Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! (5354 Views)

How True Is This Online Job Plss / Plss! Help Me Review My First CV / Hi Guys Please Help My Dad Get A Driving Job. Truck, Bus Any Plss :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by mrking3(m): 6:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
amicable09:
OP, hope you don't go about announcing this CGPA everywhere? Because it is poor, sorry. There are higher 2.1 who aren't adding 4... whatever to their honors so keep it aside and just say 2.1.

First step!

Step 2, be consistent. Don't write 3.8 in subject and 3.7 in thread, I hope this isn't what you do in applications. Not cool.

I wish you well, soon you will open a testimony thread. Congrats in advance.
cool

1 Like

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by amicable09(f): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dahveydson:

amicable09, 3.7CGPA is not a poor grade, it's quite surprising to see you say this and defend it with relativity. It's fine to advise but be careful how you give that advice because you don't know the state of the OP. Him putting up his grade is not totally wrong, and it doesn't in anyway says he's better than others but merely stating his qualifications and what he has to offer.

Lol. Not Again!
Another Summon! Mmmh.

Ok! I'm jealous! I'm jealous because OP came on NL to intimidate me! He burned the midnight oil but I didn't! He got a 3.7 rich and fertile CGPA but I got none! I'm jealous. On campus while he was going about studying, I was partying around and now he flaunts his CGPA in my face. What should I do?

Cry my eyes out? No. I bet that will make 2.1 CGPA rich graduates happy. I am simply saying that CGPA is irrelevant to the hunt on ground. Well, if 3.7 makes you happy and gives you a feeling of arrival then don't stop adding it.

amicable09, B.Sc, 2.0.
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Dahveydson(m): 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Not Again!
Another Summon! Mmmh.

Ok! I'm jealous! I'm jealous because OP came on NL to intimidate me! He burned the midnight oil but I didn't! He got a 3.7 rich and fertile CGPA but I got none! I'm jealous. On campus while he was going about studying, I was partying around and now he flaunts his CGPA in my face. What should I do?

Cry my eyes out? No. I bet that will make 2.1 CGPA rich graduates happy. I am simply saying that CGPA is irrelevant to the hunt on ground. Well, if 3.7 makes you happy and gives you a feeling of arrival then don't stop adding it.

amicable09, B.Sc, 2.0.

You conveniently missed the point, but it's fine.

3.7CPGA is poor and irrelevant. smiley

1 Like

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by amicable09(f): 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dahveydson:

You conveniently missed the point, but it's fine.
Thanks. Glad it's out of convenience and not duress.
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
you know you are hilarious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
still waiting for the call though
amicable09:

Lol. Not Again!
Another Summon! Mmmh.

amicable09, B.Sc, 2.0.
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Dahveydson(m): 6:42pm On Mar 22, 2016
tollyB:

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by amicable09(f): 7:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dahveydson:

There was nothing hilarious about that, it was only a poor attempt to sit on logic and twist the issue by appearing funny.
Make this issue clear to me please.
One of these days we are going to have one joblander upload his transcript here in a bid to show how relevant 3.7 is while cheapening his certificate.

Tell me, is your CGPA written in your cert? If no, why not? I really want to understand why you think in this matter of begging online for a job, the attachment of CGPA is important.

Stand on logic and clarify me.
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by amicable09(f): 7:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
tollyB:
Lol. I owe you.
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by amicable09(f): 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dahveydson:

3.7CPGA is poor and irrelevant. smiley
You forgot to add 'relative'. Because I see you are picking singular terms and quoting me out of context.

Don't fish out words that do not sound right to you and attack my full sentences. Read my comments to understand the full message instead.
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Dahveydson(m): 7:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
amicable09:

Make this issue clear to me please.
One of these days we are going to have one joblander upload his transcript here in a bid to show how relevant 3.7 is while cheapening his certificate.

Tell me, is your CGPA written in your cert? If no, why not? I really want to understand why you think in this matter of begging online for a job, the attachment of CGPA is important.

Stand on logic and clarify me.

If you read my first reply clearly, you won't be asking me all this.

1 Like

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Dahveydson(m): 7:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
amicable09:

You forgot to add 'relative'. Because I see you are picking singular terms and quoting me out of context.

Don't fish out words that do not sound right to you and attack my full sentences. Read my comments to understand the full message instead.

Those were your words in full context.

Someone sought for help, and you tell him to his face that his result is poor. Not good.

We are in no position to adjudge the CPGA of another graduate as poor no matter how good ours may be.

2 Likes

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by fulfillbill(m): 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
F**k that shii

Una dey argue who they right and wrong

Get the niggi a job or ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
fulfillbill:
F**k that shii

Exactly grin.
@OP, send me a PM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Dahveydson(m): 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2016
fulfillbill:
F**k that shii

grin grin grin

If OP wants the job, he should go and collect it from HR
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by amicable09(f): 7:52pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dahveydson:

Those were your words in full context.

Someone sought for help, and you tell him to his face that his result is poor. Not good.

We are in no position to adjudge the CPGA of another graduate as poor no matter how good ours may be.
Lol. Now this is funny seeing that it's coming from you.

A few days back, last week precisely a lady talked about her beauty and you told her to her face that she isn't pretty and that she should tuck her pride in.

OP tells us he made a 2.1 and to buttress further and make it look like it is the best thing that any graduate can ever achieve, he adds his CGPA and I look at the CGPA and voice my opinion, you tell me I should not have. Sorry, I have to tell him as it is. If you don't know people who got 3.49 and narrowly missed 2.1 troll NL then you need to start thinking and putting the feelings of those ones into consideration.

