Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. (3001 Views)

‘My Wife Is Killing Me With Having Too Many Children, She Bears Them Like Rats’ / Please Help This Lady Find Her Brother / Help! This Girl Wants To Destroy Our Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by umehmj(m): 8:42pm On Mar 21, 2016
before now i used to hear people fall into depression but i never knew i will someday find myself in such situation as i am now.

right now im just fed up with everything. i wake up every morning not feeling like going to work. i will be hungry but when i try eating, it makes me sick in the stomach. things i fancy before now irritates me and i think im becoming aggressive too. this night i came back and tried listening to some cool sounds. that made me cry my heart out, leaving me feeling alone and dejected. i called my woman cos i needed someone to talk to (she stays in Lagos) but she hurried me off the call cos she is busy in the kitchen. That's why im here.

please how do i get better? you guys should help me please. I'm loosing it.
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by ClassCaptain(m): 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
Peace will visit you:
but you have not told us what is behind the depression:
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by osesology(m): 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
You are obviously going through stress, and if I'm right then you really need to relax. But if it is not just stress, then I expect you to put a name on it. What exactly are you depressed about? Maybe we can start from there.
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by umehmj(m): 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Peace will visit you:

that is the problem. i can't place my hands on what really is the cause of my mood. i don't know. everything around me is fine but im not fine

1 Like

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by Blakjewelry(m): 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
You dey nairaland and you still dey feel depressed? Ona serious note you have to first of all identify what triggered the state you are in now. That is the starting point

1 Like

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by ify2nyce(f): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
simple as ABC.......
take 7bottles of stout day and night
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
What caused d depression? Well now you know suicide victims shdnt be laffed at. It gets so serious dat even ur spouse who's closest to you won't understand you. Then one will realize that one can still be lonely even among d crowd. Only God understands. You'll be fine except u're melancholic in nature. If u're not, u'll be fine.
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by benELOHIM7(m): 10:11pm On Mar 21, 2016
You just reached the point. I was there too. Grab the bible fast now if you are a christian. If you are not, seek wisdom from whatever you are serving. Your sleeping inner-man is struggling to wake.

4 Likes

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by TheArchangel(f): 7:10am On Mar 22, 2016
Trek for some minutes after alighting from the bus at your nearest bus stop. Try to appreciate the scenery, change your route grab a bottle of cold something from a bar and relax a little before heading home, then, try new things.
Browse through your phone contacts and call some friends or acquaintances long forgotten.

Practice meditation and yoga....it is a very potent relaxation technique.

Call Mum or Dad or your siblings and yab cry transfer the depression a little to someone and get a life bro, life is too sweet to allow it get to you.

Then list your problems and tackle them one after the other.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by skylowlow: 7:16am On Mar 22, 2016
read psalm 29 everyday before you sleep.

you have issues with your woman, don't you undecided

[img]http://images.memes.com/meme/625183[/img]
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by umehmj(m): 7:19am On Mar 22, 2016
ify2nyce:
simple as ABC.......
take 7bottles of stout day and night
Thank you but i don't drink
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by umehmj(m): 7:20am On Mar 22, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
What caused d depression? Well now you know suicide victims shdnt be laffed at. It gets so serious dat even ur spouse who's closest to you won't understand you. Then one will realize that one can still be lonely even among d crowd. Only God understands. You'll be fine except u're melancholic in nature. If u're not, u'll be fine.

nobody understands and yes, im melancholic
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by umehmj(m): 7:21am On Mar 22, 2016
benELOHIM7:
You just reached the point. I was there too. Grab the bible fast now if you are a christian. If you are not, seek wisdom from whatever you are serving. Your sleeping inner-man is struggling to wake.

Thank you
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by umehmj(m): 7:23am On Mar 22, 2016
TheArchangel:
Trek for some minutes after alighting from the bus at your nearest bus stop. Try to appreciate the scenery, change your route grab a bottle of cold something from a bar and relax a little before heading home, then, try new things.
Browse through your phone contacts and call some friends or acquaintances long forgotten.

Practice meditation and yoga....it is a very potent relaxation technique.

Call Mum or Dad or your siblings and yab cry transfer the depression a little to someone and get a life bro, life is too sweet to allow it get to you.

