Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! (2120 Views)

Igala Colonisation Of Northern Igbo States (1450-18th Century) / A New Tribe Has Emerged! - Northern Igbo / Northern Igbo Residents Denounce Kanu Extend Olive Branch To Arewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Zobski(m): 10:06am On Mar 21, 2016
hmmmmm... I know many people will come for my neck for these post, but is high time I speak for many Igbo's especially those in the north. yes! it pains me when my brothers agitates for biafra. one thing I keep asking myself is these: were they aware that some Igbo's if not majority is residing north. if they do, then why risking our life's in one fruitless pursuit for Biafra? here, is ten good reasons why Igbo's in north are the real Igbo's.

(1) We're more intelligent: yes, northern schools is difficult than thoes in east. it is devoid of cultism and subjected to hardwork.In the east, is easy to bribe your way to the top. Unlike the north, yet Igbo extraction in north still pave there way to the top. 'e no easy'.
(2) The non-indigene perspective: Igbo's especially fall victim of these yet we don't give up. give it to Igbo's in north always stand their ground no matter what. we still find our way out.
(3) Love for money: everybody loves money but Igbo's have been accused of lusting for it more. yet it will surprise you that not all Igbo's love money those in the north are the ones with these huge appetite. if you understand the intimidation Igbo's face in north yet are in the forefront especially in monetary affairs then you will understand who the real, Igbo's are.
(4) Igbo's in the north are the most crucified. they are victim's of northern aggression yet proudly Igbo's.
(5)Igbo's in the north still speak Igbo fluently even if they had spent 20 to 30 years in the north.
(6)Unlike other Igbo men you find in the east that talk carelessly without action. you won't catch an Igbo man talking carelessly in the north cos they are responsible and won't engage in beer parlour gossip.
(7) most Igbo's in the north has since forgotten the past and have moved on with there future. these is what the true Igbo's are know for. We don't wine over spilled milk.
(coolIgbo's in the north have suffered more death consequences either due to ethnicity or religious view. yet We rock and we still believe in the Igbo nation.
(9) Igbo's in the north are Nigerians. not ipob cos we understand the consequences for our action
(10) you can add yours...

5 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Mutuwa(m): 10:13am On Mar 21, 2016
Zobski:
hmmmmm... I know many people will come for my neck for these post, but is high time I speak for many Igbo's especially in the north. yes! it pains me when my brothers agitates for biafra. one thing I keep asking myself is these: are they aware that some Igbo's if not majority are residing in the north. if they do then why are they risking our life's in one fruitless pursuit for Biafra? here are ten reasons why Igbo's in the north are the real Igbo's.

(1) We are more intelligent: yes, northern schools is difficult than thoes in the east. it is devoid of cultism and subjected to hardwork.in the east is easy to bribe your way to the top unlike the north. yet Igbo extraction in the north still pave there way to the top. 'e no easy'.
(2) The non-indigene perspective: Igbo's especially fall victim of these yet we don't give up. give it to Igbo's in the north we always stand our ground no matter what. we still find our way out.
(3) Love for money: everybody loves money but Igbo's have been accused of lusting for it more. yet it will surprise you that not all Igbo's love money those in the north are the ones with these huge appetite. if you understand the intimidation Igbo's face in the north yet are in the forefront in monetary affairs then you will understand who the real Igbo's are.
(4) Igbo's in the north are the most crucified. they are victim's of northern aggression yet proudly Igbo's.
(5)Igbo's in the north still speak Igbo fluently even if they had spent 20 to 30 years in the north.
(6)Unlike other Igbo men you find in the east that talk carelessly without action. you won't catch an Igbo man talking carelessly in the north cos they are responsible and won't engage in beer parlour gossip.
(7) most Igbo's in the north has since forgotten the past and have moved on with there future. these is what the true Igbo's are know for. We don't wine over spilled milk.
(coolIgbo's in the north have suffered more death consequences either due to ethnicity or religious view. yet We rock and we still believe in the Igbo nation.
(9) Igbo's in the north are Nigerians. not ipob cos we understand the consequences for our action

cool

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by solid3(m): 10:14am On Mar 21, 2016
Please tell your brothers to forget the past and move on. Biafra can never be achieved in their present lifetime if at all it will be achieved.
Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Monalisa185(f): 10:16am On Mar 21, 2016
which one be NORTHERN IGBOS again?....Hian!!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by munchi(m): 10:33am On Mar 21, 2016
solid3:
Please tell your brothers to forget the past and move on. Biafra can never be achieved in their present lifetime if at all it will be achieved.
who asked for your advice?

