Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price (3735 Views)

How Can I Update My Iphone 5 Which Was Sent To Me After I Inserted My Glo Sim / Check Out The Price Of The New Nokia 3310 / Woman Dives Into A Deep Lake To Save Her Iphone 5 Which Fell Inside (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Tunchi101(m): 7:32am On Mar 21, 2016
Browse and Game A lot . Please Only Comment If You Are Sure About What You Saying
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by mosjames: 7:37am On Mar 21, 2016
Phantom 5 of course.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by acenazt: 7:41am On Mar 21, 2016
M5
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Bosun13: 7:46am On Mar 21, 2016
M5 is good I'm using it
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by rottennaija(m): 7:48am On Mar 21, 2016
M5 by far. I'm using Phantom z and my dad uses m5.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Tunchi101(m): 7:50am On Mar 21, 2016
Bosun13:
M5 is good I'm using it
bro, does the battery really last n how long hv u been using it
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by jheed: 6:43am On Mar 31, 2016
Tunchi101:
Browse and Game A lot . Please Only Comment If You Are Sure About What You Saying
guy i advise u to go for phantom 5
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by teelaweee(m): 6:44am On Mar 31, 2016
Tunchi101:
phantom 5
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by daphid25(m): 8:10am On Mar 31, 2016
rottennaija:
M5 by far. I'm using Phantom z and my dad uses m5.
He said Phantom 5 not phantom z
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 31, 2016
Phantom 5 by far. 1080p vs 720p,(that gionee screen is a deal breaker for me, I wonder why they keep putting 720p on a 5.5 inch phone and still sell it expensive), 3gb of ram vs 2gb, fingerprint scanner, better build quality. Just put it like this, Phantom 5 is flagship phone while the m5 sold in Nigeria is mid range.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Theanonymous9: 2:05pm On Mar 31, 2016
greenhulk:
Phantom 5 by far. 1080p vs 720p,(that gionee screen is a deal breaker for me, I wonder why they keep putting 720p on a 5.5 inch phone and still sell it expensive), 3gb of ram vs 2gb, fingerprint scanner, better build quality. Just put it like this, Phantom 5 is flagship phone while the m5 sold in Nigeria is mid range.

I'd like to have u know that all these specs u mentioned equates to M5 specs. Except, of course, the fingerprint sensor.

Tecno's 3gb can actually be a genuine 1.5gb RAM. Can u compare an advanced interface like Amigo to whatever it is Tecno uses?

Infrared Sensor for IR booster.
A better and standard ba3 life
General functionality
Infact if Fingerprint thingy interests u that much, u can also do that with M5 using an app that utilizes its brilliant Auto focus. Yeah, it might take longer than Phantom's but it still plays the same role.

It's been long since I argued with someone online. *Shows u a seat* and hey, here's an M5 to type in ur statement cuz phantom won't be able to handle the heat
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
Theanonymous9:

I'd like to have u know that all these specs u mentioned equates to M5 specs. Except, of course, the fingerprint sensor.

Tecno's 3gb can actually be a genuine 1.5gb RAM. Can u compare an advanced interface like Amigo to whatever it is Tecno uses?

General functionality
Infact if Fingerprint thingy interests u that much, u can also do that with M5 using an app that utilizes its brilliant Auto focus. Yeah, it might take longer than Phantom's but it still plays the same role.

It's been long since I argued with someone online. *Shows u a seat* and hey, here's an M5 to type in ur statement cuz phantom won't be able to handle the heat

the specs are not the same. Do u wanna deny that Gionee M5 has a screen resolution of 720x1280 pixels with 267 ppi while Phantom 5 has a resolution of 1080x1920 and 401 ppi. That one alone is a dealbreaker for me, I can't imagine having 720p display on a 5.5 inch, the ppi of phantom 5 almost doubles that of the M5. The M5 sold in Nigeria also has 2gb of ram while Phantom 5 has 3gb of ram. Please tell me does a 5.5 inch phone with 720p display and 2gb of Ram look like a flagship phone for 2015? Plus the M5 has 1.5ghz quad core whille Phantom 5 has 1.5ghz octacore processor.. they both use the same mediatek 6735 so it is obvious Phantom 5 is the better phone.

