Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation (35905 Views)

APC Reconciliation: Tinubu In Dilemma Over Grouse With Saraki, Oyegun / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash / Buhari: "I'm Grateful To Nigerians For Wishing Me Good Health" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Islie: 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari says his administration is facing what he calls "the classic dilemma" over the privatisation of the power sector.

He said the privatisation of the sector had yet to show any improvement in the quality of service, saying it was difficult to determine whether it was done in public interest or with profit motive.

President Buhari, however, noted that since the privatisation of the sector had started, the process had to be completed.

Speaking at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa in Abuja Monday at the commencement of a two-day National Economic Council (NEC) retreat titled: "Nigerian State: Multi-centres of Prosperity", he said the epileptic power situation in the country was no longer a laughing matter.

The president said: "Key points to look at here are: Privatisation. We are facing the classic dilemma of privatisation: Public interest vs Profit Motive. Having started, we must complete the process".

He also disclosed that his administration had, in its remaining three, given itself the target of 10,000 megawatts "distributable power", adding that in 2016 alone, the government intended to add 2,000 megawatts to the national grid.

"Nigerians’ favourite talking point and butt of jokes is the power situation in our country. But, ladies and gentlemen, it is no longer a laughing matter. We must and by the grace of God we will put things right", he assured.

He said: "Common public complaints are "Constant power cuts destroying economic activity and affecting quality of life; high electricity bills despite power cuts; low supply of gas to power plants due to vandalization by terrorists; obsolete power distribution equipment such as transformers; power fluctuations which damage manufacturing equipment and household appliances; and low voltage which cannot run industrial machinery.

These are some of the problems which defied successive governments. In our determination to CHANGE, we must and will, insha Allah, put a stop to power shortages".

He said while the National Electricity Regulatory Commission has a vital job to ensure consumers get value for money and over-all public interest is safe-guarded; government has to fast-track completion of pipelines from gas points to power stations and provide more security to protect gas and oil pipelines

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/buhari-i-m-in-dilemma-over-power-privatisation/138825.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by INTROVERT(f): 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nothing to add really.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by olafum1(m): 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
His head may not be correct

151 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by daniska3yaro(m): 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
Lol
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2016
olafum1:
His head may not be correct

Must you comment even when you don't have anything to say?

152 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by kossyablaze(m): 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Coming from a tribalist?U r a joke

209 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by mynd1(f): 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ok.
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by dunkem21(m): 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2016
How did we get here in the first place ?

..Chai

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by kossyablaze(m): 3:35pm On Mar 21, 2016
mynd1:
Oga leave me alone joor. undecided
Tot u no get fear!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by dunkem21(m): 3:36pm On Mar 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Goke7: 3:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
One of the reason I voted for PMB is to reverse the privatization of phcn which was a scam, this is where I will begin to oppose PMB if the damn privatization thing lingers throughout his tenure. The privatization of Phcn was used by the pdp to share to their cronies just like dasukigate. Nonsense.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by LordAdam: 3:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
Murder of English. You are in a dilemma and you have concluded that you would complete the privatization process.

Must you guys always look for an avenue to antagonize GEJ's government, even though you guys are running the country based on GEJ's presets?

-Lord

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by LordAdam: 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
Goke7:
One of the reason I voted for PMB is to reverse the privatization of phcn which was a scam, this is where I will begin to oppose PMB if the damn privatization thing lingers throughout his tenure. The privatization of Phcn was used by the pdp to share to their cronies just like dasukigate. Nonsense.

Do you think the Nigerian Government can afford to give Nigerians 24 hours power supply? ****

-Lord

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Codedzng: 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
Lol
Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Arise01: 3:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

......I tink we shld be mindful the way we use our tongue, Your Father that's head is correct we knw where he is in the village.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by oduastates: 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
Most of those who bought those power companies have no clue . They do not have investible capital ,no technical know-how and no history in the power industry . If they were viable , the commissioning of power plants and other installations will be in the news everyday .
Remember when GSM licenses were granted ?
GSM were building something everyday of the week.
It is simply the usual sharing of government property. create dummy firm to extract rents from the government and the people .

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Goke7: 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
LordAdam:

Do you think the Nigerian Government can afford to give Nigerians 24 hours power supply? Or do you simply lack a functioning brain?

-Lord
The fact that you resorted to insults says so much about you too as if we now have 24 hrs supply too after privatization, Nonsense.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by SeverusSnape(m): 3:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Why is Buhari such a confused dullard

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by LordAdam: 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
Goke7:

The fact that you resorted to insults says so much about you too as if we now have 24 hrs supply too after privatization, Nonsense.

I asked you two questions, you answered none. What should I call you?

-Lord

14 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by olafum1(m): 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

And who in hell are u?

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Goke7: 3:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
LordAdam:

I asked you two questions, you answered none. What should I call you?

-Lord

Excuse me, can we both mind our businesses?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by LordAdam: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
Goke7:

Excuse me, can we both mind our businesses?

Yes. When you accept that your first comment was made out of ignorance, lack of patriotism, unintelligence, and bigotry...

-Lord

19 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Goke7: 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
LordAdam:

Yes. When you accept that your first comment was made out of ignorance, lack of patriotism, unintelligence, and bigotry...

-Lord

You are ignored, thanks

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by LordAdam: 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
Goke7:

You are ignored, thanks

What else can you really do? You think you can just make ignorant statements on NL and get away with it. Next time, think well before you comment.

-Lord

17 Likes

Re: Buhari: I'm In Dilemma Over Power Privatisation by Goke7: 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
LordAdam:

What else can you really do? You think you can just make ignorant statements on NL and get away with it. Next time, think well before you comment.

-Lord

When you are tired, let the moderators know. Ignored!!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Idris Abdulkareem And Omoyele Sowore Blast 2face & Charlie Boy, Speak Revolution / The Fashola Vs Akpabio Thread. / 2016 budget of fraud: Inside The Massive FRAUD In Buhari’s Budget.-premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.