Then list your problems and tackle them one after the other.

Peace

i meditate every morning before now but since this depression set in, every time i try to meditate my mind wanders off. appreciate
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by umehmj(m): 7:25am On Mar 22, 2016
skylowlow:
read psalm 29 everyday before you sleep.
you have issues with your woman, don't you undecided
[img]http://images.memes.com/meme/625183[/img]
psalm 29, ok. the only issue i have with my woman is the distance between us.
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by skylowlow: 7:30am On Mar 22, 2016
umehmj:

psalm 29, ok. the only issue i have with my woman is the distance between us.

ermmm!!!
i hope you are not stressing yourself too much over her.. being jealous and worrying about what she's doing..etc

just saying..
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by TheArchangel(f): 7:57am On Mar 22, 2016
umehmj:

i meditate every morning before now but since this depression set in, every time i try to meditate my mind wanders off. appreciate
It certainly must fizzle out like the rest of them stupid human weaknesses.

Remember exercise ..boxing ...box your depression and aggression out.

1 Like

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 22, 2016
umehmj:

nobody understands and yes, im melancholic
Hmm the 1st good news is that u knw abt urself; that is very gud so u will cope with situations in ur own best way

2ndly, I'm sure u've been thru hardships b4 that gave u dat nature and u scaled thru, u will get over this too with time. I'm melanc too so I understand how deep depression can be especially for a person like me.

Something sweet will put u in a happy mood soon. Just flow along.

3 Likes

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by Sparkles003(f): 9:34am On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=umehmj post=43984342]before now i used to hear people fall into depression but i never knew i will someday find myself in such situation as i am now.

right now im just fed up with everything. i wake up every morning not feeling like going to work. i will be hungry but when i try eating, it makes me sick in the stomach. things i fancy before now irritates me and i think im becoming aggressive too. this night i came back and tried listening to some cool sounds. that made me cry my heart out, leaving me feeling alone and dejected. i called my woman cos i needed someone to talk to (she stays in Lagos) but she hurried me off the call cos she is busy in the kitchen. That's why im here.

please how do i get better? you guys should help me please. I'm loosing it. [/quote

This kind of feelings happens when you feel you have not achieved what you feel you ought to..
or you feel you yet to get to certain stage of your life...or you feel things are not working the way you want them to
...or you have a feeling of being stagnant..or your job does not give you the kind of joy you want from a job...
truth is no one really can understand what anyone is going thru except the one going thru it.
My advice...just pray...tell it all to God the way you would tell it to one you feel truthfully cares for your thought,pour out your heart to him...then let it go...take each DAY A STEP AT A TIME...you will be fine...it is just a phase...it will surely pass...read Isaiah 43 vs 18-19 every morning

2 Likes

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by chigoizie7(m): 11:32am On Mar 22, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Peace will visit you:

Most times we just don't know the cause. Everything is alright but deep down it doesn't seem alright.

2 Likes

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by YourCoffin: 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
Short-term cure: m.a.s.t.u.r.b.a.t.e, then open an MS Word and starting typing whatever that's coming out of your head. Don't stop until you go blank then start arranging them to something meaningful

Long-term cure: read the topic below
www.nairaland.com/2616963/correcting-misconception-depression

1 Like

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by umehmj(m): 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=Sparkles003 post=43996921][/quote]

you are right to a very large extent. thank you very much. sometimes i feel this job is draining life out of me. i prefer working for me and im working towards it by God.
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by umehmj(m): 2:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
skylowlow:

ermmm!!!
i hope you are not stressing yourself too much over her.. being jealous and worrying about what she's doing..etc

just saying..

I'm human and sometimes i worry about that.
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
umehmj:
before now i used to hear people fall into depression but i never knew i will someday find myself in such situation as i am now.

please how do i get better? you guys should help me please. I'm loosing it.

Do u have a hobby like something to do, when am depressed if its not alcohol, am contributing to an open source project, playing videos games or reading technical books, but do something fun to take away that feeling, could be maybe you feel you're not living life to the fullest or you could be lonely. Or you're of those who tend to over think

1 Like

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 22, 2016
umehmj:

I'm human and sometimes i worry about that.