The only area the M5 triumps is in battery, but that also makes the phone thicker. Flagship phones don't need to come with monster batteries, the Galaxy s6, HTC one M9, Sony Experia Z5, LG G4, Xiaomi mi 5 etc all have less than 3,200mah battery. Also the back of the M5 is made of plastic while Phantom 5 is made of metal. I know the M5 has this metal look but it is actually plastic, just like Innjoo deceive us with plastic case and paint it to look like metal.

Just so u know, I don't use Tecno, but I appreciate a good phone. I will use whatever phone that suits my needs. I don't use any Tecno phone but if I am to choose one between the 2 and price is no problem, I will choose the Phantom 5 over and over.

Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 01, 2016
Theanonymous9:

General functionality

na lie, that guy na true. U no fit compare full hd to 720p. I dey observe how some company dey play una with large screen, large battery while de res. and other specs. dont complement
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by jworos(m): 8:18am On Apr 01, 2016
Theanonymous9:

General functionality

I love Gionee, but I had to go for Meizu M2 Note, cuz of the screen quality and I don't regret it.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by kolexepana: 10:36am On Apr 01, 2016
greenhulk:
Well said wink
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Xxpress(m): 10:50am On Apr 01, 2016
I don't like arguing with people online but I think I should contribute here. Sometimes u don't have to believe the phone specs as said by the manufacturer. Am not using any of the phone but I believe gionee specs more than tecno. I uses gionee splus and av not seen any tecno phone Camera that beats the back 13mp of the splus.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by mosjames: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2016
Xxpress:
I don't like arguing with people online but I think I should contribute here. Sometimes u don't have to believe the phone specs as said by the manufacturer. Am not using any of the phone but I believe gionee specs more than tecno. I uses gionee splus and av not seen any tecno phone Camera that beats the back 13mp of the splus.
Smh.. but you said you don't believe in specs... you're putting sentiment innit
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by selfmadeOLX(m): 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
This is not a true question
First.. They are not of same specifications
Second.. They are not of same price
But for the sake of the topic and the OP
On paper.. Phamtom 5 wins with a TKO
On actual usage.. M5 triumphs
First.. I have done a side by side comparison of the Phantom 5 and M5
M5 has a better desplay.. Upon all the FHD 401ppi.. It's just Tecno's thing to have a washed display (problem must be from the company who produce their screens)
M5 has better camera both rare and selfie.. No need to stress this point too much.. Walk into a slot and do the comparison "seeing is believing abi"
M5 adds a better advantage of superb battery life.. Of curse Gionee is known for that
Durability.. They would both drag on that but
M5 is international standard.. International known OEM which Tecno lacks thats why you wouldn't find andything "TECNO" in the tech world like AndroidAuthority, GSMARENA or GIZCHINA
So I give it to M5 on durability..!
Other features like the gorilla glass 3 for protection, secondary mic, IR BLASTER is also a plus for the M5

All and all OP
Am not sure its worth breaking the bank on Phamtom 5 with just a finger print as an advantage when you can get the Apple of china "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3" with better specs than both device listed above and even cheaper..!
Google.. YouTube.. Slot.. Make your research.. Make your decision..! smiley

