Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano (84298 Views)

I Want To Set Up A Pig Farm In Nigeria. I Need Help To Start Up / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Sayelabola(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
jam04:
But Op I thought the general believe is that hausas(muslims) don't like pigs. How come they allowed such farm exist in such popular city like Kano?

And yes they also don't like dogs, but they keep them.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by orlarbissy(f): 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Thought the Hausa's (Muslims) don't eat Pork

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by searching101: 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
that's cute,but now no one wants to farm,everyone is aiming the white collar jobs,I just wish the dollar should hit #2000 so everyone can receive sence
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by tonychristopher: 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
In Kano ..pigs and Islam

Hmmm
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by hansad: 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
Has Kano Hisbah Islamic Police seen this Pig Farm?

Kano governors frequently use Hisbah Islamic Police to seize alcohol beverages and other items prohibited by Islam, and destroy them in the open before newsmen.

But at the end of the month, Kano governors come to Abuja to collect federal allocations earned through VAT from sales of alcoholic beverages.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by AleAirHub(m): 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
One good news frm the north since BABA GO SLOW ENTER AS OUR PRESIDENT.... angry angry angry
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Sunnynwa: 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
crestedaguiyi:

that may never see the light of day except regionalism is brought back to the fore.

i recently added you on whatsapp with intentions to learn pig farming from you.

the lady who planted cassava on the land i bought say i have to either wait till she is able to take them out or buy the cassava. the guys i paid to dig borehole are on stand by till i sort out issues with the woman.

what will i do with the cassava cos i need to get my piggery up and running .

Invite Fulani herdsmen for a walk across the area with their cattle...... grin

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by banmee(m): 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
crestedaguiyi:
That was before Nigeria became a zoo

You mean the farm was set up before 1960?
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Yemizy(m): 6:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nyc one
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by banmee(m): 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
jam04:

Wow..this is so cool.
Lalasticlala and seun this is the type of info we need on fp. Let people know we are always one and we will always be.
This is so encouraging

cc dominique , obinoscopy, mynd44, lalasticlala, seun

Someone just lied to you and you are happy about it. In the world my asss.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by tinsel: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
What is APC business in this one. Somebody iS advertising his business and you are calling APC.

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Living4christ(m): 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2016
Muslims font eat pigs, and dey don't sell pigs in sharia state
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by 41lady(m): 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2016
jam04:
But Op I thought the general believe is that hausas(muslims) don't like pigs. How come they allowed such farm exist in such popular city like Kano?

That was b4 the arabs brainwash the hausas, and it was during the colonial masters, U can the hausa man picture feeding and clearing the pig manger. Although i don't eat pork but I am not disturbed myself because someone eat or farm pig,
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
jam04:
my guy it's not hausa Muslim alone. many Christians don't it pork to its just that some choose to look the other way.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by greatjoey: 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
femu:

Thats what most people think... i know for a fact Pigs are reared in kaduna, kano, bauchi, benue, plateau, nasarawa borno etc.

a lot of Northern cities contain Christian minorities who are crazy about pork
Know your country very well. Benue state is a complete Christian state where Islam has no minutest hold. Muslims are minority in Plateau state and cannot detect the tradition of the people. The indigenous tribes in Nasarawa state are predominantly Christians thus detect the tradition .
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by adeoba2008(m): 6:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
Better days ahead for Nigeria. I am very optimistic of that.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
dominique:
Where exactly in kano is it located? Is it still in existing?

Hadejia Road Kano.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by mu2sa2: 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2016
crestedaguiyi:
So not 1914 any more. Keep on deceiving yourself.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by meccuno: 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2016
femu:

Thats what most people think... i know for a fact Pigs are reared in kaduna, kano, bauchi, benue, plateau, nasarawa borno etc.

a lot of Northern cities contain Christian minorities who are crazy about pork
how can one be crazy about pork disgusting animal
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by fortune1968: 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
crestedaguiyi:
some people will always prove that they are made and brought up in baby factories.No matter the topic for discussion !
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Irore: 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
goodlifehyd:
Muslims dont eat pig not that Muslims dont like pig

Is it because they are pigs?
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by 4nobody4every1: 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
cool
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by ohenhen1: 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2016
US had a military base in Kano?

What?

BTW how can they have pig farm in Sharia country like Kano?
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nigeria used to be the biggest producer of alotta things.

Before oyel happened.

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by jaymichael(m): 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
So this is the story of that K maroun pork building @Ijora.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Flamezreal(m): 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
And that guy tendering it.....................Nigeria was once upon a time beautiful.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by akigbemaru: 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2016
Largest pigs in Kano.
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by HAH: 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2016
This thread topic is misleading, why would you. Make it as if the piggery exist today, something that existed in the 1940s long before independence
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by dayojags10(m): 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
I doubt if the pig wey remain for naija now sef reach 36,000. Cos I remember back then late 90s and early 2000s when I do come visit my uncle in badagry, there's dis woman back then, they call her iya elede, she has this big land where she rear just pigs, infact most peeps back then in BDG, their jobs were just coconut sales and pig farming. But now,its all gone, before yu go see pig ehn, yu go waka tire nt to talk of someone rearing them. All the whole Badagrians don turn FAYAWO(smugllers) now
Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
thought muslims don't eat pig, so how come the biggest pig farm is in Kano

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by HRich(m): 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
femu:
Oh yes! Right here in Nigeria, the largest pig farm in the world once existed in the core Muslim Northern city of Kano.

That was when Nigeria was lovey dovey and we all tolerated one another.

The farm was started in 1943 by a Lebanese, Kalil Maroun founder of K.Maroun and Co a popular Pork Farm/Processing company, located at Apapa, Lagos.

The original intention of Maroun was to produce pork for the US military base in Kano during world war 2.

In 1959, 36,000 pigs were fattened and transported by rail to be butchered and processed in Lagos every month.

Let's make Nigerian Agriculture Great once again.

Let's rule the World again

Let’s take a look at some pictures from the Kano pig farm

source: https://no1pigfan./2016/03/19/largest-pig-farm-in-the-world/#more-595
How would you say it's the world largest? You wan insult Sanusi Lamido Sanusi bah?

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano by nolvera(f): 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
Just hope that the man in the second pic is not the prodigal son in the Bible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fastest Way To Kill 51 Catfish. Nigerians Call Man A Murderer (Photos) / My Maize Farm Made Me Smile This Morning. Photos Attached / PICTURE..Free Range Snail Farming Style In Lagos Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.