You know me. I'm not saying this for myself but for others. That CGPA is POOR. Rich CGPAs are 3.49 and all the .49 that missed .01
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dahveydson:

grin grin grin

If OP wants the job, he should go and collect it from HR
Hehehehe, na so easy for you, empathize with the guy nau.
Who knows what the op is passing through now, considering the fact that he is a Man.
@OP,be strong and don't give up. Also ensure you brush up your aptitude test and problem solving skills, you don't want to be wasting opportunities at these time.
All the best brother!
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Dahveydson(m): 7:59pm On Mar 22, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Now this is funny seeing that it's coming from you.

A few days back, last week precisely a lady talked about her beauty and you told her to her face that she isn't pretty and that she should tuck her pride in.

OP tells us he made a 2.1 and to buttress further and make it look like it is the best thing that any graduate can ever achieve, he adds his CGPA and I look at the CGPA and voice my opinion, you tell me I should not have. Sorry, I have to tell him as it is. If you don't know people who got 3.49 and narrowly missed 2.1 troll NL then you need to start thinking and putting the feelings of those ones into consideration.

You know me. I'm not saying this for myself but for others. That CGPA is POOR. Rich CGPAs are 3.49 and all the .49 that missed .01

Let's end this ehn. To each his own. I still love you. kiss
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Dahveydson(m): 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
cutetonye009:

Hehehehe, na so easy for you, empathize with the guy nau.
Who knows what the op is passing through now, considering the fact that he is a Man.
@OP,be strong and don't give up. Also ensure you brush up your aptitude test and problem solving skills, you don't want to be wasting opportunities at these time.
All the best brother!

That one na joke o, I don already advise Op for my first post here.
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by amicable09(f): 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dahveydson:

Lol. Amy you're trying too much to defend this. Beauty and CGPA comparison? Really?

I got 3.49CGPA and 3.7 isn't in anyway poor to me. Every point counts.

Let's end this ehn. To each his own. I still love you. kiss
Lol. Don't use my pet name here! *tongue out*. I must defend my stance on this matter. Someone has asked me on this thread if I made a 3.5, of course I didn't! So because I did not I should go and die, let people with 3.7 show themselves.

I love you too but to tell a lady she isn't beautiful is the highest wrong any guy can do to a woman. I'm done on this!

Image and reputation matters and I, amicable will keep fighting for those who can't fight for themselves because of fear of being 'ssshhhed'.
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Dahveydson(m): 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. Don't use my pet name here! *tongue out*. I must defend my stance on this matter. Someone has asked me on this thread if I made a 3.5, of course I didn't! So because I did not I should go and die, let people with 3.7 show themselves.

I love you too but to tell a lady she isn't beautiful is the highest wrong any guy can do to a woman. I'm done on this!

Image and reputation matters and I, amicable will keep fighting for those who can't fight for themselves because of fear of being 'ssshhhed'.

We'll talk on our alternate universe. We have given NL enough drama for today. wink

1 Like

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2016
amicable09:

Amy, issssssokay na.
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by adexdon(m): 8:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
E nid good advice guyz
Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by amicable09(f): 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2016
Dahveydson:

We'll talk on our alternate universe. We have given NL enough drama for today. wink
Lol. Over to our next base!

Sorry NL! Dave and I are like this sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by amicable09(f): 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2016
cutetonye009:
Amy, issssssokay na.
Yea Tonye, I've stopped. Our love can be like this. We've been arguing since 1924.

1 Like

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
At 25 years and with a 2.1 you have quite a lot of opportunities before you. Many people have mentioned kpmg and I know they do their test all year round. If you apply, you will be given an invite and you can start from there.
All the other members of the big four companies are also viable opportunities for you to explore. There are many other companies out there looking for someone with your skills. Never stop applying and don't be idle.

As a last resort why don't you look for an accounting firm where you can volunteer. In other words you work for free while they pay you enough to cover your transportation. Many firms would gladly accept this. It might sound stupid or absurd, but I know of someone who made his breakthrough via that route. It is better than being idle and it gives you valuable experience and also something to add to your CV. Again, you might just think of it as a last resort.

As for your CGPA, maybe you shouldnt have placed it there but I don't agree that it is poor. The 3.7 cgpa of one school might be the 4.4 cgpa of another school. When I graduated the best graduating student in accounting department had a 2.1, and I don't even think he made up to 4.0. This means that the second and third best students in the department were in the 3.7 -3.8 range. Considering the peculiarities of that department, that definitely wasn't a poor grade.

Also saying that your CGPA isn't important in recruitment would be laughably short-sighted. There is this popular big four company that you get asked questions about your CGPA and even your waec result during partner interview.

All in all, being idle is not the way. Get out of the house and keep moving. Shalom.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Heineken(m): 6:35am On Mar 23, 2016
amicable09:

Poor in this case doesn't mean lack of money, it means not too good. In the context of that 3.7, 3.8 it is poor. Don't get me wrong here, it is a 2.1 no doubt but I have a problem with the way it is advertised. If all 2.1 graduates attach their CGPA on Nairaland, you will see that 3.7, 3.8 ranks low.

Check out that guy above with his CGPA for instance, he had to put it here so that the OP will know that it is not about 3. There is more to gaining gainful employment than cumulative GPA.
you're a very sharp girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banking Graduate(2.1)(3.8). Urgent Plss!!!b!! by Guest2017(m): 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
@ op, ur class of degree is a good one and the chap ain't bad either, it gives an edge above other people, However, it's not a guarantee of a (good) job, as there are a thousand and one people with even better grades with no job.

U can pay to vacancies check all the see jobssites and nairaland is also a place to be for job hunting, we have a lot of professionals here disguised as "regular people", don't be surprised to know recruiters are also members of this great site. In thr meantime, u can apply for professional exams to boost ur chances, network and pray, it does magic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Programme / Vacancy In University Of Abuja / Graduate Jobs & Internship Programmes (150 Positions Available)-apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.