4 Likes

Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Jascon4: 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
selfmadeOLX:
This is not a true question
First.. They are not of same specifications
Second.. They are not of same price
But for the sake of the topic and the OP
On paper.. Phamtom 5 wins with a TKO
On actual usage.. M5 triumphs
First.. I have done a side by side comparison of the Phantom 5 and M5
M5 has a better desplay.. Upon all the FHD 401ppi.. It's just Tecno's thing to have a washed display (problem must be from the company who produce their screens)
M5 has better camera both rare and selfie.. No need to stress this point too much.. Walk into a slot and do the comparison "seeing is believing abi"
M5 adds a better advantage of superb battery life.. Of curse Gionee is known for that
Durability.. They would both drag on that but
M5 is international standard.. International known OEM which Tecno lacks thats why you wouldn't find andything "TECNO" in the tech world like AndroidAuthority, GSMARENA or GIZCHINA
So I give it to M5 on durability..!
Other features like the gorilla glass 3 for protection, secondary mic, IR BLASTER is also a plus for the M5

All and all OP
Am not sure its worth breaking the bank on Phamtom 5 with just a finger print as an advantage when you can get the Apple of china "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3" with better specs than both device listed above and even cheaper..!
Google.. YouTube.. Slot.. Make your research.. Make your decision..! smiley

What's IR Blaster and what's it's function?
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by selfmadeOLX(m): 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Jascon4:

What's IR Blaster and what's it's function?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_blaster
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by hefelove(m): 10:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
How much are d price of dis 2 phones pls
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by djkaneo(m): 4:02am On Apr 02, 2016
The phantom 5 is better than the M5. The Gionee has an IR blaster, the fingerprint scanner on the Phantom5 to me, is more important. A shitty 1080p screen, is better than a 720p. Same processor? Same Clock speed? more cores win. Ram size doesn't make much difference, how the OEMs tweak their hardware and software to handle tasks is the important thing. But having an extra GB of unused ram, is okay. The Gionee has a big battery though, suited for a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Eljames: 4:26am On Apr 02, 2016
Please someone should remember that with the M5 720p display, it also features an amoled screen which equates it to a normal 1080p screen resolution.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2016
Eljames:
Please someone should remember that with the M5 720p display, it also features an amoled screen which equates it to a normal 1080p screen resolution.
and who told u that pixel amount can be equated to screen type

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Jascon4: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Xxpress(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
mosjames:

Smh.. but you said you don't believe in specs... you're putting sentiment innit
Am not sentimental at all. Wat am saying is that don't believe only in specs, try and read reviews and first hand experience.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by ritababe(f): 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
phantom five is better, but if u want it for game chose m5 Cus of the battery.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by selfmadeOLX(m): 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
Jascon4:

Gratitude!

Yes boss..! smiley
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by djkaneo(m): 7:20am On Apr 03, 2016
Eljames:

Just how ignorant can u be!
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by mosjames: 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
Xxpress:

Am not sentimental at all. Wat am saying is that don't believe only in specs, try and read reviews and first hand experience.
I guess you've not had a first hand experience.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
Eljames:

This is not true. There is no way a 720p display will be better than a 1080p display of same screen size even if the 720p is amoled. If u think that is the case then why does Samsung who are the king of super amoled use qhd (higher res than 1080p) on their flagship phones. They should have used 720p now since it is super amoled. If u have ever used a qhd phone or even 1080p u will know what I'm saying. Having a 720p on a 5.5 inch phone in 2015 is unacceptable unless the phone is an entry level phone. The m5 is no way near phantom 5 and it is obvious gionee target the mid range market for this phone while phantom 5 is moving towards a flagship device. The last time Samsung used 720p on their flagship phone was with the galaxy s3 back in 2012 and the display is still better than that of gionee m5 because it is a 4.8 inch screen vs 5.5 inch of the m5.
Re: Gionee M5 Or Phantom 5? Which Is Better Irrespective Of The Price by Xxpress(m): 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
mosjames:
I guess you've not had a first hand experience.
of which phone?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get 10GB On M.t.n/airtel / Xiaomi Redmi 8 Unveiled With Snapdragon 439 And 5,000mah Battery / 11-year Old Builds Power Grid For Whole Village From Raw Sewage -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.