Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project (24942 Views)

Photos Of Ongoing Dualization Of Yenegwe-Kolo-Otuoke Road In Bayelsa By FG / Ebonyi Ring Road Project, A Dream Come True / Otuoke Road Overtaken By Flood, Indigenes Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project by Toktee(m): 10:41am On Mar 21, 2016
kenonze:
GEJ is a big disgrace
yet they insulted Osinbajo when he said gej do not construct any road in the past six years,now i called on amtaken,snape and chukwudi to come and see where charity has refused to start at home.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project by AfroKnight: 10:46am On Mar 21, 2016
Lol. another legacy of the hero.

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project by flokii: 10:48am On Mar 21, 2016
tonardo:
GEJ was working in the north and forgot his home town. thinking he will win the election.

yet some morons keep attacking yorubas for d clueless drunk loss at d polls..

that's how dull & bad those guys are.. annoying set of people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project by zheroes(m): 10:51am On Mar 21, 2016
ShitHead:
Is Otuoke not in Nigeria? Why the animosity? Animals in power...If it was in Daura, can they stop it? Animals in power...animals in power.
your stupidity and that of those clicking like on this silly comment is heart breaking, sentiments and tribalism has eating off peoples sense of reason!!! Is it a crime to stop a contractor if the monitoring team observes a bad job is been done? Besides they said senate commitee and some idiots brought in daura!!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project by bennymark(m): 10:57am On Mar 21, 2016
Lol, ineffectual buffoons village road, what a shame. I heard one time Buhari wanted to build a helipad in daura?

grin grin grin grin

I surrender! Let the drunkard's worshipers crucify me now...

tongue shocked

1 Like

Re: Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project by erekoshe: 11:02am On Mar 21, 2016
YourNemesis:

Did I say he should CONCENTRATE on his hometown? ......
His village does not have a ROAD linking it with the rest of the world, while he was busy gallivanting round the country commissioning all sorts of projects in other places, and you are here telling me thrash...... Goodluck tried to please unpleasable people, and when the time came to vote, they didn't hesitate to kick out his smelly butt.
BTW: Who TOLD you that most past presidents didn't leave their hometowns/localities better than they met it?

If I tell you your brain is an app, will you make use of it?
Re: Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project by size40: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2016
YourNemesis:
Under this guy called GEJ, The most Useless Northern Cities of no economic importance got airports built (Gombe, Dutse, Birnin Kebbi and co) while his own hometown does not even have an accessible link road.
LOL..... I laugh in Engenni
When we say that GEJ never meant well to Niger Delta people, they think we are blackmailing him. Our brother GEJ as most of us from Niger Delta commonly say, sat for good six years yet, couldn't complete and Airport project started by yar' Adua.. GEJ sat for good six years as a President couldn't construct ordinary road to his home town Otueke and some people still want me to support and talk good about him? In delta state, people still support James Ibori even in prison because of his good work in his home town. Am Rivers man. Even in death I will never support GEJ
Re: Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project by yusufbida(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2016
phemmyutd:
YENAGOA —IRKED by the level of work on the 16 kilometre Otuoke Road project in Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, Projects, has ordered the contractor handling the project to stop work and vacate site immediately.
The Senate Committee, which was on an inspection tour of various NDDC projects in Bayelsa State, expressed anger over the poor performance of the contractor handling the road project which connects former President Goodluck Jonathan’s country home, Otuoke, with Yenagoa, the state capital.
Chairman of the committee, Senator Peter Nwaobushi, who stated this in Yenagoa, said that the contractor, after collecting N600 million mobilization for the project, reduced the scope to six kilometres, without any agreement with NDDC, yet with no appreciable work on ground to match funds so far released by the commission.
The committee also expressed displeasure with the slow pace of work at the Akenfa Canal Bridge in Yenagoa, the state capital, however, admitting that the delay was caused by the non-release of funds to the contractors.
On the hostel project located at the Niger Delta University, NDU, Amassoma, the Committee lauded the contracting firms for their work pace despite the re-design of the project to include drainages to allow easy passage of rain water.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/senate-orders-contractor-stop-work-otuoke-road-project/

Is that not former president Goodluck Jonathan home town?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Aspirants Paid Between N15 & N60million To Secure Tickets - Saharareporters / Gunmen Kidnap Evans Odibo Akponana, Shoot Security Guard Dead / Wike: I Sacked Tamuno Because He Didn't Know The Limits Of His Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.