Never think about that, what will be will be, if someone is going to such you can't stop it. That's too much stress

1 Like

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by oyxah(f): 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2016
Sorry dear. Happened to me before, last year precisely. Terrible experience it was, but you'll be fine. Pray regularly and read your bible too. Find solace in the word of God. Try something new, make new friends, go out often, get a new hobby, learn a skill and try to not be alone often. Visit a psychologist, counsellor or a doctor, i think there are drugs that help deal with depression. Stop listening to slow, cool music. They'll only worsen your situation. Listen to loud, steamy songs, like raps, dancehall, naija kind of songs, they'll improve your mood. You'll be fine in no time.

1 Like

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
You are likely leading a monotonous life that has descended into meaninglessness. Work doesn't cure depression. You need to loosen up, alter your daily routine, engage is fun activities with friends around, look for recreational centers around and spend some evenings there. Furthermore, attend church services more often, join a department and become very active. This gives your life some meaning other than working for pay.

Reclusive living damages you further. Engage in sporting activities as often as possible. The truth is that so many adults are depressed, surprisingly many of them are in marriage relationships. I have made it a duty to engage in outdoor activities by all means because I am an indoor person by nature. I walk around my area in the evenings just to find where guys are playing football. I don't hesitate to join them once I spot where such is ongoing.

Lastly, as a Christian, I'll strongly recommend that you join an evangelical team in your local church. You could also do it on your own with a few Scriptures and boldness. Of all I have said, this is the most effective cure for depression. It leaves you with an exciting feeling that you can't explain. You would be left wondering why you are so joyful, but you would not be able to grab tangible explanation. It's an enigma!

1 Like

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by dangotesmummy: 1:29am On Mar 23, 2016
Is that so? undecided

Oya come and follow us lick icecream undecided

Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by umehmj(m): 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
thanks everyone. your advises and suggestions were really helpful. i really appreciate.

classcaptain
osesology
blakjewelry
radicallyblunt
benELOHIM7
TheArchangel
skylowlow
sparkles003
chigoizie7
pcguru1
oyxah
wisebully
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by stevecantrell: 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
OP, you've been stuck in the same gear, same routine for too long. YOU NEED CHANGE.
Quit your job, move to a new town, break up with old habits. Your soul is bored.
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by 2sizzlin(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
There comes a time in a person's life where you've gotten All you thought was going to make you happy or okay and you believe you can get whatever you set a goal to get, but there's still a hole in you that needs to be filled. Well, only God's purpose for your life can appropriately fill that space.
B4 you were created, God already had a purpose for you, no matter how successful you seem to be, you won't be satisfied unless you're in the track of that purpose. The good news is that the fix starts right from knowing you've got a purpose and being willing to go through it.
Ever wondered why people you wished you were in their shoes try/commit suicide?

I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of, so they can see that it's not the answer. ~Jim Carrey

John 4:34 New International Version (NIV)
“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.

This shows you that if you don't do His will, you will be starving yourself.

This is the period when people lose it, they either try to fill it up through the right place or get involved in some indulgences that will change the course of their lives.

Your life isn't yours, it's God's, you can't go on using it for your plans alone. (generally ppl think success is all about what the society paints it to be ...
Go through school
Get a good job or have sth that fetches plenty money to solve any problem money can solve
Get married and make offsprings
Continue making money
And eventually die?

You'd get to a point where you'd acquire all these and still be like.... Is this all there is to life?
Only in Jesus is there Fullness of life.

Visit Pastor.ng
He doesn't shout, he just teaches.
Listen to him b4 you disregard.

I've don my part, you’re responsible for what you do with information.

iCare
Re: Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. by Blakjewelry(m): 10:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
umehmj:
thanks everyone. your advises and suggestions were really helpful. i really appreciate.

classcaptain
osesology
blakjewelry
radicallyblunt
benELOHIM7
TheArchangel
skylowlow
sparkles003
chigoizie7
pcguru1
oyxah
wisebully
Nice one. Good to know you are back on track, my suggestion is actually from my experience. Whenever am down I try to identify the cause of my mood and resolve it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Right? Pls I Need Ur Sincere Advice / My Toddler Left The School Premise Without Supervision / A Cry And Urgent Plea For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.