Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

He Could Not Answer Me - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Could Not Answer Me (2073 Views)

The Question No One Has Been Able To Answer Me In The Bible / Reasons Why It Seems God Does Not Answer Your Prayers / A Question Xtians Would Rather Not Answer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Could Not Answer Me by dolphinheart(m): 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
Now, as to the explanation of the other verse;
Eccl 12v7 -Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
That is very true. After death, every spirit returns to God who gave it -for judgment. Now, whether they will be sent to heaven or be cast intto hell after judgment is another issue.
Scriptures says;
Hebrews 9v27 -And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
After death, the next thing is judgment. When someone dies, his spirit returns to God for judgment; they will be judged relative to their right-standing with God.
yes you are right, it is said that the spirit returns to God , but the scriptures never said it's for judgement!. that is an addition by you. Secondly, that judgement comes after death is correct, but the scriptures never said it's your spirit that will be judged!
There is no verse that says the spirit in man will be judged and later sent to heaven or hell.
eccle 12:7 states that at death the person’s body returns to the dust, “and the spirit itself returns to the true God who gave it.” The person himself was never in heaven with God; what “returns” to God is therefore the vital force that enabled the person to lIve!.

I'll like to ask you, if you believe that the spirit is judged immediately after death, and then sent to hell or heaven, does this mean that the boy that Elijah raised was in heaven or hell before he was raised back to life? same with the issue of Lazarus.?

This explanation of yours also contradicts the issue of Lazarus, cus Lazarus was in hell with the rich man! , and not in heaven. so to believe this is to believe that Lazarus spirit went to hell after judgement! , I'll await your response to this.
Also can you add this scriptures when you respond?(This is in relation to the spirit in animals)
1.gen 6:17; 7:15,22
eccle 3:18-22
18. I also said in my heart about the sons of men that the true God will test them and show them that they are like animals, for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit.[/b]So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. [b]All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust. Who really knows whether the spirit of humans ascends upward, and whether the spirit of animals descends down to the earth? And I saw that there is nothing better than for a man to find enjoyment in his work, because that is his reward; for who can enable him to see what will happen after he is gone?

It is obviously clear that some are sent to hell after judgment, just as the story of the rich man and Lazarus made very clear.
The rich man's soul ended up in hell.
Luke 16v22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; AND IN HELL he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
So, that every spirit returns to God after death for judgment is true (according to Eccl 12v7 and Hebrews 9v27); and that some souls are sent into hell after judgment is also true (according to Luke 16v23).
The word of God is one, they don't contradict eachother. When two scriptures em contradictory, it is because we are yet to find the adjoining scripture that reconciles the two verse.
1. that the spirit is being judged is by your word, not by the scriptures
2. that spirits goes to hell is also by your words ,the scriptures never said so.
joining judgement and spirit goes to God to say spirits that go to God are judged is wrong bro.
unless you want agree that Lazarus has been judged and sent to hell!
This also goes contrary to jesus words that no one has been to heaven!

pls can you tell , when God puts one spirit and soul in him, at conception or at birth? cus this your judgement of spirit makes it look like each ones spirit is different from the other. But the scriptures say they are the same. when even talking about more than one person it says "spirit" and not "spirits".
note:
*sorry, had to cut this part of cus post is too long.

taking the parable literally will contradict what the scriptures says about what happens to man when he dies.

sorry for squeezing the words together.
Re: He Could Not Answer Me by analice107: 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2016
Jozzy4:

Trash ! If God is a spirit that automatically means all this description you cited are anthropomorphism ... Infact col 1:15 calls him The INVISIBLE GOD , thus no one has seen him talkless of describing him .but this descriptions are used to help humans understand the bible

For example, some verses also speak of God has having FEATHER and wings . some verses speak of him as a male , whereas spirit has no gender .. . intact since God is spoken of as a male , can u then admit he has genitals ?

In Genesis , we are told again that male and FEMALE are in the image of God , going by ur reasoning, God must then have a breast and womb since bible said he created Female in his image ?

I pity your reasoning . God is a spirit , totally invisible thus any description u read is an anthropomorphism .

Those descriptions are human. Not spirit

A spiritual body can't be seen with the human eyes gentleman , angels often appear as human to be seen and visible to us thus those descriptions used in Johns vision .

This clearly has nothing in common with a rich MAN, MAN with a tongue tasting water.

Or u wanna tell me spirits have tongues too ? U might as well assume they have penis ? Serious ?

You said soul can hunger and thirst ... Think about what that means ? Is that not a clear fleshly description ? A spiritual entity with hunger and thirst ? Absurd

Okay see this , if soul is a spiritual entity ... How come A Soul hunger , thirst ,
?

How come a soul feel SLEEPLESS ?? shocked psalm 119:28

How come a soul EAT FLESH ? cool Lev 7:20

How come a soul is stricken By Joshua's sword ? Jos 10:37 angry
If you know how ridiculous you sound. Well, like Ayoku777 said, these Bible passages means what you want them to mean, hence; his submissions are trash to you.

Are you a Materialist?

1 Like

Re: He Could Not Answer Me by analice107: 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
This JW enh!!! So because you want to maintain your stance on No Hellfire, you close your mind to reasoning too? Scriptures are bare before you dear, hold on to your Materialistic world and die and see.
Re: He Could Not Answer Me by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
analice107:
This JW enh!!! So because you want to maintain your stance on No Hellfire, you close your mind to reasoning too? Scriptures are bare before you dear, hold on to your Materialistic world and die and see.
shattap.. my friend just shattap if u have nothing meaningful to contribute just shattap and delete that ur rubbish post.
Re: He Could Not Answer Me by Jozzy4: 8:51pm On Mar 23, 2016
analice107:

If you know how ridiculous you sound. Well, like Ayoku777 said, these Bible passages means what you want them to mean, hence; his submissions are trash to you.

Are you a Materialist?

Anas09 or whatever u call yourself, I won't take you serious until you can just show me what's ridiculous in the post you quoted ..

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Seven Headed Snake. Real Or Hoax? / MUST READ: Jacob Wrestled With God, And So Should You / Why You Shouldn't Listen To 'daddy Freeze'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.