any damage, the man is to bear the damage in shield of the woman.

1 Peter said a man should not cover his hair in the church as his head is the glory of God and the woman's hair is the glory of the man. So, now tell me, how is marriage a partnership?

I'm atheist, let me leave the religious sector. Let's get down to logic. A man getting married to a woman is incuring an expense. The desire for children and what not. A man is to cater for his children's finances ! Not the wife.

So when I say that a man must have a house and a car should not be taken literally. In the financial world before loans are granted, depending on the creditor, a requirement is a house and a car. Not like the house is a collateral or the car is, but it's actually a yardstick in estimating the probability of repaying the loan. A man must have a house and a car doesn't necessarily mean it must be a physical car. The point is, a man must have money worth enough to get a house and car before finding himself a wife.

I know you gonna ask what is the woman's quota? Yes a woman helps her husband in his endeavours. A companion and a helper. A woman's job is to help take care of the children and household while the man brings the funds.

P.s insults are welcome. Those calling my father and mother, you are also welcome. Those calling me a gold digger you are also welcome

You are not a gold digger dear, you are just pained. It hurts being a feminist in a patriarchal society, that's why most of your kind are pained and angry. Weather you like it or not, you can't change the balance of nature. Your longing will be for uour husband, and he will dominate you! If you refuse to be under a man, you will grow old single and lonely! It is a man's world!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Vinshu(f): 6:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
dicefrost:

You are not a gold digger dear, you are just pained. It hurts being a feminist in a patriarchal society, that's why most of your kind are pained and angry. Weather you like it or not, you can't change the balance of nature. Your longing will be for uour husband, and he will dominate you! If you refuse to be under a man, you will grow old single and lonely! It is a man's world!

In my country, feminists are recognised and besides, no man is and no man will dominate me. Seems you don't know me
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Tallesty1(m): 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2016
Who's this ajangbadi mosquito?
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Bayonle10: 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
This is Nigeria,Poor People Often Outnumber Wealthy People and The Middle Class also at the same time Female Population Has Always Outnumbered Males Population Historically...
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by dapsycool(m): 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

In my country, feminists are recognised and besides, no man is and no man will dominate me. Seems you don't know me

Your country is poor. Russian slave tongue
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

So what are you doing on nairaland? Please don't sell your ideology to our women.
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by dapsycool(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2016
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by dapsycool(m): 6:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
I was in her country once. There are too many hungry people living in that country. Leave this Lithuania nonsense alone. They are European dogs. They don't countribute anything to the European economy but prostitutes.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Strahovski1(m): 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2016
+1
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
In 5 years time am sure u wil be single nd frustrated

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by tommychow(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

First, I doubt you're really who you say you are. This is most probably a Nigerian chick going incognito to support women being completely selfish with her possessions and relying on her husband for his.

Second, if you're really not a Nigerian, its seems unnatural that you'd come here and try TOO HARD to convince people far away from you about your views. I read your comments about how things in "your country" are better and how you have a "good job" and make "more money". Seriously, what right do you think you have coming down here to castigate Nigerian men when your NOT gonna marry or date one and will probably never meet one.......except you're really a Nigerian female?

Another thing, you quote the Bible and then go to say you're an "atheist". Most atheists don't wanna justify Christianity by reading the Bible and approving enlightenment. When they do quote the Bible, its always things to use against Christians to prove logical, moral and scientific flaws. I had enough atheist friends, I schooled in UK. It's odd that you're using the Bible to prove your points (which contradicts being an atheist)...except you're a typical religious Nigerian female who knows her way around the Holy Book.

Too many red flags.

10 Likes

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Vinshu(f): 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
tommychow:

First, I doubt you're really who you say you are. This is most probably a Nigerian chick going incognito to support women being completely selfish with her possessions and relying on her husband for his.