8 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2016
Zobski:
hmmmmm... I know many people will come for my neck for these post, but is high time I speak for many Igbo's especially in the north. yes! it pains me when my brothers agitates for biafra. one thing I keep asking myself is these: are they aware that some Igbo's if not majority are residing in the north. if they do then why are they risking our life's in one fruitless pursuit for Biafra? here are ten reasons why Igbo's in the north are the real Igbo's.

(1) We are more intelligent: yes, northern schools is difficult than thoes in the east. it is devoid of cultism and subjected to hardwork.in the east is easy to bribe your way to the top unlike the north. yet Igbo extraction in the north still pave there way to the top. 'e no easy'.
(2) The non-indigene perspective: Igbo's especially fall victim of these yet we don't give up. give it to Igbo's in the north we always stand our ground no matter what. we still find our way out.
(3) Love for money: everybody loves money but Igbo's have been accused of lusting for it more. yet it will surprise you that not all Igbo's love money those in the north are the ones with these huge appetite. if you understand the intimidation Igbo's face in the north yet are in the forefront in monetary affairs then you will understand who the real Igbo's are.
on behalf of me and my brothers, we apologize for 4 and 8
Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 21, 2016
Sharap

You want to tell me those short short black ibo guys from HellBonyii are real Igbos?
Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by cybernaut(m): 10:52am On Mar 21, 2016
i don't care if d hausa/fulanis kill all of u d igbo in d north.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by orisa37: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2016
The best Igbos past were Nnamdi Azikwe-Zungeru; Dim. C. Ojukwu-Zaria; and Nzegwu-Kaduna. The worst are those bearing Ojo and Rotimi. They are callous.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by kushma(m): 11:40am On Mar 21, 2016
orisa37:
The best Igbos past were Nnamdi Azikwe-Zungeru; Dim. C. Ojukwu-Zaria; and Nzegwu-Kaduna. The worst are those bearing Ojo and Rotimi. They are callous.
this the truth bro.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Iykopee(m): 11:51am On Mar 21, 2016
Can i see some1 competing for the number one spot in mumurity? ;DCan i see some1 competing for the number one spot in mumurity?
Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by phantom(m): 11:55am On Mar 21, 2016
Seriously trying to make sense of this post but I can't.
Can someone please explain to me what the OP is saying.thanks

4 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Yujin(m): 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2016
Zobski:

Op always think through what you intend to achieve before you write down what you want to communicate. Igbos residing in northern Nig is not northern Igbos.
Igbos are Igbos without any sectional adjectives to differentiate them. Igbos born in the north or those who have resided in that region for long of which I'm proudly one are not more real in any aspect than our kinsmen back home. It will be foolishness to state other wise. Although some of the points you noted might be valid in some instances, they are not entirely true. The only clear differences I've noted are these;
1. Majority of us born in the North are no more very competitive like our brothers back home. We still have the drive to excel and make wealth but the fierce nature of our home based relations in their pursuit of achievements remain exceptionally high.
2. We the northern based Igbos to an extent have a broader view of Nigeria because of the interactions we've had with our tribes and groups. Consequently, we tend to make better social judgements than our brothers back home.
That said, I'll make some things categorically clear here. Many people tend to make the fallacy of generalization. The north has a lot of Igbos residing there and many of her people have been kind to us. We have even intermarried with some of the numerous tribes there. We have invested heavily there too and contributed to the development of the land. However, one thing that is a big turn off is the lack of respect for human life. From the loitering multitudes of young busybodies who can destroy your entire life work just over an irrelevant allegation to the government officials who can promulgate laws targeted at crippling your genuine source of income for either tribal or religious differences. To sum it all up, you are living in a region where you are not sure of what can happen the next moment. Points to note!
Do we support biafra? I can wager that a majority of us do.
Do we support IPOB? I believe a lot of us do too but are very concerned about our investments.
Do we believe in one Nigeria? Yes, if only it can boast of an egalitarian society where justice, equity, peace and prosperity is guaranteed. Biafra becomes an option when it is glaring that the desired is not in sight.
Have we forgotten about the the events of the war?
No, we have not. How can we forget when occasionally we ourselves have been attacked and killed for no crimes whatsoever. We have forgiven those who genuinely apologized to us and asked for forgiveness mostly the northern Christians. We are still ready to forgive others if they apologize and bring justice and equity to the fore in the administration of Nigeria.
Once again Ndigbo are one and can never be painted with divisive adjectives to satisfy anyone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by ckmayoca: 12:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
Did u just finish JAMB and bored or what?
Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by hansad: 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
Zobski:

There are no unreal Igbos. Every Igbo is Igbo - Real Igbo.

