Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook (62728 Views)

N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page / Igbo Girl Murders English In Facebook Post... / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
PoisonedOne:
I served in Bayelsa, interacted with many students including the undergraduates of NDU and can authoritatively tell you that the guy in question tried .

Moreover, people like these can be found in every tertiary institution in Nigeria. It's not the University that will "shape" you in terms of grammar and the use of English, it's the Basic Junior education. It is advised to enroll your kids (if you can afford it) into good ( private) schools that would form and shapen them before they get to the Tertiary level and not all those schools where Yoruba or Igbo is used to teach English.
I attended a public primary school...though mum was a teacher in my primary school...

English is only a language, d more u speak it, d better u become.

some pple can't speak their native languages fluently and they dont see anything wrong with that...

3 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Majikals(m): 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
Many people killed English but Dis guy just buried it

9 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Trinxie(f): 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
Chai lipsrsealed
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by frob0genius(f): 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.
Seriously?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by monalicious(f): 5:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.
What is this one saying?

6 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 5:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
monalicious:
What is this one saying?
ask google
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
theshaderoom:

Seriously? You honestly think it's ok for a graduate to write like this? Wow!

as in, he said that is almost as bad as the writer of that murdering text...
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by abumeinben(m): 5:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
thesicilian:

That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake!

Patience is a PhD holder na...

Bro..the message is loud and clear. If u did not graduate from any uni in Niger Delta, keep watching
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by idu1(m): 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
I really don't think it's this guy's fault though.
I agree with what omoyemirally said-
Just because he doesn't know how to express himself in English doesn't make him less educated.

My cousin bro can't speak but is an engineer (a very good one). Companies are looking for him but he's stuck with his company cos in his words "they gave him a chance". When asked how he scaled through the interview, he said twas a disaster but he just asked them to give him a chance and allow him do something and just cut off his first month salary. They did and it's history. They ended up paying him. (Let me not even start with his salary)

He always say, "comprehensive pry and sec sch fvcked me up, but Unn didn't teach me how to speak but how to fix"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.

shocked shocked shocked shocked i was about to reply you with the speed of anger but forgot what i was going to say..... angry angry most of our very good graduates still have issues expressing themselves, some with issues on writing and more and you are here defending him..

4 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
ukjerry:
I really don't think it's this guy's fault though.
I agree with what omoyemirally said-
Just because he doesn't know how to express himself in English doesn't make him less educated.

My cousin bro can't speak but is an engineer (a very good one). Companies are looking for him but he's stuck with his company cos in his words "they gave him a chance". When asked how he scaled through the interview, he said twas a disaster but he just asked them to give him a chance and allow him do something and just cut off his first month salary. They did and it's history. They ended up paying him. (Let me not even start with his salary)

He always say, "comprehensive pry and sec sch fvcked me up, but Unn didn't teach me how to speak but how to fix"

thanks o my sister. I feel so relieved dat someone really understands what I was saying
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by ghost08(m): 6:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
PoisonedOne:
I served in Bayelsa, interacted with many students including the undergraduates of NDU and can authoritatively tell you that the guy in question tried .

Moreover, people like these can be found in every tertiary institution in Nigeria. It's not the University that will "shape" you in terms of grammar and the use of English, it's the Basic Junior education. It is advised to enroll your kids (if you can afford it) into good ( private) schools that would form and shapen them before they get to the Tertiary level and not all those schools where Yoruba or Igbo is used to teach English.
Best post so far

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Reenz25: 6:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
Confuse o
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Godfullsam(m): 7:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
This is a clear indication that NDU is a no go area. The guy done disgrace the university
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Qaisar1: 7:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

And when the 3rd class grammarian and the "strong 2:1" (whatever that means sef) are presented a chance to both market themselves, the grammarian wins! Why? Cos he has been able to brand himself...presentation is key.
Good content without the right presentation won't get any attention (mehn, see my wordplay oo).

You knw moet of soundcity? Ehiz of MTVbase? Who cares about their strong 2:1? They're branded.

True. but you don craze before . lol
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by tuk2ato(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2016
That's encouraging mediocrity. A graduate should be able to construct simple English sentences/grammar.
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by osesology(m): 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
And everybody just forgets the message that my nigga was trying to pass across...chai! english is wicked.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by joshuaidibia(m): 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
Lets join hands and blame it on Buhari grin
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Aimuannose(m): 8:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
I laugh in Ibibio
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by phemybof(m): 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
not suprise when i saw the the region the dude is from,
Stella Odua,Mama Piss.... are role model
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Harfisco(m): 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
Totally meaningless
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by gqboyy(m): 8:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
headache!!!!

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by anochuko01(m): 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
that he went to a UNIVERSITY
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mabel12:
Saw This On FB Please What Is This Graduate Trying To Explain ?

Actually saw this on facebook and am like could this be an end time graduate lol

Now I know how Dull u re the post was meant to be a joke and to make u laugh slowpoke
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by IYANGBALI: 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
funjosh i can see you. Thank God you don finally graduation from unipetrol grin

we go wash am o
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by gurunlocker: 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
This kinda blunder is rampant in a particular region of the country
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by foliks(f): 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
She walked into the banking hall, her pointed shoe announcing her arrival minutes before you saw her.
She wore that kind of dress that convinces you that heaven is missing an angel.
The aroma of her perfume would easily finish a bowl of eba for its sweetness.
And the phone which she gingerly held to her ear, without minding the security guy frantically waving at her that calls are not allowed in banking halls, will cost a small fortune.
She stepped forward, picked a deposit slip and searched frantically for a pen.
About five guys offered her their pens but, shame to bad people, she took mine maybe because I was closest to her.
After a while, or a long while because time stood still, she stood up and inched closer to me.
She whispered: "Please can you spell 'thirty' for me?"
I looked down at her deposit slip in surprise.
She'd written: 'tarty tausanh'!
Olodumare!!!!!!
I hissed and snatched my biro from her hand. Fine face, no brains.

6 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by shamecurls(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:

Re u kidding
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Frankiss44(m): 8:05pm On Mar 21, 2016
kallmemrB:
although his english is not the best but Read S-L-O-W-L-Y you will understand

Lol.. You funny die.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Hairstyle27: 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
speaking english does not mean deris something up der, a lot of white ppl just have nice accent, listen to them closely u go know say na EYINBO!!!!!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Sidewapcom(m): 8:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
thesicilian:

That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake!

And so what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies Pour Water On UNIBEN Final Year Student / Man Disguised As A woman, Sneaked Into Female University Hostel In Port Harcourt / Overhead Water Tank Falls Into Pre-Nursery Classroom In Anambra, Kills 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.