Second, if you're really not a Nigerian, its seems unnatural that you'd come here and try TOO HARD to convince people far away from you about your views. I read your comments about how things in "your country" are better and how you have a "good job" and make "more money". Seriously, what right do you think you have coming down here to castigate Nigerian men when your NOT gonna marry or date one and will probably never meet one.......except you're really a Nigerian female?

Another thing, you quote the Bible and then go to say you're an "atheist". Most atheists don't wanna justify Christianity by reading the Bible to approve enlightenment. When they do quote the Bible, its always things to use against Christians to prove logical, moral and scientific flaws. I had enough atheist friends, I schooled in UK. It's odd that you're using the Bible to prove your points (which contradicts being an atheist)...except you're a typical religious Nigerian female who knows her way around the Holy Book.

Too many red flags.

Out of 38 mentions I filtered yours out and I'm replying yours.

Firstly, I owe you no proof or explanation about who I am! In the course of my thread I might say a little about myself that does not mandate me to elaborate or shed light on my personality

Secondly, I have been on this forum for close to 4 years (two monikers) so it's not today I relate with Nigerians online and offline. Even this moniker it's close to 2 years on nairaland. So it is at par with my first point, I owe nobody an explanation. Focus on the thread not who i am. You can talk about the thread not the poster. That's why many fail exams and tests.

Thirdly, I am not convincing anybody on anything and for your info, this thread was copied and pasted from an indian forum which i posted about 8 months ago. Did the Indians say I was indian? Yeah they criticised me just like the Nigerians so it's not new. I don't care. I've shed my view it's up to you to agree or disagree not munching on whether or not vinshu Is nigerian.

Last year one Nairalander said I was from Russia that he knows me accusing me of scam. So everyone is free to a say anything. #FreeSpeech

So Young man, you could share your view on the thread so others can learn even I can learn perhaps I'm wrong not policing my identity. It's not your concern just as who you are and where you are from is no concern of mine.
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Ifakiland(m): 8:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

gals like u are usually from poor ohms.
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by PureWays(m): 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2016
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by PureWays(m): 8:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

You just proved their point with your "no man will dominate me. Seems you don't know me" sentence..

It's obvious you are trying to fight something above you here, your community frowns at your kind of mentality and you couldn't do shiit about it other than rant on a Nigerian forum..

Okay, let's face your premises:
Going by the rule of logic, you claimed to be a feminist whose main goal is Gender equality.
How would you fight for Gender equality when you want the men to provide for virtually everything in a marriage?

Seems you are trying to create some options here, you want the men to choose between Gender equality or Being the only provider in a marriage (since they claim to be above women)
I understand your plight miss, and I know it hurts thinking that men want to eat their cake and still have it.
This is the way the world is wired, you need to deal with it.

What do you really want miss?
Gender equality or Men providing everything in a marriage?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by mentorken05(m): 10:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
Feminist?capital NO. Seems some is really hurt and in pain.
@OP please grow through what you go through ok?
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Monalisa185(f): 10:39pm On Mar 20, 2016
LVG is so lucky we won today, I for singlehandedly give am him sack letter
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Elzends(m): 10:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
PureWays:

You just proved their point with your "no man will dominate me. Seems you don't know me" sentence..

It's obvious you are trying to fight something above you here, your community frowns at your kind of mentality and you couldn't do shiit about it other than rant on a Nigerian forum..

Okay, let's face your premises:
Going by the rule of logic, you claimed to be a feminist whose main goal is Gender equality.
How would you fight for Gender equality when you want the men to provide for virtually everything in a marriage?

Seems you are trying to create some options here, you want the men to choose between Gender equality or Being the only provider in a marriage (since they claim to be above women)
I understand your plight miss, and I know it hurts thinking that men want to eat their cake and still have it.
This is the way the world is wired, you need to deal with it.