After the divide-and-rule tactic that got oil producing states in the south fcccuked up by north and southwest for fifty years, you have been paid to introduce division into the Igbo tribe, to have the Igbo continue to be ruled by southwest and northern Nigeria. Only Satan himself shall take care of people like you.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Yyeske(m): 12:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
Can't say much here since i'm based here in the SE though lived a better part of my life in Lagos. I'm not pro IPOB even if Biafra remains my dream some day. OP 's assertions are null and void because Igbo bu Igbo anywhere we are and we still retain our distinct characteristic wherever we find ourselves, so OP should do the needful and shove this crap where the sun doesn't shine. You can't divide us, that is assuming you are Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Ariani: 12:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
The OP needs his head examined.

The Northern Igbos are Igbos whose indigenous homelands are located at the Northern fringes of Igboland, ie the Nsukka, the NNorthern parts of Ebonyi and Igbos indigenous to Benue state( the Umuezeokoha clan).

Any Igbo resident in Northern Nigeria, is a stranger there and should see himself as a stranger too, cos that's what Northerners there see them as.
It's only delusions and foolishness that will make an Igbo man to start addressing himself as a "Northern Igbo man", simply because he resides in the North.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by gartamanta: 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
The OP is deluded. Can somebody tell him that you do not have to be a Nigerian citizen to reside in Northern Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by stonemasonn: 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
phantom:
Seriously trying to make sense of this post but I can't.
Can someone please explain to me what the OP is saying.thanks
the op in the usual nature of the Igbos is trying to classify the Igbos into real Igbos and fake Igbos.
Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Ojiofor: 12:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
There is no place in the world where Igbos are more conscious of their Igboness than in Nothern Nigeria due to hostile attitude of their host.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Tallesty1(m): 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2016
Bros visit home, hopefully you will get sense.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by skyman200(m): 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
there is nothing like nothern ibos bros,the real ibos are in the eastern part,they never accept injustice and intimidation from any ethnic and also kws their right.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by BushidoBlue(m): 2:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
No one is mentioning the Igbos that ran home after different massacres and lynching events... such as...

Sharia riot of 2000,
Miss World Riot of 2002
Boko Haram killings (pre death of Their leader) 2003
Bombings of churches (catholic with mostly Igbos) 2009 - 2012
Post election violence of 2011

So when you are a true Igbo because you are in the north, maybe it's because you survived these or weren't around when it was happening...

I survived one and never went back...

Northern Igbo koor

South south Fulani ni...

angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by seunny4lif(m): 2:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
grin grin
Make I book space before I read this super Story
Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
OK, what about the FULANIS in the North. .. ..?
Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Habakus: 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
Another brainwashed impostor that feels Igbos are his problem...

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by Creamish(f): 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
Lolz @Real Igbos and Fake Igbos.. Nairaland is filled with all sorts really.. grin
Re: 10 Good Reasons Northern Igbo's Are The Real Igbos! by PRXPERT: 8:14pm On Mar 21, 2016
I understand what the op is trying to say, I think he is deluded by one nigeria . Here is the thing igbos in North are still very much Igbo though some of them are laid back, the hustling and competitive atmosphere are lacking.
I don't know where you got this notion that East bribe their way out! wake up brother!! stop saying what you don't know! Someone made same comment while I was in school. Please stop saying rubbish,Igbos in the East are the reason why they are just sparing you. With out them, you are nothing in the north! The competition in igboland is too much! some igbo Lagosians are the most annoying pricks! They are too relaxed and loud like the yorubas. They forget they are Igbos all the time,if you are not being told that you are igbotic, or you to get sense or you like money bla bla bla then your igboness is fake!
My little stay in the north has shown that igbos love themselves so much, regardless of what the naysayers have opined. I have countless of times I received unmerited favour from the igbos just because I spoke igbo to them, I love the fact that they are together in the north more than in any region. they also talk about biafra amongst themselves in the north too. They speak Hausa and igbo fluently.. so calm down bros... The worst thing you will do as an igboman in the north is to be disconnected to East! my advice is, if you have money, living in the north, do invest in the east no matter how small.... igbo bu igbo!! you're feared not because you are called igbo but because of what you are capable of doing.. look around you, would you trade your igboness to anything hausa or yoruba?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking New: INEC Gives Uche Ogah Certificate Of Return- Pictures / Where Is Tinubu Who Said APC Will Eradicate Poverty In Nigeria? – Aribisala / Picture Of Futo/nekede Road Owerri Our Ancestors Are Mad To Let Rochas Come Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.