What do you really want miss?
Gender equality or Men providing everything in a marriage?
My nigga, collect one bottle of origin, Op go pay

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2016
Monalisa185:
LVG is so lucky we won today, I for singlehandedly give am him sack letter

god punish man u and d man city wey dem beat!
dem just go allow fire catch person for boxer!
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by jayloms: 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
Mtcheww Op I say to you in phyno's voice with a reverb effect *gayrout! gayrout!!* cool
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by LuveU2(f): 10:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
Is it not this same vinshu who insulted Nigerian women on another thread? mcheeeeeeeew!

Better state clearly in all your threads that you are not a Nigerian woman and stop spoiling our name.
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by databoy247(m): 11:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
OP, I have been drawn to comment on your thread.

Its understandable that a man is supposed to cater for 101% of the family needs and truly there is nothing against such.

However, lets not steer our arguments on logics and premises. Lets look at it from another angle: Reality!

Living standards are not the same globally from 30 years ago. There is an increase in population, limited resources and high competition on virtually everything. So to survive this harsh times and come out a winner you have to support your husband any way you can.

Cos out there in the competition, you are seen as ONE and not seperate individuals. Now, to beat the competition, you both have to work as a team, hence the partnership.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by paragon40(m): 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

i disagree, if marriage is not partnership.den it is a one man show...i think u still leave in d past last week..gender equality bill was rejected by d senate..d bill bn rejected is nt the subject matter here, but to prove a point dat woman of now wants to start doing things diffrntly, and nt just sit bk and be seen as inferior.. Woman in Nigeria now contest and win elections, just like dr male counterparts rather dn just sit @hme and baby sit, watch dstv frm morning til nte, cook, polish nails..chew gum and bring nothg to d family....even d gvt wants our woman to be empowerd and be usefl 2 d society at large, wc d family is part of d society the bedrock sef, d society today wants our woman to be productive and useful to d society and dr family..ur positon is totally unacceptable bcus it puts women backwards and such should nt be allowed. Ur focus was more on d man and a position wer d woman is to sit at home and get fat,. What happens wen d man gets "broke" after the marriage? What next, who is to do what? It takes meji (two) to tango..if MR A IS TO REFER TO MRS. A he will say this is my life "partner" lastly u can neither be here or there, u said no man wil own u, no man wil dominate u..yet u want hm to do evrything in d fam, hs opinion wil definately dominate u.. he feeds u and cloth u..indirectly u ar hs property..marriage na partnership biko....u indirectly admit dat cuz if marriage is nt partnership y talk abt duties?.
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
OP clap 4 yaself
just keep on contradicting yourself and playing dog attitudes here.....u are an atheist today, tomorrow a christian, feminist today, dependent tomorrow....all na wash
cos men are measurement of things
keep it up, folks of similar mindset will agree sha...each with his or her own reality

you're free with ur thought, windy, who gives a fvck? dis one change 1 naira to $350?
**drives my keke dey go**
Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 21, 2016
dapsycool:
She can't be feminist. She's from a baltic state. The poverty striken side of Europe and supliers of prostitutes. cheesy grin

very right ! who knows when their master Russia will invades them soon, infact dre men get alpha-bullying genes pass anyone....poor eastern europe country!

1 Like

Re: Marriage Is NOT A Partnership by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 21, 2016
[quote author=tommychow post=43952214]

Second, if you're really not a Nigerian, its seems unnatural that you'd come here and try TOO HARD to convince people far away from you about your views. I read your comments about how things in "your country" are better and how you have a "good job" and make "more money". Seriously, what right do you think you have coming down here to castigate Nigerian men when your NOT gonna marry or date one and will probably never meet one......?

Another thing, you quote the Bible and then go to say you're an "atheist". Most atheists don't wanna justify Christianity by reading the Bible and approving enlightenment. When they do quote the Bible, its always things to use against Christians to prove logical, moral and scientific flaws. .
gud u noticed sir!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Runaway Brides: An Expensive Joke That Must Be Stopped! / I Need A Date / No Nigerian Girl Really Worth Your Time, Except She’s Fulani/hausa–twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.